Author Topic: Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion  (Read 9929 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion
« on: May 13, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-everything-i-say-suggestion-223157

By Nick Gass

05/13/16 07:54 AM EDT

To hear Donald Trump explain his various proposals on Friday, including a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States—with exceptions, the presumptive Republican nominee made one thing clear: As of right now, they are all just suggestions.

Calling into "Fox & Friends," his final television hit of the morning, Trump was asked by co-host Brian Kilmeade about the response to his comment that his Muslim ban was "just a suggestion."

"Yeah. It was a suggestion. Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president," Trump said. "Everything is a suggestion, no matter what you say, it's a suggestion."

"I feel strongly we have to do something about when you look at radical Islamic terrorism, we have a president that as you folks know very well, we have a president who won't use the term for the World Trade Center, he won't use the term. And we have to do something. And you're not going to do something about it until you know what the problem is," Trump said.

Trump also said he has spoken with Rudy Giuliani about heading a commission looking at immigration problems in the U.S.

"I have spoken to Rudy Giuliani. We're going to put together a group," he said. "We're going to look at the problem. We're going to study the problem. It's a temporary ban. I feel very strongly that we have to find out what the problem is. When you look at San Bernardino, when you look at Paris, when you look at all of these horrible, horrible acts of hatred, this is pure hatred. We have to find out and get to the bottom of the problem before we can solve it."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Re: Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:00:46 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-everything-i-say-suggestion-223157

Words that have never been spoken by a true leader in the history of the world  :banghead:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:10:57 pm »
Trump is a clown who is in far over his head. Wonder how his adoring fans feel about this?  **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:17 pm »
$neverTrump needs to get some common sense. Trump is not the President, nor is he guaranteed to win the election. So yes its HIS suggestion and Goal but if hes not elected it will only be a suggestion. That's all it is at THIS time. In the Future it will be action, but for now its not.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:16:07 pm »
$neverTrump needs to get some common sense. Trump is not the President, nor is he guaranteed to win the election. So yes its HIS suggestion and Goal but if hes not elected it will only be a suggestion. That's all it is at THIS time. In the Future it will be action, but for now its not.
8detect8
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 02:18:18 pm »
So Trump has the Power now to make his Goals work? Tell me how can he do that until he gets elected President? I am interested in your understanding of how much power a candidate has before they are elected?
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »
People who will fall for Trump will fall for anything.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 03:04:42 pm »
Trump has no core principles- everything is negotiable including the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 03:30:41 pm »
So Trump has the Power now to make his Goals work? Tell me how can he do that until he gets elected President? I am interested in your understanding of how much power a candidate has before they are elected?

This isn't about power. This is about what exactly will Donny do if he gets in. All of these promises are now just "suggestions". It means he is just saying them for votes and really doesn't have any interest in implementing them.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 03:38:48 pm »
Trump has no core principles- everything is negotiable including the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Leader: Plan- An orderly or step-by-step conception or proposal for accomplishing an objective

Not a leader: Suggestion - the process of inducing a thought, sensation, or action in a receptive person without using persuasion and without giving rise to reflection in the recipient

Offline kjam22

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 03:47:37 pm »

What exactly is the difference between a King Trumpy suggestion.... and King Trumpy's Official Platform?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:48:12 pm by kjam22 »
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 04:19:42 pm »

In times past, when we had statesmen, and even some JR. Ruling Class Oligarchs pining for office - they would create POLICY PLATFORMS that were not "suggestions" but concrete blueprints and plans for what they hoped to achieve once they held office.

Trump has *suggestions*.

Suggestions that can be changed and modified, depending on whom he is speaking to at the moment.

Trump has made it clear, he will say anything for anyone, at anytime - and change his mind about it later.

Trump intends to rule, not govern.

