Author Topic: Limbaugh: Trump supporters 'getting nervous' #DonaldTrump  (Read 15737 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who has largely been sympathetic to Donald Trump's uncanny campaign, said Thursday that many of the Republican nominee's supporters are showing signs of losing confidence in the candidate.

"People are getting nervous out there," said Limbaugh, referring to a recent national poll that showed Trump had fallen below his rival, Hillary Clinton, by 11 points...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/limbaugh-trump-supporters-getting-nervous/article/2594141

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Limbaugh: Trump supporters 'getting nervous' #DonaldTrump
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:04:30 pm »

No, I'd say they are simply realizing what many of us have been saying from the beginning. the guy is a fraud.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 05:58:39 pm »
No, I'd say they are simply realizing what many of us have been saying from the beginning. the guy is a fraud.

He is but in all reality unless there's a shake up at the convention, he'll be our nominee.  I don't know about you, but that puts me into a panic...trying to brace myself for what's to come.  Quite frankly, Trump scares the living hell out of me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 06:03:01 pm »
He is but in all reality unless there's a shake up at the convention, he'll be our nominee.  I don't know about you, but that puts me into a panic...trying to brace myself for what's to come.  Quite frankly, Trump scares the living hell out of me.

Don't be scared.  We'll probably wind up with hitlery.

Oh, wait...
Former Republican.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »
He is but in all reality unless there's a shake up at the convention, he'll be our nominee.  I don't know about you, but that puts me into a panic...trying to brace myself for what's to come. ....

I won't know if I should laugh or cry when Trump drops out of the race after having been nominated,and leaves the alleged Republican Party scrambling to APPOINT a nominee before the elections.

Hell,we are likely to end up with JEB Bush if they can just appoint anyone they want.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 06:55:49 pm »
Don't be scared.  We'll probably wind up with hitlery.

Oh, wait...

Hillary is a survivable event, like a nuclear strike on one or two cities.  Horrific but ultimately survivable.

Trump is like the dinosaur extinction asteroid. 

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline DagnyT

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:02:04 pm »
The MSM is playing up Donald`s weakness while supporting Hillary. She is in worse shape in terms of favorability than him.
#MAGA

Offline DagnyT

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 07:04:06 pm »
Hillary is a survivable event, like a nuclear strike on one or two cities.  Horrific but ultimately survivable.

Hillary will have long lasting consiquences, not just SCOTUS, but all the departments she will fill with all her fellow traveler bureaucrats. They are almost impossible to get rid of, like a case of the herpies.
#MAGA

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 07:06:24 pm »
Nope not nervous at all. Not the first rodeo and the polls are bogus and we know it.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 07:10:51 pm »

The guy is so far out of his depth its tragic.

Only a bit less tragic than his remaining supporters' lack of discernment.

Good grief open your eyes, folks.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 07:13:03 pm »

I don't agree- hillary will not be survivable. The question many of us have: will Trump?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 07:34:09 pm »
The guy is so far out of his depth its tragic.

Only a bit less tragic than his remaining supporters' lack of discernment.

Good grief open your eyes, folks.
Lets make something perfectly clear. No anti-Trump is more discerning, more principled, more conservative then us. If anything they are more lo information then us supporters of Trump. We See the big picture. We see whats going on and what needs to happen to avoid the path of destruction we are on. We are about saving America from a clear and present danger that will not survive another 4 years of a democrat in office. We know who the bad guys are, apparently you do not. Trump is a Patriot who loves America. That is why we support him.

What I see is not logic reason or common sense from #neverTrump people, I see nothing but irrational emotion. Anger at losing and not giving a dam about the consequences of their actions as long as they can hurt the guy who defeated their guy.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 07:38:09 pm »

stumpy is like ebola.  Once you figure it out, youre a goner. hitlery is like cancer.  You may only wish you had died.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:40:25 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 07:54:35 pm »
Lets make something perfectly clear. No anti-Trump is more discerning, more principled, more conservative then us. If anything they are more lo information then us supporters of Trump. We See the big picture. We see whats going on and what needs to happen to avoid the path of destruction we are on. We are about saving America from a clear and present danger that will not survive another 4 years of a democrat in office. We know who the bad guys are, apparently you do not. Trump is a Patriot who loves America. That is why we support him.

What I see is not logic reason or common sense from #neverTrump people, I see nothing but irrational emotion. Anger at losing and not giving a dam about the consequences of their actions as long as they can hurt the guy who defeated their guy.

