Author Topic: RNC's Priebus: Anti-Trump, Third Party Efforts a 'Suicide Mission'  (Read 20124 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I didn't hop on the Romney bandwagon and I have zero intent helping in their latest 'Republican Marriage" to the left.

:hands:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Convention:  There are many ways to prevent Trump receiving 1,237 delegates on the 1st ballot such as changes to the rules allowing individual state bound delegates to vote according to their own beliefs, values, etc., or simply a certain number delegates abstaining on the 1st ballot.

With Trump revealing his lack of core principles more each day, I hope he will not get 1237 votes on the first ballot and that Ted Cruz will prevail.  :0001:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

Why?  Because only Trump the Saviour can save us from the immigrant invasion?

Because Trump is the only one saying anything about trying to stop them.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

:hands:

For those unaware of the term "Republican Marriage"

From Wiki...

This form of execution is attributed to French Revolutionary Jean-Baptiste Carrier,[8] who was sent to Nantes to suppress the counterrevolutionary forces and to appoint a Revolutionary Committee. One historian described the use of the practice as follows:

A Revolutionary Tribunal was established [at Nantes], of which Carrier was the presiding demon—Carrier, known in all nations as the inventor of that last of barbarous atrocities, the Republican Marriage, in which two persons of different genders, generally an old man and an old woman, or a young man and a young woman, bereft of every kind of clothing, were bound together before the multitude, exposed in a boat in that situation for half an hour or more, and then thrown into the river.[8]

Details of the practice vary slightly, but are generally consistent with the description offered above. One author described how "marriages Républicains... consisted in binding together a man and woman, back to back, stripped naked, keeping them exposed for an hour, and then hurling them into the current of "la Baignoire Nationale", as the bloodhounds termed the Loire".[9] British radical and Girondist sympathizer Helen Maria Williams, in her Sketch of the Politics of France, 1793–94,[10] wrote that "innocent young women were unclothed in the presence of the monsters; and, to add a deeper horror to this infernal act of cruelty, were tied to young men, and both were cut down with sabers, or thrown into the river; and this kind of murder was called a republican marriage".[10]

Offline Mechanicos

Your candidate wants a big beautiful door in his wall to let the deported criminals back in. Don't blame us for gangs of muslims. Or Mexican gangs.
Stop lying please. Trump has never said he wanted more then LEGAL immigration. What part of Legal is it you cannpt understand. Hint Think Ellis island and normal immigrant guidelines. Or are you an open border liberal?
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Norm Lenhart

Stop lying please. Trump has never said he wanted more then LEGAL immigration. What part of Legal is it you cannpt understand. Hint Think Ellis island and normal immigrant guidelines. Or are you an open border liberal?

What lie? They are here. Thats a crime. He wants criminals to go there and come back with his blessing. You can blather all you want. I've been called worse than liar by better people. Words mean things. And your candidate wants a multi billion dollar carnival ride. We should save the money and just skip the kabuki theater.

Offline Mechanicos

As I see it, there are only two options to stop Trump: (1) Prevent 1,237 votes at Convention, or (2) 3rd Party candidate OR candidates preventing either the DEM or GOP reaching 270 electoral votes thus the House selecting our next president.  Both options remain viable however both have their risks, advantages, and disadvantages.

Convention:  There are many ways to prevent Trump receiving 1,237 delegates on the 1st ballot such as changes to the rules allowing individual state bound delegates to vote according to their own beliefs, values, etc., or simply a certain number delegates abstaining on the 1st ballot.  A course chaos would ensue at the convention and the "Branch Trumpidians" would be crying the rest of their lives.

Which will fracture the party ensuring Hillary wins and no conservative will ever be in the White House again for a generation.

3rd Party Candidate:  I consider this option to be more dangerous with the desired outcome unknown until the night of the election.  Let's say for example, Romney is on the presidential ballot in Utah.  Six (6) electoral votes would be denied to Trump/Clinton.   Let's say for example that Cruz is on the presidential ballot in Texas (i know the deadline is past however this can be challenged by the court system in TX) and therefore Cruz wins the 28 electoral votes.  Another state where this could be accomplished would be Wisconsin. 

Same result. Stupid #neverTrump options all equal the Democrat winning.

Remember that Amendment XII to the Constitution contains the following:

The concern here is to make sure the preferred 3rd Party candidate is no less that 3rd place.  I would assume the Libertarian Party is presently the greatest challenge to this 3rd place finish?

Choose your poison pill, either way it will get ugly!  The fat lady has not even started to warm up yet!

Offline Mechanicos

What lie? They are here. Thats a crime. He wants criminals to go there and come back with his blessing. You can blather all you want. I've been called worse than liar by better people. Words mean things. And your candidate wants a multi billion dollar carnival ride. We should save the money and just skip the kabuki theater.

You lie! Trump has never said that. He said they had to enter Legally. What part of Legal immigration is escaping your cognitive process? Better yet who was paid to train you to think like that and why?

Offline Norm Lenhart

You lie! Trump has never said that. He said they had to enter Legally. What part of Legal immigration is escaping your cognitive process? Better yet who was paid to train you to think like that and why?

Sorry. You need to read your candidate's speeches before embarrassing yourself any more.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Which will fracture the party ensuring Hillary wins and no conservative will ever be in the White House again for a generation.

The party is already fractured.  Some would also argue if Trump were on the ticket that the Senate and/or House would also be lost? 

PS:  I duly noted your posting history and propensity for the Trump conspiracy theories!
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline bolobaby

Try and get out of your own way.  The Republican voters have chosen Trump.  Stand with them now, or they will remember later.

Guess I'm not a Republican anymore then, just a conservative.

I *do* remember the days when Republicans WERE the conservatives.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

A-Lert

He wants criminals to go there and come back with his blessing. Words mean things.

Then you will be so generous and post Trump's exact words supporting your claim? Words mean things as you stated.

Offline bolobaby

Nope.  You have the same choice as every other American.  Choose to win with Trump or you choose to win with Hillary.

There is nothing so special about you that you get to sit on the sidelines.

This reminds me of a psycho mom with an ugly baby. All she wants is for people to say her baby is cute, when everyone knows it is not. So she fishes and fishes and fishes.

The Trumpettes are desperate for the same validation. They are DEMANDING we fall in line or "pay the consequences" of the situation THEY'VE created.

Hey Trumpettes: Your baby is ugly.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Guess I'm not a Republican anymore then, just a conservative. 

Okay.  Start your own party. Go...and Godspeed.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Then you will be so generous and post Trump's exact words supporting your claim? Words mean things as you stated.

Happy to oblidge! Try to follow along because as we agree, words mean things.

"Presidential hopeful Donald Trump insisted Wednesday night that he has what it takes to get Mexico to build a wall along the U.S. border.

"We're going to do a wall; we're going to have a big, fat beautiful door on the wall; we're going to have people come in, but they're going to come in legally," Trump said at the third Republican debate, hosted by CNBC."

From American Thinker

"    Two years ago, Trump met with immigration activists who told them their stories and asked for his support on immigration. “You convinced me,” Trump said as the meeting ended.

... the DREAMers began telling their life stories... “You know, the truth is I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” [Trump] told them, using the term for undocumented immigrants those in the meeting found offensive. “You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics — if it wasn’t for them my lawn wouldn’t be the lawn it is, it’s the best lawn,” Pacheco recalled Trump saying.

Trump said he knew the work of undocumented people is what makes his golf courses and hotels great.

“At the end of the day, what we’re looking at is a value proposition for America,” Tijerino said to Trump at the end of the meeting, referring to immigration legislation.

“You’ve convinced me,” Trump said to the delight of the activists in the room.

“We all smiled at each other and said, ‘Wow, we did it, we got this guy to change his mind,’” Pacheco said.
"

Now since we agree words mean things, To get his illegal criminals back through his big beautifully, that means, by the very definition of the word, they must be granted AMNESTY.

Deny it all you like.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I *do* remember the days when Republicans WERE the conservatives.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.  The Republican Party was never a conservative party.  There were 8 years when you may have thought so, but no.  Reagan was tolerated because of his popularity with the American people.

