Author Topic: TRUMP SEALS THE DEAL Unbound delegates put campaign over threshold for GOP nomination  (Read 20483 times)

HonestJohn

Nah.  Trump's gotten all the Republicans he's going to get.   Most of those Sanders voters will vote for Hillary.  Look for her to get six or seven point bump out of her convention and she will never trail.

I agree that Trump is tapped out.  Hillary can easily gain the Bernie supporters by just offering the VP position to him (or to Warren, with Bernie in the cabinet).

And her SuperPAC can air ads to persuade disaffected GOP members that she'd be better than Trump.  /as well as remind everyone about his statements (to seal up the Hispanic vote).

The thing is, to Democrats, Hillary is like Romney... a candidate they don't want, but who they can hold their nose and vote for.

Trump is a candidate that about 20-25% of the GOP cannot vote for, even holding their nose.

---

(spelling edits)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:53:45 pm by HonestJohn »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not if you're pretending to be a moderator to bully a newcomer from FR, you don't type "bye".

See DCP's post 299.  He's already telling other posters to "STHU" in a very Trumpet Freeper fashion.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:22:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I agree that Trump is tapped out.  Hillary can easily gain the Bernie supporters by just offering the VP position to him (or to Warren, with Bernie in the cabinet).

And her SuperPAC can air ads to persuade disaffected GOP members that she'd be better than Trump.  /as well as remind everyone about his statements (to seal up the Hispanic vote).

The thing is, to Democrats, Hillary is like Romney... a candidate they don't want, but who they can hold their nose and vote for.

Trump is a candidate that about 20-25% of the GOP cannot vote for, even holding their nose.

Don't forget the Democrat voter fraud.

---

(spelling edits)
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

:patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:

In a couple weeks, my father will turn 91.  As a WWII vet of the Okinawa invasion (1945), he can't stand and has said in no uncertain terms, that a vote for Hillary OR Trump would open the doors for another Pearl Harbor or 9/11.  I have to agree with him.

God bless your dad.  I appreciate all members of the armed services, but I admit I have a soft spot for WWII vets.  I was born to my parents when they were older; my father fought in the Battle of the Bulge. It breaks my heart a little every time I hear that a WWII vet has passed away.

Here's to twenty more years for your father!   :beer:

Silver Pines

Thank you.  And as a proud Veteran, a Memorial Day salute to your father as well.  :patriot:

I'll second that.

@Bigun

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:

In a couple weeks, my father will turn 91.  As a WWII vet of the Okinawa invasion (1945), he can't stand and has said in no uncertain terms, that a vote for Hillary OR Trump would open the doors for another Pearl Harbor or 9/11.  I have to agree with him.

Mine will be 91 in a few days.  Navy.  Tinian.  Iwo Jima. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mine will be 91 in a few days.  Navy.  Tinian.  Iwo Jima.

@Cyber Liberty

I think these stories and memories are wonderful and moving.  Should we start a new "Memorial Day" thread so all can share?   :patriot:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I think these stories and memories are wonderful and moving.  Should we start a new "Memorial Day" thread so all can share?   :patriot:

I don't have much to say.  It's a bit of a sore spot of lat...Dad has dementia, and I don't know if he remembers much about it these days.   8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

HonestJohn

Please don't put your comment inside the quote box.  That ascribes your words to me.

:patriot:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 08:30:38 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't have much to say.  It's a bit of a sore spot of lat...Dad has dementia, and I don't know if he remembers much about it these days.   8888crybaby

Sorry to hear this @Cyber Liberty .  My Dad's gone home.  But his memories and stories are some of his best gifts.  I hope some day, some way, you'll come to feel the same.   :bighug:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 08:37:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

On the home page there is a Memorial Day tribute.  I have posted there.  Hope the rest of y'all will too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll second that.

@Bigun

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Please don't put your comment inside the quote box.  That ascribes your words to me.

:patriot:

Didn't mean to do that.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

Cyber Liberty, I'm sorry.  My husband's grandmother recently passed; she had dementia, as well.  It's a tough road.

God bless you and your dad.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thank you.  And as a proud Veteran, a Memorial Day salute to your father as well.  :patriot:

Thank you my brother! :patriot:

My father was 34 years old when I was born. I will soon be 68.  You can do the math.

I know I don't need to tell you this because I would bet money it was the same with you.  My father and three of my uncles (Tankers and Infantry in Europe) never would say much about their war experiences around  us young'uns. At family gatherings -of which there were many more back then than there are today -  those four always gravitated into a little group separated from everyone else and talked. (I didn't understand that back then but man do I ever understand it now!) Anyway, to finish the story, at the first such gathering I attended after returning from Vietnam I was, as if by magic, suddenly allowed into that little group.   That means more to me personally than anything else I have ever received and can think of nothing that could ever conceivably surpass it. Of course they are all gone now.

Gonna go dry my eyes now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

God bless your dad.  I appreciate all members of the armed services, but I admit I have a soft spot for WWII vets.  I was born to my parents when they were older; my father fought in the Battle of the Bulge. It breaks my heart a little every time I hear that a WWII vet has passed away.

Here's to twenty more years for your father!   :beer:
Thank you! We're hoping to get him on one of the WWII memorial flights, but not sure he can make it. He is a handful with transfers from a wheelchair to whatever. Still healthy as a horse but very limited mobility. Both he and I have dedicated our whole adult life to serving this great country. If only our elected officials would carry the ethos of our service men and women.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

HonestJohn

Silver Pines

Thank you! We're hoping to get him on one of the WWII memorial flights, but not sure he can make it. He is a handful with transfers from a wheelchair to whatever. Still healthy as a horse but very limited mobility. Both he and I have dedicated our whole adult life to serving this great country. If only our elected officials would carry the ethos of our service men and women.

My heartfelt thanks to you both.

The majority of our elected officials are in it for themselves.  My father-in-law recently confronted our congressman about some of the things he said he planned to do, but never even tried.  FIL said," I gave you a large sum of money to help get you elected, but now it looks like you're one of those who were in it for the lifetime health care and $150K pension.  What do you say to that?"

The congresscritter just shrugged and walked away. 

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
IMHO, this is too irrational to answer, @Oceander

I'm out.
Actually, it's a really great, really logical question.  But it's unsurprising that you ducked it.  Lol.
Former Republican.

Offline GrouchoTex

Actually, it's a really great, really logical question.  But it's unsurprising that you ducked it.  Lol.
Do you recall any election where the nominee's supporters basically harangued us 6 to 8 weeks before the convention to get on board or else X, Y or Z will happen, and it will be our fault?
First time in my lifetime, that is for sure.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Do you recall any election where the nominee's supporters basically harangued us 6 to 8 weeks before the convention to get on board or else X, Y or Z will happen, and it will be our fault?
First time in my lifetime, that is for sure.
No.
Former Republican.

Offline RoosGirl

There was a little bit of it with Romney, but nothing like this year.

Online roamer_1

There was a little bit of it with Romney, but nothing like this year.

There was quite a bit with Romney... And with McAin't/Palin, and with DubyaII

But you are right - not anything like now.

Offline GrouchoTex

There was quite a bit with Romney... And with McAin't/Palin, and with DubyaII

But you are right - not anything like now.

Okay, you are right, but I seem to remember the push being post convention

Online roamer_1

Okay, you are right, but I seem to remember the push being post convention

Yah, prolly... with Romney... I don't rightly remember with McCain't when Palin got announced - Whether that was before the convention or at it...
I was with Pissant's crew (the old Duncan Hunter guys) till most of them bit electrons, and stood with rabscuttle386 (mostly civil libs) thereafter...
That election was hell.