Author Topic: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'  (Read 11428 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2016, 09:51:10 pm »
Donald Trump - July 2015

you either — and these could be some great people. But you either have laws or you don’t have laws. I would get them back. I would get them back where they are, and I would try and work out a process where they can come in legally. But they’ve got — they have to come in legally, Sean. It’s about laws. It’s about borders. If we don’t have a border, we don’t have a country. So, I’d get them out. And if they were really outstanding — because some of these people have been here for a long period of time. I’d let them back legally, they have to come through a legal system, and I’d make that system much faster, much greater. I want people to come into the country. I love the fact that people come into the country. They have to come in legally. Not only them, other people. We welcome people. I mean, my parents and my grandparents, they came from different parts of the world, too. We all sort of did.”

He continued, “I would expedite it [the process[ because some of these people are fantastic people. I’ve been to the border. I was there a few days ago. I met some people. These are fantastic people, and they have great reputations within their community. So, what I’d do is I’d expedite it. But, you have to have laws. If you don’t have laws, you don’t have a country. I would get them out and try and — the good ones. And the bad ones, they’re gone. They never come back. They’ll never get back into this country. But, the good ones, of which there are many, I want to expedite it so they can come back in legally.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/27/trump-id-expedite-legal-immigration-process-for-good-illegals-after-getting-them-out/

This has been Trump's position for a year now.  Get them all out now, and then expedite the return of the good ones.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2016, 09:53:57 pm »
I will let you do your own work since you are one who wants the info

Here is Romney's position: http://www.cfr.org/united-states/candidates-immigration/p26803
Here is Trump's Position: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

Have at it, let us know what you find.

It is not my own subjective judgment that I am questioning.  It is yours.  So again, show me what was inhumane about Romney's policy, and how is it not inhumane when Trump wants to do the same thing?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2016, 09:54:44 pm »
It was a about what 10 Percent? So no it was not mass as it was over many years.

I read this nonsense and only hope that the lurkers here grasp how willing you are to rewrite the meanings of words to shill for your liberal.

Lurkers, THIS is what a Trump presidency would result in. People like this going full Orwell on the English language. And that's only the beginning of what we can expect as his supporters get crazier and crazier trying to lie about his constantly reversing positions.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2016, 09:55:50 pm »
Donald Trump - July 2015

you either — and these could be some great people. But you either have laws or you don’t have laws. I would get them back. I would get them back where they are, and I would try and work out a process where they can come in legally. But they’ve got — they have to come in legally, Sean. It’s about laws. It’s about borders. If we don’t have a border, we don’t have a country. So, I’d get them out. And if they were really outstanding — because some of these people have been here for a long period of time. I’d let them back legally, they have to come through a legal system, and I’d make that system much faster, much greater. I want people to come into the country. I love the fact that people come into the country. They have to come in legally. Not only them, other people. We welcome people. I mean, my parents and my grandparents, they came from different parts of the world, too. We all sort of did.”

He continued, “I would expedite it [the process[ because some of these people are fantastic people. I’ve been to the border. I was there a few days ago. I met some people. These are fantastic people, and they have great reputations within their community. So, what I’d do is I’d expedite it. But, you have to have laws. If you don’t have laws, you don’t have a country. I would get them out and try and — the good ones. And the bad ones, they’re gone. They never come back. They’ll never get back into this country. But, the good ones, of which there are many, I want to expedite it so they can come back in legally.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/27/trump-id-expedite-legal-immigration-process-for-good-illegals-after-getting-them-out/

This has been Trump's position for a year now.  Get them all out now, and then expedite the return of the good ones.
Congress sets the law of what "legally" means not the Executive. Expedite is not amnesty either its simply faster processing. Seems Anti-Trumps keep adding and changing until they hear what they want to hear.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2016, 10:06:55 pm »
Congress sets the law of what "legally" means not the Executive. Expedite is not amnesty either its simply faster processing. Seems Anti-Trumps keep adding and changing until they hear what they want to hear.

For a year now, Trump has been saying get them all out.  Yet you want to take down the goal posts and replace them with the amnesty goal posts (which Trump supports) in the middle of a deportation discussion.  Let's review Trump's position again, shall we? 

• Laws must be enforced
  • Deport illegals
  • Let good ones come back in

Yet today, Trump says he doesn't want to deport everyone here illegally.  This marks a glaring policy change.  Yet you insist on trying to convince us that Trump never said he wanted the law enforced by deporting everyone here illegally.  Why lie?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2016, 10:11:49 pm »
For a year now, Trump has been saying get them all out.  Yet you want to take down the goal posts and replace them with the amnesty goal posts (which Trump supports) in the middle of a deportation discussion.  Let's review Trump's position again, shall we? 

• Laws must be enforced
  • Deport illegals

So you repeat the lie Trump is for Amnesty. Not going to fly. Legally means legal immigration.

Yet today, Trump says he doesn't want to deport everyone here illegally.  This marks a glaring policy change.  Yet you insist on trying to convince us that Trump never said he wanted the law enforced by deporting everyone here illegally.  Why lie?

Read his position Statement on Immigration, its been out for months. The Article and press played you for a fool claiming its new or a change.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:15:50 pm by Mechanicos »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »
Trump wants to change the law in order to expedite the return of deported illegals, thus legalizing amnesty.  A simple concept which you intentionally obfuscate.

Of course none of that has anything to do with Trump's recent 180° on deportation.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:58 pm »
Trump wants to change the law in order to expedite the return of deported illegals, thus legalizing amnesty.  A simple concept which you intentionally obfuscate.

Of course none of that has anything to do with Trump's recent 180° on deportation.
So the President can change law all on his own now...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:59 pm »
Read his position Statement on Immigration, its been out for months.

I already posted his position from his official campaign website stating that anyone here illegally will have to be deported.  It has been on his website for a year now.  So why lie?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2016, 10:21:37 pm »

• Laws must be enforced
  • Deport illegals

The Trump Militant make Josh Earnest look like an amateur in the Bullpuckey department to shill for their messiah and sculpt him into an image they are attempting to sell.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 10:22:32 pm »
I already posted his position from his official campaign website stating that anyone here illegally will have to be deported.  It has been on his website for a year now.  So why lie?
The issue is the Antis claiming Trump said he would deport 11 million. They will self deport as proven by Alabama and Operation wetback when the immigration laws are enforced, enablers punished and incentives removed. I would assume humanly means to help them self deport with transportation food shelter etc and working with Mexico or wherever to help them integrate where they are going.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »
So the President can change law all on his own now...

I never said he could.  Yet he promised to push it forward.  He pledged to change the rules (i.e. the law) so that deported illegals would not have to go to the back of the line and could instead have their returns back in to the US expedited, thus gaining legal status (i.e. amnesty).

But then none of that has anything to do with his latest 180° turn on deportation policy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2016, 10:24:01 pm »
The issue is the Antis claiming Trump said he would deport 11 million.

Trump through his own website says that the law must be enforced and that anyone here illegally must be deported and then have their status legally changed.  Did Trump lie?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:47 pm »
Here are Trump's words again:

But you either have laws or you don’t have laws. I would get them back. I would get them back where they are, and I would try and work out a process where they can come in legally. But they’ve got — they have to come in legally, Sean. It’s about laws. It’s about borders. If we don’t have a border, we don’t have a country. So, I’d get them out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:26:19 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2016, 10:27:47 pm »
What part of "I'd get them out" do you not get?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2016, 10:28:05 pm »
The Article and press played you for a fool claiming its new or a change.

"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Trump."

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2016, 10:28:29 pm »
I never said he could.  Yet he promised to push it forward.  He pledged to change the rules (i.e. the law) so that deported illegals would not have to go to the back of the line and could instead have their returns back in to the US expedited, thus gaining legal status (i.e. amnesty).

But then none of that has anything to do with his latest 180° turn on deportation policy.
since he has not done any change at all and certainly not lately seems that last argument is bunk. Proven by the published immigration policy statement that has been out for months.

As far as what he can do is allocation of resources changes. an Example I would guess would be like a dedicated section of immigration just for the ones who had deported. Or more staff, etc. Many ways for a manger to speed up slow processes.  Could offer performance bonuses etc.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2016, 10:29:22 pm »

You are correct. If you have ever entered the country illegally or committed fraud, you can't apply for legal entry. There has to be either amnesty or more fraud as they lie on entry applications. At that, touchback amnesty is almost worse because there is a case by case acknowledgement and validation by the government, of the crimes committed, and knowingly overlooking each one so, for example, those people who had their identities stolen by illegal aliens, have no recourse for justice.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:16 pm »
What part of there are historically proven ways to get them out that have worked that do not involve deporting them all by force is escaping you?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:27 pm »
Frankly, I don't give a damn what Trump's immigration policy is.  The part that intrigues me is how willing his followers are to abandon any semblance of reason, integrity, and critical thought in order to defend him.  But then that's what Democrats do best.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2016, 10:32:45 pm »

Not to mention, July 30, 2015 he specifically used the words ALL. I guess some will split hairs and say he didn't say the words 11 million in that statement, but for normal people, all means all. He has been all over the place on this issue to make sure he has quotes to answer any allegation.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politics/donald-trump-immigration-plan-healthcare-flip-flop/index.html

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:35:51 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2016, 10:36:34 pm »
Frankly, I don't give a damn what Trump's immigration policy is.  The part that intrigues me is how willing his followers are to abandon any semblance of reason, integrity, and critical thought in order to defend him.  But then that's what Democrats do best.
Reason? People who will not help us stop Hillary from winning the presidency who then will destroy our borders is not in any way shape or form reasonable. At least we have chance with Trump.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2016, 10:38:47 pm »
Still waiting for an explanation of how self-deportation is "inhumane" when Romney proposes it, but not "inhumane" when Trump 'allegedly' supports it (as claimed by a Trump supporter with zero evidence to back it up).

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2016, 10:39:03 pm »
2 points:
1 Nothing Trump said is new, nor recently changed. 
2. The antis have failed to Prove it was Trump who said he would deport 11 million illegals.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2016, 10:47:04 pm »
Reason? People who will not help us stop Hillary from winning the presidency who then will destroy our borders is not in any way shape or form reasonable. At least we have chance with Trump.

Because I cannot believe a word Donald Trump utters.  He is a pathological liar.  He lies when telling the truth would actually sound better.  He is like the little boy who always lied - who once got caught telling the truth, but lied his way out of it.

The evidence presented in just the short span of this thread show that Trump has been all over the map on immigrations.  So with no basis for truthfully knowing where he really stands, I will assume him to take the Democrat position when elected.

People who will not help us stop Hillary from winning the presidency who then will destroy our borders is not in any way shape or form reasonable.

Anyone who supported Trump in his campaign against Ted Cruz and Conservatism in general has already done more to help Hillary get elected than anything else.  As for Trump, I have already heard him backpedal on deportations, amnesty, and the 2nd Amendment.  At this point, I see no reason to expect him to be any different than Hillary.  Both support higher taxes on the top 1%.  Both support amnesty.  And both believe that people put on government lists (by government) shouldn't be allowed to purchase firearms.  So no, I don't buy into the 'lesser-evil' argument.  When they offer up Barabbas, I ain't buying.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-