Author Topic: MICHELLE O: 'I WAKE UP IN HOUSE BUILT BY SLAVES'...  (Read 1523 times)

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
MICHELLE O: 'I WAKE UP IN HOUSE BUILT BY SLAVES'...
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:52:57 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB1eGI8Gqcg

The White House as it looked following the conflagration of August 24, 1814

First Lady Praises NY City College Diversity at Commencement

Drudge via AP/NBC NY

Michelle Obama praised the diverse graduates of the city's oldest public institution of higher learning and took a mild swipe at Donald Trump as she delivered the last commencement address of her tenure as U.S. first lady on Friday.

"I really want you all to know that there is a reason why, of all of the colleges and universities in this country, I chose this particular school in this particular city for this special moment," Obama told the graduates of the City College of New York.

Noting that students at the 169-year-old college come from 150 countries and speak more than 100 languages, she said, "You represent just about every possible background - every color and culture, every faith and walk of life."

Obama, the wife of Democratic President Barack Obama, told the graduates that "with your glorious diversity, with your remarkable accomplishments and your deep commitment to your communities, you all embody the very purpose of this school's founding."

She made a thinly veiled reference to Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, by saying "some folks" don't value the diversity that City College embodies.

"They seem to view our diversity as a threat to be contained rather than as a resource to be tapped," Obama said. "They tell us to be afraid of those who are different, to be suspicious of those with whom we disagree.

"They act as if name-calling is an acceptable substitute for thoughtful debate, as if anger and intolerance should be our default state rather than the optimism and openness that have always been the engine of our progress."

Trump has promised to build a wall between the United States and Mexico, proposed banning Muslims from entering the U.S. and said it's risky to take in Syrian refugees because terrorists could be among them.

Obama added that "here in America, we don't give in to our fears. We don't build up walls to keep people out because we know that our greatness has always depended on contributions from people who were born elsewhere but sought out this country and made it their home."

City College, founded as the Free Academy of the City of New York in 1847, gained a reputation as the poor man's Harvard in the 1930s, when it educated a generation of Jewish intellectuals who were shut out of elite private colleges.

City College alumni include 10 Nobel Prize winners and many renowned authors, scientists, business leaders and artists.

More than 40 percent of City College's current students are first-generation college students and half are from low-income households.

More than 3,000 graduates and their families cheered the first lady's speech under drizzly skies at the City College campus in Harlem.

Class salutatorian Orruba Almansouri exemplified one of the issues Obama has championed, the education of girls. Almansouri, a Yemeni immigrant, said it was only after daily debates with her father that she was allowed to attend college, which no girl in her family had done before.

"I fought to be allowed to pursue an education, for the right to be here," Almansouri said.

She said that following her example, several of her female cousins are now pursuing higher education.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/First-Lady--381799061.html

A slave coffle passing the Capitol grounds, 1815, published in A Popular History of the United States, 1876.

Construction on the President's House began in 1792 in Washington, D.C., a new capital situated in sparsely settled region far from a major population center. The decision to place the capital on land ceded by two slave states-Virginia and Maryland-ultimately influenced the acquisition of laborers to construct its public buildings.

The D.C. commissioners, charged by Congress with building the new city under the direction of the president, initially planned to import workers from Europe to meet their labor needs. However, response to recruitment was dismal and soon they turned to African American—enslaved and free—to provide the bulk of labor that built the White House, the United States Capitol, and other early government buildings.

Stonemason Collen Williamson trained enslaved people on the spot at the government's quarry at Aquia, Virginia. Enslaved people quarried and cut the rough stone that was later dressed and laid by Scottish masons to erect the walls of the President's House. The slaves joined a work force that included local white laborers and artisans from Maryland and Virginia, as well as immigrants from Ireland, Scotland, and other European nations.

National Archives and Records Administration

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/questions/did-slaves-build-the-white-house

The payroll to slaveowners shows that the government did not own slaves, but that it did hire them from their masters. Slave carpenters Ben, Daniel, and Peter were noted as owned by James Hoban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0PE_kC-3EY

Earliest known photograph of the White House, taken c. 1846 by John Plumbe during the administration of James K. Polk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:07:15 pm by ExFreeper »
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: MICHELLE O: 'I WAKE UP IN HOUSE BUILT BY SLAVES'...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:29:00 pm »
If she want's to see 'a house built by slaves', she need only to go to Africa today and to meet with one of the thousands of Black slave-owners there.

