Author Topic: RUMORS: Scott Walker Would Accept Nomination If Trump Implodes Before Convention  (Read 11469 times)

Offline musiclady

What makes him think he's second in line to the throne anyways

I don't think there's any indication that he does.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline r9etb

if saner heads prevail and the convention manages to dump Trump, they absolutely need to go with Ted Cruz.  He is second in delegates.  He is a true conservative and he has not put a foot wrong.

If it gets to the point of dumping Trump, the number of delegates pretty much ceases to matter (after all, they'd have dumped the guy with the most delegates).

The problem with Cruz is that he's not a winning candidate -- ideological purity ("strict consitutionalist," if you will) aside, he comes across as oily and opportunistic, and that won't play well with the broader electorate.  Nor can I see Cruz being a compromise candidate (which any non-Trump candidate would have to be). 

Kasich has all along been positioning himself for the role of "compromise candidate," which is pretty much the only reason he stayed in the race, and it's not unreasonable that he could emerge as such.

But all of this depends on whether or not the delegates of the Republican Convention are lemmings.  I'm afraid that there will be more than enough lemmings available to nominate Trump.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

PPP poll just came out showing Trump and Hillary tied in PA. I know it might be the "Bernie effect" but the judge thing doesn't seem to be hurting Trump, amazing. Maybe orange has some sort of anti-gaffe powers that we aren't aware of yet!

Trump has had anti-gaffe powers all along, but it is too early for the fallout to be reflected in polls.

Wingnut

Silver Pines

I could support Scott Walker if he ran, but I'm doubtful that he could win.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
I could support Scott Walker if he ran, but I'm doubtful that he could win.

Let's imagine the delegates vote their conscience. . . .. . who should the candidate be?  Not a RINO.  And, while I am a Cruz guy, not Cruz, either.  Damaged goods at the moment. 

Who?  Who is liked and respected by all sides?  Quirky?  Constitutionally conservative?  An outsider?

Rand Paul.

That's who they should go for.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump has had anti-gaffe powers all along, but it is too early for the fallout to be reflected in polls.
No its there and like all the other attacks on him the People are smarter then the media, Democrats and #neverTrump. See its liberals who use the race card. And the anti PC-crowd is sick of the liberal's Race card. Besides the Judge is not a victim, hes the racist and is in the wrong.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Look, I like Cruz. I voted for Rubio but like Cruz. Cruz was praising Donald up until December though. That makes me think he has judgement issues.

Very faint praise at the most. 

Offline r9etb

Rand Paul.

Trump with better hair....

Offline r9etb

No its there and like all the other attacks on him the People are smarter then the media, Democrats and #neverTrump. See its liberals who use the race card. And the anti PC-crowd is sick of the liberal's Race card. Besides the Judge is not a victim, hes the racist and is in the wrong.

^^^ This is what an echo chamber looks like in print. ^^^

Offline Lando Lincoln

(((((( **helloooo**))))))
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

I have many other words for it.

"Not true"  and "leftist nonsense"  are at the top of the list.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

Let's imagine the delegates vote their conscience. . . .. . who should the candidate be?  Not a RINO.  And, while I am a Cruz guy, not Cruz, either.  Damaged goods at the moment. 

Who?  Who is liked and respected by all sides?  Quirky?  Constitutionally conservative?  An outsider?

Rand Paul.

I could vote for Rand.  The issue I have with the guy is that his face always looks pinched and a bit sour.  At the debates, he frequently came off as angry.  He'd have to work on that to appeal to the general electorate.

I so love your avatar.

Offline r9etb

(((((( **helloooo**))))))

((((( Now batting ..... Manny Mota Mota Mota ))))

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would vote for a random person out of any given phone book before Trump.

Unreasonable post. What if the random guy you pick is named Khaled Mashaal? I'm sure he would welcome your support. Anyone who thinks that Trump is the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to America, has no idea of all the things that are out there which are far worse.

I would support Walker or Cruz, but I still think Trump has the best chance to beat Hillary. He is old, but he is rich, media, and new-media, savvy and he is seen as a cool-cat-daddy'o about town. Hillary is seen, even by most Democrats, as a frail, out of touch, Grandma, figure.

I would also like to compliment the posters on this thread for their restraint and thoughtful posts. Most people are throwing poop at each other by now, on page three. lol
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

I still think Trump has the best chance to beat Hillary. He is old, but he is rich, media, and new-media, savvy and he is seen as a cool-cat-daddy'o about town. Hillary is seen, even by most Democrats, as a frail, out of touch, Grandma, figure.

And Trump is seen by most people as a loon.  Given the choice between the two.... well, there's no good choice.

Offline musiclady

And Trump is seen by most people as a loon.  Given the choice between the two.... well, there's no good choice.

Evil vs. Evil.

No matter who wins, the result is a disaster for America, and in turn, the world.

Trump has turned me from an optimist into a pessimist.  I don't think the Republic survives either his or Hillary's election.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
If any Substitutions happen it will not be for anybody you guys want, It will be PURE Establishment like Bush. No Cruz, no Walker, no anybody you want. There are not enough Cruz delegates to do anything now. Most are GOPe

Looks like we got Mech thinking about this........  hehehe 

Even Mech is having doubts about "The Great Orange One"

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Oceander

If any Substitutions happen it will not be for anybody you guys want, It will be PURE Establishment like Bush. No Cruz, no Walker, no anybody you want. There are not enough Cruz delegates to do anything now. Most are GOPe

Speak for yourself.  Even Bush would be a distinct improvement over Trump and I could vote for him. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I read Walker's book.

He has been such a hard public worker; I think on some issues, he's a bit inexperienced especially per foreign affairs. He wasn't ready this last time. I think this story is mainly puff; I can't see the convention deciding for him.

But I'd vote for him.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:24:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Actually Walker is pretty well-liked by the establishment. He has the record of reform without {fixed} the record of alienating everyone in his own party. As a consensus candidate he could make a strong case if the situation arises.

Anyway, Walker's willingness to be a convention pick has been known for quite some time, about as long as he's been out of the actual primary race, actually.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:43:18 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
Unreasonable post. What if the random guy you pick is named Khaled Mashaal? I'm sure he would welcome your support. Anyone who thinks that Trump is the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to America, has no idea of all the things that are out there which are far worse.

I would support Walker or Cruz, but I still think Trump has the best chance to beat Hillary. He is old, but he is rich, media, and new-media, savvy and he is seen as a cool-cat-daddy'o about town. Hillary is seen, even by most Democrats, as a frail, out of touch, Grandma, figure.

I would also like to compliment the posters on this thread for their restraint and thoughtful posts. Most people are throwing poop at each other by now, on page three. lol

Statistically unlikely.  I'd take the chance.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline musiclady

Speak for yourself.  Even Bush would be a distinct improvement over Trump and I could vote for him.

Trump's hideousness has made EVERYONE look good by comparison......

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny....since....I initially wanted a Cruz/Walker or Walker/Cruz ticket all along.  I still doubt that I'll get it.  But it's a nice dream.
That was my preferred ticket, too (Cruz/Walker).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis