Author Topic: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention  (Read 6630 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 01:30:43 am »
You forgot Palin...
There's also that Stephen Miller guy...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2016, 02:56:13 am »
Things are not looking good for Trump. He appears to be behind in every poll and losing by double digits in a few. And that's with national events basically going in his favor. And an awful candidate like Hillary.
It appears the Republican Party is irrevocably split. If the patrons of TOS are any example, they hate conservative Pubbies as well as old style moderates. Cruz is universally reviled on FR. I can't think of one other big name Pubbie  they like. I would assume there are millions of Pubbies like them who have eschewed conservatism for Trumpism.
So how is it going to be possible to for the new populist/nationalist-minded Pubbies to reconcile with conservative Pubbies? I just can't see it happening.
Trump screwed the future of the Republican Party as a conservative vehicle but good. What comes next, I don't know.
As for the GOP, there is only one remaining option to remain relevant for the future. That is rejecting a Trump and his minority wing of the party and return to conservative roots, without any equivocation or moderation. Absent that, there is no hope for the GOP. It has gone too far left for way too long. If it doesn't reject the move left, then the only option is for conservatives of the GOP to establish a new home.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:05 am »
Mia Love, the charismatic Utah rep seen by many as the GOP’s future, is skipping Cleveland for a trip to Israel. "I don't see any upsides to it," Love told a reporter on Friday. "I don't see how this benefits the state."

How does a congressional junket to Israel benefit the state?
Disassociating yourself from Toxic Trump is a benefit for a politician in Utah.  Trump's going to drag down the whole party.  It's smart not to be seen anywhere near this very bizarre orange roué.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2016, 03:28:13 am »
Mia Love, the charismatic Utah rep seen by many as the GOP’s future, is skipping Cleveland for a trip to Israel. "I don't see any upsides to it," Love told a reporter on Friday. "I don't see how this benefits the state."

Israel, to use a poetic phrase, makes the desert bloom. Utah may not be a desert, but water is not exactly common, either. Makes sense for a pol to see and learn how another state overcomes those limitations, so they can promote and push the same ideas back home.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 03:50:09 am »
Trump screwed the future of the Republican Party as a conservative vehicle but good. What comes next, I don't know.

It might have been best if they'd have let him do his petulant "I'll run as an independent" thing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:26 am »
Pat Buchanan,  Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich,  Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity,  Mike Tyson, maybe Putin.

Caitlyn Jenner, some Playboy bunnies, Triumph he insult dog...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2016, 12:18:09 pm »
Caitlyn Jenner, some Playboy bunnies, Triumph he insult dog...

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2016, 12:40:54 pm »
"We are witnessing history here -  Germany, 1934"

The most appropriate running mate for Trump - "Anyone with an 'I'm with Stupid' tee-shirt"

Gotta hand it to Triumph - that's one funny mutt. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2016, 08:05:38 pm »
The GOP, on the generic ballot poll, is about to lose major party status...

I'm afraid you're right my friend.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »
You forgot Palin...

Ahh yes the woman who is fighting to stay relevant. 

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2016, 11:44:10 pm »
Ahh yes the woman who is fighting to stay relevant.

And losing, for longer than she can remember.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2016, 12:01:39 am »
Hardly anybody wants to speak at Trump's convention

POLITICO reached out to more than 50 prominent Republicans. Few said they plan to attend the convention in Cleveland, let alone speak.

By ALEX ISENSTADT 06/27/16 05:10 AM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/hardly-anybody-wants-to-speak-at-trumps-convention-224815#ixzz4CmuLhfK0
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Trump doesn't need anyone else to speak or do anything else for that matter, how many of us have been told by the priests and priestesses of the Trump religion that he doesn't need us, or anyone that does not worship at his altar to win because he is the great and all knowing all powerful OZ........er sorry, Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2016, 12:46:39 am »
Pat Buchanan,  Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich,  Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity,  Mike Tyson, maybe Putin.
Called it!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 12:57:20 am »
Trump doesn't need anyone else to speak or do anything else for that matter, how many of us have been told by the priests and priestesses of the Trump religion that he doesn't need us, or anyone that does not worship at his altar to win because he is the great and all knowing all powerful OZ........er sorry, Trump.

