Author Topic: 'Black lives matter' chant hits New Orleans over cop shooting  (Read 724 times)

rangerrebew

'Black lives matter' chant hits New Orleans over cop shooting
Posted By Cheryl Chumley On 07/06/2016 @ 7:13 am In Front Page,Politics,U.S. | No Comments

Protesters in New Orleans, many of whom were chanting “black lives matter,” took to the streets of New Orleans to rally against a police fatal shooting of a black man, Alton Sterling, 37, during a struggle outside a Baton Rouge store.

Sterling, who had a substantial criminal record – including incarceration for drugs and weapon charges – was selling music in the streets by the store when police received a call from an anonymous individual that he had a gun, the New York Daily News reported. Police responded to the scene, and after an encounter and struggle, shot and killed him.

Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/black-lives-matter-chant-hits-new-orleans-over-cop-shooting/

READ MORE

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: 'Black lives matter' chant hits New Orleans over cop shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 01:33:30 pm »
I saw this video and have to say it does look bad for the cops, however, I have long failed to sympathize with any of these idiot protesters, and certainly not BLM.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 04:12:46 pm »
I saw this video and have to say it does look bad for the cops, however, I have long failed to sympathize with any of these idiot protesters, and certainly not BLM.
Not to say cops aren't too quick on the trigger at times, but there are so many  instances daily of cops confronting black thugs, sometimes a cop will be a little too hasty.
Colin Flaherty has a video of cops being shot by blacks who had been stopped for ordinary traffic infractions.  The sad fact is blacks are far more likely than other demographics to resist arrest and/or assault the arresting policeman. Obviously, the police know this. We'll see how this thing shakes out.

Offline WAC

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:08:45 am »

The 911 caller made it very clear the guy was threatening people with a gun when they called for the police to get there......so they were going into a situation where a man was not only armed but threatened to use it......

IMO I really have no concern if they shot him when where or how.....you don't pull a gun and threaten people and somehow think they aren't going to shoot if you resist......

Offline WAC

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 05:14:45 am »
Not to say cops aren't too quick on the trigger at times, but there are so many  instances daily of cops confronting black thugs, sometimes a cop will be a little too hasty.
Colin Flaherty has a video of cops being shot by blacks who had been stopped for ordinary traffic infractions.  The sad fact is blacks are far more likely than other demographics to resist arrest and/or assault the arresting policeman. Obviously, the police know this. We'll see how this thing shakes out.

That's exactly right..........my Uncle was head of Juvenal In Buffalo NY.....he often said that the black community IS armed because they have so much violence among themselves. And that they will generally resist police as it's a "badge" within the community for doing so.
Much of it's a culture thing i believe....they 'depend' on the police and ambulances like kids depend on their parents when they fight each other and it gets out of hand ...it's a cycle that goes round and round.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 05:48:33 am »
The 911 caller made it very clear the guy was threatening people with a gun when they called for the police to get there......so they were going into a situation where a man was not only armed but threatened to use it......

IMO I really have no concern if they shot him when where or how.....you don't pull a gun and threaten people and somehow think they aren't going to shoot if you resist......

The cop may be in the wrong in many of these incidents. But it needs to be settled in a court of law, not some morons in the streets.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:32:51 am »
Isn't it funny how something like this hits the news right when Hillary Clinton gets in trouble?  :whistle:

"Quick! Look! George Zimmerman!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 01:18:36 pm »
This incidence was the first thing on the "local" news this morning (we live about one thousand miles away).  I made some comment about the dead victim having  a long criminal record. My wife then said I should see the video before making pronouncements.
So I looked at the video. I saw some person grappling on the ground with the cops and then getting shot. 
What you don't do when the cops stop you is get into a fight with them. You might get shot.
The wife said they should have tried to taze him first. They did try to taze him. It didn't deter him. He insisted on fighting with the cops, and now he's dead. A person with a long rap sheet  threatening people with a gun, fighting with the cops when questioned, and now he's dead. Good riddance.
I mean seriously, if this were  a white person, would you be upset? I wouldn't. 
The lesson is pretty clear.  Don't fight with cops...you might get shot.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 01:32:55 pm »
Blue Lives Matter:

Alton Sterling Criminal History: Violent Felon and Alleged Gang Member
By Officer Blue On July 6, 2016
Details are slowly leaking out about the Alton Sterling officer involved shooting. Alton Sterling apparently had a criminal history that included carnal knowledge of a juvenile, aggravated battery, and illegal firearm possession. Clearly, he was not somebody who could legally possess a firearm at the time of the shooting. Internet detectives have uncovered information that Alton Sterling was actually a bloods gang member, but we have been unable to confirm the accuracy of that information at this time. ...

