Author Topic: 9th Circuit: Americans Have No Right To Concealed Carry A Gun Outside Home  (Read 1493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/06/09/9th-circuit/

by AWR Hawkins9 Jun 2016

The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is ruling in favor of California’s “good cause” requirement, saying the Second Amendment does not protect a right to carry a concealed gun in public.

On February 13 2014 Breibart News reported that a panel of judges from the Ninth Circuit struck down California’s “good cause” requirement. Thereafter–under pressure from State Attorney Kamala Harris–the court announced that it would rehear the case en banc. Today that en banc ruling resulted in the “good cause” requirement being upheld and Americans being told they have not right to carry a concealed gun in public.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

It is ridiculous and unconstitutional on its face.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

by AWR Hawkins9 Jun 2016

The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is ruling in favor of California’s “good cause” requirement, saying the Second Amendment does not protect a right to carry a concealed gun in public.

On February 13 2014 Breibart News reported that a panel of judges from the Ninth Circuit struck down California’s “good cause” requirement. Thereafter–under pressure from State Attorney Kamala Harris–the court announced that it would rehear the case en banc. Today that en banc ruling resulted in the “good cause” requirement being upheld and Americans being told they have not right to carry a concealed gun in public.

continued

So that must mean open carry is the only option in CA.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So that must mean open carry is the only option in CA.
CA passed a law against open carry a couple of years back...

This is a defacto restriction of the inalienable right to BEAR arms anywhere except in one's home.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

This is a defacto restriction of the inalienable right to BEAR arms anywhere except in one's home.

I knew open carry was illegal there.  However, if you cannot carry openly and cannot carry concealed then you can't carry.  Hasn't the SC came out with a ruling that said DC could not limit ownership to just ones home?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online andy58-in-nh

They don't call it the "9th Circus" for nothing. 

Violently, flagrantly unconstitutional and utterly unenforceable, but a Christmas (um, I meant ... "Holiday") present for the criminal class.

FYI - Judge Williams Fletcher was Bill Clinton's Rhodes Scholar classmate. Harvard undergrad and Yale Law, of course.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

I knew open carry was illegal there.  However, if you cannot carry openly and cannot carry concealed then you can't carry.  Hasn't the SC came out with a ruling that said DC could not limit ownership to just ones home?

That's a good point. I would expect this to be appealed up.  But without Scalia, it may lose. 

Offline OldSaltUSN

Pretty much one of the top 3 or 4 reasons I left California last year, taking my business and everything I owned with me.  Lifelong resident, now gone.  My current state is a Constitutional state, with laws reflecting that.  However, I'm fully prepared to go renegade and outlaw to defend my oath, and freedom.  Plus, I won't be Finnigan.  I'll die as Charlton Heston once predicted. 

I won't die alone.

God given, inalienable human rights trump progressive rules, regardless of who is wearing the black fascist robe of the Federal Judiciary.

Offline OldSaltUSN

When the USSC refuses to review this (likely, if a 4-4 tie is anticipated), Heller will be inoperative.

Really, the circuit is complete.  Trump coopted the GOP with a minority of it's voters, Trump will lose 50 states and the Senate, it'll be a 5-4 liberal USSC majority by late February, and your "rights" will be non-existent.  The progs think that this will only impact the 2nd amendment, but the prog justices and liberal lawyers will work to curtail most of the Bill of Rights within 4 years.

This cake is baked.  America's goose is cooked.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:09:07 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@driftdiver

Ok, now I see what you did there.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
When the USSC refuses to review this (likely, if a 4-4 tie is anticipated), Heller will be inoperative.

Really, the circuit is complete.  Trump coopted the GOP with a minority of it's voters, Trump will lose 50 states and the Senate, it'll be a 5-4 liberal USSC majority by late February, and your "rights" will be non-existent.  The progs think that this will only impact the 2nd amendment, but the prog justices and liberal lawyers will work to curtail most of the Bill of Rights within 4 years.

This cake is baked.  American's goose is cooked.
@OldSaltUSN

I can only pray that you're wrong...but the band is warming up...

Online mountaineer

Exactly. The 9th Circuit says you may own a gun, but only if you keep it locked up in a safe and never, ever open it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Unless you are a California politician and you can exempt yourself.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/8/target-ceo-shareholders-transgender-policy/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

I guess the first amendment only applies at home too.

Oceander

It will if Donald Trump has anything to do with it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
They don't call it the "9th Circus" for nothing. 

Violently, flagrantly unconstitutional and utterly unenforceable, but a Christmas (um, I meant ... "Holiday") present for the criminal class.

FYI - Judge Williams Fletcher was Bill Clinton's Rhodes Scholar classmate. Harvard undergrad and Yale Law, of course.

This is also why it's the most overturned court in the country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

This cake is baked.  America's goose is cooked.

Glad I'm getting home before the election so the guns I do buy...I'll be able to bury in a safe spot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

That would be the 9th Circuit's logical conclusion.  :chairbang:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

by AWR Hawkins9 Jun 2016

continued

Isn't this one of the people whom DT has supported?

Oceander

Why yes, yes he did.   Little birdies say he gave her at least $6,000 in campaign contributions. 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@Sanguine

She was elected by the thinnest of margins, the Pubbie came close to winning the AG seat, but this is CA... :shrug:

Trump supported her...she's a red diaper baby...commie through and through and will be elected to the US Senate this year replacing Box 'o Rocks Boxer.  Boxer is bad, Harris is orders of magnitude worse...she's a "believer".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

She was elected by the thinnest of margins, the Pubbie came close to winning the AG seat, but this is CA... :shrug:

Trump supported her...she's a red diaper baby...commie through and through and will be elected to the US Senate this year replacing Box 'o Rocks Boxer.  Boxer is bad, Harris is orders of magnitude worse...she's a "believer".

Right.  And, given all of that, why on earth did DT donate to her?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Right.  And, given all of that, why on earth did DT donate to her?
@Sanguine

Sigh, I wish I knew.  Rats won every seat in that last election...every last one.   :shrug:

And the results have been as expected...

Offline skeeter

The courts and legislature/governor of this state have been on an insane anti-gun tear for several months now. Some of the laws they've passed are laughable from a constitutional standpoint but they flat don't care.

They're really throwing off the shackles and dropping pretenses now folks. Tyranny is coming faster than anyone imagined it would.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The courts and legislature/governor of this state have been on an insane anti-gun tear for several months now. Some of the laws they've passed are laughable from a constitutional standpoint but they flat don't care.

They're really throwing off the shackles and dropping pretenses now folks. Tyranny is coming faster than anyone imagined it would.
@skeeter

I wish I could disagree...but this is absolutely correct.