@GtHawk , Hi!  Must have missed you on the Welcome thread.  Here's a cup or three of coffee, and some donuts!  Welcome to TBR...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline unknown

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 01:49:14 am »
Of course they don't want to join Trump. He isn't one of them.  :tongue2:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 04:00:22 am »
So if Trump doesn't need anyone else, I guess that means he will get a half dozen votes from his family and maybe a half dozen from his looney followers. Now that ought to win an election.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DB

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 04:24:39 am »
Of course they don't want to join Trump. He isn't one of them.  :tongue2:

Politicians are opportunists first looking for self promotion. They'll pretty much jump at any chance to get their face on national TV much less give a speech. When they all get "busy" and aren't available, there's a message there even the blindest ideologue can't ignore. Its a bit like being at a remote watering hole and all the wildlife suddenly vanishes. Ignore the signs at your own peril.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2016, 07:47:13 am »
It appears the Republican Party is irrevocably split.

Yes, but the truth is that is has been for awhile.  The Establishment has made it plain that they wanted to rid the party of Christian Conservatives and TEA Party types.  Mitch McConnell even went so far as to say that we needed to be "punched in the nose" and made to sit down and shut up.  Rules have been adopted to make any kind of 'takeover' by Conservative freshman, an impossibility, while the party welcomed in a gift in the shape of a giant horse's ass from the Clintons that is summarily bringing down what was left of any possible opposition to Her Thighness.  Giving the Ruling Class what it actually wanted in the first place, but not enough to win a general election ever again.

It is not lost on Conservatives that the party not only left us, but loathes us and holds us in contempt while they consider the Democrat Left 'colleagues'.  They handed Obama a dictatorship and passed nearly his entire agenda and did nothing to stop his unConstitutional dictates and overreaches.  They are now part and parcel of the lawless regime that rules us.

There is no possible reconciliation with a party that hates your core and holds you in the kind of contempt that the GOP Establishment does.

If the patrons of TOS are any example, they hate conservative Pubbies as well as old style moderates. Cruz is universally reviled on FR. I can't think of one other big name Pubbie  they like. I would assume there are millions of Pubbies like them who have eschewed conservatism for Trumpism.

I've even read some of their most vocal militants ridiculing any reference to the Constitution itself, espousing the virtues of Trumpism instead as being "what is needed to save the republic".  An absurdity on it's face.

So how is it going to be possible to for the new populist/nationalist-minded Pubbies to reconcile with conservative Pubbies? I just can't see it happening.

No, it's never going to happen because they have declared us traitors and enemies and it is apparent we no longer stand on any common ground whatsoever.

We suffered a velvet coup in 2012, and no one wanted to believe it.  Most still refuse to see it.  What comes next is what happens when all totalitarian dictatorships have co-opted or eliminated their political opposition and have complete control of society.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2016, 08:02:50 am »
We truly need to build a real conservative party. Let the GOP die.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:29 am »

You know...if I think about it, I faintly recall someone....in fact quite a few someones saying exactly that 8 years ago and come to think of it, every day since. Thank God no one listened to us. Why, we would not be in this mess if they had. But of course, they "Knew Better".

Proving once again the unprincipled really know nothing at all.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:07:59 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 11:16:19 am »

It gives a ready alibi for her not attending the convention, thereby she steers clear of the doomed liner Trumptanic.  Her state benefits by her not being defeated in November as a result of being seen in the same 300,000-sq ft venue as Trump.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:17:54 am by ScottinVA »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 12:36:57 pm »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »

A conservative migration to the U.S. Constitution Party might be the best way to accomplish that.  It already has an ID, an infrastructure and a conservative platform. All it needs is better organization and a much larger rank and file.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 01:36:57 pm »

Mike Tyson is at least Trump's equivalent for linguistic eloquence.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 01:54:28 pm »
Mike Tyson is at least Trump's equivalent for linguistic eloquence.

Wasn't Tyson a convicted rapist?  Another moral compass for the Trump team.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.