Author Topic: Why we mustn't support Donald Trump  (Read 32813 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Why we mustn't support Donald Trump
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »
You sound like the biggest bleep ever.

You're projecting again.

But that said - look to your own rabid mob of zealots for my bleeping.  You guys made me an enemy.

I plan on living up to the charge.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »
Did someone threaten to kill you?  :silly:

When did you become part of the paid staff, wolfcreek?

(btw, you're not earning your pay.  You can't convince people to join your way of thinking if all you do is use Alinsky tactics to ridicule those with whom you disagree).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2016, 05:47:05 pm »
Anti-Trump equals for Hillary...like it or not. It's called REALITY.

That's an outright lie.

But then you know that, and keep doing it anyway.

I HATE Hillary.  I DESPISE Hillary.

But I wouldn't vote for a pro-abortion, leftist reprobate like Trump for anything.  And the fact that he's ushering in Hillary makes me despise him even more.  He has LOST this election for Conservatives, and he has done it purposefully.

Now stop lying, please.  NO one is convinced by your regurgitation of false talking points.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »
Actually, it is known as a false dichotomy. Can we stop that silly-assed nonsense before the convention?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2016, 06:27:42 pm »
I will cast my vote with my eyes wide open as to the consequences.   It is the Trump supporters who have willingly subscribed to a fable.  No amount of fear-mongering over Clinton can convince me to vote for someone as dangerous and unfit as Donald Trump.  If that's the choice, give me Hillary and a whole lot of well-aged whiskey. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »
You're projecting again.

But that said - look to your own rabid mob of zealots for my bleeping.  You guys made me an enemy.

I plan on living up to the charge.

I'm projecting?? You think people are out to kill you...over how you vote.

Ludicrous

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2016, 07:54:29 pm »
Actually, it is known as a false dichotomy. Can we stop that silly-assed nonsense before the convention?

You don't think they're not going to tell you the same thing at the convention? You think they're going to say, "continue criticizing Trump and go vote for some obscure third party"?  Sure they are.

They're going to want HILLARY defeated by our nominee.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2016, 07:58:25 pm »
I will cast my vote with my eyes wide open as to the consequences.   It is the Trump supporters who have willingly subscribed to a fable.  No amount of fear-mongering over Clinton can convince me to vote for someone as dangerous and unfit as Donald Trump.  If that's the choice, give me Hillary and a whole lot of well-aged whiskey.

Cause you secretly have a crush.  ^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2016, 08:07:42 pm »
I'm projecting?? You think people are out to kill you...over how you vote.

Ludicrous

No, not ludicrous.  It's what they wrote and "promise".

It's interesting that folks like you were saying the same thing and attributed the claim of 'paranoia' when noting the Trump militant were calling us traitors for refusing to vote for your prince.

"No one is calling you traitors, you are just making that up" we were told….. until Palin made it official Trump public policy last week.

Some of Trump's rabid nut jobs DO want to kill us, over how we vote. 

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2016, 08:45:16 pm »
No, not ludicrous.  It's what they wrote and "promise".

It's interesting that folks like you were saying the same thing and attributed the claim of 'paranoia' when noting the Trump militant were calling us traitors for refusing to vote for your prince.

"No one is calling you traitors, you are just making that up" we were told….. until Palin made it official Trump public policy last week.

Some of Trump's rabid nut jobs DO want to kill us, over how we vote.

Unhinged

That's what is really silly, Smokin Joe

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2016, 12:21:47 am »

You got it all wrong. Your reality is twisted. Anti Trump is because HE can't beat Hillary and we need someone who can, now that she isn't going to jail. Now she can keep getting Trump's money for her campaign.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2016, 03:38:10 am »
Unhinged

That's what is really silly, Smokin Joe
What is really silly is that of 16 candidates, a significant plurality has selected the least qualified and (arguably) least Conservative of the lot, and is threatening and browbeating the majority of Party members, calling them "traitors" and worse for not supporting that charlatan.

That's silly.

Take that farther, and the supporters of that New York Liberal real estate agent seem to get more desperate as they get more vicious in their attempts to get me and others like me to join in their folly.
Trump and his supporters won't gain my agreement with epithets, twisting my words only makes his supporters seem more twisted, every falsehood has undermined what is claimed as an ultimate truth.
But calling me a traitor? That has only crystallized my defiance.

#noteffingevertrump

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
What is really silly is that of 16 candidates, a significant plurality has selected the least qualified and (arguably) least Conservative of the lot, and is threatening and browbeating the majority of Party members, calling them "traitors" and worse for not supporting that charlatan.

That's silly.

Take that farther, and the supporters of that New York Liberal real estate agent seem to get more desperate as they get more vicious in their attempts to get me and others like me to join in their folly.
Trump and his supporters won't gain my agreement with epithets, twisting my words only makes his supporters seem more twisted, every falsehood has undermined what is claimed as an ultimate truth.
But calling me a traitor? That has only crystallized my defiance.

#noteffingevertrump

I already told you it's about the negative (i.e. pro-Hillary) rhetoric, not who you vote for. Stop trying to convince others to help Hillary.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2016, 02:02:39 pm »
Stop bossing other voters around.  You get one vote.  Define it how ever you please.  You do not get to define the terms for the rest of us.  Smokin' Joe is NOT a Hillary supporter.  Trying to paint him as one just makes you a dishonest.

The Trump enforcers like wolfcreek don't care if they're dishonest.  They're on a crusade to bully and browbeat everyone who doesn't agree with them into defying our consciences and doing something we believe to be morally reprehensible.

Honesty isn't part of the plan.  I mean think about it....... they support one of the most dishonest human beings ever to run for political office.  He lies on an almost daily basis, and none of his followers care.

Why should they not follow his example?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #289 on: July 09, 2016, 05:46:23 pm »
Stop bossing other voters around.  You get one vote.  Define it how ever you please.  You do not get to define the terms for the rest of us.  Smokin' Joe is NOT a Hillary supporter.  Trying to paint him as one just makes you a dishonest.

Stop being so dense. Anti-Trump rhetoric helps Hillary.

You vote for whoever you wish. That's your voice.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #290 on: July 09, 2016, 05:47:56 pm »
The Trump enforcers like wolfcreek don't care if they're dishonest.  They're on a crusade to bully and browbeat everyone who doesn't agree with them into defying our consciences and doing something we believe to be morally reprehensible.

Honesty isn't part of the plan.  I mean think about it....... they support one of the most dishonest human beings ever to run for political office.  He lies on an almost daily basis, and none of his followers care.

Why should they not follow his example?

Talk about lying.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »
So, vote for whoever you wish, but praise Trump or be silent.  :shrug:

No.

One of the weaker justifications trotted out for voting for the Orange bleep is "We can hold his feet to the fire." HOW!? If you can't criticise the guy, you ain't going to hold no feet to no damned fire. And don't tell me the spineless nematodes in Congress will. They NEVER have.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »
So, vote for whoever you wish, but praise Trump or be silent.  :shrug:

No.

One of the weaker justifications trotted out for voting for the Orange bleep is "We can hold his feet to the fire." HOW!? If you can't criticise the guy, you ain't going to hold no feet to no damned fire. And don't tell me the spineless nematodes in Congress will. They NEVER have.

How 'bout we wait until Hillary is out of the picture? [can we all agree that's the main goal?]

Critiquing Trump before he's actually governed seems premature.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2016, 06:35:35 pm »
You are obnoxious in your new self appointed speech police role.  I'll add you to my ignore list.

That will certainly add to your denseness.

It's my opinion, I have no enforcement powers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 06:36:33 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2016, 08:24:56 pm »
How 'bout we wait until Hillary is out of the picture? [can we all agree that's the main goal?]

No. The main goal is to promote and advance Conservatism.

