Author Topic: Former Bush Treasury secretary: 'I'll be voting for Hillary Clinton'  (Read 2135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/henry-paulson-hillary-clinton-voting-224793

Former Bush Treasury secretary: 'I'll be voting for Hillary Clinton'

By Nolan D. McCaskill

06/24/16 06:07 PM EDT

There goes another one.

Hank Paulson, chairman of the Paulson Institute and a former Treasury secretary in George W. Bush’s administration, will neither vote for Donald Trump in November nor abstain, he wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Washington Post.

“I’ll be voting for Hillary Clinton with the hope that she can bring Americans together to do the things necessary to strengthen our economy, our environment and our place in the world,” Paulson wrote. “To my Republican friends: I know I’m not alone.”

Paulson is the latest George W. Bush administration official to not only reject the Republican Party’s presumptive presidential nominee, but to declare support for Clinton. Former Bush Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage told POLITICO last week he would vote for Clinton.

With Trump as the party’s standard-bearer, “we are witnessing a populist hijacking of one of the United States’ great political parties,” the former Goldman Sachs CEO wrote. “The GOP, in putting Trump at the top of the ticket, is endorsing a brand of populism rooted in ignorance, prejudice, fear and isolationism. This troubles me deeply as a Republican, but it troubles me even more as an American. Enough is enough. It’s time to put country before party and say it together: Never Trump.”
Donald Trump's anti-Hillary Clinton won over some Republicans, but others were just as resolute in their opposition to him.

Trump’s Clinton speech splits the GOP

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Former Bush Treasury secretary: 'I'll be voting for Hillary Clinton'
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 12:48:21 am »
The Dance of the RINO's goes on.

Christine Whitman, Scowcroft, Paulson...what Nor'eastern liberal RINO could be next.

Don't they get that Trump is really just as liberal as Hillary?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 12:58:15 am »
Paulson is no conservative, and I would not be surprised to see him connected to the Clinton Crime Family in some way.

He's probably salivating at the chance of another shot at the US Treasury.  He's certainly no fan of Trump.

:smokin:

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 01:05:28 am »

Christine Whitman, Scowcroft, Paulson...what Nor'eastern liberal RINO could be next.

Don't they get that Trump is really just as liberal as Hillary?

Apparently they don't.  More likely though they're disgusted with his xenophobia, racist hatred, and bald-faced demagoguery.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 01:17:53 am »
Apparently they don't.  More likely though they're disgusted with his xenophobia, racist hatred, and bald-faced demagoguery.

Like yourself, they have clearly bought into the liberal talking points. Your use of them defines you...not as an independent thinker, but as just another drone chanting in the liberal echo chamber.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:18:56 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 01:31:31 am »
He is a globalist crony capitalidst elitist, so not surprising he would join fellow phony conservative  #nevertrump Hillary backers.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 01:34:40 am »
He is a globalist crony capitalidst elitist, so not surprising he would join fellow phony conservative  #nevertrump Hillary backers.

You just keep consoling yourself with that lie, t_s.  Perhaps we should start a petition to have your handle revised to more accurately reflect your posts:  lie_seeker.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 02:29:04 am »
You just keep consoling yourself with that lie, t_s.  Perhaps we should start a petition to have your handle revised to more accurately reflect your posts:  lie_seeker.

Noting that you lack the professionalism, maturity, to simply follow the rules here, about making personal attacks.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 02:37:20 am »
Noting that you lack the professionalism, maturity, to simply follow the rules here, about making personal attacks.
So lying about others is good for you, but when others call you out on it it's a personal attack. Right.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 02:44:53 am »
So lying about others is good for you, but when others call you out on it it's a personal attack. Right.

I don't call anybody liars, leaving that to folks not able to make superior arguments. Are you two giving me the NY double team, of your youthful childish insults, with zero substance?

Any comments on Hank Paulson, by the way? His record sucks. Read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Paulson
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:31:28 am by truth_seeker »

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 03:38:39 am »

All you're missing is:

Just another 1%'er.  #OCCUPY WALLSTREET

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 03:58:17 am »
Just goes to show that the GOP lacks a definitive identity other than the party of McConnell and Trump. No longer the party of Lincoln.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 08:56:30 am »

@truth_seeker

Joined us real-conservatives, too, of course, in becoming #NeverTrump.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 11:59:45 am »
@truth_seeker

Joined us real-conservatives, too, of course, in becoming #NeverTrump.

You do realize you just called #NeverTrump "globalist crony capitalist elitist.... "

But then with such #neverTrump leaders as Romney, Ryan, Bush,  Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO Larry Page and billionaire Facebook investor Sean Parker et. al., it makes sense...

:laughingdog:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline hiram1950

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 03:21:50 pm »
Didn't Paulson get to pick winners and losers in the big meltdown, then take a 7 figure job with one of the winners?

If there was ever a DC corruption icon, this guy belongs in the Pantheon of the Corrupt. Paulson and clinton are charter members of the same club and probably bowl together on the same Thursday Night League team.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 03:29:01 pm »

Actually, I think this is the dance of the Bush Cartel.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »
Didn't Paulson get to pick winners and losers in the big meltdown, then take a 7 figure job with one of the winners?

If there was ever a DC corruption icon, this guy belongs in the Pantheon of the Corrupt. Paulson and clinton are charter members of the same club and probably bowl together on the same Thursday Night League team.

Exactly, but don't share that with Hillary's #nevertrump cheerleaders, here

More like 8 figures, however. He epitomizes the Clinton-Bush high finance status quo beneficiaries, manipulators and facilitators.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »
Hank Paulson is the scum that walked into W's office and walked out with the bailout of WS. He is a corrupt crony capitalist so it is no surprise he will vote for the corrupt Clinton.
Principles matter. Words matter.