Author Topic: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2016, 01:58:49 pm »
Wasn't Tyson a convicted rapist?  Another moral compass for the Trump team.  /s

Maybe the democRATs can get Robin Givins to provide a rebuttal.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2016, 02:03:31 pm »
Mike Tyson is at least Trump's equivalent for linguistic eloquence.
So each convention will have a rapist in attendance (the Democrat nominee's husband being the other)?   :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2016, 02:35:26 pm »
So each convention will have a rapist in attendance (the Democrat nominee's husband being the other)?   :thud:
I've often heard the far right complain that there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two parties.  I never really understood that until Trump.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2016, 03:43:10 pm »
Pat Buchanan,  Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich,  Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity,  Mike Tyson, maybe Putin.

The GOP used to feature national conventions worth watching for at least a few moments of eloquence among the rhetorical pomp and circumstance.

And what do we have to look forward to this year?

• Pat Buchanan, inveighing darkly against the pernicious influence of Israeli agents trying to derail a new America First foreign policy?
  • Ben Carson, rubbing his large hands together while slyly mumbling his admiration of the Don's smaller ones?
  • Newt Gingrich, explaining why as a serial adulterer, he is best suited to testify as to Mr. Trump's qualifications for the job he now seeks? 
  • Sarah Palin, her vocal intonations achieving frequencies that might actually cause celebratory balloons to prematurely pop in the rafters above, telling America how totally awesome it's gonna be to have The Donald as the kind of President who will kick ass and take names, you betcha!
  • Sean Hannity, announcing the next president of the United States in a Noo Yawk accent-less voice that he hopes will make him the next Press Secretary of the United States.
  • Mike Tyson, bulging out of his suit, punching the air and giving a gap-toothed grin, while backstage, Trump's handlers sweatily pray that he doesn't drop a prime-time F- bomb, or else threaten to kill anyone (else). 
And all of this before the Trojan horse's ass himself appears before the faux Doric columns and a giant brass Trump logo in the background, quite possibly accompanied by pole dancers.

I can't wait.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2016, 03:46:47 pm »
Mia Love, the charismatic Utah rep seen by many as the GOP’s future, is skipping Cleveland for a trip to Israel. "I don't see any upsides to it," Love told a reporter on Friday. "I don't see how this benefits the state."

How does a congressional junket to Israel benefit the state?

Where are all those Republican Big Wigs  that endorsed Trump in the primaries.  Are they hiding???? :seeya:

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2016, 06:28:02 pm »
The GOP used to feature national conventions worth watching for at least a few moments of eloquence among the rhetorical pomp and circumstance.

I really had not thought about it until you pointed it out but the convention was made for guys like us.  I'm embarrassed to say it now, but I was pumping my fists in the air when Palin spoke in 2008.  I had multiple politigasms when Kemp spoke in 96. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHC3zV0AGw
I haven't cried that hard since I found out 23 million people are unemployed.

I have watched every GOP convention since 88.  I'm not sure I see a purpose in watching the next one....sad.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2016, 07:50:35 pm »
I really had not thought about it until you pointed it out but the convention was made for guys like us.  I'm embarrassed to say it now, but I was pumping my fists in the air when Palin spoke in 2008.  I had multiple politigasms when Kemp spoke in 96. 

I haven't cried that hard since I found out 23 million people are unemployed.

I have watched every GOP convention since 88.  I'm not sure I see a purpose in watching the next one....sad.

I hear you, Once-ler.   When I think about how hard so many of us worked,  to build a strong intellectual and political foundation for conservatism,  and to see how close we were 18 months ago to attaining the summit - a GOP Congress and President - and to see it all dashed and ruined, just makes me want to cry, or else go off in a corner with a bottle of Wild Turkey.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »
I hear you, Once-ler.   When I think about how hard so many of us worked,  to build a strong intellectual and political foundation for conservatism,  and to see how close we were 18 months ago to attaining the summit - a GOP Congress and President - and to see it all dashed and ruined, just makes me want to cry, or else go off in a corner with a bottle of Wild Turkey.

