Author Topic: Why are "conservatives" so in intolerant?  (Read 3995 times)

PaleoConPrep

Why are "conservatives" so in intolerant?
« on: June 04, 2016, 10:43:32 pm »
Before yall go crazy, let me explain some ting. I'm not asking this question the same way some dumb Liberal would. Here's what I mean. I used to listen to talk radio hosts like Limbaugh, Hanity, and Levin( stopped listening a year ago) i laughed at  Levin daily. He would tLk about how the Left was "Fascist"( a term he knows nothing about) and claim that they are against free speach.( I agree with him on this) However, whenever someone who didn't agree with him calked in, he wouldn't let them talk, call them names, and then hang up. He is a radical Zionist which also amuses me. Anyone who did not support Israel was an Anti-Semite in his book. He'd call great men like Ron Paul crackpots. He's taken swipes at my man Pat Buchanan, but he's never directly stated why he dislikes Pat. I'd dare Levin to invite Pat onto his show, but he knows he would be crushed. I despise all of these NeoCons. The same thing happened on these forums. Pat Buchanan is called al, sorts of names for no reason. Something I HATE about modern conservatism is its close-minded intolerance of other forms of conservatism.  You see this a lot with the NeverTrump crowd. Sorry to break it to you guys, but yall would be Democrats in the early 20th century. What's known as "Conservatismm" today is Neoliberalism.  I'm a staunch Paleoconservative affinities for Traditionalist Conservatism, the Dark Enlightenment, and the neoreactionary movement.  If you want to know what real conservatism looks like read the following authors.( all have influenced me to some degree)

1. Pat Buchanan
2. Edmund Burke
3. Russell Kirk
4. Paul Gottfried
5. Francis Parker Yockey
6. Julius Evola
7. Robert Nisbet
8. Oswald Spengler
9. James Burnham 
10.  Joseph de Maistre
11. Sam Francis
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:33:25 pm by PaleoConPrep »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Why are "conservatives" so in intolerant?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 11:20:44 pm »
Oswald Spengler.

These all sound interesting.

Looks like a real intellectual exercise to trace down these folks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:21:35 pm by TomSea »

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 11:25:55 pm »
Oswald Spengler.

These all sound interesting.

Looks like a real intellectual exercise to trace down these folks.

FYI...

The family changed the "e" to an "a" after  resettling to America.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:46:37 pm »
Why are "conservatives" so in intolerant?

Because their enemies say they are.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 11:54:56 pm »
Here's another question - why is it conservatives are the only ones who are ever asked to compromise?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:41 am »
Why are Principled Conservatives the only ones who are ever called 'intolerant'??

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 12:06:13 am »
I'm not angry with anyone, and I'm not asking anyone to compromise. I just don't like the way NeoCons think their "conservatism" is the only Conservatism. I'm tired of fake Evangelicals like Ted Cruz pandering to the dumb NeoCon masses. If you want a real conservative Christian, check out Chuck Baldwin. The Constitution Party is Conservatism at its best. Forget the Reoublicrat Party.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 12:12:07 am »
I'm not angry with anyone, and I'm not asking anyone to compromise. I just don't like the way NeoCons think their "conservatism" is the only Conservatism. I'm tired of fake Evangelicals like Ted Cruz pandering to the dumb NeoCon masses. If you want a real conservative Christian, check out Chuck Baldwin. The Constitution Party is Conservatism at its best. Forget the Reoublicrat Party.

You are essentially preaching to the choir in terms of a huge number of us who are done with the GOP, excepting the Trump supporters who have gone all-in with the Establishment of that Oligarchy.

But it does not serve your interests to go insulting Conservative Christians, evangelicals and Representatives like Cruz and declare them dumb neocons or not 'real' Conservatives'.  Leave that for the Left and the Ruling Class GOP to continue doing.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 12:15:36 am »

Define "neocon". Be as specific as you can.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 12:16:31 am »
You are essentially preaching to the choir in terms of a huge number of us who are done with the GOP, excepting the Trump supporters who have gone all-in with the Establishment of that Oligarchy.

But it does not serve your interests to go insulting Conservative Christians, evangelicals and Representatives like Cruz and declare them dumb neocons or not 'real' Conservatives'.  Leave that for the Left and the Ruling Class GOP to continue doing.
Well I'm a Trump supporter( we can talk about that a bit later) But let me ask you something. You say that you don't like me saying that Ted Cruz isn't a real conservative. OK. Are you willing to say that the people I listed at the beginning of this post are "real conservatives" or will you just call all of them names like the Left does?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 12:20:19 am »
Well I'm a Trump supporter( we can talk about that a bit later) But let me ask you something. You say that you don't like me saying that Ted Cruz isn't a real conservative. OK. Are you willing to say that the people I listed at the beginning of this post are "real conservatives" or will you just call all of them names like the Left does?

I would wager my entire retirement savings that Cruz has read most of the more significant works of a majority of the thinkers you've mentioned.

On the other hand, I'd be shocked to learn that Trump could identify three of the names, let alone quote anything from their writing or describe what ideas they are famous for.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:22:59 am by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 12:27:14 am »

What kind of a question is that? 

Where did I call any of those people on your list names like the Left does???????

Methinks you may have a predetermined animus to fire at anyone who doesn't agree with you.  Not a great way to win influence or persuade anyone to your points.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 12:41:16 am »

I don't know some of the names but I do know that after about 1995, I would never associate Pat Buchanan with conservatism.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 12:42:37 am »
Trump has nothing at all in common with conservatives.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 12:47:17 am »
Conservatism is a set of principles that don't flip-flop 3 times in one interview, the principles do not change.

Conservatism is not situational.

Lying is an anti-conservative ethic.

Conservatism does not follow a personality like a cult.

Trump is very much the opposite of conservatism.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 01:01:53 am »
Define "neocon". Be as specific as you can.
I'll tell you what a NeoCon is, and then I'll tell you how I differ from them.
A NeoCon is someone who believes in, or supports the following things.
1. A fairly interventionist foreign policy, foreign aid, and continued maintnance of foreign U.S military bases. They are usually radical Zionists, or at least moderate Zionists. Isreal is a huge deal for them, and some even seem to put Israel's interests before those of the U.S,( I am a semi-Isolationist on foreign policy. Although you guys would probably call me an Isolationist. I would get the U.S out of ALL unneeded foreign entanglements (that includes the Middle East) I would get rid of ALL U.S foreign military bases. I would end ALL foreign aid immediately. Finally, I'd get the U.S out of the UN and the UN out of the U.S. Isreal is it's own nation, and must take care of itself)
2. They believe in some form of an income tax. Although they emphasize the they'd like it to be low. Some NeoCons (like Rubio) have the highest rate at 35%, while others like Ted Cruz support something like a 10% flat tax.(I would repeal the 16th Amendment, and replace the income tax with a small tariff.)
3, This is not always the case, but I find that a lot of NeoCons will say something like this when it comes to abortion. "I don't support abbortion EXCEPT in cases of rape and incest "This is an illogical, and in some ways evil position to hold. So what you're saying is that a baby that's concieved the normal way deserves to live, but a baby that is concieved through rape or incest must die. Why? What has the baby done? It is not the fault of the baby if a woman is raped. The woman MUST have the child)
4. They support free-trade (while free-trade may be good for the world economy, it kills the middle class. I would slap high tariffs on all foreign imports, and build the factories here. We need to free ourselves from  the world economy. We must be as self sufficient as we can be, only taking imports when we can't make the product here. Please don't cry to me and say that Americans will have "less choices" or that "things might be more expensive" That's fine with me. You guys need to understand that our culutre and our families are WAY more important than economics._
5. They don't dare to question all of the "civil rights" and freedoms that people should have. They have a good view of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.( The 1964 Civil Rights Act was one of the worst laws ever passed in U.S history. It gave the federal government a HUGE amount of power. They could accuse someone of discrimination, and force them to do things they don't want. I would repeal the 1964 Civil Rights Act. I don't believe that private companies should be forced to follow "civil rights" laws. Government has no right to such power. Private companies are free to hire and fire who they'd like, for any reason. The 64 Civil Rights Act has lead to affirmative action, and now they are using it for bleep and "transgender" people)
6. You'll never hear NeoCons talk about birth rates or gender roles( As a strong believer in traditional gender roles, I believe that if a man makes enough money to feed, clothe, and shelter, the family, the place of the woman is in the home taking care of the family, and keeping house.This is WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Men and women have different roles. The man must work, while the woman's  duty is motherhood and housekeeping. I also can't believe that NeoCons never talk about American birth rates.  Contraception killed America. Every family should have as many kids as possible. ( if that means 10 kids, then so be it. They should CERTAINLY have at least 5) Today, most couples get married at an older age than they used to, and usually have at most 3 kids. I here idiots say things like "4 is such a big family" This is shuch BS. And don't tell me "I can't afford it" My Latin teacher is a traditional Catholic, who makes around 75k a year(he's been teaching for a while now) He has 8 kids, and wants more!( he would've had 9, but one of his kids was stillborn) When I asked him how he could afford to pay for so many kids, he sternly admonished me and said " People spend money on al sorts of junk.  Huge TVs, nice cars,  and other crap they don't need. If people stopped being so materialistic, everyone could have a big family" That statement has stuck with me ever since, and from that day I promised myself that I will be like this man. No matter what my economic situation, I will have a large family. NeoCons talk a lot about "family values" but they'll never say what I just said)
That's it! If you guys are willing to accept me with my views, I'll hive you the same respect.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 01:07:17 am »
1. A fairly interventionist foreign policy, foreign aid, and continued maintnance of foreign U.S military bases. They are usually radical Zionists, or at least moderate Zionists.

I stopped reading right there.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 01:09:41 am »
I stopped reading right there.
See what I mean? There's the intolerance.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 01:11:50 am »
See what I mean? There's the intolerance.

How am I being intolerant?

Am I protesting your ability to post your views?

Or is being "tolerant" require that we have to agree with your point of view?????

As I said earlier you have a predetermined animus to fire at anyone who doesn't agree with you.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 01:16:16 am »
How am I being intolerant?

Am I protesting your ability to post your views?

Or is being "tolerant" require that we have to agree with your point of view?????

As I said earlier you have a predetermined animus to fire at anyone who doesn't agree with you.
You don't understand what I mean. Tolerance means tat even if you disagree with me, you  see me as a fellow conservative.  You say you are a Conservative. I say I am a Conservative. We disagree on issues. What gives you the right to say that you are a conservative, but I'm not? I could just as easily say YOU are not a conservative. If Conservatism is subjective, then why even use the word? There are different types of Conservatism( NeoCons, PaleoCons, Conservative Libertarians and so on)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:17:51 am by PaleoConPrep »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 01:18:56 am »
1. A fairly interventionist foreign policy, foreign aid, and continued maintnance of foreign U.S military bases. They are usually radical Zionists, or at least moderate Zionists.

To me, when one uses the term "Zionist", it comes off as a loaded term that I think people are unsure of how to take.

Now, the first sentence here is what I think is quite clearly, what Neo-Cons (like Krauthammer) are thought to be:
A fairly interventionist foreign policy, foreign aid, and continued maintnance of foreign U.S military bases.

Essentially, that first emboldened part especially.

I believe Charles Krauthammer seems to be the epitome of what a Neo-Con is thought to be and that other fellow, I forget his name. Influenced Bush to go to war in Iraq.

At the least, I think this is something to note.

This would seem to be Buchananism.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2016, 01:19:41 am »

Pat Buchanan is anti-semitic.  Sam Francis was an outright racist.   And I can back those accusations up.

They don't dare to question all of the "civil rights" and freedoms that people should have. They have a good view of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.( The 1964 Civil Rights Act was one of the worst laws ever passed in U.S history.

Your further elaboration of one of the tenets of being a neo-con defines you as a racist, too, bub.  No wonder you like Sam Francis.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:24:27 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 01:19:51 am »
It looks like your anti-Semitism is still strong, Paleo.  I mean, seriously, you have an issue with Israel's existence and always discount any Middle Eastern government statements seeking its destruction.

BTW, have you found a college to attend, yet?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 01:23:28 am »
I was for Ted Cruz in the primary season; I do think Cruz more than anything else, sounded much like Rush Limbaugh in the end.  I hear these other criticisms of Cruz.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 01:28:49 am »
Oh Man! Sinkspur! The Zionists are after me again! LOL! An anti-Semite is someone who hates Jews because they're Jewish. I do not believe that America should support Israel in any way. How does that make me an Anti-Semite? Give me a break guys! Im not against Israels existence, but they MUST.
 take care of themselves. If they can't, it's their own fault. Russell Kirk agreed with me. I'll be applying to colleges in the fall. Here's my list
1. Patrick Henry College
2. Hillsdale College
3. New St. Andrews College
4. Grove City College
5. Hampden-Sydney College.