At his core Reagan was a national defense conservative and a national policy populist.  He did not shy away from tariffs, negotiating with Democrats and increasing the national debt--when and where he felt it appropriate and in the best interest of the American people.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus

... the DREAMers began telling their life stories... “You know, the truth is I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” [Trump] told them, using the term for undocumented immigrants those in the meeting found offensive. “You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics — if it wasn’t for them my lawn wouldn’t be the lawn it is, it’s the best lawn,” Pacheco recalled Trump saying.

But, but, but a wall  :#@$%:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Norm Lenhart

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.  The Republican Party was never a conservative party.  There were 8 years when you may have thought so, but no.  Reagan was tolerated because of his popularity with the American people.

At his core Reagan was a national defense conservative and a national policy populist.  He did not shy away from tariffs, negotiating with Democrats and increasing the national debt--when and where he felt it appropriate and in the best interest of the American people.

Just so you know, rewriting history to serve a propaganda purpose does not CHANGE history.

Offline Norm Lenhart

But, but, but a wall  :#@$%:

NO, no no...

WAAAAAaaaAAAAAaaaaaLLLLLL! (gasp for air)

WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

(drool forms in puddle at feet)

W W W W W A A A A A A A A A L L L L L L L L LL L L L L LL L L L L LL L L L L LL    LLLLLLL     LLLLLL     (GASP/CHOKE/TURN BLUE/FAINT)

walllll.....(during sleep)

A-Lert

Happy to oblidge! Try to follow along because as we agree, words mean things.

Now since we agree words mean things, To get his illegal criminals back through his big beautifully, that means, by the very definition of the word, they must be granted AMNESTY.

Try to keep up and keep current. Thanks.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/donald-trump-criminal-illegals-immigration/2015/08/19/id/670921/

Donald Trump says he'll be shipping out criminal illegal immigrants on "Day One" of his presidency.

Trump took questions from reporters on Wednesday in Derry, New Hampshire, where he was immediately asked about his promise to deport illegal immigrants before allowing some to return legally.

"It starts with getting the bad ones," Trump said pointing to illegal immigrant gang members in Baltimore and Chicago.

"Day one. If I win, day one of my presidency, they're getting out. We're getting them out. We're getting them out fast," Trump said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/17/trump-calls-for-deportation-illegal-immigrants-end-to-birthright-citizenship.html

Trump calls for deportation of illegal immigrants, end to birthright citizenship

The Republican presidential front-runner sought Sunday to detail his policies on several fronts, after weeks of criticism that his campaign has been short on specifics. His rolled out his immigration platform on his website and in a Sunday show interview.

As part of it, Trump said he wants to rescind President Obama's executive orders on immigration; deport many of those in the U.S. illegally while providing an expedited return process for "the good ones;" and do away with automatic citizenship for children of illegal immigrants born on U.S. soil.

The Trump campaign said the policy, known as birthright citizenship, is the "biggest magnet" for illegal immigration.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This quote, right here, is what's wrong with the Trump movement. You have NO right to threaten me over my beliefs. NONE! I will not tolerate it. If you want to gang attack me because I dare question your leader's fitness, that reflects worse on you than it does on me.

I've put up with enough bullying in my life. I will be DAMNED if I let some political goon push me around as an adult.

It's a damned lie to begin with!  Republican voters DID NOT choose Trump! Only a small minority and their democrat cohorts did that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Try to keep up and keep current. Thanks.

With certainty I will! And since I seem to be far ahead of the curve here, please do keep up.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/trump-all-my-policies-are-just-suggestions.html

"Yeah. It was a suggestion. Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president, everything is a suggestion,” Trump reasoned. “No matter what you say, it's a suggestion."

A-Lert

It's a damned lie to begin with!  Republican voters DID NOT choose Trump! Only a small minority and their democrat cohorts did that!

8bs8

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
With certainty I will! And since I seem to be far ahead of the curve here, please do keep up.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/trump-all-my-policies-are-just-suggestions.html

"Yeah. It was a suggestion. Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president, everything is a suggestion,” Trump reasoned. “No matter what you say, it's a suggestion."

Donald Trump, Suh-jester in Chief  :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Norm Lenhart

8bs8

We agree! The fact is a lot of unthinking people across the political spectrum empowered him.