Author Topic: RUMORS: Scott Walker Would Accept Nomination If Trump Implodes Before Convention  (Read 11466 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Actually Walker is pretty well-liked by the establishment. He has the record of reform with the record of alienating everyone in his own party. As a consensus candidate he could make a strong case if the situation arises.

Anyway, Walker's willingness to be a convention pick has been known for quite some time, about as long as he's been out of the actual primary race, actually.

Originally,  the Koch brothers were supporting him I heard.

Offline r9etb

Meaning "not Cruz" why?  Because you say so?  In a crowded field he came in a strong 2nd.

Because he's creepy and seems dishonest.  He came in 2nd in a remarkably weak Republican field .... which is not the entire electorate.

The GOPe is ultimately to blame for Trump.  Their massive and repeated failures and broken promises as well as out right lies gave us Trump.  They need to step aside so we can replace them with competent and trustworthy leaders  That is STEP ONE to fixing the GOP.

What a handy little demon you've got there -- the dreaded "GOPe".  Yawn. 

As the rules stand now, Cruz is the only one who qualifies on 2nd ballot.

As the rules stand now.... maybe that's true, but if Trump can get thrown out on the first ballot, Cruz can get thrown out on subsequent ballots.  He's not a believable compromise candidate.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:26:54 am by r9etb »

Offline Mechanicos

Looks like we got Mech thinking about this........  hehehe 

Even Mech is having doubts about "The Great Orange One"
Nah, I'm just putting ice water on the delusional Cruz bots who are still holding out hope he can come from behind and still pull it off.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Because he's creepy and seems dishonest.  He came in 2nd in a remarkably weak Republican field .... which is not the entire electorate.

What a handy little demon you've got there -- the dreaded "GOPe".  Yawn. 

As the rules stand now.... maybe that's true, but if Trump can get thrown out on the first ballot, Cruz can get thrown out on subsequent ballots.  He's not a believable compromise candidate.

Let's first eliminate lying liberal fraud stumpy, and argue about the replacement at the  Convention, after consigning stumpy to the landfill.
Former Republican.

geronl

The problem with Cruz is that he's not a winning candidate -- ideological purity ("strict consitutionalist," if you will) aside, he comes across as oily and opportunistic, and that won't play well with the broader electorate.   

Trump and the media created that false image.

Meanwhile Trump comes across as a vile, vulgar, perverted, con-man and we all know those are real attributes.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Try as he might Trump can't implode enough to where his supporters would abandon him and such a substitution won't split the party.

I would rather have a split party and loose than have Trump engineer his worker party out of the Ashes of Republican Conservatism.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline r9etb

Nope.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nope.

Oh, yes, they did.  And, it's going to bite him in the a$$.

Offline Mechanicos

Meanwhile Trump comes across as a vile, vulgar, perverted, con-man and we all know those are real attributes.

Actually no he does not come across as that at all. Those are democrat talking point labels and as the Primary showed they did not sell well to voters. Same with the polls recently.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Lando Lincoln

Actually no he does not come across as that at all...

Based on my observations; watching him, listening to him... Yes, yes he does. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

Actually no he does not come across as that at all. Those are democrat talking point labels and as the Primary showed they did not sell well to voters. Same with the polls recently.

Actually yes, he does come across that way, and worse.  That's the truth, not some fantasy talking points. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ugly isn't just in the eye of the beholder. Anyone who is a successful businessman who has to resort to using cutesy pejoratives before the first name of anyone he is in disagreement with is operating on a grade school playground bully level.  ("Dopey Prince Al-Walid", "Crooked Hillary", and others).

There is no shortage, in that environment nor this of people who will take up the taunt, but that doesn't make it true.

That so many Americans would fall for that nonsense is an indictment of our culture, to be sure, but for a prospective head of State to conduct themselves in that manner is an embarrassment at best.

Is this how he is going to treat the few allies we have left if they disagree?

Is he going to slander the JCS and expect performance later? The Cabinet? The Congress? Even the scumbags in our government have a point where they will not take being ridiculed and humiliated and will strike back, in whatever way they can, even if it is just mass resignations.

He has already alienated a number of conservatives not willing to kiss his ass for the promise of position or power. That may be enough to cost him the election, even in the face of Hillary as an alternative. If he can polarize the party with his vile behaviour to the extent that there are many who would not vote for him in his own party, what do you think that portends for the future of a Trump Administration?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline r9etb

Oh, yes, they did.  And, it's going to bite him in the a$$.

Whatever.  I didn't need the media or Trump to give me the idea that Cruz is untrustworthy.  I just had to pay attention to Cruz himself.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Is everybody back and seated in the circle, for the day's activities?

Okay, you may resume fantasizing who you will select in the convention.

By way of learning FACTS, the California delegates are chosen by the candidates.

