Author Topic: Why people like Donald.  (Read 22835 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why people like Donald.
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2016, 06:05:25 pm »
I would rather be subject to water torture than have a beer with EITHER Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

And again with the "pro pc"............ of all the empty headed arguments for Trump, that has to be the worst.  Your guy is going to throw gasoline on the burning world.

As for changing ones opinion, if one has given thought to a subject, has researched and come to a greater understanding and because of that changed ones opinion that is one thing.   But Donald Trump has "changed" his opinions because he knew a group of non-thinkers would fall for it. 

He's no more anti-illegal now than he was in 2012.  He supported the Dream Act, and still does.  He has always supported mammoth government, and still does.  He has always been pro-abortion, and still is.  He never read the Constitution before he ran for President, and still hasn't.

He's a leftist runner, just like Hillary Clinton.  And that DOES matter.

Voting for him because you want to pretend that he is what he isn't, is inexcusable.  If you want to vote for him because you agree with his liberal policies, that's an honest choice.  But voting for him because you deny his liberalism and pretend he's a conservative, is dishonest.

:amen:  Well said! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 06:34:04 pm »
I would rather be subject to water torture than have a beer with EITHER Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

And again with the "pro pc"............ of all the empty headed arguments for Trump, that has to be the worst.  Your guy is going to throw gasoline on the burning world.

As for changing ones opinion, if one has given thought to a subject, has researched and come to a greater understanding and because of that changed ones opinion that is one thing.   But Donald Trump has "changed" his opinions because he knew a group of non-thinkers would fall for it. 

He's no more anti-illegal now than he was in 2012.  He supported the Dream Act, and still does.  He has always supported mammoth government, and still does.  He has always been pro-abortion, and still is.  He never read the Constitution before he ran for President, and still hasn't.

He's a leftist runner, just like Hillary Clinton.  And that DOES matter.

Voting for him because you want to pretend that he is what he isn't, is inexcusable.  If you want to vote for him because you agree with his liberal policies, that's an honest choice.  But voting for him because you deny his liberalism and pretend he's a conservative, is dishonest.
Oh, yeah............. and he's always been a creepy, narcissistic misogynist who verbally abuses women and uses them for his own narcissistic purposes.

It has NOTHING to do with being "PC" to oppose this Troglodyte who has a disdain for at least half the US population unless he can ogle them or commit adultery with them.....

It has everything to do with PC. You just made the argument of a "safe space" liberal. Most of middle america still believes in traditional gender roles and don't like all this women's empowerment stuff. Conservatism has nothing to do with feminism, which is the case you tried to make from the right which is ridiculous.  Ask evangelicals. Do you believe this? If not, you're center right and not conservative. You can't be a Lena Dunham and be a conservative. You have to choose one. Donald is running for president, not to create a "safe space" for pro PC "conservatives."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 07:04:36 pm »
Welcome to our humble abode, @runnerrunner

:beer:

I used to be a runnerrunner. But then my bones started getting old and my muscles weak. Now I'm a walkerwalker. Four miles a day.   :laugh:

Wingnut

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »
I used to be a runnerrunner. But then my bones started getting old and my muscles weak. Now I'm a walkerwalker. Four miles a day.   :laugh:

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:57 pm »
I should also mention that at age 64, I also do competitive mixed martial arts.

:silly:

LOL...  oh so your not ready for THAT walker just yet!   :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 07:14:37 pm »
I should also mention that at 64, I also do competitive mixed martial arts.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 07:15:39 pm »
..I can also predict The future.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
It has everything to do with PC.

No it doesn't.  It has to do with TRUTH.
You just made the argument of a "safe space" liberal.
No I didn't.  I argued based on FACTS. 
Most of middle america still believes in traditional gender roles and don't like all this women's empowerment stuff. Conservatism has nothing to do with feminism, which is the case you tried to make from the right which is ridiculous.

Abuse of women is not conservative, and defense of the dignity and honor of women, not feminist.  They both have to do with how decent people behave.  As far as I'm concerned, people like you who come on internet forums and start defending the abuse of women as you have, under the guise of being non-PC, are seriously flawed in every way.  There is no moral excuse for the anti-female behavior of Donald Trump.
Ask evangelicals. Do you believe this? If not, you're center right and not conservative. You can't be a Lena Dunham and be a conservative. You have to choose one. Donald is running for president, not to create a "safe space" for pro PC "conservatives."

I'm an Evangelical, born again, raised Baptist Christian who hasn't strayed away from the theology on which I was raised.  If you've never read the New Testament, look at how Jesus treated women.  Then you'll see how far, far, far away your Trump hero is from Godliness.

YOU are the one who has to choose one.  You either choose to support liberalism and Donald Trump, or you don't.

But when this leftist degenerate either wins the WH, or loses to his buddy Hillary, it will be on YOUR head that this country has continued to lurch left.

YOURS.  Not mine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2016, 07:23:06 pm »
Why People Like Donald

Starting from a false premise.

Wingnut

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »
..I can also predict The future.

