Author Topic: Ted Cruz to fly with Obama aboard Air Force One to Dallas memorial event  (Read 16558 times)

Offline WAC

It has been said that "Air Force One is a symbol of U.S. might and prestige".... the 'visual' of Cruz and Obama emerging from the plane in Dallas certainly projected that, (though nobody has gone against Obama as hard as Cruz has, for years) it was indeed a dramatic way to project the Unity needed to those in Dallas........good move on Cruz's part to accept....even if Obama was trying to save his butt from the critique he's had regarding Dallas.

Dallas was a tragedy for their state, and Cruz serves that state....just as Bush has....so all this should have been taken for what it was intended......NON-Political. Rather a time to mourn and heal over these brave and lost officers.

Offline aligncare

The fact that Trump and his supporters continue to attack Cruz indicates that they still see him as a threat.  There's no continuing insults aimed at Rubio or Fiorina, just Cruz.

IMHO, it's because the presence of Cruz's conservative, Constitutional principals are such a dramatic contrast to Trump, that they have to figure out how to keep Cruz's existence from making Trump look bad.

So it's only a good thing to attack the presumptive winner of the Republican presidential primary? Not the loser (Cruz) who continues to try to divide us as a party going into the general election?

I'm clearly out of step with TBR's mission.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It has been said that "Air Force One is a symbol of U.S. might and prestige".... the 'visual' of Cruz and Obama emerging from the plane in Dallas certainly projected that, (though nobody has gone against Obama as hard as Cruz has, for years) it was indeed a dramatic way to project the Unity needed to those in Dallas........good move on Cruz's part to accept....even if Obama was trying to save his butt from the critique he's had regarding Dallas.

Dallas was a tragedy for their state, and Cruz serves that state....just as Bush has....so all this should have been taken for what it was intended......NON-Political. Rather a time to mourn and heal over these brave and lost officers.
Declining the offer could have been interpreted as 'division'; accepting as bridging a racial gap, even without attribution for the incitement of the POTUS.

It was indeed the right thing to do, and puts the people of Dallas ahead of any politics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

This is exactly why I haven't posted in this forum for awhile; the continuous attacks on the #NeverTrump and Cruz. The Trumpsters attack Cruz who IS a proven Constitutional Conservative, a very active U.S. Senator who has stood up to the Washington cartel time and time again and has actually done something to defend our 2nd Amendment rights (Heller v. DC) and yet the Trumpsters have the audacity to point the blame onto the #NeverTrump.   :seeya:

Hey there!  I agree with those who are saying it is nice to see you libertybele. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Just_Victor

I have never attacked Ted Cruz.  I would have gladly voted for him had he come out on top.

He didn't.
I
My only beef here is the optics.   It would have been a much more powerful message had Cruz politely declined.

IMO, we're way past Dem vs Republican now.    It's Patriots vs the Left Behemoth.

We're 3 months and 3 weeks from losing everything every veteran fought and died for.  We're that close to losing it all....and gifting our children and grandchildren with a nightmare.

To your credit DC, I don't recall ever seeing you bring up Cruz in your support of Trump.  I would also say that makes you a rather rare Trump supporter.  The only one, at least in my experience.

I disagree that refusing the flight offer on AF1 is a better optic.  It makes Cruz appear petty when support of law enforcement is real issue.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:44:49 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline musiclady

BRAVA!! 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Just_Victor

So it's only a good thing to attack the presumptive winner of the Republican presidential primary? Not the loser (Cruz) who continues to try to divide us as a party going into the general election?

Cruz has done nothing except withdraw from the race and go back to work in the Senate.  Some of his supporters still want a real conservative to vote for, but that's not Cruz's fault.  The division in the party falls on Trump and his supporters who continue to put Cruz ahead of Hillary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

OK, Aligncare, enlighten us poor heathens.  How, exactly, is Cruz continuing to "try to divide us as a party going into the general election?"

Offline Just_Victor

OK, Aligncare, enlighten us poor heathens.  How, exactly, is Cruz continuing to "try to divide us as a party going into the general election?"

As to my original point.... 

.... QED

Offline skeeter

Perhaps you are 'out of step' because you see and hear things that aren't there.

Cruz has done absolutely nothing to deserve Trump supporters' continued attacks.

Offline Just_Victor

Perhaps you are 'out of step' because you see and hear things that aren't there.

Cruz has done absolutely nothing to deserve Trump supporters' continued attacks.

IOW he is a threat to Trump becuase of who he is, not what he has done.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Once I believed, as did many, that BR was the adult alternative to TOS. It was a place for reasoned discussion of often opposing views.

Now it is a single view sanctuary, repetitive, biased in moderating practice. Recent example: scolding a Trump advocate for "repetition," as if the entire #nevertrump mantras are not full of repetition.

It has become what people claim to have left; an echo chamber. Even the claim that nobody every gets banned is not true. Where are Carling and A-Lert ?? Both Trump supporters, BTW.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As to my original point.... 

.... QED

2+2 does =4

Offline Just_Victor

Once I believed, as did many, that BR was the adult alternative to TOS. It was a place for reasoned discussion of often opposing views.

Now it is a single view sanctuary, repetitive, biased in moderating practice. Recent example: scolding a Trump advocate for "repetition," as if the entire #nevertrump mantras are not full of repetition.

It has become what people claim to have left; an echo chamber. Even the claim that nobody every gets banned is not true. Where are Carling and A-Lert ?? Both Trump supporters, BTW.

Amazing that you are still here and still posting.

Offline flowers

Bold type mine. Another spot on post sir!

Offline skeeter

Bold type mine. Another spot on post sir!

I notice you didn't highlight the part about TBR being an echo chamber.

Offline Smokin Joe

If we are repetitious, and I am not saying we are innocent of that charge, have you considered that it might be because we respond (repeatedly, which makes us repetitious, by definition) to allegations such as:

"If you don't vote for Trump you are voting for Hillary" and other such false dichotomies.

There is something in the makeup of Cruz supporters in general that will not let such nonsense stand unopposed, for to do so would be to grant it legitimacy, which it has not.

I know, it's wearying. Perhaps we should just trade off and choose days when certain posters would respond and give some of the others a break. It not for leaving allegations and assertions unchallenged, I think we'd all be happy to take a break from pushing that same button over and over. We really don't expect a different response, and short of being done to irritate, I can't imagine why those weary and dog-eared canards keep getting posted.

So, if you and other Trump supporters find our responses tedious, help us out and quit making those allegations in the first place. Thank you. 

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I think the zombies over at TOS miss Cruz... they had so much fun maligning him and what are they gonna do with all those insulting graphics and photoshopped pictures they had?

It must really hurt that Cruz has done nothing and said nothing to keep Trump from the nomination, but the fact that he exists and is such a reminder of the Candidate We Could Have Had is hard to take.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's too bad the refugees from Free Republic came in and disrupted the all Trumpiness of this forum.

But anybody who wants a discussion free forum can always go back to TOS.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If we are repetitious, and I am not saying we are innocent of that charge, have you considered that it might be because we respond (repeatedly, which makes us repetitious, by definition) to allegations such as:

"If you don't vote for Trump you are voting for Hillary" and other such false dichotomies.

There is something in the makeup of Cruz supporters in general that will not let such nonsense stand unopposed, for to do so would be to grant it legitimacy, which it has not.

I know, it's wearying. Perhaps we should just trade off and choose days when certain posters would respond and give some of the others a break. It not for leaving allegations and assertions unchallenged, I think we'd all be happy to take a break from pushing that same button over and over. We really don't expect a different response, and short of being done to irritate, I can't imagine why those weary and dog-eared canards keep getting posted.

So, if you and other Trump supporters find our responses tedious, help us out and quit making those allegations in the first place. Thank you.

Nicely said.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Just_Victor

^^^this!

Offline Smokin Joe

I think the zombies over at TOS miss Cruz... they had so much fun maligning him and what are they gonna do with all those insulting graphics and photoshopped pictures they had?

It must really hurt that Cruz has done nothing and said nothing to keep Trump from the nomination, but the fact that he exists and is such a reminder of the Candidate We Could Have Had is hard to take.
Reminds me of a friend who had an ex-girlfriend who, for want of a better way to put it, chose badly. After that, she hated him.

Aesop had it right: "Sour Grapes".

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's too bad the refugees from Free Republic came in and disrupted the all Trumpiness of this forum.

But anybody who wants a discussion free forum can always go back to TOS.

Emjay, there were Trump-deniers here well before y'all got here. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!