Author Topic: Tom Cotton Goes Off on Senate Floor  (Read 598 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Tom Cotton Goes Off on Senate Floor
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:24:13 am »
“As a junior senator, I preside over the Senate,” Cotton said. “I usually do in the morning, which means I’m forced to listen to the bitter, vulgar, incoherent ramblings of the Minority Leader. Normally, like other Americans, I ignore them. I can’t ignore them today, however.”

Cotton made his displeasure with Reid’s decision to stall a vote on a defense bill that ultimately passed with a 98-0 vote. Reid accused Republicans of drafting the bill in the “dead of night,” leaving lawmakers with no time to read the actual bill.

“When was the last time the Minority Leader read a bill? It was probably an electricity bill,” Cotton joked.

The Republican senator also argued that the defense bill has been “public for weeks.”

“This coming from a man who drafted Obamacare in his office and rammed it through this Senate at midnight on Christmas Eve on a straight party-line vote,” Cotton said.

Cotton, a military veteran, also angrily questioned Reid’s insistence that his actions were based in his caring for U.S. troops.

“To say that he’s delaying this because he cares for the troops, a man who never served himself, a man who in April 2007 came to this very floor before the surge had even reached its peak and said the war was lost, when over 100 Americans were being killed in Iraq every month, when I was carrying their dead bodies off an airplane at Dover Air Force Base,” he added, calling Reid’s claim an “outrage.”

Reid’s only interest, Cotton said, is in saving his “sad, sorry legacy” in the Senate.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/25/tom-cotton-goes-off-on-senate-floor-normally-i-can-ignore-bitter-vulgar-incoherent-ramblings-of-harry-reid-but-not-today/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Tom Cotton Goes Off on Senate Floor
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:27:13 am »
blij26 Senator Cotton Rocks!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:34:38 am »
This is the worst government money can buy.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:37:12 am »
Sounds like Reid may have had to change his Depends after those comments.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:38 am »
Good for the junior Senator from Arkansas.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:14:32 am by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 11:49:57 am »
 Senator explodes over Reid's 'bitter, vulgar, incoherent ramblings'
Posted By Garth Kant On 05/25/2016 @ 4:10 pm In Front Page,Politics
WASHINGTON – Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., unleashed a tirade against Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., bemoaning that, “I am forced to listen to the bitter, vulgar, incoherent ramblings of the minority leader.”

“Normally, like every other American, I ignore them,” he continued, “I can’t ignore them today, however.”

Cotton made the comments on the Senate floor Wednesday, while blasting Reid for “his cancerous leadership” and for trying delay a defense spending bill that had just passed by a vote of 98-0.

Cotton ridiculed Reid for claiming the bill was written “in the dead of night,” noting it had been public for weeks.

“And this coming from a man who drafted Obamacare in his office and rammed it through this Senate at midnight on Christmas Eve, on a straight party line vote?”

Sen. Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.

Cotton called Reid’s claim “an outrageous slander.”

“To say that he’s delaying this because he cares for the troops? A man who never served himself?” continued Cotton. “A man who, in April 2007, came to this very floor before the surge had even reached its peak and said the war is lost? When over 100 Americans were being killed in Iraq every month? When I was carrying their dead bodies off an airplane at Dover Air Force Base?

“It is an outrage to say we had to delay this because he cares for the troops. We are protecting it for one reason and one reason only: to protect his own sad, sorry legacy.”

The senator bitterly remarked, “When was the last time the minority leader read a bill? It was probably an electricity bill.”

Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/senator-explodes-over-reids-bitter-vulgar-incoherent-ramblings/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 11:52:01 am »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!