Author Topic: Ted Cruz to fly with Obama aboard Air Force One to Dallas memorial event  (Read 16453 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Amazing that you are still here and still posting.

Wow. What a deeply insightful observation. About par, for echo chamber standards.

Any remarks on the substance of my post ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Just_Victor

Wow. What a deeply insightful observation. About par, for echo chamber standards.

It has become what people claim to have left; an echo chamber. Even the claim that nobody every gets banned is not true. Where are Carling and A-Lert ?? Both Trump supporters, BTW .

I just replied to @a-lert in another thread.  Dont know and have never seen a post from @Carling .

But you are still here and still posting? Right?

QED
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think the zombies over at TOS miss Cruz... they had so much fun maligning him and what are they gonna do with all those insulting graphics and photoshopped pictures they had?

It must really hurt that Cruz has done nothing and said nothing to keep Trump from the nomination, but the fact that he exists and is such a reminder of the Candidate We Could Have Had is hard to take.

Any hyena type predators that runs out of prey, starts eating their own.  TOS is no exception
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Lando Lincoln

t_s, I have always appreciated your insights.  Just sayin'.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Was not pleased that Cruz took the flight,and did a triple take when I heard it on the news. 

But as others have said, declining the cic (no matter how slimeball he is), is outside decorum, and would be negative newsworthy, in it's own right.

Would be funny if POTUS was trying to extract from Cruz some Trump dirt research from the primaries.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:19:41 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Would be funny if POTUS was trying to extract from Cruz some Trump dirt research from the primaries.
That would explain why Hillary hasn't been indicted (really, really bad investigative skills).
I don't recall Cruz slinging much mud.
If they can't google up some dirt, they'd just call her, I am sure she has some.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:11:52 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

If you don't see that it was a remark on the substance of your post, read again.  Or, allow me to explain...

You suggest that there's banning going on, implying it's being done for supporting Trump, yet you haven't been banned.  Sorta puts a lie to the implication.

Get it now?

@truth_seeker
@Just_Victor
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mechanicos

I agree that it seems to be the case.  And, perhaps it's also just a carryover from TOS?  They seem to be in the business of attacking Cruz at every turn.
The fact that every delegate causing trouble at the convention right now is a Cruz delegate and Cruz not only has not told his people to knock it off but is acting like he condones their conduct is why.  To conservatives not infatuated with Cruz this looks like what caused so many to drop Cruz for Trump in the Primary, perceived dishonesty, sneakiness and dirty tricks. So no hes not a threat since its going nowhere, but his lack of honor, integrity and respect for the party is angering conservatives, including former Cruz supporters.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Trump in the Primary, perceived dishonesty, sneakiness and dirty tricks.

More of the bogus "Lyin Ted" meme that was concocted by Trump and his thugs.   That dog doesn't hunt.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:26:17 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Lando Lincoln

Folks...  this is about attending a Memorial event for 5 slain police officers.  We are pages into it and we are discussing TOS and regurgitating palaver that is on countless other threads.  How is that?  Why is that?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

The fact that every delegate causing trouble at the convention right now is a Cruz delegate and Cruz not only has not told his people to knock it off but is acting like he condones their conduct is why.  To conservatives not infatuated with Cruz this looks like what caused so many to drop Cruz for Trump in the Primary, perceived dishonesty, sneakiness and dirty tricks. So no hes not a threat since its going nowhere, but his lack of honor, integrity and respect for the party is angering conservatives, including former Cruz supporters.

Not every #NeverTrump is a Cruz delegate.  To say that EVERY delegate causing trouble is a Cruz delegate is an out and out lie.  By the way, you left out the part about Trump's mobsters intimidating and bullying other delegates and anti-Trump supporters.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

Not every #NeverTrump is a Cruz delegate.  To say that EVERY delegate causing trouble is a Cruz delegate is an out and out lie.  By the way, you left out the part about Trump's mobsters intimidating and bullying other delegates and anti-Trump supporters.
The head of the Dump Trump group on the Rules Committee is a Cruz delegate, the Delegate who sued Virgina in Federal court is a Cruz Delegate. My Point Stands. Cruz could do the honorable thing and put a stop to these sneaky, dirty tricks to disenfranchise millions of conservative voters and select a RINO at the convention. Trump has an absolute right to confront thieves and dishonest delegates. Which is all they are at this point.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Glad you're back, @libertybele.

geronl

Better, lol...

my solution is a bigger Ignore List.

Wingnut

He's too old and stubborn to leave.  You can't teach an old dog new trix... :smokin:

Offline musiclady

When they are picking at Lando Lincoln, they are really picking at nits.  He is a peacemaker at heart.  They would be smart to develop some discernment.

Trump love turns people downright mean.

I can't believe the personality change in some people I thought I knew.

And you're right...... picking at Lando is scraping the bottom of the decency barrel.

(Now picking at you or me on the other hand.....   :smokin: )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

Dallas Memorial service for officers slain in the line of duty, folks.
FOCUS.

Offline Hoodat

Cruz could do the honorable thing and put a stop to these sneaky, dirty tricks to disenfranchise millions of conservative voters and select a RINO at the convention. Trump has an absolute right to confront thieves and dishonest delegates. Which is all they are at this point.

You are absolutely delusional.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
You are absolutely delusional.

Mech is among a multitude of Trumpets who are in the camp, that if a lie is repeated enough it becomes believable.

The "Lyin Ted" meme and the other Trump dirty tricks crossed over the lines of decency.  They just can't handle that  his Orangeness has a tenuous relationship with the truth.,and will do or say anything to thrash his way to the top.

Trump is a disgusting POS.

Offline Resp3

Folks...  this is about attending a Memorial event for 5 slain police officers.  We are pages into it and we are discussing TOS and regurgitating palaver that is on countless other threads.  How is that?  Why is that?

How?? Why???

I ask how and why you don't get it? This "Memorial event" was a staged political rally. And even more so when Bammie took to the stage to talk about himself and BLM.

And for Sen. Cruz to join this dog and pony show by accepting a free ride on AF1 shows political naiveté bordering on political suicide.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

1. Because it's easy.
2. Because it can be done again and again. And again.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How?? Why???

I ask how and why you don't get it? This "Memorial event" was a staged political rally. And even more so when Bammie took to the stage to talk about himself and BLM.

And for Sen. Cruz to join this dog and pony show by accepting a free ride on AF1 shows political naiveté bordering on political suicide.
If Cruz didn't realize it would be a dog and pony show by Obama, he'd have to be pretty naive. I think he knew what he was getting into, full well. It also gives him an opportunity to present direct contrast to Obama by just doing the honorable thing as far as the memorial service is concerned. If he gives his speech honoring the fallen, without painting that with politics or racism like Obama will, then who comes off best with Texans, the Police, and the people?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Care to elaborate?

Because, IMHO, you...as many of the new members here, have no idea of the tight-knitted group of people....what kind of forum we had here at one time.

It was very special....until we opened up our 'border' to a group of outcasts who brought their hive mentality to TBR.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How?? Why???

I wonder if the families felt that way?  Or, maybe they appreciated having GWB and Sen. Cruz there?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Care to elaborate?

Because, IMHO, you...as many of the new members here, have no idea of the tight-knitted group of people....what kind of forum we had here at one time.

It was very special....until we opened up our 'border' to a group of outcasts who brought their hive mentality to TBR.

DC, what does that bit of revisionist fantasy have to do with the topic of this thread?