Author Topic: Why are "conservatives" so in intolerant?  (Read 3996 times)

PaleoConPrep

Re: Why are "conservatives" so in intolerant?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 01:31:37 am »
Pat Buchanan is anti-semitic.  Sam Francis was an outright racist.   And I can back those accusations up.

They don't dare to question all of the "civil rights" and freedoms that people should have. They have a good view of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.( The 1964 Civil Rights Act was one of the worst laws ever passed in U.S history.

Your further elaboration of one of the tenets of being a neo-con defines you as a racist, too, bub.  No wonder you like Sam Francis.
Did you read what I wrote about why I oppose this "civil rights" stuff you fool?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 01:31:57 am »
Oh Man! Sinkspur! The Zionists are after me again! LOL! An anti-Semite is someone who hates Jews because they're Jewish. I do not believe that America should support Israel in any way. How does that make me an Anti-Semite? Give me a break guys! Im not against Israels existence, but they MUST.
 take care of themselves. If they can't, it's their own fault. Russell Kirk agreed with me. I'll be applying to colleges in the fall. Here's my list
1. Patrick Henry College
2. Hillsdale College
3. New St. Andrews College
4. Grove City College
5. Hampden-Sydney College.

Buchanan is anti-semitic.  No less an authority than William F. Buckley declared he was back in 1992.  And Sam Francis didn't like Jews or blacks. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 01:33:27 am »
Did you read what I wrote about why I oppose this "civil rights" stuff you fool?

You oppose civil rights because you think companies should be able to refuse to hire blacks, or Jews, or Catholics, or women and you hide behind "government power."

That's just friggin' nuts.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 01:36:32 am »
Michael Savage got fed up with Buchanan and I believe called Pat anti-semitic, take that FWIW.

It's a mixed bag; I guess one can take some Buchanan statements out of context to make that point.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 01:38:24 am »
See what I mean? There's the intolerance.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 01:39:51 am »
You oppose civil rights because you think companies should be able to refuse to hire blacks, or Jews, or Catholics, or women and you hide behind "government power."

That's just friggin' nuts.
[Personal attack edited]
You're just like a Leftist. puting words in my mouth. Think about this bud. Let's say we repeal ALL "civil rights" laws, as I am proposing. In today's sensitive culture, if a company refused to hire blacks for no reason, it would be boycotted and would die. Blacks and Jews would still be hired, but there'd be no affirmative action. The Feds wouldn't have such power. Barry Goldwater would agree. By the way, Bill Buckley was a dumb NeoCon with a fake accent. He's no authority on anything. All he did was create a magazine.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:15:27 am by Mod2 »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 01:50:22 am »
[Personal attack edited]
You're just like a Leftist. puting words in my mouth. Think about this bud. Let's say we repeal ALL "civil rights" laws, as I am proposing. In today's sensitive culture, if a company refused to hire blacks for no reason, it would be boycotted and would die. Blacks and Jews would still be hired, but there'd be no affirmative action. The Feds wouldn't have such power. Barry Goldwater would agree. By the way, Bill Buckley was a dumb NeoCon with a fake accent. He's no authority on anything. All he did was create a magazine.

You're a kid. You have no idea what you're talking about. There are MANY companies who would refuse to hire "those people" if they could get away with it.

Good night. Every time you come back here you make a total fool of yourself.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:16:08 am by Mod2 »

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 01:53:43 am »
You're a kid. You have no idea what you're talking about. There are MANY companies who would refuse to hire "those people" if they could get away with it.

Good night. Every time you come back here you make a total fool of yourself.
No [edited] you make a fool of yourself. The same talking points every time. Good night [edited].
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:16:51 am by Mod2 »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 01:55:44 am »
No [edited] you make a fool of yourself. The same talking points every time. Good night [edited].

Yep.  You're a Trumproid, all the way down to using the alt-right term "[edited]."  [Personal insult edited].
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:17:42 am by Mod2 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 01:57:03 am »
You don't understand what I mean. Tolerance means tat even if you disagree with me, you  see me as a fellow conservative.

On about the same scale that a Southern Baptist views a Jehovah's Witness.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 01:57:53 am »
People, remember, if one starts calling names, personal attacks, the mods step in. One can debate without that.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 02:00:03 am »
Please stop with the personal insults.  As TomSea put it so well, debate can be had without personal insults and attacks.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 02:06:08 am »
Tolerance in the name of what some in the GOP call "conservatism" is what got us into this mess.  The GOP has been and is still way too tolerant of the liberal left and lets the likes of Obama, Ried and Pilosi run roughshod over this country and turning it into a mess.  Trump, in spite of all his stuck talk, will not change the GOP.  It is a lost cause with or without Trump.  It is past time for this conservative to keep his principles and find a new home like the Constitution Party.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2016, 02:11:05 am »
Oh Man! Sinkspur! The Zionists are after me again! LOL! An anti-Semite is someone who hates Jews because they're Jewish. I do not believe that America should support Israel in any way. How does that make me an Anti-Semite? Give me a break guys! Im not against Israels existence, but they MUST.
 take care of themselves. If they can't, it's their own fault. Russell Kirk agreed with me. I'll be applying to colleges in the fall. Here's my list
1. Patrick Henry College
2. Hillsdale College
3. New St. Andrews College
4. Grove City College
5. Hampden-Sydney College.
Under your reasoning we should not have supported Britain in 2939i and 1940. Am I correct?

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2016, 02:21:58 am »
Under your reasoning we should not have supported Britain in 2939i and 1940. Am I correct?
2939? And no, we should not have supported Britian.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2016, 02:30:14 am »
Tolerance in the name of what some in the GOP call "conservatism" is what got us into this mess.  The GOP has been and is still way too tolerant of the liberal left and lets the likes of Obama, Ried and Pilosi run roughshod over this country and turning it into a mess.  Trump, in spite of all his stuck talk, will not change the GOP.  It is a lost cause with or without Trump.  It is past time for this conservative to keep his principles and find a new home like the Constitution Party.
The Constitution Party has pretty much the same positions I do.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 02:31:09 am »
When someone makes a personal insult or an attack on another member..please don't quote him/her....because we have to clean up those posts as well.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2016, 07:34:42 am »
I'm not angry with anyone, and I'm not asking anyone to compromise. I just don't like the way NeoCons think their "conservatism" is the only Conservatism. I'm tired of fake Evangelicals like Ted Cruz pandering to the dumb NeoCon masses. If you want a real conservative Christian, check out Chuck Baldwin. The Constitution Party is Conservatism at its best. Forget the Reoublicrat Party.

The only forms of Conservatism that ARE conservative are Goldwater And Reagan. To my knowledge PaleoConservatism is the NeoCon name for Goldwater.

Cruz was appealing to Reaganite Christians - The Christian Right, which is not to be confused with the liberal Christians that embrace NeoConservatism. You do us a disfavor by concatenating the two.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2016, 07:38:49 am »
I'll tell you what a NeoCon is, and then I'll tell you how I differ from them.

Holy Wall-of-Text, Batman!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »
A NeoCon is someone who believes in, or supports the following things. (snip)
That's it! If you guys are willing to accept me with my views, I'll hive you the same respect.

A "neocon" - a new conservative - is a democrat (social liberal) who switched parties because they became disenchanted with their party's weak foreign policy. At least this was the original meaning of the term.

I believe this started wholesale during the latter part of Reagan's administration, due in part to the appeal of its muscular foreign policy and also because of the neocon's desire to co-opt its popularity,  and continued under Bush I (all that "Big Tent" BS).

Together with the old Rockefeller wing of the GOP they ended up kind of derailing the Reagan revolution as these folks never really bought into the notion of American exceptionalism, the primacy of the Constitution with its focus on individual sovereignty, and never changed their outlook on the social issues. Instead they saw the US simply as a blunt force instrument by which they could fix problems & inequities they saw abroad.

What you've spelled out are a series of policy beliefs, some held by those calling themselves social conservatives, some by moderates, some by neocons and by liberal republicans. Some by individuals in all groups.

I believe you have misidentified the target group you claim to be in disagreement with.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:24:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2016, 04:04:06 pm »
  And no, we should not have supported Britian.

Read up on military and history scholars say on the matter. If we did not help Britain, Germany would have steamrolled or blockaded Britain to surrender. Germany would have controlled all of Western Europe in a short time, probably most of North Africa as well.

Worldwide police state, maybe the Nazies would had the time to develop the a-bomb first.

Sane countries help other like minded democracies when they are attacked.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »

6. You'll never hear NeoCons talk about birth rates or gender roles( As a strong believer in traditional gender roles, I believe that if a man makes enough money to feed, clothe, and shelter, the family, the place of the woman is in the home taking care of the family, and keeping house.This is WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Men and women have different roles. The man must work, while the woman's  duty is motherhood and housekeeping. I also can't believe that NeoCons never talk about American birth rates.  Contraception killed America. Every family should have as many kids as possible. ( if that means 10 kids, then so be it. They should CERTAINLY have at least 5) Today, most couples get married at an older age than they used to, and usually have at most 3 kids. I here idiots say things like "4 is such a big family" This is shuch BS. And don't tell me "I can't afford it" My Latin teacher is a traditional Catholic, who makes around 75k a year(he's been teaching for a while now) He has 8 kids, and wants more!( he would've had 9, but one of his kids was stillborn) When I asked him how he could afford to pay for so many kids, he sternly admonished me and said " People spend money on al sorts of junk.  Huge TVs, nice cars,  and other crap they don't need. If people stopped being so materialistic, everyone could have a big family" That statement has stuck with me ever since, and from that day I promised myself that I will be like this man. No matter what my economic situation, I will have a large family. NeoCons talk a lot about "family values" but they'll never say what I just said)

Honest question. Does this also pertain to black, Hispanic and Mulim families or just white Christian families?

@PaleoConPrep
@sinkspur

Offline TomSea

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2016, 04:14:09 pm »
A "neocon" - a new conservative - is a democrat (social liberal) who switched parties because they became disenchanted with their party's weak foreign policy. At least this was the original meaning of the term.

I believe this started wholesale during the latter part of Reagan's administration, due in part to the appeal of its muscular foreign policy and also because of the neocon's desire to co-opt its popularity,  and continued under Bush I (all that "Big Tent" BS).

Together with the old Rockefeller wing of the GOP they ended up kind of derailing the Reagan revolution as these folks never really bought into the notion of American exceptionalism, the primacy of the Constitution with its focus on individual sovereignty, and never changed their outlook on the social issues. Instead they saw the US simply as a blunt force instrument by which they could fix problems & inequities they saw abroad.

What you've spelled out are a series of policy beliefs, some held by those calling themselves social conservatives, some by moderates, some by neocons and by liberal republicans. Some by individuals in all groups.

I believe you have misidentified the target group you claim to be in disagreement with.

This is largely what I've heard and read.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2016, 04:33:49 pm »

Based on THIS definition, I am convinced that is what happened to the GOP.  The Neo-Conservatives drug the party to where it is today, with the likes of Boehner, McConnell, Ryan, Trump and the rest of their GOPe lot.  I'm glad to say I am no longer part of that, since THEY abandoned principles of TRUE constitutional conservatism.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2016, 06:04:26 pm »
Honest question. Does this also pertain to black, Hispanic and Mulim families or just white Christian families?

@PaleoConPrep
@sinkspur
This pertains to everyone, but ESPECIALLY White Christians.