Author Topic: NRA Endorses Donald Trump for President  (Read 5534 times)

Offline Mechanicos

NRA Endorses Donald Trump for President
« on: May 20, 2016, 07:21:30 pm »
NRA Endorses Donald Trump for President

The National Rifle Association endorsed Donald Trump for president at its convention today.

Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, made the endorsement immediately before Trump walked on stage.

"Now is the time to unite. If your preferred candidate dropped out of the race, it's time to get over it," Cox said earlier in his remarks.

The news of the endorsement came shortly before Trump addressed the group at their convention in Kentucky.

rump almost immediately pounced on Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, saying "crooked Hillary" is "anti-gun" and “wants to take your guns away” if elected. He also said deadly mass shootings like the recent one in San Bernardino, California, could be avoided if more people were armed.

"The Second Amendment is under a threat like never before," Trump said. "Crooked Hillary Clinton is the most anti-gun ... candidate ever to run for office. And, as I said before, she wants to abolish the Second Amendment. She wants to take your guns away. She wants to abolish it.”

He also reiterated his policy promise to eliminate gun-free zones, which exist at some schools and at military bases.

"We're getting rid of gun-free zones, I can tell you," he said today.

Trump has spoken about his support of the Second Amendment regularly on the campaign trail and is a gun owner himself.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nra-endorse-donald-trump-president/story?id=39253893

:2gunz:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Re: NRA Endorses Donald Trump for President
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 07:40:59 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:48:08 pm »
Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  58m58 minutes ago
“They talk about the magazines, they talk about the bullets.” — Donald Trump

Andrew Stiles ‏@AndrewStilesUSA  58m58 minutes ago
Donald Trump embraces Two Amendment

Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  55m55 minutes ago
Paris is not “the toughest place in the world to have a gun,” however many times Donald Trump says it.

Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  52m52 minutes ago
It’s embarrassing that the NRA endorsed Trump, not because it doesn’t make sense—he is marginally better than HRC is—but because he’s Trump.

Tim Mak ‏@timkmak  52m52 minutes ago
Honestly I'm surprised Trump doesn't already have a multilevel marketing pyramid scheme for firearms called Trump Guns

Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp  52m52 minutes ago
Just called up Trump’s Mar-a-Lago. Receptionist tells me it’s a gun-free club.

Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  48m48 minutes ago
This is what happens when somebody who doesn’t understand a topic is asked to give a national speech on it.

TimbO'Tree ‏@joshuetree  1h1 hour ago
@jbarro "You can take my gun from my cold, dead, oddly small hands!"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 09:17:37 pm »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:37:22 pm »
I gave the NRA my lifetime membership back over twenty years ago.  I was running for a seat in the Texas legislature at the time aganst a very bad Democrat committee chair who had voted against conceald carry three separate times. The NRA endorsed him over me because their area rep was a former member of the legislature and buds with my opponent.

I'm  now a member of GOA and couldn't be happier.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 09:55:44 pm »
This is what happens when a group wants to fast track a total sellout of their principles.  They did not HAVE TO endorse anyone.  Instead they went the compromise route which is a billboard to all politicians that they won't really have to pay for their anti-gun positions as long as they can land in a spot slightly better than the other guy.  STUPID if you care about the 2nd Amendment.

Appeasement NEVER works out very well for anyone other than the appeased.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 10:11:51 pm »

Trump said, "We're going to eliminate gun free zones".

What power does the POTUS have to do that. Aside from perhaps federal buildings, schools, and federal lands, aren't most of them in place due to state legislation?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 10:34:53 pm »
SOURCE: ABC NEWS

URL: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nra-endorse-donald-trump-president/story?id=39253893

By JOHN SANTUCCI MEGHAN KENEALLY 

The National Rifle Association endorsed Donald Trump for president at its convention today.

Chris Cox, the executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, made the endorsement immediately before Trump walked on stage.

"Now is the time to unite. If your preferred candidate dropped out of the race, it's time to get over it," Cox said earlier in his remarks.

The news of the endorsement came shortly before Trump addressed the group at their convention in Kentucky.

Trump almost immediately pounced on Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, saying "crooked Hillary" is "anti-gun" and “wants to take your guns away” if elected. He also said deadly mass shootings like the recent one in San Bernardino, California, could be avoided if more people were armed.

"The Second Amendment is under a threat like never before," Trump said. "Crooked Hillary Clinton is the most anti-gun ... candidate ever to run for office. And, as I said before, she wants to abolish the Second Amendment. She wants to take your guns away. She wants to abolish it.”

He also reiterated his policy promise to eliminate gun-free zones, which exist at some schools and at military bases.

Trump has spoken about his support of the Second Amendment regularly on the campaign trail and is a gun owner himself.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 10:39:24 pm »

Ooohs noese. More common sense.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 10:51:24 pm »
Good Grief!

Jesus could endorse Trump and everyone would be looking for twitter quotes and googling atheists to find derogatory info. **nononono*
 **nononono*

The NRA did not endorse Mitt until october 2012.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 10:51:42 pm »
He's the only Republican left in the race, I would be shocked that they didn't.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RedHead

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 11:12:32 pm »

Does that include the gun free zone in the Capitol and at the White House?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 11:15:58 pm »
Glad I dumped the worthless NRA a long time ago...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 11:19:11 pm »
Good Grief!

Jesus could endorse Trump and everyone would be looking for twitter quotes and googling atheists to find derogatory info. **nononono*
 **nononono*

You got that right. Where did the idea come from, for this site to become #NeverTrumpBriefingRoom," anyway?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

A-Lert

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 11:21:55 pm »
Glad I dumped the worthless NRA a long time ago...

8888crybaby

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 11:24:06 pm »
You got that right. Where did the idea come from, for this site to become #NeverTrumpBriefingRoom," anyway?

:shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 11:25:25 pm »
Good Grief!

**nononono*

The NRA is selling out to a candidate who has a long track record of supporting gun control.

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 11:26:00 pm »
This is what happens when a group wants to fast track a total sellout of their principles.  They did not HAVE TO endorse anyone.  Instead they went the compromise route which is a billboard to all politicians that they won't really have to pay for their anti-gun positions as long as they can land in a spot slightly better than the other guy.  STUPID if you care about the 2nd Amendment.

So you don't support concealed carry reciprocity? Elimination of gun free zones? Allowing individuals to have firearms on military bases?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 11:27:04 pm »

Trump said, "We're going to eliminate gun free zones".

What power does the POTUS have to do that. Aside from perhaps federal buildings, schools, and federal lands, aren't most of them in place due to state legislation?

He can't.

(But, hey!  His Big Smith wearing, toothpick-in-the-teeth chewing supporters don't know that).

A-Lert

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 11:29:01 pm »
The NRA is selling out to a candidate who has a long track record of supporting gun control.

Ronald Reagan had a long record as a democrat, voting for FDR 4 times. Reagan turned into a Republican and a pretty good POTUS.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 11:29:29 pm »

We told you we wouldn't support this worthless cretin, but you tried to shove him down our throats anyway.

Didn't work and won't work.

Put up somebody we can all support and we'll unite.

Trump ain't that somebody.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »
So you don't support concealed carry reciprocity? Elimination of gun free zones? Allowing individuals to have firearms on military bases?

Trump can't eliminate state gun free zones, which are 95% of such zones.