Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20476 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I haven't made up my mind if I'll write in a candidate or simply vote downticket, so I won't be sitting it out, but neither Trump nor Hillary will get my vote.

My father was in the military.  He didn't put himself in harm's way for three years for me to squander my vote on an amoral, dishonest reality show celebrity.

I will NOT dishonor the memories of my friends by voting for either Trump or Hillary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FAIL

Voting your conscience - voting for a third party or writing in a candidate - is not sitting it out.  Refusing to go along with Nuremberg rallies is principled, not sitting it out. 

We all vote our conscience @Oceander   There is nothing so special about you doing it that justifies fighting against a viable victory in November.

You're being too clever by half.

Oceander

We all vote our conscience @Oceander   There is nothing so special about you doing it that justifies fighting against a viable victory in November.

FAIL #2

Ahh, so just because Obama was destined to win in 2008 and 2012, I should have STFU and joined Team Obama?

You're being radically illogical - a common failing of Trump worshipers - if you vote your conscience, then why can't I vote mine?  There is nothing so special about you or your new god, Trump, that requires the rest of us to suffocate our consciences and vote for your god because a bunch of GOP primary voters were stupid enough to nominate him.

Would you still be quite so domineering if the GOP had nominated Clinton?  Would you still vote for her just because she was the GOP nominee?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:03:30 pm by Oceander »

Offline sinkspur

We don't WANT Trump to win.  Get that through your head.  That Hillary wins is a consequence of YOU forcing this clown on us.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RetBobbyMI

New Rasmussen Poll of 1000 likely voters shows a dead heat (statistically speaking) - 39% Trump and 40% Hilderbeast.  What's REALLY telling is that leave 21% not supporting either of these two.  Since both are barely getting 40%, it is quite likely that neither will get 270 Electoral College votes.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FAIL #2

Ahh, so just because Obama was destined to win in 2008 and 2012, I should have STFU and joined Team Obama?

You're being radically illogical - a common failing of Trump worshipers - if you vote your conscience, then why can't I vote mine?  There is nothing so special about you or your new god, Trump, that requires the rest of us to suffocate our consciences and vote for your god because a bunch of GOP primary voters were stupid enough to nominate him.

Would you still be quite so domineering if the GOP had nominated Clinton?  Would you still vote for her just because she was the GOP nominee?

IMHO, this is too irrational to answer, @Oceander

I'm out.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:15:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

New Rasmussen Poll of 1000 likely voters shows a dead heat (statistically speaking) - 39% Trump and 40% Hilderbeast.  What's REALLY telling is that leave 21% not supporting either of these two.  Since both are barely getting 40%, it is quite likely that neither will get 270 Electoral College votes.

Nah.  Trump's gotten all the Republicans he's going to get.   Most of those Sanders voters will vote for Hillary.  Look for her to get six or seven point bump out of her convention and she will never trail.

Oceander

I'm out.

Considering your opinions to-date, that's a compliment.  One who considers Trump worth voting for has opinions that are generally the opposite of reality.

Offline WAC

FAIL #2

Well that makes sense...but IMO there is 'everything senseless about this election' to go by the standard way we determine if or not to

vote for Trump. ... Heck I can't even find voting against Hillary, as I did for McCain against Obama, a reasonable argument in this

election. It just isn't working.

I admit I'm hoping the RNC/GOP will pull a rabbit out of their hat and somehow change the trajectory. ......or some event that would

change the equation before us.  But as it looks currently I'll have to side with Trump  with the hope he'll do so badly they'll impeach him

asap .....which is also why I want to know who his running mate will be.

I can't convince myself to refrain from voting.....nor just voting down ticket......it's just a dang mess!

Oceander

Well that makes sense...but IMO there is 'everything senseless about this election' to go by the standard way we determine if or not to

vote for Trump. ... Heck I can't even find voting against Hillary, as I did for McCain against Obama, a reasonable argument in this

election. It just isn't working.

I admit I'm hoping the RNC/GOP will pull a rabbit out of their hat and somehow change the trajectory. ......or some event that would

change the equation before us.  But as it looks currently I'll have to side with Trump  with the hope he'll do so badly they'll impeach him

asap .....which is also why I want to know who his running mate will be.

I can't convince myself to refrain from voting.....nor just voting down ticket......it's just a dang mess!

Which is why I'll vote third party or write in a candidate.  I won't not vote, but I sure as heck won't vote for a lying liberal, or for Clinton.

Silver Pines

I will NOT dishonor the memories of my friends by voting for either Trump or Hillary!

You said it better than I did.  Dishonor is exactly what it would be.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
We don't WANT Trump to win.  Get that through your head.  That Hillary wins is a consequence of YOU forcing this clown on us.

What a load of crap.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RetBobbyMI

:patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:

In a couple weeks, my father will turn 91.  As a WWII vet of the Okinawa invasion (1945), he can't stand and has said in no uncertain terms, that a vote for Hillary OR Trump would open the doors for another Pearl Harbor or 9/11.  I have to agree with him.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline sinkspur

What a load of crap.    :whistle:

Yes it is. Why did you dump the Trump crapwagon on America?

Online DCPatriot

I'm out.

Geezuz.....whatever you do, don't type "bye".     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yes it is. Why did you dump the Trump crapwagon on America?
What true American wants to eat a CrapWagon sandwich?

Oceander

Not if you're pretending to be a moderator to bully a newcomer from FR, you don't type "bye".

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Uh, in case you do not know...that three letter word is a very hot button for many of us recent arrivals.

Do you need me to explain why?

Online DCPatriot

Uh, in case you do not know...that three letter word is a very hot button for many of us recent arrivals.

Do you need me to explain why?

Post edited.  Stop the baiting.  You are now on warning.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:55:48 pm by Mod2 »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Post edited because quoted post was edited.

As I recall, you, DC were among the first to welcome me here. Wonder why that was...then? Because I have not changed who I was at TOS.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:56:13 pm by Mod2 »

Online DCPatriot

As I recall, you, DC were among the first to welcome me here. Wonder why that was...then? Because I have not changed who I was at TOS.

I still think the world of you, don-o.   And your wife.

One has nothing to do with the other.   

Offline Mod2

Post edited.  Stop the baiting.  You are now on warning.

Please do not bait or bully new members.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Calm down everyone and get back to the topic of this tread.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
:patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:

In a couple weeks, my father will turn 91.  As a WWII vet of the Okinawa invasion (1945), he can't stand and has said in no uncertain terms, that a vote for Hillary OR Trump would open the doors for another Pearl Harbor or 9/11.  I have to agree with him.

Your father is a wise man!  My father, now long since departed, was a South Pacific Marine as well! Guadalcanal and later Peleliu.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

Your father is a wise man!  My father, now long since departed, was a South Pacific Marine as well! Guadalcanal and later Peleliu.
Thank you.  And as a proud Veteran, a Memorial Day salute to your father as well.  :patriot: