Author Topic: Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash  (Read 10243 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2016, 01:33:35 am »
@Salem Poor

I do remember that.  Up until then, I was unaware of that faction among Trump's supporters.

The death of Elie Wiesel has the children of the Don all stirred up tonight

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2016, 01:34:28 am »
Just.Wow.  **nononono*

Yes, and it's far from a rare occurrence.

To be clear, I don't think Trump is a neo-Nazi.  I'm not implying that.  But if Ted Cruz had been the one to attract them, and in such a fervent way, I would have given him the side-eye and wondered why.

There are plenty of reasons I won't support Trump.  One of them is that I won't align myself with neo-Nazis.

Silver Pines

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2016, 01:35:24 am »
The death of Elie Wiesel has the children of the Don all stirred up tonight

Must be difficult for them to see the outpouring of respect.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2016, 01:41:34 am »
There are plenty of reasons I won't support Trump.  One of them is that I won't align myself with neo-Nazis.

You remember how clearly Ted Cruz denounced the group of antisemites when he spoke to them a year or so back.

No weaseling or equivocation just a simple "If you will not stand with Israel I will not stand with you".

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2016, 01:43:36 am »
Since you know Trump has Jews in his family and are still pushing this Liberal meme of antisemitism can we assume there is nothing rational to discuss on this Ludicrous Trump-bashing thread?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2016, 01:49:33 am »
Since you know Trump has Jews in his family and are still pushing this Liberal meme of antisemitism can we assume there is nothing rational to discuss on this Ludicrous Trump-bashing thread?
It's not that he himself is an antisemite. It is that he is deliberately appealing to antisemites with thinly veiled graphics like this. As long as they ignore his ties to the "Jewry" they so hate, it will probably work.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Axel

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2016, 01:57:16 am »
It's not that he himself is an antisemite. It is that he is deliberately appealing to antisemites with thinly veiled graphics like this. As long as they ignore his ties to the "Jewry" they so hate, it will probably work.

What is the message this graphic sends the anti semites? How does that relate to Hillary?
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2016, 02:17:11 am »
What is the message this graphic sends the anti semites? How does that relate to Hillary?
That Hillary supposedly represents the "Jewry" and the global conspiracy that acts above the law. (Side note: this is not the way I see it)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2016, 03:03:13 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286360-trump-deletes-tweet-using-star-of-david-after-backlash

July 02, 2016, 10:44 am
Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash

By Paulina Firozi

Donald Trump on Saturday tweeted an image accusing Hillary Clinton of being "corrupt" with a six-pointed star, before deleting it hours later after a loud chorus of backlash.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee’s image showd the words “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” on a red six-pointed star that many have pointed out resembles the Star of David, a symbol that appears on the Israeli flag and is commonly associated with Judaism.

The star was superimposed over an image of $100 bills and an image of Clinton often used by her campaign that reads “History made.”

Two hours after the initial post, Trump tweeted a different version of the same image, this time with a circle under the words "Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!" instead of the star.

Shortly after the second tweet, Trump deleted the original.

continued

Oh, the horror.
 Is this supposed to be significant?
 Is this really all you have?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2016, 03:18:31 am »
Oh, the horror.
 Is this supposed to be twsignificant?
 Is this really all you have?

If it's no big deal, why did Trump take down his star of David?  Apparently he thought it was significant.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2016, 03:33:39 am »
If it's no big deal, why did Trump take down his star of David?  Apparently he thought it was significant.

Being that Trump is known for his anti-Semitic followers you would think that he would be careful.  I don't believe that it was a mistake.  Trump having a Jewish Son in Law and daughter would assure that he is well aware of the Star of David.  Trump makes many major mistakes.  Is this how he will lead?  The difficulty comes when he is president and says something offensive he will not be able to remove it and claim ignorance.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2016, 04:08:10 am »
I'm NeverTrump but I'll give him a pass on this one. He's not smart enough to know what a Star of David is in spite of being a New Yorker...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:16:46 am by montanajoe »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2016, 04:24:23 am »
I'm NeverTrump but I'll give him a pass on this one. He's not smart enough to know what a. Star of David is inspite of being a New Yorker...

