Author Topic: NRA Endorses Donald Trump for President  (Read 5533 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: NRA Endorses Donald Trump for President
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2016, 02:56:59 am »
I posted this on the thread about Trump and gun free zones.  I thought it was appropriate to post here also.

I read an article today about Sheldon Adelson throwing support to Trump.  He had previously supported Cruz.  This guy has apparently been a large contributor to Freedom's Watch, which for the most part appears to support conservative values.  Except for this little gem on their website:

Second Amendment

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to each American to bear arms. This is a sacred right, but there is nothing wrong with requiring real background checks and registration to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of crazy people, criminals and terrorists. Freedom Watch will take strong action to pursue these principles of self protection and safety for our families.

Y'all caught that part about registration, right?

A-Lert

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2016, 03:13:06 am »
Heller says that jurisdictions can impose restrictions on gun ownership and usage.  Gun Free zones are apparently part of that.

Gun ownership is restricted now. As far as I know, my home can be a "gun free zone" if I so desired. Whenever I'm about to enter a private residence I always inform the owner that I am armed and if they wish I'll leave my weapon in my vehicle. I've never yet had anyone request that I leave my weapon in my vehicle.

Gun purchase restrictions and ownership  are for convicted felons and mentally ill. Usage  restrictions are generally for  where firearms can be discharged. A person isn't going to be allowed to target practice with a centerfire weapon in a populated area. (common sense) unless it is a closed range.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2016, 03:49:31 am »
Then why would you disagree with keeping him from a position of power?

I answered honestly and you played to type and refused to. You answer my question and I'll be happy to answer yours.

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2016, 04:59:24 am »
I answered honestly and you played to type and refused to. You answer my question and I'll be happy to answer yours.

If you are unable to figure out what I think of Schumer and Durbin, you're hopeless.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2016, 01:23:11 pm »
Donald Trump endorsed by NRA: ‘Fantastic honor’

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is introduced by National Rifle Association executive director Chris W. Cox , left, and NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre as he takes the stage to speak at the NRA convention, Friday, May 20, 2016, in Louisville, Ky. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Friday, May 20, 2016

LOUISVILLE — In a surprise move, the National Rifle Association on Friday is endorsing likely GOP nominee Donald Trump for president, The Washington Times has learned.

While Mr. Trump has at times strayed from conservative orthodoxy on hot-button issues like abortion and federal entitlements during his White House run, gun rights advocates have said he’s been solid on issues tied to the Second Amendment since announcing his run for president last June.

Mr. Trump also has not been shy about slamming likely Democratic president nominee Hillary Clinton on the issue, saying at a recent rally that Mrs. Clinton wants to “take your guns away” and “abolish the Second Amendment.”

Some high-profile Republicans, notably House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, have indicated in recent weeks that they’re not quite ready to embrace Mr. Trump as the GOP nominee.

But the NRA’s blessing is a another signal that many conservatives are steadily unifying behind Mr. Trump, and the resources and energy at the gun-rights group’s disposal will be a significant boost as he looks ahead to the general election contest.

Mr. Trump was one of a host of speakers slated to address gun-rights enthusiasts at the NRA-ILA’s “Leadership Forum” in Louisville Friday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/20/nra-endorsing-donald-trump-president/

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2016, 01:56:25 pm »
No. YOU don't understand the citizens can make determinations for public property through the ballot box.  It's done all the time.

No, they cannot do that if doing so violates the 2nd amendment of the consitution. On private property, its an entirely different story. Your understanding of how the constitution applies in a public setting vs a private one is disturbingly ill informed.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2016, 01:58:26 pm »
Heller says that jurisdictions can impose restrictions on gun ownership and usage.  Gun Free zones are apparently part of that.

Yes Heller does, which is why a Trump court with a new conservative majority is needed...and is the solution. So when you cite Heller, you are making my point. Trump fixes this problem with the supreme court, and the second a conservative court is seated you can rest assured that groups like the NRA will file the appropriate lawsuits to bring about new rulings which re-establish the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »

It looks like Trump's check finally cleared the bank...probably why the vets ain't getting the $6 million they were promised.

What happened to Trump's donations to veterans?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/donald-trump-veterans-donations/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2016, 02:02:59 pm »
No, they cannot do that if doing so violates the 2nd amendment of the consitution. On private property, its an entirely different story. Your understanding of how the constitution applies in a public setting vs a private one is disturbingly ill informed.

Gun free zones on public property are constitutional.  Prove otherwise.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2016, 02:04:03 pm »
Yes Heller does, which is why a Trump court with a new conservative majority is needed...and is the solution. So when you cite Heller, you are making my point. Trump fixes this problem with the supreme court, and the second a conservative court is seated you can rest assured that groups like the NRA will file the appropriate lawsuits to bring about new rulings which re-establish the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

And you think conservative jurists will pass muster with a Democrat Senate?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2016, 02:08:44 pm »
And you think conservative jurists will pass muster with a Democrat Senate?

You are assuming the GOP loses 5 seats, and I disagree with that assumption. If that happens ANY president will struggle with nominees, but its also true that there are still a few conservative Dem Senators...Manchin from WV, Heitkamp from ND and  Tester from MT for example...who could be convinced to support a conservative nominee.

As for what is currently considered constitutional regarding gun free zones...again...this is our point. A conservative court is the only fix, and at this point Donald Trump is the ONLY chance of making that happen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:09:57 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2016, 02:53:25 pm »

Remember you were the one who used the words "Ill informed" because if that "public" setting , including public sidewalks, roads, and highways fall within 1000 feet of defined schools they are subject to the law's legal restrictions of the Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) of 1990.   

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2016, 03:00:11 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djHIjRKtSOg

This from a pro-gun popular youtuber explains pretty well where we find ourselves in this election. Though unlike him I  personally will not hold my nose this time. I'm voting instead for liberty - be that third party or a write-in.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2016, 03:11:32 pm »
This from a pro-gun popular youtuber explains pretty well where we find ourselves in this election.
He did a very nice job promoting the human bag of s#1+.  I'm not voting for 1 of the 2 evils either.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »
He did a very nice job promoting the human bag of s#1+.  I'm not voting for 1 of the 2 evils either.

I think he was promoting third party, more that the human bag of s#1+.    He did say if it looks like Hillary in a land-slide he was voting third party, and only if it looked like a dead heat would he vote for Trump.    Foe me, it's third party or a write-in, and living in WA it would not matter anyway, because this is a solid blue state.

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2016, 03:26:48 pm »
I think he was promoting third party, more that the human bag of s#1+.    He did say if it looks like Hillary in a land-slide he was voting third party, and only if it looked like a dead heat would he vote for Trump.    Foe me, it's third party or a write-in, and living in WA it would not matter anyway, because this is a solid blue state.
I got what he was saying.  It was pretty funny. :laugh:

I live in WI.  We used to be a purple state.  We might still be, but there is no way Trump will win here without a major change in the political landscape like a war, terrorist attack, or economic disaster. 

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2016, 03:44:24 pm »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A-Lert

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2016, 01:33:27 am »

A-Lert

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2016, 01:40:19 am »

In case you've been living in a bubble, this is 2016.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2016, 01:54:08 am »
In case you've been living in a bubble, this is 2016.

It's 2017 we are all worried about. And electing a big-government, federal-mandating, liberty-crushing, flip-flopping progressive statist narcissist of either party is devastating to the very founding of this nation. As are those who follow either of them..Clinton or Trump.  :chairbang:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:55:09 am by BigHomer »

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2016, 02:13:39 am »

It's 2017 we are all worried about. And electing a big-government, federal-mandating, liberty-crushing, flip-flopping progressive statist narcissist of either party is devastating to the very founding of this nation. As are those who follow either of them..Clinton or Trump.  :chairbang:

Well if you have a realistic, rational alternative, be sure to let the RNC know prior to the convention. As far as I'm concerned, the people have spoken. I'll support the Republican candidate against any demonrat.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:59 am »
Well if you have a realistic, rational alternative, be sure to let the RNC know prior to the convention. As far as I'm concerned, the people have spoken. I'll support the Republican candidate against any demonrat.

There is the crux of the problem. No rational human being would choose to vote for Hillary or Trump, but in terms of winning the election there is no realistic alternative in 2016.

I'll vote rationally because my integrity is more important than being a political <synonym for prostitute> for either unacceptable alternative.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:54:40 am by BigHomer »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2016, 12:48:38 pm »
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.