Author Topic: Trump steals photo of black family; tweets it out as if they are supporters  (Read 22301 times)

Offline OldSaltUSN

I call BS on all of ya'll Wsahington Compost and Buzzeed too. Its a Retweet so Trump is not the Author. Any lawyer would know better including the ones claiming copyright.

Everything that needs to be said on this thread, has been said.  The tweet and unauthorized post is undeniable fact.  Whether the twitter account is owned by a member of Trump's family, or controlled by the Trump campaign, is unsubstantiated speculation.  However, it would be consistent with Trump's history.  Any counter arguments are pretty much void of logic, and therefore, truth.

snip
Deleting this observation about Mechanicos to avoid offending a Trump mod (see Mod's post a page back).
His actions and posts speak for themselves.
/end snip
Honor matters.  Truth matters.  Principle matters. 

snip ... to the end.

... and I'm out
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:41:39 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery

Honor matters.  Truth matters.  Principle matters.  The only reason I'm responding to Mechanicos is that TBR members keep on quoting his false posts.  He's on my ignore list otherwise.   Recommend others avoid quoting him, and repeating his stuff over and over in secondary posts.   You're just granting him exposure he doesn't warrant.  However, to each his own way ....

I just ignore this poster's spewing.  Although sometimes, they're so damned hilariously idiotic ("trump's authentic Replublicanism"), I gotta say something.
Former Republican.

Offline OldSaltUSN

goopo

And good advice all around.  Stop quoting him.  It's giving him a value he doesn't deserve.

Please delete your quote of my previous (now deleted) post.  It's not worth the trouble.  Thx.

Offline OldSaltUSN

Nobody "destroyed" anything, Norm....except in your empty head.   FreeRepublic didn't fail after the Bug Zapper Thread...it didn't fail after the Romney affair...and it will be bigger than ever after Trump wins this November.

Calling members liars and leftists used to be unheard of in this forum.

All you seem to want to do is fight.    **nononono*

Pot, meet kettle.

Offline musiclady

Please delete your quote of my previous (now deleted) post.  It's not worth the trouble.  Thx.

Done.

Sadly, however.  It was a great post, and needed to be said.

Where does truth come into this equation?  Are we restricted from pointing out blatant lies in order to be 'polite' when the lies being told about us are vicious and indecent?

I wonder............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I wouldn't worry about it. Either way we win. Trump is elected and screws up royally proving us right about him and his backers...or Trump loses and Hillary screws up royally, proving we were right to support actual conservatism all along.

In the end, our kids will look back on those of us that fought for principles like honesty, truth and integrity and know we did our part. And history will look back on those who perpetuated the problem as it always does. With disgust.

With luck, we taught our kids well and they can rebuild America once the idiots have shuffled the mortal coil and are no longer there to destroy the process as they destroyed the country today..

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Is there any proof this photo was *stolen*..could the family have sent it to Trump saying they support him and he used it?

Not jumping to conclusions here.

Buzzfeed tracked down the family, they are pissed.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/trump-fake-photo?utm_term=.ak6ErEGkW#.fi68X8V5M

It isn't the first time Trump has retweeted that account too, also to embarrassing results. That is the same account he retweeted from that created the Heidi Cruz smears. (noted in same article above).

Offline sitetest

Buzzfeed tracked down the family, they are pissed.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/trump-fake-photo?utm_term=.ak6ErEGkW#.fi68X8V5M

It isn't the first time Trump has retweeted that account too, also to embarrassing results. That is the same account he retweeted from that created the Heidi Cruz smears. (noted in same article above).
Hope they hire great lawyers who put on a beautiful case against stumpy and win a YUUUGE award!
Former Republican.

Offline Mechanicos

Do you have a link to substantiate this, or are you just blowing stuff out your rear end to justify your god Trump, and denigrate anyone opposed to him?

I mean, if the poster REALLY was a black Trump supporter and he REALLY did use an authorized stock family photo, and his post REALLY did show growing "African American" support for Trump, that would REALLY be something.  You'd be breaking national news.

However, your post is the only one in the world that indicates:  "this DRAMA has turned out to be a possibly black Trump supporter sent Trump a Tweet with a Stock Family photo in it and graphics saying families for Trump".

As I've said before, the number one reason I'm #NeverTrump is his blatant dishonesty, and that of many of his supporters.   And, it keeps on going and going and going along that line.  It's almost like Trump didn't run to be President, but rather to poison the well of effective opposition to his long time friend, Hillary Clinton.   Its kinda funny to watch the antics of the Anti-Trumps on it tho.

If you're guy has go the "right stuff" to win, neither he nor you needs to lie.  If Trump has the black vote, then he doesn't need GOP conservatives.   He has none of these, you know it, which is why you're posting such gibberish.

People who did that kind of stuff used to be called a "troll".
In the original post it shows its a retweet and who the original tweeter is. On his tweet page is pictures showing  a black guy, This entire DRAMA thread is totally off base since Trump is the author of the offending tweet.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

ATTENTION TRUMP HATERS!!
Next time look at the original post. Its a Retweet. That means you have nothing you can hurt him with as hes not the author of the original tweet. Now stop looking foolish getting all wound up hating on Trump. 
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline ABX

In the original post it shows its a retweet and who the original tweeter is. On his tweet page is pictures showing  a black guy, This entire DRAMA thread is totally off base since Trump is the author of the offending tweet.

No one said Trump was the original author- but to retweet is still his choice. It is a cop-out to excuse him because he just retweeted it instead of created it. It shows his lack of judgment and discernment.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sarcasm or a joke?
Both and a little bit of commentary about the fractures of the GOP coalition.  A coalition that used to include fiscal and social conservatives (ideologues) and legacy voters, but now just people who are more fearful of Hitlery than Trump, and those who somehow still admire Trump.  If Trump is ripping up the GOP just think what he will do to the nation.

Offline Mechanicos

No one said Trump was the original author- but to retweet is still his choice. It is a cop-out to excuse him because he just retweeted it instead of created it. It shows his lack of judgment and discernment.
Sorry but Trump did not steal it nor did he violate any CR law as when he re tweeted  it as it was in the Public domain when he received it. There is nothing  to support the rage here. That's why he did not take it down - hes not liable and could care less who is upset at it. There is NOTHING here to support the rage.

Btw way the title is obviously not true.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:30:37 am by Mechanicos »

Online Hoodat

Next time look at the original post. Its a Retweet.
Is Trump responsible for his own tweets?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

Is Trump responsible for his own tweets?
Not for copy right violations no. Its called Public Domain. So sorry guys, I hated to ruin your fun but somebody should have noticed it was re Tweet long before this.

Offline ABX

Sorry but Trump did not steal it nor did he violate any CR law as when he re tweeted  it as it was in the Public domain when he received it. There is nothing  to support the rage here. That's why he did not take it down - hes not liable and could care less who is upset at it. There is NOTHING here to support the rage.

The copyright violator is the person who created the tweet. And no, just finding something on Google does not make it public domain. A photograph copyright is owned by the photographer the moment he takes the picture unless he releases that copyright.
https://www.ppa.com/about/content.cfm?ItemNumber=1720

The lack of judgment and discernment just retweeting willy nilly without any fact checking- especially from an account he has been burned from before, is totally the fault of Trump.

Trump is either stupid or thinks he is above the truth.

Online Hoodat

Not for copy right violations no. Its called Public Domain.

I didn't ask about copyright violations.  I am asking about the substance.  Is Donald Trump responsible for what he tweets?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

The copyright violator is the person who created the tweet. And no, just finding something on Google does not make it public domain. A photograph copyright is owned by the photographer the moment he takes the picture unless he releases that copyright.

The lack of judgment and discernment just retweeting willy nilly without any fact checking- especially from an account he has been burned from before, is totally the fault of Trump.

So the title of the thread is a lie and there are over 200 posts of people missing it was re-tweet and getting all "we gotcha this time" on Trump. Oh and when Trump re-tweeted it it was public domain exception same as you enjoy. 

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:38:47 am by Mechanicos »

Offline sitetest

Not for copy right violations no. Its called Public Domain. So sorry guys, I hated to ruin your fun but somebody should have noticed it was re Tweet long before this.

Wow!  What a hilariously  idiotic interpretation of copyright law!  Are you saying that because stumpy isn't the original thief of the image, he is not also liable for his (admittedly, unoriginal) theft along with the original thief for damages to the actual copyright holder?  You need to learn the meaning of "deep pockets."
Former Republican.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Of course we can (and should, when the shoe fits) call candidates liars.

The demand/suggestion from the Moderator referred to other members/posters.....not candidates. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mechanicos

Wow!  What a hilariously  idiotic interpretation of copyright law!  Are you saying that because stumpy isn't the original thief of the image, he is not also liable for his (admittedly, unoriginal) theft along with the original thief for damages to the actual copyright holder?  You need to learn the meaning of "deep pockets."
Yeh I am saying hes a protected as you are when you re tweet something somebody else sends you. Do you really want the law to say your kids violate copyright every time they share a picture? Really. Thats deranged.

Offline sitetest

The ORIGINAL violator is the person who initially tweeted.

The image is still copyrighted.  The act of tweeting it by anot her party doesn't vitiate the copyright holder's  rights to recieve compensation for theft of the image.
Former Republican.

Online Hoodat

@Mechanicos

Is Donald Trump responsible for the substance of what he tweets?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm sure saying people have empty heads raises the discourse, as you prefer.

You might want to look for your integrity, it can't have gone too far.

Read his previous posts in the pertinent information.

I didn't just decide to speak to him in that manner...he worked hard to earn it.

Thanks.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

ATTENTION TRUMP HATERS!!
Next time look at the original post. Its a Retweet. That means you have nothing you can hurt him with as hes not the author of the original tweet. Now stop looking foolish getting all wound up hating on Trump.
ATTENTION MECHANICOS!!
NO!!  I LOVE HATING ON TRUMP!!!  IT GIVES ME PURPOSE!!!