Author Topic: Chris Christie being vetted for Trump VP, sources say  (Read 4302 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Chris Christie being vetted for Trump VP, sources say
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 01:58:23 pm »
Trumps getting desperate for Convention speakers, desperate for a VP, and it appears also desperate for cash.    I have NEVER ever received emails from the Trump camp, until today.   This is what was in my in box. All asking for donations when you click on them.    I would give, seriously Mr. Trump - but you know taking the family to the Mariners game is a far better way to spend my dollars. Sorry Pal. Now un-freaking subscribe me.

I thought he was rich to self fund his campaign
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2016, 02:03:54 pm »
This is your future:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2016, 02:05:02 pm »
Just so everyone understands. There are thirty-four names on Trump's Vice President vetting list and Christie's is one name on the list. Donald Trump is nothing if not thorough, and I'm certain he and his team are examining all possibilities for that very important position. Governor Christie could possibly help the ticket in some of the larger northeastern states--although probably not New Jersey. Besides, Mr. Trump has said he would prefer someone with legislative experience and Christie just can't help with that.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2016, 02:12:12 pm »
This is your future:

I lost respect for Newt in 2012 when he tried pimping amnesty under the guise of giving them a legal status and trying to sell it on the idea that they wouldn't be able to vote. That was treating voters like idiots. The supreme court would have stepped in and declared that they are either illegal without voting rights or they need full citizenship with all rights.

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »
Just so everyone understands. There are thirty-four names on Trump's Vice President vetting list and Christie's is one name on the list. Donald Trump is nothing if not thorough, and I'm certain he and his team are examining all possibilities for that very important position. Governor Christie could possibly help the ticket in some of the larger northeastern states--although probably not New Jersey. Besides, Mr. Trump has said he would prefer someone with legislative experience and Christie just can't help with that.

Yes, Trump is thorough.  That's why he has no ground game in the states, and why, when Priebus gave him a list of two dozen donors to call, he phoned three of them and gave up.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2016, 02:22:44 pm »
I lost respect for Newt in 2012 when he tried pimping amnesty under the guise of giving them a legal status and trying to sell it on the idea that they wouldn't be able to vote.

I lost respect for Noot when he called himself "a Wilsonian progressive" and declared FDR to be the greatest President in US history.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
Just so everyone understands. There are thirty-four names on Trump's Vice President vetting list and Christie's is one name on the list.

My money is on Rick Scott.

Donald Trump is nothing if not thorough

Then he is nothing, because there has been absolutely no sign of thoroughness coming from Donald Trump throughout this entire campaign.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2016, 03:35:30 pm »
Owen Ellickson ‏@onlxn  Jun 29

TRUMP: Tyson passed. We need another convention speaker. Chris?
CHRISTIE: [perks up, adjusts tie]
TRUMP: Get Joey Buttafuoco on the phone

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2016, 03:40:53 pm »
Owen Ellickson ‏@onlxn  Jun 29

TRUMP: Tyson passed. We need another convention speaker. Chris?
CHRISTIE: [perks up, adjusts tie]
TRUMP: Get Joey Buttafuoco on the phone

"Hey! Joey Buttafuoco over here!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6NbI6dSx0&t=0m7s
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:48:22 pm by Bunny Watson »

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2016, 03:44:57 pm »
https://youtu.be/JW6NbI6dSx0?t=7s

Oh for Pete's sake, I can't get the darn thing to embed.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »

A governor has no legislative experience?  Who knew?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2016, 03:47:13 pm »
Oh for Pete's sake, I can't get the darn thing to embed.

Take the s off https.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2016, 03:49:03 pm »
Take the s off https.
Heh, at this point it's no longer funny and I give up. :)

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2016, 03:51:08 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6NbI6dSx0&t=0m7s

Blast from the past!

"Dumb as dip"...sounds like a perfect candidate for this year's GOP fest.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2016, 04:35:36 pm »
That's a pretty disparate pair, if you ask me. One is a conservative who sometimes sucks up to liberals; the other is a liberal who sometimes belches a conservative-sounding noise. It's simply a sign that Trump has no principles.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »
A governor has no legislative experience?  Who knew?