Self-proclaimed internet experts are claiming that the gun in Sterling’s pocket is evidence that he was unjustly murdered. Sterling wasn’t pointing the gun at the officers after all. There’s also claims that, if there’s no gunshot residue on Sterling’s hands then it had to be unjustified, because he clearly hadn’t shot at the officers, right? You can even see this attitude displayed in comments on our own website in our coverage of the Alton Sterling shooting.

The fact is, once you let somebody point a gun at you, or shoot at you, then it’s often too late. Police officers do not, and should not, have to wait until after somebody has attempted to murder them before they can act. Police officers have a right, and a duty, to stop the attempted murder before it is completed. Had officers waited until Sterling had a gun pointed at them, then there would have been no way for them to stop him from shooting.

First you have to consider reaction times. There is a reactionary delay from the time that a police officer can recognize that a gun is pointed at them, to the time it takes them to pull the trigger on their gun. This almost guarantees that the suspect would be able to get their shot off first. Then you have to consider that unless somebody is instantly killed by a bullet to the brain, being shot doesn’t immediately stop somebody. Real-life isn’t Hollywood, and people don’t just instantly fall over dead when they get hit by a bullet. Until somebody’s blood pressure drops low enough, they are still in the fight.  ...
More, including video, at link.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 01:35:09 pm »

But....there was no "intent" to kill to use FBI standards.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 01:35:39 pm »
Of course, all we're seeing on the TV news are photos of a cheery, smiling, amiable-looking young man.
Here’s Alton Sterling, the guy they’re making a cause celebre out of.

9/09/96 aggravated battery
    10/31/97 2nd degree battery
    1/06/98 simple battery
    5/04/00 public intimidation
    9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
    9/04/01 domestic violence
    5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
    7/11/05 receiving stolen things
    9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
    3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
    4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
    4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
    6/03/09  resisting an officer, drug possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs,       sound reproduct without consent
    10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, marijuana possession
    8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
    4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
His arrest record.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 04:16:43 pm »
Of course, all we're seeing on the TV news are photos of a cheery, smiling, amiable-looking young man.His arrest record.
Sounds like the guy was asking to have his life cut short. Maybe he got his wish.

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 08:15:13 pm »
BREAKING: #AltonSterling Was Child Raping Dead Beat Dad Who Owed $25,000+ in Child Support, Not Good “Father of Five”

July 6, 2016 by Charles C. Johnson 66 Comments

Yet another narrative exploded… No, Alton Sterling wasn’t a good dad at all.

One of the lies currently being peddled about pedophile gang banger Alton Sterling is that he was a good father.

In fact Sterling was a dead beat dad who owned over $25,000 in child support, according to court records from the state of Louisiana.

http://gotnews.com/blackliesmatter-altonsterling-dead-beat-dad-not-father/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:16:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 11:22:47 pm »
BREAKING: #AltonSterling Was Child Raping Dead Beat Dad Who Owed $25,000+ in Child Support, Not Good “Father of Five”

July 6, 2016 by Charles C. Johnson 66 Comments

Yet another narrative exploded… No, Alton Sterling wasn’t a good dad at all.

One of the lies currently being peddled about pedophile gang banger Alton Sterling is that he was a good father.

In fact Sterling was a dead beat dad who owned over $25,000 in child support, according to court records from the state of Louisiana.

http://gotnews.com/blackliesmatter-altonsterling-dead-beat-dad-not-father/

READ MORE
I looked at his rap sheet that was posted on another thread. All I can say is....GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!