Or time travel!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2016, 07:28:10 pm »

I was gonna head out for a run this afternoon but it looks like rain.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Wingnut

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2016, 07:29:35 pm »

Illinois cold front.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2016, 07:37:13 pm »

Good one!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2016, 07:40:14 pm »

Lol. I have to get out and excercise more
No it doesn't.  It has to do with TRUTH.  No I didn't.  I argued based on FACTS. 
Your argument is based on Liberalism disguised as conservatism.

Abuse of women is not conservative, and defense of the dignity and honor of women, not feminist.  They both have to do with how decent people behave.  As far as I'm concerned, people like you who come on internet forums and start defending the abuse of women as you have, under the guise of being non-PC, are seriously flawed in every way.  There is no moral excuse for the anti-female behavior of Donald Trump.
No one said anything about abuse, although it says everything that when I say "traditional gender roles" you feel it's abuse.

We are so, so very far from the 1950's. Ridiculous.  I guess you think staying at home with the kids is the abuse? This is a leftist feelings argument if there ever was one.

I'm an Evangelical, born again, raised Baptist Christian who hasn't strayed away from the theology on which I was raised.  If you've never read the New Testament, look at how Jesus treated women.  Then you'll see how far, far, far away your Trump hero is from Godliness.

YOU are the one who has to choose one.  You either choose to support liberalism and Donald Trump, or you don't.

But when this leftist degenerate either wins the WH, or loses to his buddy Hillary, it will be on YOUR head that this country has continued to lurch left.

YOURS.  Not mine.
You sound like the Liberals that say women should be on boards of directors with the quotas and crap, with that Jesus comment. I'm an old testament guy.  Catholic. You, like so many of the new era evangelicals rely heavily on the new testament because sounds so much better. Donald is not a liberal and he's not a totalitarian conservative like you.

Do you know who John Piper is? Here's a sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTJ5i07hFE

I guess he is a liberal to you too. 

So many conservatives, when you scratch the surface, support the ideals of conservatism until you hit their pet projects. This is just another example.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »
I should also mention that at 64, I also do competitive mixed martial arts.

I salute you. I prefer using my hand to eat potato chips after work!

Starting from a false premise.
Hah! Some people like him.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2016, 07:49:37 pm »
Most conservatives are more interested in policy papers and their “principles” which include losing the country, rather than winning.

I have come to realize that anyone who would put the word principles in quotes when speaking of Conservatism doesn't Understand Conservatism at all.

I’d rather take someone who is 70 percent conservative that can actually win a national election

Your candidate has no record of Conservatism at all.

Are we anti PC or not?

I will reiterate yet again: The opposite of 'PC' is not 'Boorish Ass'.

Do conservative women want the same special treatment liberal women get? Do we still have a group that actually believes in traditional values, or just going to church every Sunday is enough for you?

'Traditional Values' do not include 'Boorish Ass' - In fact, 'Boorish Ass' offends traditional values... Especially those found in church on Sunday.

For years conservatives have bemoaned illegal immigration. How do you know he won’t do what that?

Because his record shows him to be a flaming liberal who uses cheap labor (to include H1-Bs).
And he has already waffled on immigration.

Do you want Americans to get their jobs back?

Do you think single-payer health care and taxing the rich will do that?

Do you want a strong response to Terrorism?

No, I want a cogent response to terrorism, which would be 'strong' incidentally. The schoolyard bully' approach doesn't breed confidence.

Free Trade, could the base be any clearer they don’t like it. Seems only true conservatives on the internet defend it. These same true conservatives work at nonprofit think tanks which don’t produce… anything.

The Conservative position is 'Fair Trade' ala Duncan Hunter Sr, in it's last occurrence, and ala Ted Cruz in this election.

For many Americans, things have just changed too much. This is bigger than true conservatism, Obama or Hillary. They see a country in decline and this is the last chance to stop it.

As I posed up-post - The author doesn't understand Conservatism... *nothing* is bigger than TRUTH.
Conservatism is a series of principles that we hold to be true and timeless.
Those who consider Conservative principles to be otherwise are not, by the very definition, Conservative.

*edit:synax
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:55:28 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2016, 07:50:15 pm »
Lol. I have to get out and excercise more Your argument is based on Liberalism disguised as conservatism.
 No one said anything about abuse, although it says everything that when I say "traditional gender roles" you feel it's abuse.

We are so, so very far from the 1950's. Ridiculous.  I guess you think staying at home with the kids is the abuse? This is a leftist feelings argument if there ever was one.
 You sound like the Liberals that say women should be on boards of directors with the quotas and crap, with that Jesus comment. I'm an old testament guy.  Catholic. You, like so many of the new era evangelicals rely heavily on the new testament because sounds so much better. Donald is not a liberal and he's not a totalitarian conservative like you.

Do you know who John Piper is? Here's a sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTJ5i07hFE

I guess he is a liberal to you too. 

So many conservatives, when you scratch the surface, support the ideals of conservatism until you hit their pet projects. This is just another example.

I've made my point.  I don't waste my time arguing with liberals.

btw, I personally know John Piper and have been to his church (Bethlehem Baptist.... same denomination I was raised in) multiple times.   