:beer:My motto is live and learn, but I can't figure out what the lesson is here.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »
:beer: My motto is live and learn, but I can't figure out what the lesson is here.

Me neither. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

HonestJohn

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2016, 10:11:58 pm »
Maybe the democRATs can get Robin Givins to provide a rebuttal.

They probably will, come to think of it.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2016, 12:20:29 am »

And what do we have to look forward to this year?

• Pat Buchanan, inveighing darkly against the pernicious influence of Israeli agents trying to derail a new America First foreign policy?
  • Ben Carson, rubbing his large hands together while slyly mumbling his admiration of the Don's smaller ones?
  • Newt Gingrich, explaining why as a serial adulterer, he is best suited to testify as to Mr. Trump's qualifications for the job he now seeks? 
  • Sarah Palin, her vocal intonations achieving frequencies that might actually cause celebratory balloons to prematurely pop in the rafters above, telling America how totally awesome it's gonna be to have The Donald as the kind of President who will kick ass and take names, you betcha!
  • Sean Hannity, announcing the next president of the United States in a Noo Yawk accent-less voice that he hopes will make him the next Press Secretary of the United States.
  • Mike Tyson, bulging out of his suit, punching the air and giving a gap-toothed grin, while backstage, Trump's handlers sweatily pray that he doesn't drop a prime-time F- bomb, or else threaten to kill anyone (else). 
And all of this before the Trojan horse's ass himself appears before the faux Doric columns and a giant brass Trump logo in the background, quite possibly accompanied by pole dancers.

I can't wait.
The mob has basically hijacked the Republican Party, and Donald Trump-Capone is now in charge. Nobody has any idea of what he will say or how the crowd will react to his ignorant utterances. Sloganeering and name-calling only goes so far. 
I'll bet many of the regular attendees will be holding their breaths hoping he doesn't say too many stupid things. It'll either resemble a barroom fight scene or a mausoleum.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2016, 12:25:14 am »
A conservative migration to the U.S. Constitution Party might be the best way to accomplish that.  It already has an ID, an infrastructure and a conservative platform. All it needs is better organization and a much larger rank and file.

Mostly the latter, but no WishyWashy RINO-like conservatives.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2016, 12:53:28 am »
The mob has basically hijacked the Republican Party, and Donald Trump-Capone is now in charge. Nobody has any idea of what he will say or how the crowd will react to his ignorant utterances. Sloganeering and name-calling only goes so far. 
I'll bet many of the regular attendees will be holding their breaths hoping he doesn't say too many stupid things. It'll either resemble a barroom fight scene or a mausoleum.

I agree that the GOP has been essentially hijacked, too, as though it were a plain but sturdy truck forced off the road by highwaymen, offloaded of its simple, honest and necessary pedestrian goods and packed to the rafters instead with contraband intended to be sold for too high a price to those eager for mind-numbing swigs of the cheap-and-quick.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2016, 09:05:51 am »
:beer:My motto is live and learn, but I can't figure out what the lesson is here.

I think the lesson is to trust no one until they prove themselves/earn it. And call liberalism in our ranks for what it is. If conservatism has a fault, it's in not being a hard ass about this. We collectively have let the 'big tent' mentality cloud judgement on too many occasions.

Like Hamilton said (paraphrased) Better the enemy in his camp than ours.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2016, 09:08:04 am »
I agree that the GOP has been essentially hijacked, too, as though it were a plain but sturdy truck forced off the road by highwaymen, offloaded of its simple, honest and necessary pedestrian goods and packed to the rafters instead with contraband intended to be sold for too high a price to those eager for mind-numbing swigs of the cheap-and-quick.

I think we simply shirked our collective duty and handed it over willingly. see: "It's a lesser evil", "No matter what" etc. for details as to how we lost it all.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2016, 09:13:40 am »

The conservative movement has been hijacked by charlatans for far too long. I have a strong amount of enmity and rage for the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh. Too many idiots on AM radio for too long.

Live by talk radio, die by talk radio. And next November we surely shall die proverbially.