Author Topic: 9th Circuit: Americans Have No Right To Concealed Carry A Gun Outside Home  (Read 1494 times)

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
It's things like this that make me so glad that I live in Texas. 
Let it burn.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Right.  And, given all of that, why on earth did DT donate to her?

Why?  Because he wanted her to win.  What other possible explanation is there.

The real question is why have so many conservatives fallen for his bs.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Charlespg

The courts and legislature/governor of this state have been on an insane anti-gun tear for several months now. Some of the laws they've passed are laughable from a constitutional standpoint but they flat don't care.

They're really throwing off the shackles and dropping pretenses now folks. Tyranny is coming faster than anyone imagined it would.
and gun sales are at a all time high
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline bob434

The courts and legislature/governor of this state have been on an insane anti-gun tear for several months now. Some of the laws they've passed are laughable from a constitutional standpoint but they flat don't care.

They're really throwing off the shackles and dropping pretenses now folks. Tyranny is coming faster than anyone imagined it would.

Exactly, they flat out do not care- neither does our president or the left- they used to at least attempt to hide their disdain for America and for conservatives and for the constitution, but in the last 8 years they hav,e as you say, thrown off the shackles and are stuffing their God-hating, Christian-hating, America-hating agenda in our faces knowing full well that most people will cower in fear and surrender their rights

They tested the waters these last 7 years- pushing pushing pushing to see how much they could get away with- and they found out they can get away with practically anything they like because noone has the backbone to stand up against them in congress- They found out that when a state tries to defy them, all they have to do is threaten to withhold gubmint money, and presto- the state backs down

The America you and i knew in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's is now just a distant memory-

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
It's rapidly coming to the time when states need to nullify federal laws and rulings within their states.  If the federal government refuses to abide by its constitutional restrictions, I don't see why the states should continue to do so.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's rapidly coming to the time when states need to nullify federal laws and rulings within their states.  If the federal government refuses to abide by its constitutional restrictions, I don't see why the states should continue to do so.

Agreed.  Should have already been doing so.

Offline NavyCanDo

What I am reading on my favorite defensive carry forum, and I am hoping they are right, is what this ruling does is keep in place the "May Issue" rather than "Shall Issue" that plaintiff originally sought. This is consistent with the rulings of the 2nd & 3rd Circuits previously. It's the media that is making it sound like a groundbreaking event. HOWEVER, with me living within the confines of the 9th Circuit, i.e., WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, AK, GUAM, HI, ID, MT, and the Northern Mariana Islands, I will be watching where this goes. For we can clearly see that our gun owning California neighbors have been undergoing Death by a Thousand Cuts. They'll keep sniping at the 2A bit by bit, while they sleep till they wake up one day and the 2A will  be a memory.

And what has been happening in CA is clearly visible here in WA. I can hardly buy a semi-auto without seeing these stickers plastered on the cases. In this example my XDs and XDm.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Charlespg

ditto
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline OldSaltUSN

What I am reading on my favorite defensive carry forum, and I am hoping they are right, is what this ruling does is keep in place the "May Issue" rather than "Shall Issue" that plaintiff originally sought. This is consistent with the rulings of the 2nd & 3rd Circuits previously. It's the media that is making it sound like a groundbreaking event. HOWEVER, with me living within the confines of the 9th Circuit, i.e., WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, AK, GUAM, HI, ID, MT, and the Northern Mariana Islands, I will be watching where this goes. For we can clearly see that our gun owning California neighbors have been undergoing Death by a Thousand Cuts. They'll keep sniping at the 2A bit by bit, while they sleep till they wake up one day and the 2A will  be a memory.

And what has been happening in CA is clearly visible here in WA. I can hardly buy a semi-auto without seeing these stickers plastered on the cases. In this example my XDs and XDm.

Washington will be joined at the hip in gun control policy with California and Oregon, within 5 years.   When I left California last fall, I walked into an Idaho gun store, purchased two modern handguns not allowed to be sold in California, along with a generous supply of hi-cap mags, and it took me about 30 minutes from walking in the door to exiting armed.

Quite refreshing. It kinda makes buying firearms habit forming.  I saw a SIG MPX calling to me the other day, and a few silencers for my other weapons, but mama says I have to save for a few "house" thingys before I expect my collection again.   :laugh:

I'm going to get around to getting Idaho's enhanced CCW, but the wait time for the 8 hour course is something like six months.  I don't want to have to unholster and lock up everytime I cross the border.   But as WA becomes more restrictive, I'm just going to avoid doing business on that side of the border.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Makes an Article V convention of states look more appealing all the time doesn't it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Makes an Article V convention of states look more appealing all the time doesn't it?

I've been for it for a long while, and I'm happy to say that my state legislature (Tennessee) has passed the resolution promoted by the Convention of States Project.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline rodamala

It is ridiculous and unconstitutional on its face.

2A exists so that citizens have the right to KEEP arms and BEAR arms (concealed or open-carry) as they break down the door of some activist Federal Judge and effectively resecure what we know as rights to Life, Liberty, and Property.

Home Defense, or Hunting Rights are, conceptually, so far removed from the true intent of 2A.

Offline bob434

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/06/09/9th-circuit/

by AWR Hawkins9 Jun 2016

The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is ruling in favor of California’s “good cause” requirement, saying the Second Amendment does not protect a right to carry a concealed gun in public.

On February 13 2014 Breibart News reported that a panel of judges from the Ninth Circuit struck down California’s “good cause” requirement. Thereafter–under pressure from State Attorney Kamala Harris–the court announced that it would rehear the case en banc. Today that en banc ruling resulted in the “good cause” requirement being upheld and Americans being told they have not right to carry a concealed gun in public.

continued

So what this judge is saying is that noone inside the orlando business had a right to defend themselves against a terrorist- Apparently in this judge's mind, the price we pay for livign in America is to give up our God given right to self protection