The only emotion based decision here is yours.  The only evidence you have for your belief that Trump loved America is Trump's own words; you have no other objective evidence.  But his words cannot be trusted because they are told only for the effect they have on the other side he's negotiating with.  He said so in his book. You are the other side he's negotiating with.  That means you have no way of knowing if what he says is true or not.

I base my decision on principles and on the fact that once his words are ignored, as they must be, the remaining objective facts show that he will be a liberal Rockefeller republican just like NYC ex-mayor Bloomberg.  And since I oppose liberals, I oppose Trump because the facts show he is a liberal. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:23 pm »
The only emotion based decision here is yours.  The only evidence you have for your belief that Trump loved America is Trump's own words; you have no other objective evidence.  But his words cannot be trusted because they are told only for the effect they have on the other side he's negotiating with.  He said so in his book. You are the other side he's negotiating with.  That means you have no way of knowing if what he says is true or not.

I base my decision on principles and on the fact that once his words are ignored, as they must be, the remaining objective facts show that he will be a liberal Rockefeller republican just like NYC ex-mayor Bloomberg.  And since I oppose liberals, I oppose Trump because the facts show he is a liberal.
Yeah I have seen nothing credible or complete from you to back up your position and theories. Seems as often as you have been wrong on your "Gotcha's" on Trump you would have reevaluated the core beliefs by now but for emotional investment.

Serious thinking we can survive 4 years of Hillary after 8 years of Obama is not rational thinking.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 08:01:36 pm »
Yeah I have seen nothing credible or complete from you to back up your position and theories. Seems as often as you have been wrong on your "Gotcha's" on Trump you would have reevaluated the core beliefs by now but for emotional investment.

Serious thinking we can survive 4 years of Hillary after 8 years of Obama is not rational thinking.

That's because you pay no attention to anything that questions your preconceived beliefs. 

Explain why anyone should take Trump at his word with nothing objective to back it up.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 08:01:58 pm »
I remember Limblob tell us all how great Trump was, how mad he made the GOP-e, how the media hated him because he couldn't control him, how he loved liberty because he was a billionaire and had a reality show.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 08:02:10 pm »

I agree.   But the delegates to the convention have the power to pick the nominee - no one else.   They have no obligation to commit political suicide,  and I'd say they have a moral obligation NOT to. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 08:03:54 pm »
I remember Limblob tell us all how great Trump was, .....

That should have been your first clue.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 08:05:20 pm »
That should have been your first clue.

You're right. I exited the Trump train well before the primaries but I was on it for a while. Guilty as charged.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »

That's not the point.  Everything is relative.  As horrible as Clinton is, Trump's worse.   I'd rather the GOP stand up to fascism and survive as a principled and honorable counterweight to the liberals.   If we follow Trump's fascism over the cliff, we will be forever tarred and the Dems' hegemony will last decades.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 08:06:58 pm »
I agree.   But the delegates to the convention have the power to pick the nominee - no one else.   They have no obligation to commit political suicide,  and I'd say they have a moral obligation NOT to.

I admit that I hadn't even considered that aspect. Do you think there is a serious chance they will toss him out in the street and appoint someone else?

Depending on who they picked,I could see that as a positive thing from a personal POV,but talk about some public disruption! YIKES!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 08:10:20 pm »

Of course you would see it this way. Its always gonna be about the horse race with you folks. Your guy winning defines you personally, you believe - everyone wants to win. But I see it this way:

* Trump has never demonstrated loyalty to any person, idea, principle, or group but himself. From the Wall to support for Israel to taxes to his supreme court nominees he has qualified or backtracked on every single commitment he has made, rendering his promises meaningless.

* Trump is unable to enthusiastically articulate anything other than how wonderful, successful, etc he is personally, and how defective his detractors are.

* Anytime Trump attempts to speak as a world leader it is painfully obvious he is way out of his depth. His words are obviously not his own.

* Trump clearly is emotionally unequipped for the role of leader of the free world. From his tweets to his intemperate comments at rallies and in interviews he has shown this over and over.

You are invested in Trump now because of what you HOPE he will do. In spite of his history. If he's nominated I'll likely be forced to HOPE some good comes from his candidacy as well. But I'd hardly call that rational.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 08:11:09 pm »
I admit that I hadn't even considered that aspect. Do you think there is a serious chance they will toss him out in the street and appoint someone else?

Depending on who they picked,I could see that as a positive thing from a personal POV,but talk about some public disruption! YIKES!

It'll take courage, but organizing for that possibility has begun.    Interestingly,  Cruz appears to be signaling that any movement shouldn't be about replacing Trump with himself.  A true compromise candidate is needed, to minimize the blowback.  Say, a respected general, or Mitch Daniels.