Author Topic: La Raza Council Cancels Pro-Muslim, Anti-Trump Event After Massive Terrorist Attack  (Read 2878 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
La Raza Council Cancels Pro-Muslim, Anti-Trump Event After Massive Terrorist Attack
Casey Harper

A coalition of civil rights groups planned to hold an event Monday attacking Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump for his rhetoric against Mexicans and Muslims, but cancelled it after 50 people were killed and at least 53 more wounded in a reported Islamic terrorist attack Sunday.

The event was supposed to include leaders from several top rights groups including National Council of La Raza and Muslim Advocates, an advocacy group founded by American Muslim lawyers. The groups said in a press release promoting the event they planned to condemn Trump for “demonizing” certain groups and would demand an apology. The event was scheduled to be held at the National Council of La Raza in Washington, D.C.

An email was sent out Sunday saying, “Given the tragedy in Orlando this event has been canceled. Our hearts and prayers are with the families of the victims.”

Shooter Omar Mateen reportedly called 911 to declare his allegiance to Islamic State before opening fire on an Orlando gay nightclub early Sunday morning.

more at:  http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/12/la-raza-council-cancels-pro-muslim-anti-trump-event-after-massive-terrorist-attack/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

If that doesn't sink in among the #nevertrump contingent....they're truly coo-coo for Cocoa-puffs.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

Ironical.  Hey, maybe Muslim Advocates could have suggested it be turned into a fundraiser to help with medical or funeral costs.  But nah.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If that doesn't sink in among the #nevertrump contingent....they're truly coo-coo for Cocoa-puffs.
Look at you getting all rigid because you think this tragedy helps Trump.  It doesn't. 
Trump is a windbag, and nobody on the fence about him yesterday is changing their mind because of his tweets today.

For you this is clear.  Isis bad - Trump good.  For many the story is Guns bad - Hillary good.  In the long run I see this event as a net negative for the GOP, because when the media gets finished I believe they will succeed, in the eyes of a majority, in blaming Trump, the NRA, and homophobia for 50 murders.

I hope I'm wrong.  I've been wrong about so much stuff this election, that I am only comfortable making one prediction now.  I predict it will cost Trump more than $100,000 to get Hitlery to his 4th wedding.

#nevertrump more each day

Online DCPatriot

Look at you getting all rigid because you think this tragedy helps Trump.  It doesn't. 
Trump is a windbag, and nobody on the fence about him yesterday is changing their mind because of his tweets today.

For you this is clear.  Isis bad - Trump good.  For many the story is Guns bad - Hillary good.  In the long run I see this event as a net negative for the GOP, because when the media gets finished I believe they will succeed, in the eyes of a majority, in blaming Trump, the NRA, and homophobia for 50 murders.

snip

It was extremely difficult to read your entire post after the first paragraph....but I prevailed.

1)  ELEVEN months prior to 9-11, President Bush had to wait until they counted the chads in Florida before being announce the winner.

2)  POST 9-11, his favorability ratings went thru the roof and 4 years later he beat Kerry by 6 million votes.

You're damned right this attack helped only ONE PERSON.  And his name is Donald Trump.  Pull your head from your nether region, @Once-Ler

Offline MACVSOG68

I hope I'm wrong.  I've been wrong about so much stuff this election, that I am only comfortable making one prediction now.  I predict it will cost Trump more than $100,000 to get Hitlery to his 4th wedding.

I hope you are wrong too.  It's not comfortable to translate things like this into politics, but everyone on both sides is doing it.  Yes the left will blame guns and homophobia, and they already are.  Hillary is blaming guns; Bernie is blaming guns; Obama is blaming guns.  Yet several threads here seem aimed at blaming Trump for politicizing it for his own gain?  Seriously?  Most Americans have to see what this is, and unless Trump completely blows it, of course he can take advantage of this horrible act of terrorism. 

Personally I'm sick of candlelight vigils, forgiveness circles, marches for peace and all the rest of the pathetic efforts to try to "understand" how and why someone does this, and then ultimately concluding if we didn't have access to guns and weren't all homophobic Christians, none of this would have happened.  If Trump can keep the discussion focused on where it should be...on Islamic terrorism, then I'm all for it. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

It was extremely difficult to read your entire post after the first paragraph....but I prevailed.

1)  ELEVEN months prior to 9-11, President Bush had to wait until they counted the chads in Florida before being announce the winner.

2)  POST 9-11, his favorability ratings went thru the roof and 4 years later he beat Kerry by 6 million votes.

You're damned right this attack helped only ONE PERSON.  And his name is Donald Trump.  Pull your head from your nether region, @Once-Ler

You think Trump is willing to go to war over this night club? 

Maybe.

You think America is willing to go to war over this night club? 
Who has their head in their ass?

Online DCPatriot

You think Trump is willing to go to war over this night club? 

Maybe.

You think America is willing to go to war over this night club? 
Who has their head in their ass?

Where did I say Trump would be willing to go to war over this night club?

