Author Topic: What Does the Military Think of Donald Trump?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
What Does the Military Think of Donald Trump?
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:10:57 am »
Mark Thompson
Time
June 15, 2016

... There is private concern inside the U.S. armed forces about Trump’s fitness for command, but good luck getting anyone to say so on the record. The military is built upon what it calls “good order and discipline,” a pair of attributes rarely attributed to Trump. While a recent unscientific independent Military Times newspaper survey had Trump outpolling all-but-certain Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by a greater than 2-to-1 margin, many view that as a desire for change rather than support for Trump. “There is concern in the military about Trump, but they really want a change,” Zinni says. “There’s a lot of unhappiness about the plight of the military, the funding and the way wars are being prosecuted.” According to this thinking, Clinton is unlikely to make such wholesale changes in the U.S. military ...
More

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: What Does the Military Think of Donald Trump?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:13:35 am »
Link?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 01:16:15 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:21:57 am »
But retired officers don’t have to watch their words so carefully. “Mr. Trump is a potential disaster as commander-in-chief—uninformed, volatile, poor judgment,” says Barry McCaffrey, a retired four-star Army officer. “Hard to believe this is the candidate of a major political party.”

“Trump is unexpectedly increasing my enthusiasm for Hillary,” adds retired general Merrill McPeak, who, like Welsh, served on the Joint Chiefs as the Air Force chief of staff. “What he is saying is not based on facts: it’s based on immaturity, bad judgment and ignorance, and I think it’s going to be hard for people in uniform who are thoughtful about this, to vote for him.”

Ignorance, immaturity, bad judgment, volatile.  Not good traits in a CIC.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:23:03 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 01:22:57 am »

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:04:33 am »
It's not going to help that he just accused American troops of stealing.  He's toast.  It's over for him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:36 am »
It's not going to help that he just accused American troops of stealing.  He's toast.  It's over for him.

Wait...he accused us of what???
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline markomalley

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 10:00:09 am »
Wait...he accused us of what???
@txradioguy MSNBC took a 28 second extract out of a 59 minute speech (out of context) and started hyperventilating.

Naturally, the pro-Hillary Trump Derangement Syndrome people here leaped on it and said "SEE, SEE, SEE..."

(And, no, I am not a Trumpist...but I also don't suffer from TDS)

Here's the overall quote (from a post I made last night): And 28 seconds out of an hour speech, 28 seconds out of context, edited by PMS-NBC, is silly. (BTW, if you would want to listen to this in context, you can look at this link: https://youtu.be/3RLK5mn5fvM?t=23m44s -- the infamous quote is around a minute later, but starting at that bookmark gives the context)

And here's the 28 second out-of-context quote that they're hyperventilating about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAriULv1P8&sns=em

Offline RedHead

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 10:54:44 am »
You mean what do all those crooks who stole the Iraq money think of Donald Trump?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 11:00:13 am »
@txradioguy MSNBC took a 28 second extract out of a 59 minute speech (out of context) and started hyperventilating.

Naturally, the pro-Hillary Trump Derangement Syndrome people here leaped on it and said "SEE, SEE, SEE..."

Here's the overall quote (from a post I made last night): And 28 seconds out of an hour speech, 28 seconds out of context, edited by PMS-NBC, is silly. (BTW, if you would want to listen to this in context, you can look at this link: https://youtu.be/3RLK5mn5fvM?t=23m44s -- the infamous quote is around a minute later, but starting at that bookmark gives the context)

And here's the 28 second out-of-context quote that they're hyperventilating about:

TDS. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.  **nononono*

Offline plewis1250

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 11:10:00 am »

You're being disingenuous. The following 20 seconds he continues with the thought by stating we send money again and again and again to the Middle East.
He was talking about OUR money being handed out, by OUR soldiers.

Lets keep things honest here... Trump was speaking off the cuff, running his mouth, and let his inner left wing liberal slip out behind the curtain...

Stop defending this atrocity of a human being. He is unfit to be dog catcher, let alone President of the United States.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 01:23:19 pm »
"An atrocity of a human being"

:silly:

Very uncharitable of you. Not to mention it's a completely distorted view of a fellow human being, who is personally charitable and gracious, and quite successful in his field. No, really, he is. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 01:36:29 pm »

You were dead wrong about this yesterday, and you're still dead wrong about it.  There is no "context"; Trump accused American troops of stealing cash.

He said the same thing last October:

He also suggested that some American soldiers charged with distributing money to fund the Afghan and Iraqi government embezzled it instead. “I want to know who are the soldiers carrying suitcases with $50m?” asked Trump. “How stupid are we? I wouldn’t be surprised if those soldiers, if the cash didn’t get there.”

http://addictinginfo.org/2016/06/14/trump-accuses-american-soldiers-of-stealing-millions-of-dollars-of-aid-money-in-iraq-video/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 01:48:09 pm »
He also suggested that some American soldiers charged with distributing money to fund the Afghan and Iraqi government embezzled it instead. “I want to know who are the soldiers carrying suitcases with $50m?” asked Trump. “How stupid are we? I wouldn’t be surprised if those soldiers, if the cash didn’t get there.”

Someone wanna explain to me how this is any different than the bullshit accusations we've had to endure from Liberals over the last decade or so?

Yeah...this is sure to win us over to voting for him. /sarc
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 03:20:34 pm »
Most military I know despise Hillary far more than their distaste for a Trump presidency.  The forums and chats I see generally favor Trump.  The last poll I saw from the military favored Trump over Hillary:

Military Times survey: Troops prefer Trump to Clinton by a huge margin

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/election/2016/05/09/military-times-survey-donald-trump-beats-hillary-clinton/84132402/

Right now I believe the military vote is Trump's to lose.  Can he?  Of course, but remember, most of them look at the CinC for leadership in protecting the security of the Country.  They know Obama hasn't done that at all, and most cannot begin to envision Hillary in that position.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline RedHead

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 03:26:21 pm »
Someone wanna explain to me how this is any different than the bullshit accusations we've had to endure from Liberals over the last decade or so?

Yeah...this is sure to win us over to voting for him. /sarc

Probably not a lot.  So you're lumping Trump in with the liberals?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 05:58:19 pm »
So you're lumping Trump in with the liberals?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 05:43:48 pm »
Probably not a lot.  So you're lumping Trump in with the liberals?

You mean there is still a doubt about it?