She will also get to meet their 20 slave wives and servants, starting in age from 8 years old. If Michelle Obama was really, truly, interested in "slavery" (the real kind which exists right now today, not the movie kind from 200 years ago) she would be on a plane to Africa today to help release hundreds of thousands of Black slaves who are being raped and beaten daily by their owners.

How do you think the real slaves of today feel, when they see the Obamas and the American Left ranting and preaching about something that happened long ago while they are in bondage today?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:36:48 pm »
They had slaves in Europe, too—they abolished it not long before we did. Yet Europe (the scion of what American liberals want us to be) doesn't dwell on it to this day the way the American left does.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 02:43:20 pm »
Oh that reminds me, I need to delete "Roots" from my DVR.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 02:48:25 pm »

The centerpiece of the Republican Party was abolition of slavery. It was accomplished.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »
Michelle Obama's Mirror (click on link for video)
Saturday, June 4, 2016
The Graduation of Michelle Obama

If you think Lady M has been on extended vacation for these past 7 years, 4 months and 15 days, think again.

I know, I know; you don’t want to hear any thing else from her or her husband.

Butt if you do you’ll see that the woman who’s “had the privilege of traveling around the world” (several times) hasn’t just been setting around putting notches in her travel log. No sir, she’s been enrolled in an intensive total immersion self-promotion program. Using the same speech and empathy coaches who turned her community organizing husband into The Prince she has emerged as The Princess.

The City College of New York address was also Lady M’s graduation performance. Watch and note: the same cadence, intonation and facial expression as the Won’s best efforts. She has been an astute student of when to drop your g’s (although in her case they have to tell her when NOT to), when to register concern with a wrinkled brow, when to wince with shared pain, when to smile in false solidarity, when to coordinate head and hands in sweeping gestures of inclusiveness, how to masterfully read a series of three teleprompters – left, middle and right, middle, left – in order to look totally engaged, when to frown in slight vexation and wet her lip with a forked tongue. A real piece of work!
“It’s the story that I witness every single day when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves, and I watch my daughters — two beautiful, black young women — head off to school, waving goodbye to their father, the president of the United States, the son of a man from Kenya who came here to America for the same reasons as many of you: to get an education and improve his prospects in life.”
Ladies and gentleman, you are looking at either the first Black Female President of the United States, or the second coming of Oprah. My money is on the later as Lady M is constitutionally far more aligned with the entertainers than the politicians, although admittedly it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference.

Then again, what difference, at this point, does it make? Royalty is royalty. Right?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 05:21:48 pm »
I listened to the entire speech.  It is amazing to me that she and Obama cannot speak of the great accomplishments of blacks in this country.  I just do not get the speech of derision and dividing a population.  I know the answer, this is what leftist and Marxist are taught in their upbringing and education.  This is the only way they stay in power and win elections.

"Anyone who knows anything of history knows that great social changes are impossible without feminine upheaval. Social progress can be measured exactly by the social position of the fair sex, the ugly ones included."  Karl Marx
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 12:44:57 am »
Well, Mooch, if ya don' like wakin' up there, go to a motel and wake up wid sumthin' else on yer mind!

geronl

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 12:48:32 am »
The interior of the WH was completely gutted and rebuilt in the 1950's.

No slave labor there.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 12:50:53 am »
They had slaves in Europe, too—they abolished it not long before we did. Yet Europe (the scion of what American liberals want us to be) doesn't dwell on it to this day the way the American left does.

Many nations that the left reveres had slavery AFTER we ended it.

Brazil didn't end it officially until 1888. I bet it never came up while the Obama's visited.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 01:56:32 am »
She has already told us she has never been proud of this country.

Why does she just not go ahead and leave and find one she likes. (But don't come back)
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kinsman Redeemer

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 12:12:14 pm »
In one sense, it would be nice if (s)he did actually "wake up."

The real enemy seeks to devour what is good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 02:52:28 pm »
MICHELLE O: 'I WAKE UP IN HOUSE BUILT BY SLAVES'...

Thankfully you won't be burdened by this for much longer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 03:19:38 pm »
Michelle and Barrack, separate or apart, will live out their days as multi-millionaires, just like the Clintons.

That extreme wealth will afford them the freedom to live and travel as they please. Slavery is long gone.

Dwelling on it is to remind blacks to vote democrat, nothing else whatsoever.

Ironically Republicans shed much blood to gain their emancipation. Democrats fought to keep them in chains.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »
Michelle and Barrack, separate or apart, will live out their days as multi-millionaires, just like the Clintons.

That extreme wealth will afford them the freedom to live and travel as they please. Slavery is long gone.

Dwelling on it is to remind blacks to vote democrat, nothing else whatsoever.

Ironically Republicans shed much blood to gain their emancipation. Democrats fought to keep them in chains.
I caught a few seconds of some black sportswriter (I think that's who he was) on ESPN this morning, talking about Muhammed Ali. He credited the boxer for helping black folks understand their enslavement, or some such stupid thing. I, of course, had to scream at the TV, "You've never been a slave, and neither was Cassius Clay, you moron!" before Mr. M had to throw a bucket of water on me to calm me down.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »
Michelle Obama's comments about slave labor building the White House were sort of an extension of the thinking  by many black people that "America was built on the backs of blacks." By that they don't just mean the odd building here and there, they actually think the whole country was built almost solely by black people.
Certainly, while slave labor was used on many buildings in the south before the CW and smaller parts elsewhere, the fact is there were few black people north of the Mason-Dixon line who were extensively involved with building anything. Because there weren't that many black people in the north.
Immigrant Irish laborers (who were often treated like slaves) were used extensively building railroads and canals in the north and elsewhere. There just weren't that many blacks around in the north to use as the primary source of labor.
But I've heard the "the country was built on the backs of blacks" phrase countless times in the past fifty years by people who believe black slaves were everywhere  building everything. Just not true.

Offline verga

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 01:55:01 am »
Thankfully you won't be burdened by this for much longer.
:beer: Thankfully this is true. I can't decide if I despise her or the Halfrican she is married to more.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline bob434

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 04:42:48 pm »
The poor lady wakes up in a house built by slaves, rolls over, and orders her 48 servants to come dress her, make her bed, run her bath, brush her teeth for her,

Gee- I'm not feeling the pain

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 04:47:13 pm »
BFD!!

I wake up every day in a house built by illegal Hispanics.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 04:52:36 pm »
...furthermore, MOOSE,

The slaves that built the White House were afterward hugely sought-after as they were considered skilled workmen.

In fact, citizens probably competed with slaves for the right to apprentice as construction workers.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:52:58 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 07:48:29 pm »
...furthermore, MOOSE,

The slaves that built the White House were afterward hugely sought-after as they were considered skilled workmen.

In fact, citizens probably competed with slaves for the right to apprentice as construction workers.

That they were becoming skilled tradesmen by the experience is what struck me too, when I read the article.

As Thomas Sowell once wrote, skilled slaves were paid slaves.  Blacksmiths, carpenters and other skilled tradesmen (even fishermen) were paid as incentive to do good work, which punishment could never produce.  Beating them to get work out of them only worked when picking cotton.  Many slave tradesmen saved their earnings, which they used to purchase their own freedom, then other slaves.

It's amazing how few people know about this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 07:51:28 pm »
That they were becoming skilled tradesmen by the experience is what struck me too, when I read the article.

As Thomas Sowell once wrote, skilled slaves were paid slaves.  Blacksmiths, carpenters and other skilled tradesmen (even fishermen) were paid as incentive to do good work, which punishment could never produce.  Beating them to get work out of them only worked when picking cotton.  Many slave tradesmen saved their earnings, which they used to purchase their own freedom, then other slaves.

It's amazing how few people know about this.

:beer:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 07:55:44 pm »
She has already told us she has never been proud of this country.

Why does she just not go ahead and leave and find one she likes. (But don't come back)

Maybe thats what all her vacations are?  A fact finding mission to select her new country.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 08:05:47 pm »
The centerpiece of the Republican Party was abolition of slavery. It was accomplished.

The Democrat party, which still endorses the enslavement of African-Americans to their party and habitual worthlessness, will always refuse to recognize that it has always been, and still is, the party of slavery.

Michelle might be free if she had been born a Republican.  She might even be thankful for the free nation she grew up in, thanks to the strong will of the Republican party, if she weren't raised a Democrat slave.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.