Author Topic: Limbaugh: Trump supporters 'getting nervous' #DonaldTrump  (Read 15740 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Limbaugh: Trump supporters 'getting nervous' #DonaldTrump
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 08:14:09 pm »
The MSM is playing up Donald`s weakness while supporting Hillary. She is in worse shape in terms of favorability than him.

Nope.  Trump's at 70%, Hillary at 55% unfavorability.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 08:16:13 pm »
What I see is not logic reason or common sense from #neverTrump people, I see nothing but irrational emotion. Anger at losing and not giving a dam about the consequences of their actions as long as they can hurt the guy who defeated their guy.

That's not what I see.  (I was for Kasich, so you know I'm not NeverTrump out of sore-loserism.)   The NeverTrumps'  position is based on a rational reaction to the increasing irrationality and derangement of our "presumptive" nominee.   Trump's had over a month now to get it together,  and he's disintegrating before our eyes.  The Trump train's heading for derailment.  It's rational, not emotional,  to take action to grab the controls away.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 08:18:01 pm »
That's because you pay no attention to anything that questions your preconceived beliefs. 

Explain why anyone should take Trump at his word with nothing objective to back it up.
You start with witness credibility. Trump has thousands of people who know him personally over decades that say hes the way he says he is. The opposition has no credibility. Left wing sources, paid to attack Trump like Erik and Establishment Rinos out to protect themselves. Then something a good lawyer would know, his non-verbals are not that of a dishonest person. Even when questioned with hard questions and he pauses his eyes go in the direction of contemplating not lying, etc.

Then you look at the attacks are examined they fall apart. Such as the donations (He donated to both in a democrat city) his party registration (mostly Republican and Indi not Dem). His business (1 percent chapter 11 and 577 million cash flow recently), etc. Every one is much less then it is made to appear and is usually taken out of context, edited to omit material matter or just plain made up by Democrats and paid shills. The rest is about his communication stye. He does not use script writers and dumb things down to 10 second sound bytes for 8th graders like politicians normally do.

So Unlike your position We do have objective data, Decades of past conduct. And the repeated failure of the attack pieces to be legit. Plus his Kinetics do not reflect a pathological liar like Hillary is.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 08:18:12 pm »
Yeah I have seen nothing credible or complete from you to back up your position and theories. Seems as often as you have been wrong on your "Gotcha's" on Trump you would have reevaluated the core beliefs by now but for emotional investment.

Serious thinking we can survive 4 years of Hillary after 8 years of Obama is not rational thinking.

I kinda wondered where Johnnie G went. Turns out you guys are word-brothers.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »
You start with witness credibility. Trump has thousands of people who know him personally over decades that say hes the way he says he is. The opposition has no credibility. Left wing sources, paid to attack Trump like Erik and Establishment Rinos out to protect themselves. Then something a good lawyer would know, his non-verbals are not that of a dishonest person. Even when questioned with hard questions and he pauses his eyes go in the direction of contemplating not lying, etc.

Then you look at the attacks are examined they fall apart. Such as the donations (He donated to both in a democrat city) his party registration (mostly Republican and Indi not Dem). His business (1 percent chapter 11 and 577 million cash flow recently), etc. Every one is much less then it is made to appear and is usually taken out of context, edited to omit material matter or just plain made up by Democrats and paid shills. The rest is about his communication stye. He does not use script writers and dumb things down to 10 second sound bytes for 8th graders like politicians normally do.

So Unlike your position We do have objective data, Decades of past conduct. And the repeated failure of the attack pieces to be legit. Plus his Kinetics do not reflect a pathological liar like Hillary is.

Baloney. 

"Kinetics"???   What about his shakras?

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 08:31:11 pm »
It'll take courage, but organizing for that possibility has begun.    Interestingly,  Cruz appears to be signaling that any movement shouldn't be about replacing Trump with himself.  A true compromise candidate is needed, to minimize the blowback.  Say, a respected general, or Mitch Daniels.   

I can't even begin to guess who would fit that bill,but I would put a General at the bottom of the list,no matter how honorable he is. America today just doesn't trust or like the professional military because so few have any actual personal experience with the military,and Generals have always had a pretty bad rap with most of the citizens. It's the whole "fear a dictatorship" thing at play.

At this point I can't think of a single living politician that would be acceptable that would even have the job. Anyone that did take it would have to know and accept the fact that it would be a losing proposition from the word "go",and that his or her name and reputation would forever be smeared in the history books.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »
Hillary will have long lasting consiquences, not just SCOTUS, but all the departments she will fill with all her fellow traveler bureaucrats. They are almost impossible to get rid of, like a case of the herpies.

LOL, with all the apparatchiks that Obama's 8 years have added, it's more like a case of advanced leprosy with super-necrotic antibiotic resistant bacteria,  than herpes.
Hitlery doesn't need to add a soul to government to maintain progressive rule; she just has to get rid of the worst of Obama's loyalists, and replace them with her own.

When was the last time America had 12 back-to-back years of progressive executive rule in Federal government?  FDR?  Heck, we've had 16 progressive years in the past 24.
America's heading for serious hurting, like financial ruin, famine, death, and destruction, under either Hitlery or Trump.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:55:14 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 08:58:27 pm »
That's not the point.  Everything is relative.  As horrible as Clinton is, Trump's worse.   I'd rather the GOP stand up to fascism and survive as a principled and honorable counterweight to the liberals.   If we follow Trump's fascism over the cliff, we will be forever tarred and the Dems' hegemony will last decades.   

+1
Exactly.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 09:03:32 pm »
I admit that I hadn't even considered that aspect. Do you think there is a serious chance they will toss him out in the street and appoint someone else?

Depending on who they picked,I could see that as a positive thing from a personal POV,but talk about some public disruption! YIKES!

Based on the feedback I got from delegates to our state GOP convention, there's going to be a floor fight.  The thing is, the conservatives who supported Cruz are also basically honest people.  If they vote their conscience, they violate the oath they took to communicate the voter's wishes on the first ballot.  If they fulfil that oath, then they violate their conscience.

It's a difficult place for them to be in.   A groundswell anti-Trump support could develop, and be beyond the party's ability to stop.  I don't see it happening, nor resulting in a win in November, but there's definitely sufficient anger among the delegates to make a revolt work.  All it really requires is for Trump to "tweak" the delegates "just right", i.e. just give them an excuse, and it'll make their day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2016, 09:17:47 pm »
Based on the feedback I got from delegates to our state GOP convention, there's going to be a floor fight.  The thing is, the conservatives who supported Cruz are also basically honest people.  If they vote their conscience, they violate the oath they took to communicate the voter's wishes on the first ballot.  If they fulfil that oath, then they violate their conscience.

It's a difficult place for them to be in.   A groundswell anti-Trump support could develop, and be beyond the party's ability to stop.  I don't see it happening, nor resulting in a win in November, but there's definitely sufficient anger among the delegates to make a revolt work.  All it really requires is for Trump to "tweak" the delegates "just right", i.e. just give them an excuse, and it'll make their day.

I agree. I see no possible way for anyone but Bubbette! being elected in November. Which I have been saying all along is what Trump was hired to insure.

The only positive result I see happening is the long overdue destruction of the alleged Republican Party. IF the nation is lucky we will survive the next 4 years and there will be an actual conservative party form by then and produce an actual conservative candidate. History shows us that EVERY time an actual conservative candidate runs for president,they win.

One of my biggest regrets about getting older is the knowledge that I won't live long enough to see Barry Goldwater cloned and sworn in as President.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 09:26:52 pm »
I won't know if I should laugh or cry when Trump drops out of the race after having been nominated,and leaves the alleged Republican Party scrambling to APPOINT a nominee before the elections.

Hell,we are likely to end up with JEB Bush if they can just appoint anyone they want.

Hmmmm... hate to say but Jeb Bush is looking palatable right now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 09:28:21 pm »

I suspect even the party realizes this isn't a good century for another Bush.
Former Republican.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 09:29:39 pm »
I can't even begin to guess who would fit that bill,but I would put a General at the bottom of the list,no matter how honorable he is. America today just doesn't trust or like the professional military because so few have any actual personal experience with the military,and Generals have always had a pretty bad rap with most of the citizens. It's the whole "fear a dictatorship" thing at play.

At this point I can't think of a single living politician that would be acceptable that would even have the job. Anyone that did take it would have to know and accept the fact that it would be a losing proposition from the word "go",and that his or her name and reputation would forever be smeared in the history books.

I can think of some senators (a few) and a couple of governors who would do it.  And it would not smear their reputations... coming to the rescue is always valued.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2016, 09:45:59 pm »
I remember Limblob tell us all how great Trump was, how mad he made the GOP-e, how the media hated him because he couldn't control him, how he loved liberty because he was a billionaire and had a reality show.

I disagree.  The people on TOS despised Limbaugh with very little reason.  He was more than fair to Trump but his sin was that he didn't worship Trump, he preferred Cruz and he occasionally criticized Trump.

The problem for Rush and all the tepid Trump tolerators was the trumpers.  They are so fanatic and their devotion and so relentless in their support of Trump and vilifying of all who said anything mildly critical...they seemed like a bigger and more powerful group of people than they actually are.  We are finding that out now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 09:47:13 pm »

I suspect even the party realizes this isn't a good century for another Bush.

I agree; we can do better.  Jeb would be a horrible choice... I was only comparing him to Trump.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »
I agree; we can do better.  Jeb would be a horrible choice... I was only comparing him to Trump.

Well, he does look good next to stumpy.

I'm of a mind for Hoosiers, right now.  Maybe Mitch Daniels or Mike Pence?
Former Republican.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 10:54:50 pm »
Nope not nervous at all. Not the first rodeo and the polls are bogus and we know it.
It requires a certain level of consideration of prospective outcomes to be nervous. tRumpies have long forgone any reality perspective as tRumpism requires eyes tightly closed, just listen to his music.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
Nope not nervous at all. Not the first rodeo and the polls are bogus and we know it.

The denial is strong in this one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
The rest is about his communication stye. He does not use script writers and dumb things down to 10 second sound bytes for 8th graders like politicians normally do.
Now you're just making **** up.

Trump's conversation level is even dumber than your typical politician. Wasn't it rated at something around a third-grade level?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2016, 12:32:54 am »
I have my problems with Jeb but I think Trump's treatment of Jeb during the debates was something that really turned me against him. Made Trump look like a bully and an bleep and I hate bullies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2016, 12:35:08 am »

And the difference between JEB and Bubbette! is that she relies on battery power.

When it comes to policy,the only difference is whose bank accounts get the loot.

I  have said it before and I will say it again,"If at any time in the future there is a political race and I am required to vote for one candidate named Bush or another candidate named Satan,I will vote for Satan as the lesser of two evils."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2016, 12:36:33 am »
I can think of some senators (a few) and a couple of governors who would do it.  And it would not smear their reputations... coming to the rescue is always valued.

Then please encourage them to start stoking the fires.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2016, 01:43:18 am »
I disagree.  The people on TOS despised Limbaugh with very little reason.  He was more than fair to Trump but his sin was that he didn't worship Trump, he preferred Cruz and he occasionally criticized Trump.

The problem for Rush and all the tepid Trump tolerators was the trumpers.  They are so fanatic and their devotion and so relentless in their support of Trump and vilifying of all who said anything mildly critical...they seemed like a bigger and more powerful group of people than they actually are.  We are finding that out now.

Why are "conservatives" letting Limbaugh off the hook so easily? No one else propped up the orange menace more than the moron behind the mike. He never would have gotten anywhere without Limbaugh's blessing? Rush knew Trump was a poison turd and he more than anybody IMO could have stopped him. He choose to play neutral. Now he gets to look like a stuttering moron after Hillary wins. Yet another failed prediction from El Rushbo.

geronl

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2016, 01:46:29 am »
Trump supporters remind me of OJ supporters (ESPN is rerunning a documentary). OJ is obviously guilty as sin but it was a foregone conclusion from the day the jury was chosen that he would be found not guilty. The judge allowed that jury to be swayed by lies and cheating of the defense from the start too.