Author Topic: Why we mustn't support Donald Trump  (Read 32798 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Why we mustn't support Donald Trump
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2016, 06:32:17 pm »
Take on the mark of the surprisingly small orange hand of Saruman or choose the way of pain.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:45:41 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2016, 07:19:24 pm »
Some of us don't like giving power to Saruman any better than Sauron.

Living in a fantasy world. Just as I thought.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2016, 07:30:11 pm »
I suspect that men have sometimes derived more spiritual sustenance from myths they did not believe than from the religion they professed. To be truly Christian we must both assent to the historical fact and also receive the myth (fact though it has become) with the same imaginative embrace which we accord to all myth. The one is hardly more necessary than the other. -C.S. Lewis
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2016, 07:54:20 pm »

Using fictional popular culture to illustrate stark reality drives the point home better than an essay.

Even the Apostle Paul used the pagan gods at the Areopagus in Athens as a launchpad to preach the Gospel.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2016, 08:11:07 pm »

Actually, literate people can appreciate the truth of that parallel.

As has been said above, even the Apostle Paul used what was known in order to help others understand.

Of course, he assume (correctly) that the people he was talking to were literate.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:41 pm »
Using fictional popular culture to illustrate stark reality drives the point home better than an essay.

Even the Apostle Paul used the pagan gods at the Areopagus in Athens as a launchpad to preach the Gospel.

So do people living in their mom's basement.

I'm more into reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2016, 08:29:29 pm »

I'm more into reality.

More and more irrelevant and bizarre as the days go on.

Trumpism really DOES kill brain cells..........

Pick up a book.  Read.  Learn.  It will get your brain functioning again, wolfcreek!  You'll love it!  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »
More and more irrelevant and bizarre as the days go on.

Trumpism really DOES kill brain cells..........

Pick up a book.  Read.  Learn.  It will get your brain functioning again, wolfcreek!  You'll love it!  ^-^

I don't have preconception of Trump being a savior or prince or a magician from a mostly children's set of novels. I just know Hillary would be the worst of all possibilities and the only way to stop her is through Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2016, 08:39:19 pm »
I don't have preconception of Trump being a savior or prince or a magician from a mostly children's set of novels. I just know Hillary would be the worst of all possibilities and the only way to stop her is through Trump.

The second part of your statement is where you're dead wrong.  You can't stop Hillary by nominating her leftist, corrupt buddy as her "opponent."   I'm not sure why you've sealed your eyes and brain to who Trump is, if you're so determined to beat Hillary, but you have.

He is the SAME as she is.  He is not going to BEAT her.  He is going to help her WIN.

They are BOTH evil/

(And if you think the Lord of the Rings Trilogy are "children's novels" you are more ignorant than I even imagined.  They contain intellect and wisdom that it would behoove you to try to understand.  But then again, you like Trump, so intellect and wisdom really aren't on your radar, are they?  Dick and Jane Lie and Cheat and Steal from Old People is more his style......)

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »
The second part of your statement is where you're dead wrong.  You can't stop Hillary by nominating her leftist, corrupt buddy as her "opponent."   I'm not sure why you've sealed your eyes and brain to who Trump is, if you're so determined to beat Hillary, but you have.

He is the SAME as she is.  He is not going to BEAT her.  He is going to help her WIN.

They are BOTH evil/

(And if you think the Lord of the Rings Trilogy are "children's novels" you are more ignorant than I even imagined.  They contain intellect and wisdom that it would behoove you to try to understand.  But then again, you like Trump, so intellect and wisdom really aren't on your radar, are they?  Dick and Jane Lie and Cheat and Steal from Old People is more his style......)

That would be your opinion and you must have done a bit too much acid back in the 60s.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:07 pm »
That would be your opinion and you must have done a bit too much acid back in the 60s.

You're not very good at being insulting, wolfcreek.  Your Trump addiction must have addled your previously keen mind.

Either that, or you're channeling TOS and Mechanicos and their 3rd grade insults.

For the record, though, since you tossed out a Trump-stupid accusation, I've never used an illegal drug in my life, and during the entire decade of the 60's never even consumed an ounce of alcohol.

Your desperation is turning you into an idiot.

(But then again, you might go back to your saying I used to whine on another forum 5-10 years ago.  That was a really effective ad hominem from a sickish mind.  Resurrect it, and it might have some traction this time....   :dx1:)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2016, 09:25:57 pm »

I'm more into reality.

In 'your reality' Apostles preach the Gospel from pagan temples from the basement of their mother's?

Maybe that's it then, even scripture is a fantasy to you.

Would explain a great deal.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2016, 09:36:38 pm »

In 'your reality' Apostles preach the Gospel from pagan temples from the basement of their mother's?

Maybe that's it then, even scripture is a fantasy to you.

Would explain a great deal.

The insults he's throwing out border on the bizarre, don't they??

Trump love does weird things to people.  I hope they don't come back years later and read some of the bilge they're posting now.

They'll be embarrassed, methinks......   **nononono*

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2016, 09:58:19 pm »
The insults he's throwing out border on the bizarre, don't they??

Trump love does weird things to people.  I hope they don't come back years later and read some of the bilge they're posting now.

They'll be embarrassed, methinks......   **nononono*

No, you'll be embarrassed when your Queen is inaugurated realizing it was partially your fault.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:59:22 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2016, 10:10:58 pm »
No, you'll be embarrassed when your Queen is inaugurated realizing it was partially your fault.

So, you've gone from stupid 3rd grade insults to an egregious lie to try to defeat Conservatives with moral standards.

Your desperation is unbecoming, wolfcreek.

You know what you're saying is an outright lie, and yet in your desire to belittle me, you repeat it, knowing that it is sin to do so.

I'm done with you, wolfcreek.

You are a sick puppy, and no words will help you.  Only your own soul-searching.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:19:28 pm by musiclady »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2016, 10:18:15 pm »
The LIE that those of us who oppose LIBERAL TRUMP are for LIBERAL HILLARY will bring you down, wolfcreek.

Sin doesn't go unpunished, and these egregious lies you keep repeating are included in that.  You know exactly what you're doing by repeating things that are so blatantly untrue.

For your own spiritual health, STOP it.

It's because we despise Hillary that we so desperately fought against her ally and friend, Donald Trump.

You KNOW that.  You KNOW what's true.

If you're worried about spiritual health, I'd do my best to make sure Hillary is defeated.

I'll make you a deal. If you stop  your incessant blather about your opinion of Trump, I'll never say you or anyone else is pro-Hillary again.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #316 on: July 11, 2016, 10:21:19 pm »
If you're worried about spiritual health, I'd do my best to make sure Hillary is defeated.

I'll make you a deal. If you stop  your incessant blather about your opinion of Trump, I'll never say you or anyone else is pro-Hillary again.

I changed my last post to something more appropriate for your desperate flailing attempts to make what's wrong right, and what's right wrong.

There is no reasoning with someone who is in love with evil.  There is no rational defense that will turn a liberal like you into a principled conservative, so I'll leave you to your own devices.

You're a sad case, wolfcreek.  I feel sorry for you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #317 on: July 11, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »

btw, there is another blatant lie in this post.

You're really sick.  REALLY sick.

The lies you keep telling don't hurt me, wolfcreek, because everyone here knows I hate Hillary and despise Trump for the same reason.  They are corrupt liberals.

By repeating this lie, you just make yourself look awful.

So I will keep "blathering" about morality and Constitutional principles, and you can keep lying and making yourself look like an abject fool

Lies are very ineffective when the truth is so obvious to anyone with a functioning braincell.

That's pretty much everyone on this forum, except you.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:25:21 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »
They (you know who I mean) sound like leftists trying to shut down the opposition.  For all their false claims that we support Hillary, they sure act exactly like her.  Even worse.  She tolerates criticism better than they do.

I have no doubt that those who prattle on about how Conservatives love Hillary are themselves leftist trolls.

Don't know about this one, but you're right.  Their behavior is identical to Hillary's.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2016, 10:30:44 pm »
If you stop  your incessant blather about your opinion of Trump, I'll never say you or anyone else is pro-Hillary again.

And right there folks, is the Modus Operandi of the Trump Militant: "your opinion must be silenced if you do not praise our prince, you must shut up - or we are going to charge you with whatever demagoguery we can dream up - most of the time by declaring you to be what we, ourselves are".

"Shut up, or be declared a traitor".

These people are no different than the tyrants for Hildabeast.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2016, 10:34:26 pm »
And right there folks, is the Modus Operandi of the Trump Militant: "your opinion must be silenced if you do not praise our prince, you must shut up - or we are going to charge you with whatever demagoguery we can dream up - most of the time by declaring you to be what we, ourselves are".

"Shut up, or be declared a traitor".

These people are no different than the tyrants for Hildabeast.

And some are one and the same.....

But they cannot stop the truth with their threats and bullying.  Truth always wins in the end.

And the truth about Trump is not going to be stopped by any form of tyrant...... especially an impotent internet bully.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2016, 11:03:36 pm »
It is stunning to behold.  You know, I don't care that they are in love with Trump.  It bugs me that they think badgering me into submission and trying to silence me are valid tactics in a constitutional republic.  Trump lost me forever because of his political positions, when you can even tell what they are, his liberal history, and his very evil, dishonest and abusive M.O.   Oh, and his massive ego.  They will never win me over to his side by calling me or my friends names and by lying.

Besides that, his Militants are chomping at the bit over all the punishment that Trump and his spokes imbeciles (Huckabee, Palin) are promising that Trump will dish out to all of those who will not support him.

We are dealing with some very seriously deranged individuals in the midst of a tyrannical mob who care nothing for the very liberties they once paid lip service to.  They want blood.  They want punishment.

That always happens with a mob that wants to make a man their king.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2016, 11:22:37 pm »
It is stunning to behold.  You know, I don't care that they are in love with Trump.  It bugs me that they think badgering me into submission and trying to silence me are valid tactics in a constitutional republic.  Trump lost me forever because of his political positions, when you can even tell what they are, his liberal history, and his very evil, dishonest and abusive M.O.   Oh, and his massive ego.  They will never win me over to his side by calling me or my friends names and by lying.

What bewilders me is that they think that telling blatant lies is going to hurt anyone but themselves.  Who believes that Ted Cruz or Scott Walker supporters like Hillary??  It's so dumb it's almost funny........ except they keep trying it.

As for  the badgering into submission................ who in their right mind thinks that a conservative with values is going to LOSE those values because somebody is threatening us??  Being a Conservative takes a strong will in this liberal world, and in a country that's going off the deep end into leftist oblivion.   We aren't wimps, for heaven's sake.  We're fighting against the trends of an amoral culture and liberalism gone wild.

All I can conclude is that these few here are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.  They just keep trying the same dumb things with no success.

It's just stupid.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2016, 11:26:22 pm »
Besides that, his Militants are chomping at the bit over all the punishment that Trump and his spokes imbeciles (Huckabee, Palin) are promising that Trump will dish out to all of those who will not support him.

We are dealing with some very seriously deranged individuals in the midst of a tyrannical mob who care nothing for the very liberties they once paid lip service to.  They want blood.  They want punishment.

That always happens with a mob that wants to make a man their king.

I do think you're right about some of them being deranged.  After all, they are in love with a tyrant wannabe who smears and destroys anyone in his path.

There seems to be a trend for some of them to channel his evil by using the same Alinsky techniques on people who disagree with them.  Some DO want us punished, and I don't have any more confidence in a Trump presidency than I do in what Obama has done.

He has tried to destroy his enemies........... US.   And Trump will try to do the same thing to his enemy................ US.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2016, 04:18:18 am »
btw, there is another blatant lie in this post.

You're really sick.  REALLY sick.

The lies you keep telling don't hurt me, wolfcreek, because everyone here knows I hate Hillary and despise Trump for the same reason.  They are corrupt liberals.

By repeating this lie, you just make yourself look awful.

So I will keep "blathering" about morality and Constitutional principles, and you can keep lying and making yourself look like an abject fool

Lies are very ineffective when the truth is so obvious to anyone with a functioning braincell.

That's pretty much everyone on this forum, except you.

When are you all going to put a stop to this Shiite?

@mystery-ak @Repub4Trump  @EC @Lando Lincoln @AbaraXas

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald