Author Topic: Ted Cruz to fly with Obama aboard Air Force One to Dallas memorial event  (Read 16443 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lame sarcasm.  However, the many posters on this thread reflect one thing.  Ted Cruz is still the most interesting and the most popular man in America.

Well, this is as good a reason as any explaining his resounding defeat.    :whistle:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Miss my point.  Not surprising.

You never seem to have a point. You make a great Democrat.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:02:50 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Miss my point.  Not surprising.
You're not helping yourself here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

That is audacious. You who arrived here barely two months ago from TOS with your nasty TOS manners, telling somebody that has been on BR for over seven years, to leave ??

You and others like you have turned BR into the echo chamber you now claim to have left.

It can't be an echo chamber if you're here, t_s.

Right??  Is anybody keeping you from speaking your mind?

(Rhetorical question.......... of course not).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

There really is no way to spin this ride with Bammie as a non political non-issue.

We were correct to assume the worst when Bush and Clinton used to share rides. For Cruz to give B. Hussein the dignity of accepting a free ride to Dallas is tantamount to accepting and endorsing the racist rhetoric Bammie just spouted for BLM and against the cops.

Ted should have known better.

Don't agree.  He was going with the President, as Senator from Texas to a memorial for those killed in an attack on Dallas police officers.

To make it negative is to be political.

This was personal.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Yes! It is about empathy. It's a shame you had to cap it, but that's the here and now it seems; selfish deadened deafened people.

[I blame it all on abortion, btw; but that's off topic.]

You do??  So do I!!

(Off the record, and off topic, that is.  ^-^ )

Offline musiclady

It's not like he invited Obama to his wedding, now is it?

Post of the day!!   :beer:

(I can't believe they're trying to make this a negative for Cruz.  Crazy stuff going on inside these heads).

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, this is as good a reason as any explaining his resounding defeat.    :whistle:

And soon you're going to have to figure out a way to explain Trump's humiliating defeat against the worst woman in America.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You do??  So do I!!

(Off the record, and off topic, that is.  ^-^ )

I've said for years that legalized abortion has weakened the moral fiber of the country.  This election may be a symptom.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

How about ONE topic where we stay ON topic? Topic is not TOS or (by anticipation) Donald Trump.

Just for curiosity's sake, was mine the only post you deleted on this thread?

But you didn't bother deleting the post that started the foodfight in the first place?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:38:58 am by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's not like he invited Obama to his wedding, now is it?

LOL!

You're not helping yourself here.

What would you have me do to "help myself" here?    :pondering:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What would you have me do to "help myself" here?    :pondering:

Usually, not agitating and aggravating are considered helpful.

Usually, not agitating and aggravating are considered helpful.

Of course it is.  And it is @Sanguine a two-way street.  Spread the news!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You asked; I answered.  You could at least take what you asked for graciously without putting conditions on it.

Wingnut

You and your Pyrite king followers see it not as a two way street but as it's "My way or the Highway" with your Trump Train BS.     Ride that Runaway Crazy 8888 train all the way to the crash sight.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

How nice of Cruz to fly on Af1 with the man responsible for all these police murders.

What a creep! 

I can 'see' the Hillary Commercial now...."Ted Cruz and Barack Obama shaking hands on the tarmac"...with the audio..."How bad is Donald Trump for America when sworn antagonists can come together in these perilous times?   Vote Hillary Clinton.   Stop Donald Trump.   Save America"   

Set a precedent.  Say no thanks.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:06:55 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What a creep! 

I can 'see' the Hillary Commercial now...."Ted Cruz and Barack Obama shaking hands on the tarmac"...with the audio..."How bad is Donald Trump for America when sworn antagonists can come together in these perilous times?   Vote Hillary Clinton.   Stop Donald Trump.   Save America"

Why on earth would Hillary Clinton go after Ted Cruz?  You're not confused as to who the already-anointed-candidate is, are you?

Offline NavyCanDo

The story says the invitation to fly with him, was asign of UNITY  on the heels of this terrible tragedy. I can respect that. But what I see on this thread is Trump supporters fighting against  unity, in true fashion of Trump himself.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline OldSaltUSN

Lets get down to brass tacks here.... what the inflight meal?

I love it when a man stays on point, and keeps his priorities "real".
 :hands:    :silly:

Insightful analysis.
:peeonobama:

Offline OldSaltUSN

This was an admitted Trump supporter deliberately posting an inflammatory thread against Ted Cruz—just like the other Trump caucus members have been posting inflammatory threads. Let's remember that when we start lecturing about "stay(ing) on topic."

Unfortunately for the poster, Cruz has a record in the Senate opposing Obama's agenda. Something Trump will never have.

... and, predictably, as soon as the Mod chimes in terms that the Trumpkins consider favorable to their all-about-Trump perspective, then comes the self-righteous Trumpkin bile, after which comes further condemnation by a well meaning Moderator for turning the tread into yet another political Trump versus alles thread.

Feels just like the Trump post-announcement period from June 2015 until JimmyRob proclaimed it immoral and illegal to support anything other than Trump, TRUMP, TRUMP!!!
But that's another TOS story ....

On point:  Cruz has class, and exhibited it today in spades.   At every opportunity where Cruz could be self-serving, he's been self-effacing and a humble servant to the people he represents.

Offline OldSaltUSN

Just for curiosity's sake, was mine the only post you deleted on this thread?

But you didn't bother deleting the post that started the foodfight in the first place?

If Mod's are actually doing that here at TBR, I'd be shocked.  If that's what it's come to, it's probably time to close the thread.

Or, maybe better, just close TBR and join TBR and TOS memberships.  Results would be the same.

Online Hoodat

The only news here is that this petty White House actually offered Cruz a ride.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sinkspur

What a creep! 

Paranoia is part of nearly everyone of your posts these days.

Are you nervous?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Hoodat

That won't be anywhere near as bad as the commercials she will run with Donald Trump himself saying what a good job she did as Secretary of State.  Who's going to be more effective?  Some faceless narrator?  Or Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-