Soooo.... You've got to vote for it to see what's inside... Seems I've heard that one before somewhere...  :whistle:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2016, 08:28:16 pm »

Criticising Trump's complete lack of understanding of the limitations on the Presidency does not need to wait until he's actually governing. Be a bit late then, right?

As for waiting until Cankles is out of the picture, how about Trump stops saying stupid shit until that time as well?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #296 on: July 10, 2016, 12:47:38 am »
I already told you it's about the negative (i.e. pro-Hillary) rhetoric, not who you vote for. Stop trying to convince others to help Hillary.
It boils down to this. It's my vote, and I'll use it where and when I damned well please.

Your yapper-dog bitching that my criticisms of the Orange Glorious, which are many and profound, is somehow done in the spirit of helping his opponent(s) is crap. I don't support any New York Liberal running for POTUS, even the ones after skinny younger women, who have hung with that Epstein fellow, who have ripped people off, who attacked Conservatives,  are pro Planned Parenthood, or who have benefited from Donations to the Clinton Foundation. 

NOPE, not EITHER ONE of them.

But I will continue as is my First Amendment Right to gripe about them, their personal lives, the example they set for my children, their policy stances (when those can be ascertained), and why I think they'd be bad for America.

If you think picking on your boy today helps the other one, well, maybe you missed the decades of picking on her. I'm just trying to maintain parity in bitching about New York Liberals running for President, and I have a mite of catching up to do with him. I'll either be all caught up in a month or so, or 6 months, or a few years.

Your boy wants to play poly ticks, he'd better be able to take the heat. Snowflakes need not apply.

As for Her Hindness, well, I have little doubt she has all that and more, and some classified sh*t on him as well. She's had all those DOS connections to root and dig for her, and a virtually bottomless war chest.
I seriously doubt my little ramblings on this forum will cost the Orange Comb over the election or give her the 'big seecrit' that will tip his apple cart, and I won't praise Cankles either.

IMHO, both options suck. My vote will go elsewhere if that's the choice, or maybe I'll just keep it and vote the down ticket, but, once again, in harmony, with feeling: I am not voting for a New York Liberal for President
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:49:30 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2016, 03:18:59 pm »

Some of us don't like giving power to Saruman any better than Sauron.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2016, 05:25:53 pm »
Some of us don't like giving power to Saruman any better than Sauron.

Come on now… everybody KNOWS Sauron is much more evil than Saruman!  It is your DUTY to stop Sauron and vote for Saruman because we cannot survive Sauron, but we can hold Saruman's feet to the fire.

Speak no ill of Saruman!  It only helps Sauron.  And if you do not support Saruman, you are a traitor to middle earth and when the time comes, you will be rounded up for committing treason to the realm!

Saruman is the lesser of two evils and we only have the choice presented to us: Sauron or Saruman - and if you do not vote for Saruman you are helping Sauron and are a traitor.

Nevermind about this Aragorn, Son of Arathorn.  He doesn't stand a chance to be king.  We only have the two choices before us: Sauron or Saruman.  Get on board the Orthanc train and save this Middle Earth or be branded a traitor and Sauron supporter!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2016, 05:48:42 pm »
Come on now… everybody KNOWS Sauron is much more evil than Saruman!  It is your DUTY to stop Sauron and vote for Saruman because we cannot survive Sauron, but we can hold Saruman's feet to the fire.

Speak no ill of Saruman!  It only helps Sauron.  And if you do not support Saruman, you are a traitor to middle earth and when the time comes, you will be rounded up for committing treason to the realm!

Saruman is the lesser of two evils and we only have the choice presented to us: Sauron or Saruman - and if you do not vote for Saruman you are helping Sauron and are a traitor.

Nevermind about this Aragorn, Son of Arathorn.  He doesn't stand a chance to be king.  We only have the two choices before us: Sauron or Saruman.  Get on board the Orthanc train and save this Middle Earth or be branded a traitor and Sauron supporter!

Take on the mark of the surprisingly small orange hand of Saruman or choose the way of pain.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour