Author Topic: Ted Cruz to fly with Obama aboard Air Force One to Dallas memorial event  (Read 16472 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You asked; I answered.  You could at least take what you asked for graciously without putting conditions on it.

I didn't place "conditions" on this @Sanguine.  I tried to find a civil, respectful way to remind you that the #NTs here are far more guilty of agitating and being irritating and rude than Trump supporters.

I suppose I was too subtle.   :shrug:

Offline NavyCanDo

The only news here is that this petty White House actually offered Cruz a ride.

The thread should have ended after maybe a page. The story of a Senator traveling  on AF1 is not that newsworthy.  But enter the Trump Tarveling Circus still at war with Cruz, driving the wedge deeper and deeper.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is SOP as the Senator from the State where this occurred as they are making an official visit as representations of two bodies of the government.  They are representing their branches of government, not making political statements in the 'ride share'. Now, once they get there, I'm sure political statements will fly from the President.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Lando Lincoln

I didn't place "conditions" on this @Sanguine.  I tried to find a civil, respectful way to remind you that the #NTs here are far more guilty of agitating and being irritating and rude than Trump supporters.

I suppose I was too subtle.   :shrug:

You and I have known one another for a long time and I sincerely believe we are friends.  I disagree with the premise of your statement entirely.  And I offer that respectfully.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

This is exactly why I haven't posted in this forum for awhile; the continuous attacks on the #NeverTrump and Cruz. The Trumpsters attack Cruz who IS a proven Constitutional Conservative, a very active U.S. Senator who has stood up to the Washington cartel time and time again and has actually done something to defend our 2nd Amendment rights (Heller v. DC) and yet the Trumpsters have the audacity to point the blame onto the #NeverTrump.   :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

The thread should have ended after maybe a page. The story of a Senator traveling  on AF1 is not that newsworthy.  But enter the Trump Tarveling Circus still at war with Cruz, driving the wedge deeper and deeper.

Exactly.   :beer: 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

:silly:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Ain't that the truth!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It means they expect Cruz to stand around scowling (or to have refused the ride) or he has no "honor."  In other words, to make it all about him.
And then bill the taxpayers for a separate airfare...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Lando Lincoln

It is a pity that this thread became a skirmish over politicians and politics. And, who is/was nasty first/worst.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:01:53 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

There really is no way to spin this ride with Bammie as a non political non-issue.

We were correct to assume the worst when Bush and Clinton used to share rides. For Cruz to give B. Hussein the dignity of accepting a free ride to Dallas is tantamount to accepting and endorsing the racist rhetoric Bammie just spouted for BLM and against the cops.

Ted should have known better.
Either we pay for AF1 to go to Dallas, or we pay for AF1 to go to Dallas, and Cruz' transport in addition to that. Whatever the differences between Cruz and Obama, and I think they have been demonstrably vast, this is a time to put those aside and focus on a memorial service. To have separate rides would have just cost the taxpayers even more.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

But that begs the question did he ride in the same area up front where Dem Senators get to ride...or in the back of AF1 with the junior WH staffers?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

I love it when a man stays on point, and keeps his priorities "real".
 :hands:    :silly:

Insightful analysis.

Well, The fresh Kobe Beef burger is usually very good on AF1.  Everyone knows Pres Obie only serves the best.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
The deletes were a mistake and skeeter was not the only one.  Mine was deleted, too.  All is well.  Nothing to worry about.  We are all still here and can speak our minds.  It's a bumpy process because we have strong disagreements.  Regardless of my earlier protest, I'm fine with things at this forum.

Thanks for the info.

Offline GrouchoTex

There really is no way to spin this ride with Bammie as a non political non-issue.

We were correct to assume the worst when Bush and Clinton used to share rides. For Cruz to give B. Hussein the dignity of accepting a free ride to Dallas is tantamount to accepting and endorsing the racist rhetoric Bammie just spouted for BLM and against the cops.

Ted should have known better.

I disagree. Now was not the time to make this a political statement about Obama. Now was the time to go to Dallas, Republicans and Democrats alike, and show respect and honor those who died in Dallas. Those, that put their lives on the line for people they don't even know.
Obama did nothing wrong here in asking Cruz to go along and Cruz did nothing wrong in accepting.
Obama was going to Dallas on AF1 anyway, why not go along, if invited?
I don't agree with the uproar.
Tomorrow, they will all be back in the trenches, fighting it out.

Offline Just_Victor

The fact that Trump and his supporters continue to attack Cruz indicates that they still see him as a threat.  There's no continuing insults aimed at Rubio or Fiorina, just Cruz.

IMHO, it's because the presence of Cruz's conservative, Constitutional principals are such a dramatic contrast to Trump, that they have to figure out how to keep Cruz's existence from making Trump look bad.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:16:31 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline skeeter

The fact that Trump and his supporters continue to attack Cruz indicates that they still see him as a threat.  There's no continuing insults aimed at Rubio or Fiorina, just Cruz.

IMHO, it's because the presence of Cruz's conservative, Constitutional principals are such a dramatic contrast to Trump, that they have to figure out how to keep Cruz's existence from making Trump look bad.

Agree totally. As long as Cruz is in the public eye there will be a risk - or likelihood - they'll end up looking like they were had.

Offline musiclady

This is exactly why I haven't posted in this forum for awhile; the continuous attacks on the #NeverTrump and Cruz. The Trumpsters attack Cruz who IS a proven Constitutional Conservative, a very active U.S. Senator who has stood up to the Washington cartel time and time again and has actually done something to defend our 2nd Amendment rights (Heller v. DC) and yet the Trumpsters have the audacity to point the blame onto the #NeverTrump.   :seeya:

Good to see your post, @libertybele !

I hope to see your insightful posts more often!  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

I have been baffled by it since the "let's attack Cruz" inception.
Your explanation is as good as any I have heard.
Why attack a Senator from Texas for going to the same memorial service as the President, in his home state?
Is it because they traveled together?
I will bash Obama repeatedly, but, this was a nice gesture by him, frankly, and Cruz was right to accept it.
We can discuss all the who started what another time and place.

Offline Smokin Joe

I will bash Obama repeatedly, but, this was a nice gesture by him, frankly, and Cruz was right to accept it.
We can discuss all the who started what another time and place.
Exactly. To everything there is a season. This is a time to mourn.

C S Lewis

Offline Leto

Had Cruz rejected the President's invitation to fly to the memorial with Obama he would have been made to look petty and small in the media. We know that Obama treats every tragedy as a political opportunity rather than the somber event it is. Cruz can't assume that HE has will behave in a callous way/

Cruz won't gush over Obama the way Christie did after Francis.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I agree that it seems to be the case.  And, perhaps it's also just a carryover from TOS?  They seem to be in the business of attacking Cruz at every turn.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I agree that it seems to be the case.  And, perhaps it's also just a carryover from TOS?  They seem to be in the business of attacking Cruz at every turn.

I have never attacked Ted Cruz.  I would have gladly voted for him had he come out on top.

He didn't.

My only beef here is the optics.   It would have been a much more powerful message had Cruz politely declined.

IMO, we're way past Dem vs Republican now.    It's Patriots vs the Left Behemoth.

We're 3 months and 3 weeks from losing everything every veteran fought and died for.  We're that close to losing it all....and gifting our children and grandchildren with a nightmare.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:58:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

You've been sorely missed by many of us, libertybele.  Good to see you.

@libertybele

I'm glad to see her, too!

It certainly is a more civil discussion when she's a party to it.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

That is audacious. You who arrived here barely two months ago from TOS with your nasty TOS manners, telling somebody that has been on BR for over seven years, to leave ??

You and others like you have turned BR into the echo chamber you now claim to have left.

Righteous observation. You do your screen name proud. Perfect description of what's happening here, audacious. And if that which you responded to wasn't a personal attack, I guess I just don't know what is. Am I that out of touch with TBR's mission?