Author Topic: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'  (Read 9077 times)

geronl

Re: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2016, 01:16:05 am »
Does not smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs.

You do not know if those are facts

geronl

« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2016, 01:18:14 am »
I found a 'very' interesting video interview of Trump from the 90's........this was when he was going thru his divorce but then the topic leads to political business, trade etc.......regarding this country.....and his approach to live....surprisingly, to me, he's saying these 'very same' things to day.....it certainly was an eye opener....and he speaks very distinctly....

In 2013 he wanted no borders and the Dreamers had him convinced on immigration, Romney was heartlessly tough on illegals, commies like Bill deBlasio, Hillary, Terry McAuliffe and Rahm Emanuel were getting his support.

But if you don't think he has changed.... :shrug:

Wingnut

« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2016, 01:24:41 am »
Comment removed.  This probably isn't the right place for any levity.   **nononono*
What?

You mean there is no fighting in the war room?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2016, 01:55:12 am »
Does not smoke, drink alcohol or use drugs. Father lived to age 93; mother lived to age 88.

Facts are our friends.
He's no Bobby Jindal [29-inch waist], a self-professed "gym rat"!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/obesity-cuts-life-span-dramatically-studies-find/article1009609/
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline WAC

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2016, 04:04:54 am »
There is no difference between the two; they are both lies.
I can't hink of a lie that a politician could tell, whether it is an outright lie or a lie of omission, that would be acceptable.

Well than with that thinking  Corey Tin Boon should not have "Lied" to the Gestapo when she hid the Jewish people she was attempting to save from a dire end.....the midwives who lied to save the children from Pharaoh  which led him to believe a falsehood....Did their their dishonesty displease God? No..in fact he rewarded them rather than rebuked them.......further it's quite possible for a politician to lie but still serve well in their position of office....

So there are times in life where all of us have chosen 'to oppose the effects of evil by concealing the truth' from wicked men.
Politicians are just men as we are.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2016, 04:16:48 am »
Well than with that thinking  Corey Tin Boon should not have "Lied" to the Gestapo when she hid the Jewish people she was attempting to save from a dire end.....the midwives who lied to save the children from Pharaoh  which led him to believe a falsehood....Did their their dishonesty displease God? No..in fact he rewarded them rather than rebuked them.......further it's quite possible for a politician to lie but still serve well in their position of office....

So there are times in life where all of us have chosen 'to oppose the effects of evil by concealing the truth' from wicked men.
Politicians are just men as we are.

You're really comparing politicians' lies in order to get votes to those other examples of lying?  And you're suggesting that Trump needs to lie about himself in order to win because otherwise people would not vote for him?  I guess from here on out I will suspect that anything you say is a lie because you might think it is one of those times that you think you're concealing the truth to oppose the effects of evil.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2016, 04:56:30 am »
He's no Bobby Jindal [29-inch waist], a self-professed "gym rat"!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/obesity-cuts-life-span-dramatically-studies-find/article1009609/

You think you are proving something by citing a smaller, younger man to refute the points I made?

The lifetime of a parent, is a strong indicator for their children. Not smoking or drinking is a sign he cares for his health.

Many of you are so totally obsessed with finding fault, that your common sense has departed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WAC

« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2016, 05:03:54 am »
@WAC
Yes, those old interviews really highlight mental degradation over time
Trump is obviously a topic that concerns you ....but then I do consider we all have to work through disappointment in elections....I assure you that yours too shall pass and one day you too will again have a candidate you can support.......

Offline WAC

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2016, 05:20:55 am »
But if you don't think he has changed.... :shrug:

Did you listen to the video?...had you done so you would have to agree he 'said' many of the same things now he did then.....but of course that does not mean he hasn't changed 'his views' .....we all do as facts, circumstances and the like form our opinions over the years.

I think Trump wants to do the right things for this country but he will not please all the people including those supporting him....no President has.  But what I see as a stumbling block for Trump is he has to rely on other people in the political terrain he's on, (many he doesn't really know),.. to give him the right information.... Unfortunately that makes him vulnerable to be misled.

Also he's about to enter the general election where he has to appeal to a wide audience for votes, a tricky balance for even seasoned politicians to pull off..and at the same time maintain his base. So he' going to definately "lean" in other directions....

Offline WAC

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2016, 05:57:07 am »
Many of you are so totally obsessed with finding fault, that your common sense has departed.

Well in a way that would happen to some who are still contending with their loss in such a difficult election.... It was brutally hard for me to 'work through' when Cruz didn't make it...and moreso what in the world happened.....lots of questions about God, my country the election and the voters I had to find answers for myself.........Some aren't going to make that effort....

This election truly is one that will have 'far' reaching results that we may never gain ground from if the Clinton Machinery picks up where the Obama Machinery will leave off.....and Hillary and Bill will create far more havoc and unrest then Obama dreamed of...and she's promised that by saying she will do more than Obama did using Executive Privledge...... the look on her face when she said it was as a woman who would pay back everyone she felt the world had done against her throughout her life....including us.

Remember Hillary's very angry still that Obama won the election...moreso all the politicians that didn't get behind her.....and the public, that she hates anyway, who got in the way of her greatest lifelong ambition...to rule this country... and one she full heartedly believes she has "the right " to.  Her comments that she "deserves it" should not be taken lightly.

IMO this woman is full of anger and hatred to all those who stood in her way when Obama won, and then he won 4 more years.  Everybody let her down as the shoe-in she thought she had........and now she's having difficulty getting a lead on such a man as Trump???? She'll be going after blood this time around...in the election and thereafter.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2016, 06:39:22 am »
The topic is possible VP choice Lt General Michael T Flynn, and his political views are very much the topic of this thread

Indeed it is. I just spent a few minutes watching some video of interviews he's given. The man is a moron. He's gifted at talking and saying absolutely nothing. But in response to his particular stance on abortion I think it's telling that last year he gave an interview with RT and he said that the old 20th century paradigm of West vs. East no longer applies. That because of population growth we find ourselves in a North vs. South orientation.

Addendum: In a similar interview with Al Jazeera his great geostrategic idea is to change the 'economic model' of the Middle East. When you couple that with the population argument it leads to only one direction. Increased birth control and abortion in the Middle East to reduce the birth rate and establish the nuclear family concept as a prerequisite for economic growth. In light of that I make the connection that he's in favor of depopulation Bill Gates style.

This is an evil man and I sure as s*** wont' have anything to do with him or Trump for that matter.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:56:50 am by The Jackal »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2016, 10:26:14 am »
HYPOCRITES!

Laura Bush For Gay Marriage & Pro-Choice!

I didn't vote for Laura Bush.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »
I didn't vote for Laura Bush.

HAPPY apparently did, since he brings her up all the time, as though her opinion is relevant.

Maybe he has a crush on her???   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.