I would assume many/most states' delegates are tied to candidates, too.

https://www.cagop.org/national-delegation/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Whatever.  I didn't need the media or Trump to give me the idea that Cruz is untrustworthy.  I just had to pay attention to Cruz himself.

LOL - as in "to hell with facts, I just don't like the guy".   And, that's fine. 

It's when you go about trying to justify your dislike by making things up and saying things not backed up by facts that your commentary becomes dishonest and slanderous.  In fact, doing so is a leftist tactic.

Offline r9etb

LOL - as in "to hell with facts, I just don't like the guy".   And, that's fine. 

It's when you go about trying to justify your dislike by making things up and saying things not backed up by facts that your commentary becomes dishonest and slanderous.  In fact, doing so is a leftist tactic.

My, my.... a fit of the vapors for you, ma'am?

The very fact that he's pulling an Obama and running before the end of his first term in the Senate says that Cruz is over-ambitious -- which is something backed up by people who "knew him when."

Beyond that, his demeanor is quite off-putting, even reptilian: there's an "ick" factor about the guy.  Don't take it from me, go ahead and ask people outside your echo chamber how they perceive him, and you'll get the point.

Offline sitetest

The more I listened to Sen. Cruz, the better I liked him.  I find him warm, friendly, funny, compassionate, a good listener, and really, really, smart.  He's someone I would value as a friend.

It is liberal lying fraud don who lied incessantly about the Senator that hurt the Senator's reputation.  A treasonous act.
Former Republican.

Offline r9etb

The more I listened to Sen. Cruz, the better I liked him.  I find him warm, friendly, funny, compassionate, a good listener, and really, really, smart.  He's someone I would value as a friend.

It is liberal lying fraud don who lied incessantly about the Senator that hurt the Senator's reputation.  A treasonous act.

Not disputing Cruz's intelligence, and certainly Trump's character assassination did him no good.  But he really doesn't come across well to those not already disposed to like him.  We'll have to disagree on that point.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
But he really doesn't come across well to those not already disposed to like him.  We'll have to disagree on that point.

Yeah, I see him as someone who is very adept at preaching to the converted.  But I don't see him as having the ability to convert anyone....

Offline sitetest

Not disputing Cruz's intelligence, and certainly Trump's character assassination did him no good.  But he really doesn't come across well to those not already disposed to like him.  We'll have to disagree on that point.

I wasn't initially predisposed to like him.  I'd adopted the general prejudice of, he's smart enough, he's conservative enough, but he's not very likable.  Then I  just started listening to him talking with regular people.  And found him wildly likeable.  Not sure what that may say about me. *hmmmm*
Former Republican.

Offline sitetest

Yeah, I see him as someone who is very adept at preaching to the converted.  But I don't see him as having the ability to convert anyone....

I think that "ability to convert" may be different from "likability."  Ability to convert is often found in those who manipulate our emotions, and may not always be likable or even trustworthy.  lying don is an excellent example.

Sen. Cruz appeals logically to another's intellect, and comes off worst when he tries to emulate the lying don's emotional manipulations.  At those times, he seems like he doesn't feel comfortable with what he's saying.  But when he sticks to facts, logic, and reason, he's personable funny, quick-witted, and, at least to me, highly persuasive.  The emotional sleaze of lying don turns me off.
Former Republican.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The very fact that he's pulling an Obama and running before the end of his first term in the Senate says that Cruz is over-ambitious -- which is something backed up by people who "knew him when."

Beyond that, his demeanor is quite off-putting, even reptilian: there's an "ick" factor about the guy.  Don't take it from me, go ahead and ask people outside your echo chamber how they perceive him, and you'll get the point.

Well, you are persistent, regardless of how wrong you may be.

And, just FYI:  "vapors" does not work with "LOL". 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wasn't initially predisposed to like him.  I'd adopted the general prejudice of, he's smart enough, he's conservative enough, but he's not very likable.  Then I  just started listening to him talking with regular people.  And found him wildly likeable.  Not sure what that may say about me. *hmmmm*

That does appear to be the difference; those who actually know what they are talking about have a wildly different opinion than those who get their news from the dinosaur media or TOS.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Cruz is a law nerd. Now take another look. No, he doesn't come off like captain of the football team, like someone who is at home in the spotlight. Nor would I expect him to. Unlike another fellow, and in contrast to him, he does seem out of place and uncomfortable, but that other fellow has made his living off of public presence (and, imho, bloody little else). He has even had all the practice a reality TV 'star' gets. He's used to the spotlight, in fact, craves it.

So, if Cruz comes off as less self assured (easily mistaken for not being completely forthright) or lacking the 'confidence', that just might be from not being such an accomplished actor.

Thankfully, the last actor we had in line for the White House was a fairly Conservative fellow who was in love with America. This time, we are not so lucky.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Trump has the biggest ick factor in history. He's been to Jeff Epsteins island...