I don't know which is worse knowing or not being smart enough to know?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2016, 04:31:43 am »

Star of David... piles of moola... bought politicians.

That's the stereotypical trope of barking-mad anti-semites worldwide.  IE: the Jews use money to buy politicians so to control the world.

Then you get into the fetid swamp of the Rothschilds, Israel, and the ZOG (Zionist Occupied Government) in Washington.

HonestJohn

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2016, 04:33:12 am »
I'm NeverTrump but I'll give him a pass on this one. He's not smart enough to know what a. Star of David is inspite of being a New Yorker...

I highly doubt he doesn't know what a star of David is.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2016, 04:43:26 am »
Since you know Trump has Jews in his family .  .  .

So did Adolf Hitler.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2016, 04:48:14 am »
How odd.  Trump never deleted any offensive anti-Cruz tweets.  Yet he deletes an offensive anti-Hillary tweet.  Go figure.

Its only offensive in leftist minds.

If it's only offensive in leftist minds, then why did Trump delete it?  Does this mean Trump is a leftist?  Apparently so.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2016, 04:51:22 am »
The six-sided star has more room for the text overlay than the five-sided one, a possible reason for using it in this instance.  :shrug:

Maybe so, but it sure got someones attention in the Trump camp when people started taking notice, of the context it was being used.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DB

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2016, 05:28:11 am »
@Salem Poor

I do remember that.  Up until then, I was unaware of that faction among Trump's supporters.

Read some of this thread, particularly 'IChing': http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3443894/posts

Try clicking on his link on his reply #49 - and the comments on that link.

Alt-right is now allowed to stand on FR. Very disturbing. And yes, they love Trump.

Offline Ginger Republic

• HRH Archduchess Tamar de Bruce the Red, Guardian of Nirvana
  • Formerly known as Tamar1973
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2016, 06:09:05 am »
Hitler went long periods without mentioning the Jews because unlike Trump, he actually did have a filter. When Hitler wasn't mentioning the Jews by name he used the more generic "Bankers".

That's really sad that Hitler had a better filter between his brain, heart and mouth than Trump and yet a plurality of so-called Conservatives actually want The Orange One as POTUS.
2016 shows that most so-called conservatives & liberals want a tyrant, not a leader; Americans want a monarchy, not a republic.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones but you still have to choose."The 12th Dr. Who

Offline Ginger Republic

• HRH Archduchess Tamar de Bruce the Red, Guardian of Nirvana
  • Formerly known as Tamar1973
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2016, 06:18:16 am »
Being that Trump is known for his anti-Semitic followers you would think that he would be careful.  I don't believe that it was a mistake.  Trump having a Jewish Son in Law and daughter would assure that he is well aware of the Star of David.  Trump makes many major mistakes.  Is this how he will lead?  The difficulty comes when he is president and says something offensive he will not be able to remove it and claim ignorance.

One small blessing if The Orange One becomes POTUS: He will have to turn over control of his Twitter account to someone with a higher EQ/IQ or give it up altogether.
2016 shows that most so-called conservatives & liberals want a tyrant, not a leader; Americans want a monarchy, not a republic.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones but you still have to choose."The 12th Dr. Who

Offline Nickname

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2016, 10:51:47 am »
Why would Trump delete it? I thought he was going to vanquish the forces of political correctness.

So much for Mr. Tough Guy.

Oceander

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2016, 11:14:35 am »
One small blessing if The Orange One becomes POTUS: He will have to turn over control of his Twitter account to someone with a higher EQ/IQ or give it up altogether.

Sort of the way Clinton turned her email accounts over?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2016, 11:18:50 am »
Sort of the way Clinton turned her email accounts over?

No fear, Trump is held to the same high standards by his followers as Clinton is by hers. :shrug:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2016, 11:20:41 am »
The tragedy of tRump on the very day Elie Weisel dies.
Sadly, not only were no lessons learned but we have a president who does all in his power to instill hatred of Israel and it's citizens and we have two presidential candidates who will continue to divide us from each other.