Author Topic: Trump demands share of profits in exchange for Keystone approval  (Read 21277 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Trump demands share of profits in exchange for Keystone approval
« Reply #275 on: June 04, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »
So if Trump changes the law to expedite granting legal status to people who under current law are classified as 'illegal', you wouldn't consider that to be 'amnesty'?  Interesting.
No sane person would call it amnesty. Its going thru the legal immigration process. You look bad still pushing that TDS meme.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Hoodat

« Reply #276 on: June 04, 2016, 08:27:26 pm »
No sane person would call it amnesty. Its going thru the legal immigration process. You look bad still pushing that TDS meme.

Ah, so if Congress changes the law and grants legal status to everyone here illegally, then according to you, that won't be amnesty.

It is truly amazing the amount of BS that you have to come up with in order to justify Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2016, 08:33:28 pm »
Ah, so if Congress changes the law and grants legal status to everyone here illegally, then according to you, that won't be amnesty.

It is truly amazing the amount of BS that you have to come up with in order to justify Donald Trump.

So you are spinning your wheels doing Hyperbole and insane what ifs. Of course that would be what Cruz wanted aka Amnesty. That has nothing to do with Trump now does it? Its amazing what you will do to justify the TDS.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2016, 08:43:29 pm »
And once again Mech manages to thread jack and steer the topic away from something that makes Orange Jesus look yet again like a Liberal Democrat.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2016, 10:16:59 pm »
And once again Mech manages to thread jack and steer the topic away from something that makes Orange Jesus look yet again like a Liberal Democrat.
Almost every thread on here is Trump Derangement Syndrome, so stop whining about push back when one of the #4Hillary's slips in a thread jack separate hit piece.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2016, 10:20:04 pm »
Barry Goldwater on Firing Line in 1966:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DB

« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2016, 10:20:25 pm »

The ignore feature works pretty well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2016, 10:25:35 pm »
The ignore feature works pretty well.

It does.  And he's on there.  I still get amused when I see him quoted by other people how when things get uncomfortable he takes the thread in an entirely different direction to protect Orange Jesus from scorn.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2016, 10:42:29 pm »
So you are spinning your wheels doing Hyperbole and insane what ifs. Of course that would be what Cruz wanted aka Amnesty. That has nothing to do with Trump now does it? Its amazing what you will do to justify the TDS.

The only difference would be whether or not the United States expended money to first deport and then re-admit people before making them legal.  In either case those who have broken the law would be given preferential treatment over others who have waited in line to immigrate legally.  The distinction you are making exists only in that Trump's plan would be more costly.
James 1:20

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2016, 10:49:53 pm »
To get @Mechanicos to hush about immigration, all you have to do is ask him where we can find Trump's written plan on export/import of illegals.

The most economical thing to do, assuming the pipeline is definitely going to get built, would be for the gov't to take the land via eminent domain, essentially sell it to Canada (so there's no net cost to the US for eminent domain payout) with a right of way agreement that includes construction and maintenance rights to Canada within the right of way. 

However, I can find no justification in that process because the US gov't would be using eminent domain for a non-gov't public use project.

Soooo, TransCanada has to come up with a plan, acquire the land via private sale from current land owners, get their project permitted and pay the normal excise tax per barrel of oil imported.  That would be the way WE get the cheapest oil and they make the max profit.

Online DB

« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2016, 11:08:14 pm »
However, I can find no justification in that process because the US gov't would be using eminent domain for a non-gov't public use project.

Utilities get special treatment regarding eminent domain. Private enterprises that involve energy pipelines/cables can and do get eminent domain of private property.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2016, 11:12:41 pm »
Utilities get special treatment regarding eminent domain. Private enterprises that involve energy pipelines/cables can and do get eminent domain of private property.

They didn't used to.  We have a big ol' double gas line running out through our back 40.  The original agreement was directly with the original owner. 

Is there a distinction between essential and non-essential utilities?  Does it still apply to foreign owned utilities?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2016, 11:23:01 pm »
The only difference would be whether or not the United States expended money to first deport and then re-admit people before making them legal.  In either case those who have broken the law would be given preferential treatment over others who have waited in line to immigrate legally.  The distinction you are making exists only in that Trump's plan would be more costly.
as usual the Anti-Trumps change the term expedited into waived to fit their delusions of how Trump is.  I have seen nothing anywhere supporting your theory.

Online DB

« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2016, 11:25:38 pm »
They didn't used to.  We have a big ol' double gas line running out through our back 40.  The original agreement was directly with the original owner. 

Is there a distinction between essential and non-essential utilities?  Does it still apply to foreign owned utilities?

It is my understand that eminent domain is normally the last resort. Utilities are considered as being in the wider public's interest.

Regarding your question @thackney can probably answer it. I don't know.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2016, 11:29:17 pm »
To get @Mechanicos to hush about immigration, all you have to do is ask him where we can find Trump's written plan on export/import of illegals.

The most economical thing to do, assuming the pipeline is definitely going to get built, would be for the gov't to take the land via eminent domain, essentially sell it to Canada (so there's no net cost to the US for eminent domain payout) with a right of way agreement that includes construction and maintenance rights to Canada within the right of way. 

Soooo, TransCanada has to come up with a plan, acquire the land via private sale from current land owners, get their project permitted and pay the normal excise tax per barrel of oil imported.  That would be the way WE get the cheapest oil and they make the max profit.
Roos, have you ever managed a Business? Anything detailed now will be worthless and will change because a President is not a Dictator. The Executive sets the goals the subordinate agencies do the details after its negotiated with its opposition. Trump is a good negotiator so I would expect he gets what he wants.  You ask for something that will change no matter what although still achieve the goal and then will call him a liar. Why be dishonest with you now. Hes said the Plan. If he does nothing else but enforces existing law we win.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2016, 11:33:28 pm »
It is my understand that eminent domain is normally the last resort. Utilities are considered as being in the wider public's interest.

I should clarify that it's a utility easement on our property that covers about an acre total in the far back corner.  We own the property, but the original owner year and years ago allowed the utility to purchase an easement from them.  Lines can be accessed for maintenance and repair but we are the owners. 

You can probably tell I am not in favor of using eminent domain for such a thing.  There is almost always an alternative.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2016, 11:35:45 pm »
Roos, have you ever managed a Business? Anything detailed now will be worthless and will change because a President is not a Dictator. The Executive sets the goals the subordinate agencies do the details after its negotiated with its opposition. Trump is a good negotiator so I would expect he gets what he wants.  You ask for something that will change no matter what although still achieve the goal and then will call him a liar. Why be dishonest with you now. Hes said the Plan. If he does nothing else but enforces existing law we win.

Orrrrrr.....he could actually have a plan that has been analyzed as being workable and if for some reason it isn't give US a thorough explanation of why that occurred and explain what the new plan is. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2016, 11:42:13 pm »
Orrrrrr.....he could actually have a plan that has been analyzed as being workable and if for some reason it isn't give US a thorough explanation of why that occurred and explain what the new plan is.
I suggest you take a Civics 101 course. Anything with micro details now would change because its a political process. So you want Him to lie to you now. He has the Plan. INS and local police etc puts it in action.

Offline thackney

« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2016, 11:48:24 pm »

Common carrier pipelines, typically most major pipelines can use eminent domain but it is a last resort.  For a major pipeline em-dom takes too much time and creates to much PR and associated problems.

Common carrier pipelines are FERC regulated and are open to any moving gas at the regulated rate.  Often pipeline company does not own any of the gas.  They function like a railroad carrying other peoples gas, oil or gasoline...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2016, 12:41:28 am »
I suggest you take a Civics 101 course. Anything with micro details now would change because its a political process. So you want Him to lie to you now. He has the Plan. INS and local police etc puts it in action.

He's running on the platform of taking care of illegal immigration.  He has talked about it during debates and rallies.  He's given details in other locations.  He doesn't have to know the details?  Really?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2016, 02:10:43 am »

Not a last resort, definitely. Had a pipeline company come through our land with plans for a pipeline.  Would not negotiate at all and very quickly threatened to take our property via eminent domain.  It cross 1/2 mile of our land and took a 50' permanent easement, another 50' temporary easement, and even more 'special' easements.

They use it as a club, not a 'last resort'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2016, 02:16:15 am »
I should clarify that it's a utility easement on our property that covers about an acre total in the far back corner.  We own the property, but the original owner year and years ago allowed the utility to purchase an easement from them.  Lines can be accessed for maintenance and repair but we are the owners. 

You can probably tell I am not in favor of using eminent domain for such a thing.  There is almost always an alternative.

Your 'ownership' still has more restrictions than you cite.  Including usage of surface like what you can build, what you can plant, fences, etc.  I had  a company come through, forced an easement on me and cut down a lot of my timber to install a pipeline.  Now I cannot replant any timber on it.  It has lost a lot of value.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:39 am »
Your 'ownership' still has more restrictions than you cite.  Including usage of surface like what you can build, what you can plant, fences, etc.  I had  a company come through, forced an easement on me and cut down a lot of my timber to install a pipeline.  Now I cannot replant any timber on it.  It has lost a lot of value.

Yes, that's correct.  It was actually an issue for us.  When we bought the property the survey incorrectly showed the easement barely touching a little tiny triangle of the property.  As we went to replace the old fencing out there and called to have all utilities located before work began we noticed that they added a permanent marker in a location that previously had none just outside the existing fence at the property line, but now about half way down the property line instead of the corner we thought it clipped.  Had to hire an attorney over that one.  We had plans of putting a barn in that area and then found out a whole acre was unusable.  So yes, no permanent structures within the easement area. 

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2016, 02:30:20 am »
as usual the Anti-Trumps change the term expedited into waived to fit their delusions of how Trump is.  I have seen nothing anywhere supporting your theory.

The word "waived" appears nowhere in my post, and I am not proposing a theory.
James 1:20

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2016, 02:37:58 am »
He's running on the platform of taking care of illegal immigration.  He has talked about it during debates and rallies.  He's given details in other locations.  He doesn't have to know the details?  Really?
Look we know nothing will satisfy a hater. The plan is to deport em, end the anchor baby and make them come back in Legally thru INS. You see he used the term MAY with expedite for the Good ones to return. That leaves a ton of negotiation room. What is expedite and what is good. There is nothing anybody can say that will take away the Pain of Cruz losing so badly. Nor of you getting Zapped at TOS,  So not even going to try. And that is the Only reason you are trying this game of yours. I'm not Jim Rob, so focus your anger away.