Author Topic: Donald Trump and Possible VP Pick Indiana Gov. Pence Meet at Golf Club  (Read 736 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Donald Trump and Possible VP Pick Indiana Gov. Pence Meet at Golf Club

With the contest for naming vice presidential candidates heating up, "http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm" met over the weekend with Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, two sources tell ABC.
The presumptive GOP nominee and Pence met with their spouses on Saturday at the Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey, according to two GOP sources.
Pence's associates have been told he's under consideration for the number two spot on the Republican ticket, a GOP source tells ABC.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-republican-national-convention-speaking-slots-totally/story?id=40298761

Seems very Conservative although I know nothing about him. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Mike_Pence

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:16:22 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

Come and kiss the ring of the Orange Godfather....

Offline thatcher

Pence is unfailingly polite...

But sources say Pence — who loathes Trump, according to longtime friends who have spoken with the governor about the GOP front-runner— nonetheless has deep concerns about wading into the presidential race amid his own fight for re-election.

Don't want to sully the thread...search will yield the link.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:43:57 pm by thatcher »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Pence is unfailingly polite...

Don't want to sully the thread...search will yield the link.

Yes, I see.  Pence endorsed Cruz originally.  His positions are very Conservative.  I would say even impressive.  If we could only have a governor like him.  But still will the VP make Trump electable?  I wouldn't say it would do it for me.  Ultimately Trump would be President and I think Pence would have little influence on Trump.  He certainly could not go around doing clean up.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

Even the Gopher's at a Trump Golf Course would not run as VP with that Sonofabitch.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Run Mike, Run!!!

...as far away from Roman P. Trump as possible.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Chosen Daughter

Run Mike, Run!!!

...as far away from Roman P. Trump as possible.

I could see Christie or Gingrich.  I don't see anything in those two.  Why would a Conservative want to risk their career?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I could see Christie or Gingrich.  I don't see anything in those two.  Why would a Conservative want to risk their career?

It would be political suicide. Guaranteed.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline bolobaby

Trump counted the golf course visit as a charitable contribution.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

Yes, I see.  Pence endorsed Cruz originally.  His positions are very Conservative.  I would say even impressive.  If we could only have a governor like him.  But still will the VP make Trump electable?  I wouldn't say it would do it for me.  Ultimately Trump would be President and I think Pence would have little influence on Trump.  He certainly could not go around doing clean up.

Trumps choice for VP will not affect my opinion of Trump

Silver Pines

Even the Gopher's at a Trump Golf Course would not run as VP with that Sonofabitch.

Gopher 2016!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Come and kiss the ring of the Orange Godfather....

The landscape under the bus is littered with people who kissed that ring and were corrupted and then discarded.

Don't go there, Pence.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

Trumps choice for VP will not affect my opinion of Trump

Nor mine.

When the root of the tree is rotten, any one hanging on to its branches will eventually fall.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

Gopher 2016!

The Rodent Ticket 2016
A Fat Cat and a Tree Rat.

Silver Pines

The Rodent Ticket 2016
A Fat Cat and a Tree Rat.

Yeah, we're screwed, all right...