Author Topic: Policeman Bars Man from Bus Because, I Said So.  (Read 695 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Policeman Bars Man from Bus Because, I Said So.
« on: June 16, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »
Jesse Paz of Fresno, California was denied access to a bus earlier this week by a Fresno Police Officer who took issue with him. Despite already purchasing a ticket for both himself and his daughter, Paz was told by Officer Ruiz that he would be subject to arrest if he attempted to use the bus that day. The reason for his denial was because Officer Ruiz “said so”.

The argument began when Paz had gotten off work and began conversing with a youth from 701 United. Paz explained further on his Facebook:

Julisa had to go to my work with me today. I just clocked out and we caught the fax (Fresno Area Express) bus to Manchester Mall. I saw a youth from 701 United and started talking with him, when this Fresno Police officer Rudy Ruiz badge ‪#‎P379‬ came up to tell the youth he had to go. That’s when I proceeded to tell the youth “you better hurry up and go or else….” implying that the officer would arrest him. Officer Ruiz proceeded to come up and harass me, telling me that I could not ride the bus although i had already purchased my and Julisa’s ride. Its hot, Julisa had to use the restroom and we were both very hungry.The officer could not tell me what I did wrong and why I could no longer ride the bus.

So I have called the department and asked to speak with his sergeant. Waiting on their call back. Julisa was scared because he literally walked us away from the bus station. He also threatened to take me down if I did not leave the premises. Can someone help me. We are in shock right now.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/policeman-says-man-cant-use-bus-because-i-said-so/
The Republic is lost.

geronl

Re: Policeman Bars Man from Bus Because, I Said So.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »
Imagine being thrown on a list by some bureaucrat and being denied your rights with no ability to fight it.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:52:43 pm »
Imagine being thrown on a list by some bureaucrat and being denied your rights with no ability to fight it.

Imagine?  Don't have to.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:13:04 pm »

That is the "No-Fly" list; the same list they want to use to block your right to buy/own a gun.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »
Imagine?  Don't have to.

stumpy thinks it's a good idea.  Ruiz must be a stumpy cultist.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:19:51 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 07:48:46 pm »
Maybe anyone who gets banned from Super Chow Wok chinese food for abusing the Meow-Woof buffet should also get thrown on the list....

The No-Wok List.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:30:35 pm »
That is the "No-Fly" list; the same list they want to use to block your right to buy/own a gun.

I am curious how many people have been fired from their jobs because their employment requires frequent air travel, yet, they have been placed on the No Fly List and now can not perform the duties they were hired to do?

Sounds like a legitimate civil rights lawsuit in the making... but we woulda heard about such by now, I guess.  Right?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:31:03 pm by rodamala »

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 04:58:29 pm »
I am curious how many people have been fired from their jobs because their employment requires frequent air travel, yet, they have been placed on the No Fly List and now can not perform the duties they were hired to do?

Sounds like a legitimate civil rights lawsuit in the making... but we woulda heard about such by now, I guess.  Right?

The is no set process to get reviewed and taken off the list if unjustified. Just make the right person mad and you are on it. No recourse available. Even TSA workers have shown up on it.

Insane to think some want the same for taking away constitutional rights.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WAC

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:09:45 pm »
With the security on high as it is since Orlando you shouldn't be so sensitive about how police conduct themselves at this time....let it go.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »
With the security on high as it is since Orlando you shouldn't be so sensitive about how police conduct themselves at this time....let it go.

Um...

No.