Author Topic: Avengers Assemble: Alice Stewart Pitches Ted Cruz as Donald Trump’s Vice President  (Read 389 times)

Offline bilo

Avengers Assemble: Alice Stewart Pitches Ted Cruz as Donald Trump’s Vice President

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/04/avengers-assemble-alice-stewart-pitches-ted-cruz-donald-trumps-vice-president/

But as to  who would be best for Trump in a general election against presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton, Stewart pushed her old boss Cruz for the job.

“I think Ted Cruz has tremendous momentum,” Stewart said next. “Needless to say, I think there’s some water that needs to be mended in between the two candidates. But that would be my pick.”
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:25:49 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I can't imagine this ever happening, but then again I never thought that a man of such low character as Trump would win the nomination.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:27:17 pm by mystery-ak »

geronl

It won't help scumbag Trump and would end Ted's career and reputation.

Offline bilo

That's what I think as well. However, the idea was bought up by one of Sen Cruz's former staffers. Trump has to see he's on a sinking ship the same way McCain was. McCain brought in Palin and got a huge bump from it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No it wouldn't help, and I don't think Cruz would ever go back on his statement that he wasn't interested in the VP slot. The only thing that would make such an announcement palatable would be all the exploding heads of the sTrumpettes! If you ever saw the movie The kingsmen, I imagine it would be exactly like the scene where all of the implants are activated, it would be highly entertaining.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Breitbart clickbait. Nothing more.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No it wouldn't help, and I don't think Cruz would ever go back on his statement that he wasn't interested in the VP slot. The only thing that would make such an announcement palatable would be all the exploding heads of the sTrumpettes! If you ever saw the movie The kingsmen, I imagine it would be exactly like the scene where all of the implants are activated, it would be highly entertaining.

Never saw The Kingsmen but the image of all the trump zombies heads exploding sounds like fun.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

Why would a staunch Conservative like Ted Cruz run on the same ticket with a Big Government liberal like Trump?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LadyLiberty

I can't imagine Cruz as Trump's VP.  He would constantly have to explain to Trump why he can't do things certain ways and what his constitutional limitations are.  On the job training.  It would be terribly frustrating