And the seig-heiling mob of sycophants are already cheering on the calls for him to act as dictator.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:20:55 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »
Some seem OK with changing campaign promises into "campaign suggestions" for just Trump. Campaign promises are as old as elections themselves. We elect people because of what they say they will do, beginning on their first day in office.  If I went by suggestions, I may as well vote for the loud mouth at the end of the bar,  - they seem to have some pretty good suggestions.   All this is, is a way out for Trump as he backs away from a divisive stance, that could keep Sanders voters from crossing over.  And Trumpsters are perfectly fine with it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 04:32:26 pm »

I must at least give some credit to the persistence in trying to tamp down the growing dumpster fire that Trump's own mouth is creating.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:33:55 pm by don-o »

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »

Some seem OK with changing campaign promises into "campaign suggestions" for just Trump. Campaign promises are as old as elections themselves. We elect people because of what they say they will do, beginning on their first day in office.  If I went by suggestions, I may as well vote for the loud mouth at the end of the bar,  - they seem to have some pretty good suggestions.   All this is, is a way out for Trump as he backs away from a divisive stance, that could keep Sanders voters from crossing over.  And Trumpsters are perfectly fine with it.

:amen:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 04:45:00 pm »

So why run on any Platform, Policy, or Principle at all?
Oh yeah, my bad, that's what he is doing.

Don't you want to promote clear cut ideas to differentiate yourself from others running?
How do you show you have better solutions, rather than "suggestions"?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:54:35 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 04:49:17 pm »
I guess make America Great again might just be a suggestion.

At least Trump is being honest, in a San Fernando Red (from the Red Skelton Show) kind of way.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline kjam22

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 04:50:55 pm »
So why run on any Platform, Policy, or Principle at all?
Oh yeah, my bad, that's what he is doing.

Don't you want to promote clear cut ideas to differentiate yourself from others running?
How do show you have better solutions, rather than "suggestions"?

I'm running for president..... but..... Everything that I say now is a suggestion?     That is insulting.  Insulting that King Trumpy would think we would believe that.  Insulting that he would think the American public would be so stupid to accept that from a candidate.     But then I look around at all of the King Trumpy Worshipers and you know..... he is right about a segment of the American public.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 04:51:46 pm »

Words that have never been spoken by a true leader in the history of the world  :banghead:

Big, we are witnessing the biggest political scam of the millennium.   It is an absolute mystery how this many people can be duped into supporting this political Trojan Horse.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 04:53:57 pm »

At least Trump is being honest, in a San Fernando Red (from the Red Skelton Show) kind of way.

Build a wall is just a suggestion.   Get mexico to pay for it is just a suggestion.    Renegotiate the Iran Nuke deal is just a suggestion. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 04:56:53 pm »
I'm running for president..... but..... Everything that I say now is a suggestion?     That is insulting.  Insulting that King Trumpy would think we would believe that.  Insulting that he would think the American public would be so stupid to accept that from a candidate.     But then I look around at all of the King Trumpy Worshipers and you know..... he is right about a segment of the American public.

Sure, why not, let's vote for "whatever" for president?
Isn't that what this admission of it all being "suggestions" amounts to?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »
Funny, $neverTrump promised to oppose Trumps Platform. So in real world until he can negotiate them to get on board they are just his wanting them not law. Common sense people Just like Cruz's platform was nothing more then his suggestionsof what he wanted. Until they become law they they are stated goals not things that have happened yet.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 05:01:43 pm »
Sure, why not, let's vote for "whatever" for president?
Isn't that what this admission of it all being "suggestions" amounts to?
There's a wise old poverb about buying a pig in a poke.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 05:03:24 pm »

Damn!  You're old.  So am I.  I remember Red and Klem Kadiddlehopper.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 05:06:57 pm »
Funny, $neverTrump promised to oppose Trumps Platform. So in real world until he can negotiate them to get on board they are just his wanting them not law. Common sense people Just like Cruz's platform was nothing more then his suggestionsof what he wanted. Until they become law they they are stated goals not things that have happened yet.

Cruz's platform was written and represented something that he meant.  That were part of his core set of beliefs and values.   You can't say that about any of King Trumpy's suggestions or his political platform (which are according to you, apparently the same thing)