You seriously think he approves of Trump's serial adultery and abuse of women???  You're NUTS!!

(I also stayed home and halted my career to raise our four children in Jesus Christ.  Not that the TRUTH matters to you).

And I don't believe for one moment you're an "Old Testament guy."  (In case you don't know anything about the Old Testament, Donald's serial adultery isn't approved of there either).  That claim is as bogus as your pretense to care about Conservatism.

I'm done with feeding this liberal troll.   The truth is not in him.......    :seeya:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:52:57 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 07:55:37 pm »
I have come to realize that anyone who would put the word principles in quotes when speaking of Conservatism doesn't Understand Conservatism at all.

'Traditional Values' do not include 'Boorish Ass' - In fact, 'Boorish Ass' offends traditional values... Especially those found in church on Sunday.

Because his record shows him to be a flaming liberal who uses cheap labor (to include H1-Bs).

No, I want a cogent response to terrorism, which would be 'strong' incidentally. The schoolyard bully' approach doesn't breed confidence.

The Conservative position is 'Fair Trade' ala Duncan Hunter Sr, in it's last occurrence, and ala Ted Cruz in this election.

As I posed up-post - The author doesn't understand Conservatism... *nothing* is bigger than TRUTH.
Those who consider Conservative principles to be otherwise are not, by the very definition, Conservative.

Like Trump, runnerrunner is arguing from the false leftist caricature of what a Conservative is, and like Trump, he reveals how far from legitimate Conservatism he really is.

btw, great catch about putting "principles" in quotes.  It rips off the disguise from someone who is trying to pretend to be conservative.  There is no conservatism in this one.  NONE.

Just.  Like.  Trump.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2016, 07:59:24 pm »
Like Trump, runnerrunner is arguing from the false leftist caricature of what a Conservative is, and like Trump, he reveals how far from legitimate Conservatism he really is.

btw, great catch about putting "principles" in quotes.  It rips off the disguise from someone who is trying to pretend to be conservative.  There is no conservatism in this one.  NONE.

Just.  Like.  Trump.

And I'm pretty sure he didn't just happen to run across this site!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:59:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2016, 08:03:44 pm »

@roamer_1, you have the patience of a saint! 

geronl

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:21 pm »

There is not one thing about Trump I like. Not one.

I see no real difference between him and Hillary. I will vote for neither.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:18 pm »

I'm sorry. I disagree. I wanted a fighter to vote for, I supported Rubio and was rooting for him but his not running now. Trump is. He is the R candidate. I have always supported the repub Candiate and am not changing now because he says words social justice warriors on both sides of the isle find offensive.
I've made my point.  I don't waste my time arguing with liberals.

btw, I personally know John Piper and have been to his church (Bethlehem Baptist.... same denomination I was raised in) multiple times.   

You seriously think he approves of Trump's serial adultery and abuse of women???  You're NUTS!!

(I also stayed home and halted my career to raise our four children in Jesus Christ.  Not that the TRUTH matters to you).

And I don't believe for one moment you're an "Old Testament guy."  (In case you don't know anything about the Old Testament, Donald's serial adultery isn't approved of there either).  That claim is as bogus as your pretense to care about Conservatism.

I'm done with feeding this liberal troll.   The truth is not in him.......    :seeya:
Let's be clear, this is your opinion and not fact. I am a conservative. I don't support gay marriage, abortion, illegals or any social engineering. You're the one making an issue out of adultery, but when did I say he was the perfect christian? No adultery is not condoned, and neither is feminism. But the point is Donald is the only one putting himself out there right now. We should we continue virtue signalling and not use everything we have to pummel the left? Being the nice guys isn't working.

People didn't vote for Cruz now and they won't vote for him in 2020.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:25:48 pm by runnerrunner »

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:54 pm »
There is not one thing about Trump I like. Not one.

I see no real difference between him and Hillary. I will vote for neither.
Fair enough. I respect that.

Online roamer_1

Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2016, 08:26:15 pm »
Who cares about that... this is exactly what I'm talking about. You heard this, you heard that, etc. I'm talking about right now. And right now, he says he would deport 11 million illegals. A part of his platform.

meh. Campaign year promises. Let me ask you: What pray tell, secures those promises that you are relying upon?

A Conservative would look to the candidate's record to secure those promises in the 'right now'. His record would determine his character, and his record would indicate his true positions (prior to running for the office).

Since you seem not to rely upon his record, preferring the image he has created for the purpose of his campaign, How is that image made real?

@Bigun

Offline runnerrunner

Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2016, 08:29:59 pm »
meh. Campaign year promises. Let me ask you: What pray tell, secures those promises that you are relying upon?

A Conservative would look to the candidate's record to secure those promises in the 'right now'. His record would determine his character, and his record would indicate his true positions (prior to running for the office).

Since you seem not to rely upon his record, preferring the image he has created for the purpose of his campaign, How is that image made real?

@Bigun

Simple. His success in the business world. He has tried and failed and gotten back up to more success. He will the left hard, and make sure they don't get back up. He'll actually enforce immigration laws.

I'm just tired of losing everything. Culture Wars, government battles, etc. Just tired of losing.