...inside the beltway, legislative experience, like a Newt Gingrich has. I didn't think I needed to spell it out.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2016, 04:58:53 pm »
Two obnoxious liberal yankees?  Yeah that's the trick.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 05:26:53 pm »
Two obnoxious liberal yankees?  Yeah that's the trick.

That's what gets me. How the hell can southerners support this liberal clown? He's said that the confederate flag belongs in a museum and people have been thrown out of his rallies for carrying it. He shrugged off Kim Davis being arrested for not giving marriage licenses to gays etc.

I was pleasantly surprised at the strong showing for Ted Cruz here in Michigan. I thought 3rd or 4th was optimistic  and was amazed at his strong 2nd place finish. Without democrats voting to nominate Trump for Clinton to beat, Cruz might have pulled off a win in Michigan. Today Trump trails Clinton in Michigan by 15 to 25 points in Michigan.

I'm not sure Cruz could have beaten Clinton in Michigan yet but he polled within the margins of her in Wisconsin and could have won there and in Ohio.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 05:30:22 pm »
I know of at least one diehard Trump supporter in my circle of friends who has indicated she might jump ship if it's Christie.

After all, this little stunt was probably the one event that cost the GOP the election:

It goes well with the pics of the Trumps and Clintons together at that wedding.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »
Interesting thread at "Free"Republic:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3445424/posts

Not a lot of responses there, but you can see them twisting themselves into pretzels trying to reconcile the possibility that Trump might go with Christie.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

geronl

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 05:53:36 pm »
you can see them twisting themselves into pretzels

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... pretzels

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 06:11:44 pm »
That's what gets me. How the hell can southerners support this liberal clown? He's said that the confederate flag belongs in a museum and people have been thrown out of his rallies for carrying it. He shrugged off Kim Davis being arrested for not giving marriage licenses to gays etc.

I was pleasantly surprised at the strong showing for Ted Cruz here in Michigan. I thought 3rd or 4th was optimistic  and was amazed at his strong 2nd place finish. Without democrats voting to nominate Trump for Clinton to beat, Cruz might have pulled off a win in Michigan. Today Trump trails Clinton in Michigan by 15 to 25 points in Michigan.

I'm not sure Cruz could have beaten Clinton in Michigan yet but he polled within the margins of her in Wisconsin and could have won there and in Ohio.

My in-laws are born and raised Southerners (Virginia), conservative Christians, and they're smart, successful people---successful resulting from a lifetime of constant hard work.  I would expect them to know better, but they have turned into complete Trumpbots.  Not Trump supporters---Trumpbots.  I love them but they're almost intolerable to be around.  ALL THEY CAN TALK ABOUT is Trump.  He dominates their conversation.  You can lay out the facts about the man, and they'll roll their eyes away and say, "Well, no one's perfect." My brother-in-law has a newfound tendency to blurt out "Go, Trump!" at random,like a crazy person, regardless of what the topic of conversation might be.  My inlaws went to New York, and of course the main attraction was Trump tower.  Recently we were over there, and my father-in-law yelled that Melania was on the TV; my mother-in-law blew by me like the Roadrunner on her way to see.

It's like they fell asleep and the pods took them over.  The first time we experienced this, upon leaving, my husband looked at me and said, "What the hell has happened to my family?"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2016, 06:24:16 pm »
...inside the beltway, legislative experience, like a Newt Gingrich has. I didn't think I needed to spell it out.

Yeah.  Gingrich did so well.  Now he's thrown NAFTA overboard and his decades of Free Trade support in return for being Trump's step-n-fetchit and a few minutes on cable TV.

Two old fat men with six marriages between them.  So much for principles and promises.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Trump campaign vetting Chris Christie for VP: reports
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2016, 06:28:32 pm »
Dollars to doughnuts, this is the ticket.
Brilliant!
Dollars Donuts 2016
More candidate per pound than the leading Brand!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 06:32:29 pm »
Spells GOPe in my book.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour