Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122465 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

You don't believe that at all.  If you did, you would not bother harassing, cajoling, poking, intimidating and insulting Conservatives who have no intention of voting for Trump in November..........

And your panties are in a bunch because Cruz did not give him a 'customary shout-out indicating a sore loser quality'??????

Methinks you project too much.

It's all they got. They saddled their integrity to a fraud that makes Mitt Romney look more like a pillar of conservatism by the hour. They -have- to brazen it out because when they lose, they are going to be the pariahs of politics. No one will want them. No one will trust them.

Nor SHOULD they be trusted after their performances over the past year.

Online libertybele

Rabid Trump supporter = voter – millions of them. In all probability, enough to swing the election in November.

So, tell me then, how should one describe supporters of the campaign of a certain politician named, Mr. #NeverTrump, who, seems to me suspended his campaign several weeks ago. Canadian born, wasn't he?

Can his supporters be described as rational? rabid? bitter? What descriptive fits them? But before deciding how best to slander them, might I suggest you take into account the ungracious manner in which the loser of Indiana, Mr. #NeverTrump, withdrew from the race without so much as mentioning the name of, or giving a customary shoutout to, the winner of the state, Mr. Trump? I think that speaks volumes, indicating a certain sore loser quality retained in the demeanor of Mr. #NeverTrump's followers. Don't y'all agree?

Really AC?  The only one whose posts seem bitter are yours. Good grief. binging up yet again the birther issue?  The Supreme Court wouldn't even hear the case and other lower courts have ALL ruled in Cruz's favor. 

Cruz graciously withdrew from the race.  Why do you feel he needed to mention Trump??  That is so petty and ridiculous.  It's almost as petty and ridiculous as Trump accusing Cruz of stealing delegates and the Iowa caucus.   :silly:  :silly:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/supreme-court-ted-cruz_us_574de545e4b0757eaeb0def0
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Rabid Trump supporter = voter – millions of them. In all probability, enough to swing the election in November.

So, tell me then, how should one describe supporters of the campaign of a certain politician named, Mr. #NeverTrump, who, seems to me suspended his campaign several weeks ago. Canadian born, wasn't he?

Can his supporters be described as rational? rabid? bitter? What descriptive fits them? But before deciding how best to slander them, might I suggest you take into account the ungracious manner in which the loser of Indiana, Mr. #NeverTrump, withdrew from the race without so much as mentioning the name of, or giving a customary shoutout to, the winner of the state, Mr. Trump? I think that speaks volumes, indicating a certain sore loser quality retained in the demeanor of Mr. #NeverTrump's followers. Don't y'all agree?

So...how would you describe supporters of Trump and why do you support him?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:50:47 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

Cheddar's better

Cheddar is cheese.

Therefore, I win.

:tongue2:

Online libertybele

So...how would you describe supporters of Trump and why do you support him?

Perhaps another Trump supporter would like to answer this?  I just really curious.  Do you see yourselves as conservatives?

Online libertybele

Trump accused his father, the day before Indiana, of being involved in a plot to kill John F. Kennedy with Lee Harvey Oswald. 

Would you be gracious to a sonofabitch who accused your father of murder?

blij26 blij26  Finally, someone who calls Trump what he can be at times!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yes, and there have been various threads here and across the net filled with exactly that including how people that vote FOR a candidate are not responsible for what he does at all....In fact I believe you and I have discussed it.

True.  And I understand completely why someone who casts a vote shares responsibility for what that candidate does in office.  Pure common sense.

The Romney faithful still push that one regularly and it cannot apply to one person and not another.

And I still don't understand what responsibility attaches to a general election vote for a candidate like Romney who loses, and therefore never takes office, and never exercises power.  So likewise, if someone in the general election casts a vote for Trump, and Hillary clobbers him, and don't see what responsibility attached to that vote because it was of no consequence.

So I'm not applying different rules to different candidates.  It's the same rule -- a vote cast for  the losing candidate in the general election doesn't have any responsibility attached to it because of the lack of consequences for that vote.

Online libertybele

True.  And I understand completely why someone who casts a vote shares responsibility for what that candidate does in office.  Pure common sense.

And I still don't understand what responsibility attaches to a general election vote for a candidate like Romney who loses, and therefore never takes office, and never exercises power.  So likewise, if someone in the general election casts a vote for Trump, and Hillary clobbers him, and don't see what responsibility attached to that vote because it was of no consequence.

So I'm not applying different rules to different candidates.  It's the same rule -- a vote cast for  the losing candidate in the general election doesn't have any responsibility attached to it because of the lack of consequences for that vote.

True.  Except my interpretation of Cruz's statement  "those who bolster Trump bear that responsibility going forward" is a reference to the candidates (including Cruz himself) who were so much better.  In other words we had a lot of hope and promise going into this election and Trump obliterated it...by design in my opinion.

Online libertybele

With Trump's latest bombastic statement accusing American soldiers of stealing money for the Iraqi reconstruction, I think Cruz's statement bears repeating;" those who bolstered Trump WILL bear that responsibility going forward". When Trump is elected at the convention ... THEY ARE responsible.  IF Trump is elected POTUS and continues us on our current path of destruction, THEY ARE responsible.

Offline musiclady

With Trump's latest bombastic statement accusing American soldiers of stealing money for the Iraqi reconstruction, I think Cruz's statement bears repeating;" those who bolstered Trump WILL bear that responsibility going forward". When Trump is elected at the convention ... THEY ARE responsible.  IF Trump is elected POTUS and continues us on our current path of destruction, THEY ARE responsible.

Trump's accusation about our troops in Iraq is just plain hideous!  Every time you think he can't stoop any lower, he finds a way...   **nononono*   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

He's really becoming downright frightening.  I think he's becoming unhinged.

Offline Norm Lenhart

He's really becoming downright frightening.  I think he's becoming unhinged.

He's what he's always been. What is frightening is the sheer number of people that simply don't care. They will put their pride before their country as they do every election and vote for him with bells on because hes 'a Republican'.

In 2020, assuming a country recognizable as 'America' still exists with a functioning election system, the GOP will then run Anita Sarkeesian because Trump was not liberal enough to satisfy them and the same party faithful will vote for her resulting in two full terms for Hillary Clinton.

Online libertybele

He's what he's always been. What is frightening is the sheer number of people that simply don't care. They will put their pride before their country as they do every election and vote for him with bells on because hes 'a Republican'.

In 2020, assuming a country recognizable as 'America' still exists with a functioning election system, the GOP will then run Anita Sarkeesian because Trump was not liberal enough to satisfy them and the same party faithful will vote for her resulting in two full terms for Hillary Clinton.

A little late, but I believe that there are now a lot of people that will no longer vote for a candidate simply because of party affiliation.

Unless a true miracle is bestowed upon this country, I predict this will be our last presidential election.

Offline Norm Lenhart

A little late, but I believe that there are now a lot of people that will no longer vote for a candidate simply because of party affiliation.

Unless a true miracle is bestowed upon this country, I predict this will be our last presidential election.

Every election year people say that but when election day rolls around, more 'Republicans' vote than the election before. And the country moves further left.

Now granted, thats partly because of an increased population. But for every person that wakes up to reality, a couple more sheep head to the slaughter. They read internet forums where people tell them they hate America unless they vote GOP and rather than act like Americans and think for themselves, they act like herd animals and do what some anonymous person tells them to do. Which is why so many anonymous people scream bloody murder how awful it it to NOT vote for whatever the GOP offers up.

Almost like it was their job. Of course some people really like KoolAid and drink of it heavily as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:26:38 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump's accusation about our troops in Iraq is just plain hideous!  Every time you think he can't stoop any lower, he finds a way...   **nononono*

Yes, it's disgusting for sure but then if I walk into a whorehouse, I don't expect to find ladies of refinement. I expect to find whores. As I said many times, Trump is what he is. Sure he's scum. Sure he is a fraud. Sure he lies as easily as breathes. But he's not the problem. The problem is the people that would elect such a man because without them, a guy like trump wouldn't get near the White House even with an invitation.

5 years or so back, one foreign journo said that about Obama. It was true then and it's true in regards to Orange Glorious.

Every problem this country has can be DIRECTLY attributed to liberals. The only people with the power to actually do anything about those problems from a government/leadership standpoint are in DC. Now it does not take a leap of math, statistics or logical deduction to realize that the GOP and other liberals infesting DC like a cancer did not appear there in a puff of happy thoughts and unicorn farts. LIBERAL Voters elected them.

ON PURPOSE.

The same liberals that now want Trump to lead this country.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:57:07 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Aw geez......  :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

Aw geez......  :whistle:

DC, you've explained why you are a Trump supporter in the past. I get that and I respect your right to your opinion. With all the outlandish comments that Trump has made I am honestly trying to understand why he still has supporters.  He continues to do nothing to indicate that he will actually follow through with what he says and to me his behavior and comments continues to scream out that his intent has been all along to derail this election right into the lap of Hillary Clinton. How do his supporters expect him to win the general when he continues to alienate groups of people with the latest being U.S. troops?  Our troops! I can't think of a bigger group he could have attacked as that group encompasses both political parties, men, women, millennials,  LGBT, Hispanics, Asians, blacks, etc.  It is now to the point that I am hard pressed to find a group that he hasn't insulted ... I come up with Trump himself.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
DC, you've explained why you are a Trump supporter in the past. I get that and I respect your right to your opinion. With all the outlandish comments that Trump has made I am honestly trying to understand why he still has supporters.  He continues to do nothing to indicate that he will actually follow through with what he says and to me his behavior and comments continues to scream out that his intent has been all along to derail this election right into the lap of Hillary Clinton. How do his supporters expect him to win the general when he continues to alienate groups of people with the latest being U.S. troops?  Our troops! I can't think of a bigger group he could have attacked as that group encompasses both political parties, men, women, millennials,  LGBT, Hispanics, Asians, blacks, etc.  It is now to the point that I am hard pressed to find a group that he hasn't insulted ... I come up with Trump himself.

I don't pay any attention to what Trump spews daily.   All I know is that it won't be the same business as usual that we've endured since 2009.

I stay focused on WTF is happening around me/us.

DHS came out yesterday announcing that THEY will start taking guns.  That "right-wingers" are the same threat to America as Jihadists.

Anybody that has opened a history book knows what comes next.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline oldmomster

he continues to alienate groups of people with the latest being U.S. troops?  Our troops!

As in the past, he was referencing Iraqi and Afghani troops.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/watch-donald-trump-soldiers-american-iraq-war-stealing-money-military-republican/

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Problem with Trump is that what he says is so idiotic that's it difficult to parse the idiocy.

I have the same problem test chlorine in my pool, as too high chlorination will often bleach the coloring of the chemicals used to test it.

Online libertybele

Yes, it's disgusting for sure but then if I walk into a whorehouse, I don't expect to find ladies of refinement. I expect to find whores. As I said many times, Trump is what he is. Sure he's scum. Sure he is a fraud. Sure he lies as easily as breathes. But he's not the problem. The problem is the people that would elect such a man because without them, a guy like trump wouldn't get near the White House even with an invitation.

5 years or so back, one foreign journo said that about Obama. It was true then and it's true in regards to Orange Glorious.

Every problem this country has can be DIRECTLY attributed to liberals. The only people with the power to actually do anything about those problems from a government/leadership standpoint are in DC. Now it does not take a leap of math, statistics or logical deduction to realize that the GOP and other liberals infesting DC like a cancer did not appear there in a puff of happy thoughts and unicorn farts. LIBERAL Voters elected them.

ON PURPOSE.

The same liberals that now want Trump to lead this country.

Members of both parties have FAILED us. There are a lot of conservatives or conservative-minded voters who are backing Trump as well.  Part of the problem rather than the solution is that there are a lot of conservatives who continue to vote for the incumbent simply because they have an 'R' next to their name; McConnell, McCain, Graham, etc. In Cruz's book "A Time for Truth" he reflects on the days just following his being sworn in as Senator. McConnell gave him all the subcommittees that he wanted, including a spot he hadn't even asked for; the Senate Rules Committee and also asked if he would join the leadership as vice chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.  It soon became clear that the NRSC had every intention of supporting incumbents in primaries -- against conservative challengers across the country; and also urged donors to give money to those who opposed TEA party conservatives.  Cruz didn't formally resign from the committee, but he did stop asking donors to support the NRSC ... and so Cruz's unpopularity and the ruffling of McConnell's feathers began.  Another component of the liberal cancer that is spreading is through the GOP's electoral process itself; allowing open primary states.  I have little doubt that in part Trump became the presumptive nominee by DEMS who wanted him to win; knowing full well he will lose against Hillary.

Yes it is being done on purpose.  The voting public is now waking up to that fact ... that is how Trump got his foothold.  The problem is of course his supporters now refuse to see and admit that they've been duped.  Imagine ... if his "conservative" supporters were to ask for him to step down. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
True.  Except my interpretation of Cruz's statement  "those who bolster Trump bear that responsibility going forward" is a reference to the candidates (including Cruz himself) who were so much better.  In other words we had a lot of hope and promise going into this election and Trump obliterated it...by design in my opinion.

I think Cruz was likely referring more to those who bolstered Trump in the primary, and therefore left us with this incredibly poopy choice in November. 

Online libertybele

I think Cruz was likely referring more to those who bolstered Trump in the primary, and therefore left us with this incredibly poopy choice in November.

Indeed.  Much better choice of words. This primary has unfortunately left voters with a choice between two despicable candidates.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Part of the problem rather than the solution is that there are a lot of conservatives who continue to vote for the incumbent simply because they have an 'R' next to their name;

Thats about the polar opposite of conservative. But it is the definition of idiocy. By no definition is voting for an R because they are an R conservative. It's textbook Democrat plantation politics. I have an excusemaker on another thread right now trying to pass off conservatism as whatever someone wants it to be.

Amazing how people will just rewrite reality to conform with their desires.