Author Topic: Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash  (Read 10245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash
« on: July 02, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286360-trump-deletes-tweet-using-star-of-david-after-backlash

July 02, 2016, 10:44 am
Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash

By Paulina Firozi

Donald Trump on Saturday tweeted an image accusing Hillary Clinton of being "corrupt" with a six-pointed star, before deleting it hours later after a loud chorus of backlash.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee’s image showd the words “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” on a red six-pointed star that many have pointed out resembles the Star of David, a symbol that appears on the Israeli flag and is commonly associated with Judaism.

The star was superimposed over an image of $100 bills and an image of Clinton often used by her campaign that reads “History made.”

Two hours after the initial post, Trump tweeted a different version of the same image, this time with a circle under the words "Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!" instead of the star.

Shortly after the second tweet, Trump deleted the original.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump deletes tweet using Star of David after backlash
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:51:56 pm »
But he marched in a parade once so it is OK.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »
wow

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 06:03:56 pm »
Those who bless Israel are blessed.  Those who curse Israel are cursed.  This is no accident it is time for Christians to realize the fascism of Donald Trump.  If anyone thinks the Star of David was placed without knowledge they are  ****sheep****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 06:17:15 pm »
Dog whistle?

My dog don't whistle.... his farts sound a little like one though

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »
Those who bless Israel are blessed.  Those who curse Israel are cursed.  This is no accident it is time for Christians to realize the fascism of Donald Trump.  If anyone thinks the Star of David was placed without knowledge they are  ****sheep****

Make America WASP again!!!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 06:29:52 pm »
Or sometimes, perhaps a star is just a star.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 06:32:02 pm »
Make America WASP again!!!

Well I was speaking directly about Christians who need to be sensitive to the Spirit and realize that the warnings are there. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 07:04:16 pm »
Dog whistle?

Ya think?

Considering the roots of his base, I'm surprised he didn't pull this earlier.  After all, he enjoyed David Duke's love...  and will be enjoying a neo-Nazi group's 'protection' at the convention.

And every time you get a demagogue scapegoating entire peoples (Mexican and Muslim in the case of Trump), you will eventually see them turn on the Jews.  It's just a matter of time.

---

I'm wondering how long it'll take before this is incorporated into our resident Trump supporter arguments.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:14:41 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »

No. 

The typical star thought of by Americans is the 5-pointed star.  The one on our flag and on our medals and on our military equipment.  To pick the 6-pointed star is to consciously choose a non-standard variant.

As proof, type in "star" into Google and click on images.  You've got to go quite a ways down before you see a star of David.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 07:40:53 pm »
The six-sided star has more room for the text overlay than the five-sided one, a possible reason for using it in this instance.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 07:45:11 pm »
Sometimes a start is just a star but after a while a pattern of behavior indicates a bit more than just a shape.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 07:56:57 pm »

No, not just the star.  The image has an entire meaning.  The money and corruption of her Jewish associates.

And while I don't agree with the politics of any Democrat Trump is going there in a bold fashion.  He is using the same tactics that Hitler used in media tying money to Jews.

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 08:00:49 pm »
The six-sided star has more room for the text overlay than the five-sided one, a possible reason for using it in this instance.  :shrug:

He's also retweeted neo-Nazis in at least four other occassions.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 08:06:14 pm »

Then just use a rectangular banner.  It maybe innocent but if so it shows insensitivity.  Also consider that Trump knew it would cause controversy in the first place...now it feeds the narrative that #nevertrump detractors jumps on the most trivial non-PC behavior.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 08:08:55 pm »
He's also retweeted neo-Nazis in at least four other occassions.

Even though Trump has a Jewish Son in Law he has a problem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1234154/Trump-Repub-Jewish-Coalition-don-t-want-money.html

Democratic or Conservative he has a problem with Jewish money.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 08:17:31 pm »
Democratic or Conservative he has a problem with Jewish money.

Just go to twitter and take a gander at his followers. Many of them have definite issues with Jews and Israel.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 08:20:47 pm »
I understand the notion, but if you're picking stars in your typical drawing software, usually you pick either the five-pointed one or what they call a "starburst" which has 16 or more.

No, picking the six-pointed one is almost always intended to send a message, and it's usually one of two: that the person being depicted is for law-and-order (the "sheriff's badge") or as an anti-Semitic slur.

Given the past attacks on Goldman Sachs (a firm with a visibly Jewish name) it leaves me no doubt what Trump was trying to do.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 08:38:59 pm »
Lets stick to facts shall we.

Here is Trumps position on Israel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d0LOIMmQQ

When the liberal source holds Hilary to the same level of scrutiny and innuendo get back to me.

When the Anti Trumps can articulate how their savaging Trump is not helping Hilary get back to me.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 08:56:59 pm »
Lets stick to facts shall we.

Here is Trumps position on Israel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d0LOIMmQQ

When the liberal source holds Hilary to the same level of scrutiny and innuendo get back to me.

When the Anti Trumps can articulate how their savaging Trump is not helping Hilary get back to me.

And we're talking about Trump's dog whistles to his Jew-hating base.

Get on topic.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 09:01:01 pm »
And we're talking about Trump's dog whistles to his Jew-hating base.

Get on topic.

More like a stab at Hillary's and Cruz's Goldman Sachs owners.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 09:04:28 pm »
More like a stab at Hillary's and Cruz's Goldman Sachs owners.

Trump buys into every Jewish stereotype.  And he uses every Jewish stereotype when it comes to money.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 09:44:04 pm »
Trump buys into every Jewish stereotype.  And he uses every Jewish stereotype when it comes to money.

Hitler went long periods without mentioning the Jews because unlike Trump, he actually did have a filter. When Hitler wasn't mentioning the Jews by name he used the more generic "Bankers".

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 09:57:52 pm »
Sometimes a start is just a star but after a while a pattern of behavior indicates a bit more than just a shape.

I just took a glance around twitter.  Some of Trump's neo-Nazi supporters are in full rage defense mode.