Come now, @Once-Ler ...you're better than that.

A country will ALWAYS unite behind a leader who won't take sh*t when we're attacked.

They will not unite behind an appeaser.

Offline libertybele

You and I like what he said; but I'm not so sure that this attack will actually help him.  The media and the left are going to have a field day with this one ... the usual, blah, blah, blah about gun control.  IF Trump addresses the country and actually indicates he has some in depth knowledge as to what is going on with ISIS rather than his usual saying 'Believe Me" folks I am great spiel and instead lays out a solid plan as to how he as president would handle the situation then this will help him.  If he can come across as a leader rather than a racist dictator then this will boost his electability.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

You and I like what he said; but I'm not so sure that this attack will actually help him.  The media and the left are going to have a field day with this one ... the usual, blah, blah, blah about gun control.  IF Trump addresses the country and actually indicates he has some in depth knowledge as to what is going on with ISIS rather than his usual saying 'Believe Me" folks I am great spiel and instead lays out a solid plan as to how he as president would handle the situation then this will help him.  If he can come across as a leader rather than a racist dictator then this will boost his electability.

I'm perfectly fine if the LEFT wants to make this election about the 2nd Amendment.

With a Hillary presidency, the 2nd Amendment will be butchered.

With a Trump presidency, the 2nd Amendment will be sacred. 

The choice is simple.

FIVE million NRA members and not once has a member gone postal.   

A country will ALWAYS unite behind a leader who won't take sh*t when we're attacked.

They will not unite behind an appeaser.

Benghazi.

Wingnut

Everyone but Trump could see the optics  dictated the cancellation.   I say everyone but Trump because the pigheaded SOB would never have cancelled the event if he had organised it.

Online DCPatriot

Everyone but Trump could see the optics  dictated the cancellation.   I say everyone but Trump because the pigheaded SOB would never have cancelled the event if he had organised it.

That's crap, too @Wingnut

If they'd play the video of that 2nd plane hitting the WTC tower every night at midnight instead of the Star Spangled Banner for the past 15 years...we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That's crap, too @Wingnut

If they'd play the video of that 2nd plane hitting the WTC tower every night at midnight instead of the Star Spangled Banner for the past 15 years...we wouldn't be having this conversation.

What TV channel shutdown at midnight in the last 15 years?

Wingnut

:shrug:

Online DCPatriot

Didn't say they shut down.

It's called a "Public Service Announcement".   :whistle:

Don't be a doofus....address the argument instead of playing squirrel chased with a tennis racket all the GD time.

Offline libertybele

:shrug:

I stopped watching Late Night after Carson retired.   :silly: :silly:  Come on guys...really?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

People with no Combat experience or military strategy training will tell the enemy what they plan to do them before they do it - Like Obama does now - with zero effectiveness.  I Hope to hell Trump does not give any details of any plan he and his advisers come up to wipe out Islamic Terrorism - so they cannot develop counters to them before they are ever deployed. This is a war of Survival. A clash of civilizations. We cannot  play by politically correct rules and expect to win.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Wingnut

People with no Combat experience or military strategy training will tell the enemy what they plan to do them before they do it - Like Obama does now - with zero effectiveness.  I Hope to hell Trump does not give any details of any plan he and his advisers come up to wipe out Islamic Terrorism - so they cannot develop counters to them before they are ever deployed. This is a war of Survival. A clash of civilizations. We cannot  play by politically correct rules and expect to win.

It is too bad Trump welshed on his obligation to serve his country during Vietnam.  Had he served, we would not be in this situation today.  His troops would have fragged his bloody ass.

Offline kjam22

"Personally I'm sick of candlelight vigils, forgiveness circles, marches for peace and all the rest of the pathetic efforts to try to "understand" how and why someone does this, and then ultimately concluding if we didn't have access to guns and weren't all homophobic Christians, none of this would have happened.  If Trump can keep the discussion focused on where it should be...on Islamic terrorism, then I'm all for it.  "

Yeah.... I'm more on the side of .... you post on social media that you sympathize with ISIS.... we pitch you out of an airplane from 15k feet somewhere over Syria.  We start bombing ISIS with their sympathizers who are over here for a while. 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It will probably redound to Trump's benefit, but only if he appears to not believe it does.  One of the great paradoxes of politics.

Trump being Trump, he'll probably find a way to talk about it and still have it benefit him.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

It is too bad Trump welshed on his obligation to serve his country during Vietnam.  Had he served, we would not be in this situation today.  His troops would have fragged his bloody ass.

Come on, @Wingnut       :laugh:

Personal insult deleted by Mod1
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:59:03 pm by Mod1 »

Wingnut

Come on, @Wingnut   Stop being a fargun icehole.    :laugh:

88sorry88 888oops888 :nothappen: :smokin:

Offline Mod1

DC and Wingnut.  Stop it now! 

Wingnut

DC and Wingnut.  Stop it now!

DC is not bothering me.  Never has.  Never will.  We be Buds!   Right DC?   :beer: