Author Topic: RUMORS: Scott Walker Would Accept Nomination If Trump Implodes Before Convention  (Read 11470 times)

Offline bolobaby

I voted for Cruz. If a contested convention could not settle on Cruz, I would be satisfied with Walker.

But #NeverTrump.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If any Substitutions happen it will not be for anybody you guys want, It will be PURE Establishment like Bush. No Cruz, no Walker, no anybody you want. There are not enough Cruz delegates to do anything now. Most are GOPe

Bush? Hahaha, never. GOPe knows that would be suicide IMO.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
I voted for Cruz. If a contested convention could not settle on Cruz, I would be satisfied with Walker.

But #NeverTrump.

I would vote for a random person out of any given phone book before Trump.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Mechanicos

Bush? Hahaha, never. GOPe knows that would be suicide IMO.
Real world anybody done that way will be suicide.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Real world anybody done that way will be suicide.

Making Trump the official nominee instead of the presumtive nominee will be suicide.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
PPP poll just came out showing Trump and Hillary tied in PA. I know it might be the "Bernie effect" but the judge thing doesn't seem to be hurting Trump, amazing. Maybe orange has some sort of anti-gaffe powers that we aren't aware of yet!

I'm believe it when I see it.  We have been waiting for PA to vote GOP since George H.W. Bush defeated Dukakis.  The problem is when the PA mafia stops counting the union and liberal votes in Pittsburgh and move on to Philadelphia, the DEMs always seem to win.  If "The Donald" can't win Florida, he must win PA to even have a chance to 270.
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline musiclady

And that person would be a better President.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ScottinVA

Scott Walker would easily get my support.
I was for Scott Walker before I was for Ted Cruz before I was for Darrell Castle

Not the most dynamic personality, but he has a rock-solid record of conservative achievements in Wisconsin

Absolutely.  He was my candidate from the start until he bowed out.  If he were to launch a run, he'd have my wholehearted support.

Offline ScottinVA

I'm believe it when I see it.  We have been waiting for PA to vote GOP since George H.W. Bush defeated Dukakis.  The problem is when the PA mafia stops counting the union and liberal votes in Pittsburgh and move on to Philadelphia, the DEMs always seem to win.  If "The Donald" can't win Florida, he must win PA to even have a chance to 270.

No chance whatsoever Trump wins PA.  If he can't win FL (which he won't), game over. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wizards of wonderment:

--He won't run
--He won't get past Iowa
--He won't reach 30%
--He won't reach 50%
--He won't reach 1,237
--Author French to the rescue
--The day after reaching 1,500+ delegates, and more primary votes than Romney, he won't counterpunch

Best reconvene Sea Island VI, bring in Bill Kristol and Karl Rove, come up with a new plan, Stan.

(Here is a clue: the people that voted for Trump don't give a phlying phuque about the next scheme. Trump just won easily in the most closed primary, California. Those voters last night are registered Republicans)

"FLASHBACK: Justice Sonia Sotomayor Says Ethnicity 'Will Make Difference In Our Judging'"

That is the other clue

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Wizards of wonderment:

--He won't run
--He won't get past Iowa
--He won't reach 30%
--He won't reach 50%
--He won't reach 1,237
--Author French to the rescue
--The day after reaching 1,500+ delegates, and more primary votes than Romney, he won't counterpunch

Best reconvene Sea Island VI, bring in Bill Kristol and Karl Rove, come up with a new plan, Stan.

(Here is a clue: the people that voted for Trump don't give a phlying phuque about the next scheme. Trump just won easily in the most closed primary, California. Those voters last night are registered Republicans)

"FLASHBACK: Justice Sonia Sotomayor Says Ethnicity 'Will Make Difference In Our Judging'"

That is the other clue

So you contend that Trump will take California?

What about Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio?    He can probably win New York but thats about it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

867-5309
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:01:53 pm by Wingnut »

Offline musiclady

Scott Walker would easily get my support.
I was for Scott Walker before I was for Ted Cruz before I was for Darrell Castle

Not the most dynamic personality, but he has a rock-solid record of conservative achievements in Wisconsin

I agree 100%.  Walker would make an outstanding President.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

What about Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio?    He can probably win New York but thats about it.

You might try reading my post again, more carefully. It read "closed primary, California." No more, no less.

But I will expand for your full understanding. Only registered Republicans voted yester day for Trump in California, not independents or democrats. It is now the most closed primary in the nation.

Therefore it means Trump won the state primary to reflect the will of GOP voters.

If late in the game, a small elite clique of experts are going to opine who would win, why hold the primaries?

This thread started with a "rumor" Walker would accept. Not a fact, not even the circumstances whereby the nomination wouldn't go to Mr. Trump.

Math and logic not a strong suit, of some "true conservatives," or we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This is a "disruptive" election cycle. True conservatives not dealing with it, well. Behaving like we just went through rehearsal, not the real primary elections.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline r9etb

867-5309

OOOoooh!  First Woman President!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Walker was smart. He didn't compromise himself as bad as Cruz did. Remember that Donald cannibalized every candidate and Cruz praised Trump up until December, when Trump turned on him.

Walker got out with his dignity, Cruz and Rubio, not as much.

No, I don't remember it that way at all.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump already splits the party.  That's a done deal.

The rightful replacement would be Cruz.  The arrogant establishment higher ups would rather have Trump than Cruz.  Past revisited.  As for Walker, he would be fine enough, but his strength as a national candidate already failed early on.  So he would be a curious choice.  The fact that he endorsed Trump shows that weakness, imo.  But I do think he has more national potential than we have yet seen, it is a funny time to gamble.  Still, I would take it in that team Trump hasn't really succeeded at smearing him, in fact they failed big time in Wisconsin.  I appreciate that Walker helped Cruz and it seemed sincere. 

There were things I did not love about Walker the first time around.  Apparently I was not alone.  Cruz would be so much better, but Walker would be so much better than Trump or Hillary.  I would want to bargain:  I'll take Walker as the nominee if McConnell will resign and be replaced by Mike Lee or Ted Cruz.

I would hope that if Trump implodes... this is a big IF as nothing he does seems to put a dent into his fanatic supporters .... but if saner heads prevail and the convention manages to dump Trump, they absolutely need to go with Ted Cruz.  He is second in delegates.  He is a true conservative and he has not put a foot wrong.

I like Walker, but Cruz is the better man and the better candidate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Wingnut

OOOoooh!  First Woman President!

For the price of a dime!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
No, I don't remember it that way at all.

Look, I like Cruz. I voted for Rubio but like Cruz. Cruz was praising Donald up until December though. That makes me think he has judgement issues.

Offline unknown

Trump already splits the party.  That's a done deal.

The rightful replacement would be Cruz.....

Yes, Trump did split the party. But just last week or so he says that we are now supposed to now love Ted Cruz. That Ted Cruz is no longer a liar.

See? Trump is bringing back the party from the split... "< /s >" Of course, don't tell that to anyone over at TOS. To them, Lying Ted is, and always will be, Lying Ted. Trump did such a hatchet job lying about Ted Cruz, that it will be impossible to rebuild that bridge.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

HonestJohn

He not going to win New York.  Democrats outnumber Republican by a 2-1 margin.

I highly doubt that he'll win Florida, as his whole schtick is anti-Hispanic, which *WILL* motivate the Hispanic vote to actually come out and vote.  Hillary has been doing very well with both African-American and Hispanic voters.

Ohio, I don't really know.  I think that their support for Kasich will blunt Trump and allow Hillary to squeak out a victory.

Pennsylvania will be split, with Pittsburgh and Philly going for Clinton and the mid-section for Trump.  However, there are more voters in Pittsburgh and Philly than the mid-section.  So it'll likely go for Hillary.

Texas is the only sure win for Trump, as Texans would likely even vote for General Zod (to rule over planet Houston) if he has an (R) by the name.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish

I can't remember the exact math, but Trump got beat by Bernie (who came in second in NY) by a ratio of 2:1.

So it's more like 4:1.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

HonestJohn

I can't remember the exact math, but Trump got beat by Bernie (who came in second in NY) by a ratio of 2:1.

So it's more like 4:1.

I'm just going by the number of registered voters.  There are roughly 6 million registered Democrats in New York and about 2.7 million registered Republicans.

You are probably looking at the NYC rolls.  There it is a 4-1 ratio.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:51:38 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

What makes him think he's second in line to the throne anyways

Offline musiclady

I highly doubt that he'll win Florida, as his whole schtick is anti-Hispanic, which *WILL* motivate the Hispanic vote to actually come out and vote.  Hillary has been doing very well with both African-American and Hispanic voters.

Ohio, I don't really know.  I think that their support for Kasich will blunt Trump and allow Hillary to squeak out a victory.

Pennsylvania will be split, with Pittsburgh and Philly going for Clinton and the mid-section for Trump.  However, there are more voters in Pittsburgh and Philly than the mid-section.  So it'll likely go for Hillary.

Texas is the only sure win for Trump, as Texans would likely even vote for General Zod (to rule over planet Houston) if he has an (R) by the name.

Ohio Republicans thoroughly rejected Trump.  Ohio Democrats embraced Hillary.

She will win Ohio. 

There's no way Independents who want everyone to get along will support vulgar, misogynist, nasty ol Donald.