Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20658 times)

Silver Pines

Well, to be fair, it apparently makes no sense to YOU, @CatherineofAragon.  Twelve years ago Donald Trump was a businessman.  People in business routinely invite "outsiders" to weddings.  It's status...both for the businessman and the guest.  You may not like it, but it's done all the time.  Maybe you should talk with a few Chairmans of the Board and CEOs to get their take on it.  I'm sure you know several.  These conversations might help balance your perspective on this.

It might also help you to know the Trumps and the Clintons have not "socialized" since.

This is just a long-winded way of saying:  Relax, this is not a big deal, or a deal at all.

Yeah, my father-in-law is CEO of a company.

He doesn't engage in Trump's type of practices and it hasn't subtracted from his success.

Offline WAC

Yeah, my father-in-law is CEO of a company.......He doesn't engage in Trump's type of practices and it hasn't subtracted from his success.

I come from a business family (on my past husbands side). And you are correct you can be successful without practicing Trumps manner

of business.... They ran many businesses of which at that time I too was a part of.  Thuggary gets you what you want perhaps but it's

not going to work in the long run.....I think many companies will wait four years til he's out...or work around him.

If he intends to play businesses/trade as he's said they'll simply go elsewhere to do business because like it or not the world is big

enough in trade etc. they will simply go to other nations. ....and Trump knows that.  He's just selling a bill of goods to his followers

about bringing companies here....everything is happening overseas and will continue to do so IMO.

Just watching Putin after Obama and Europe cut him out should be a lesson.......while they were grumbling about Crimea he was fast

on his feet traveling throughout Asia and the ME securing contracts and agreements for industry and business.

Trump thinks he's the ONLY businessman able to secure deals.....he's not yet discovered there are many who will more than tower over

him. Building golf courses and Hotels is not the same as dealing with the politics and trade of International Leaders with the US.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Good to see now that Trump can claim victory in the GOP, that he has FORMALLY splintered the party.  Now the right can formally reject the party and stand behind the Constitution Party.  I suspect you will se an exponential growth in their membership and voters.  It may not be enough this election, but remember the GOP grew out of nothing in just one election cycle in 1856 to claim the White House in 1860.  It CAN happen again.  History has a way of repeating itself.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Good to see now that Trump can claim victory in the GOP, that he has FORMALLY splintered the party.  Now the right can formally reject the party and stand behind the Constitution Party.  I suspect you will se an exponential growth in their membership and voters.  It may not be enough this election, but remember the GOP grew out of nothing in just one election cycle in 1856 to claim the White House in 1860.  It CAN happen again.  History has a way of repeating itself.

Some of nevertrump will splinter into the Constitution Party...some into the Libertarian Party...the rest will return to the GOP if Trump loses the General Election.  If Trump wins the election we may not need further elections, but I like to think about the shiny uniform I'll be given after I'm drafted, and the neat powers I'll get from the radiation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Well, to be fair, it apparently makes no sense to YOU, @CatherineofAragon.  Twelve years ago Donald Trump was a businessman.  People in business routinely invite "outsiders" to weddings.  It's status...both for the businessman and the guest.  You may not like it, but it's done all the time.  Maybe you should talk with a few Chairmans of the Board and CEOs to get their take on it.  I'm sure you know several.  These conversations might help balance your perspective on this.

It might also help you to know the Trumps and the Clintons have not "socialized" since.

This is just a long-winded way of saying:  Relax, this is not a big deal, or a deal at all.

Marc T Grove ‏@mtgrove 12m12 minutes ago
Had no idea all these years I could just tell clients that nothing they have done matters because they are in business and thats what you do

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Some of nevertrump will splinter into the Constitution Party...some into the Libertarian Party...the rest will return to the GOP if Trump loses the General Election.  If Trump wins the election we may not need further elections, but I like to think about the shiny uniform I'll be given after I'm drafted, and the neat powers I'll get from the radiation.

I get dibs on the invisibility screen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

I get dibs on the invisibility screen.

I'm hoping for a second head, to mouth the voices I'm always hearing.

Offline RetBobbyMI

The GOP is a party of lost cause. There is no hope in them realizing their lost culture. They have gone dark side with all of their leadership at the federal level. You can't trust any of them.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

The GOP is a party of lost cause. There is no hope in them realizing their lost culture. They have gone dark side with all of their leadership at the federal level. You can't trust any of them.
The GOP has been my home for the majority of my life.  I don't know that I willing to abandon the Governors and state legislatures...and my Senator Ron Johnson is freakin' awesome.  He's up for re-election this November.

Offline Paladin

Those have been addressed by me.....now do you want me to start posting all the lovely comments from the Trump supporters...I've got a treasure chest full of them...two can play this game.

No, thank you, that won't be necessary. All that is really needed is equal treatment of both sides in deeds as well as words.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Paladin

"Donald Trump celebrated clinching the Republican nomination for president Thursday by eating a meal from McDonald’s.

The New York businessman posted a photo on Instagram showing him devouring fries and what appeared to be a Big Mac.

“Celebrating 1237!” Trump wrote in the caption, in reference to the number of delegates needed to win the GOP nomination outright."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/26/this-is-how-trump-celebrated-clinching-the-republican-nomination/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Mechanicos

I come from a business family (on my past husbands side). And you are correct you can be successful without practicing Trumps manner

of business.... They ran many businesses of which at that time I too was a part of.  Thuggary gets you what you want perhaps but it's

not going to work in the long run.....I think many companies will wait four years til he's out...or work around him.

If he intends to play businesses/trade as he's said they'll simply go elsewhere to do business because like it or not the world is big

enough in trade etc. they will simply go to other nations. ....and Trump knows that.  He's just selling a bill of goods to his followers

about bringing companies here....everything is happening overseas and will continue to do so IMO.

Just watching Putin after Obama and Europe cut him out should be a lesson.......while they were grumbling about Crimea he was fast

on his feet traveling throughout Asia and the ME securing contracts and agreements for industry and business.

Trump thinks he's the ONLY businessman able to secure deals.....he's not yet discovered there are many who will more than tower over

him. Building golf courses and Hotels is not the same as dealing with the politics and trade of International Leaders with the US.
No you are not correct. Its comparing apples and oranges. First. Its the Corrupt areas hes in such as New York City. Bribes are a way of life in such liberal hell holes especially for large ops.2nd I seriously doubt anybody hes compared with has operations as large as the ones Trump has. A medium to small business operating in fly over country may have some corruption they have to deal with but a large one that operates internationally headquartered in NYC is in the deep of it.

So your comparisons don't fly. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:33:38 am by Mechanicos »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RedHead

No you are not correct. Its comparing apples and oranges. First. Its the Corrupt areas hes in such as New York City. Bribes are a way of life in such liberal hell holes especially for large ops.2nd I seriously doubt anybody hes compared with has operations as large as the ones Trump has. A medium to small business operating in fly over country may have some corruption they have to deal with but a large one that operates internationally headquartered in NYC is in the deep of it.

So your comparisons don't fly.

Nor does yours.  The majority of Trump's business has been done outside of New York City.

Offline Mechanicos

Nor does yours.  The majority of Trump's business has been done outside of New York City.
I am correct since the Liberal/#neverTrump Agitprop is about Trump donating to New York Democrats. (Omitting as always he gave more to GOP) The context of the entire premise of this Principled Hatred Screed is the donations and socializing in NYC with the Democrats who run the place. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No, thank you, that won't be necessary. All that is really needed is equal treatment of both sides in deeds as well as words.

Equal treatment? You snowflakes were given you own safe space here for God's sake!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

#Trumpiphany

Offline RetBobbyMI

The GOP has been my home for the majority of my life.  I don't know that I willing to abandon the Governors and state legislatures...and my Senator Ron Johnson is freakin' awesome.  He's up for re-election this November.
Does Ron Johnson have the guts to stand up to the GOP and its move to the left?  Is he willing to fight McConnell and his cronies? Would he be willing to leave the GOP over principles?  If no to any of these, then he is no different than the rest of the RINOs.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
That guy just oozes Las Vegas cheese...right down to the fake tan and the wig.

He exudes a sleazy used car look to him.  I love it when he recently slipped and admitted that their campaign was the "Ultimate Reality TV Show"   Very sad that Trump and his minions hate this country so badly that they would turn our political process into a Survivor Episode.

Trump and company...all POS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

Time to put up or shut up, #NeverTrump.  Come to the light, see the error of continuing (as I did) and all will be forgiven. 

Online DCPatriot

Time to put up or shut up, #NeverTrump.  Come to the light, see the error of continuing (as I did) and all will be forgiven.

Must say, I'm impressed!    :beer:

I put your post up there with the...Rubio endorsement!   :laugh: