Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122494 times)

Online libertybele

Ok.  So this thread is pretty much hijacked.

:hijack:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'd be stressed too, if I had gotten duped and had to defend a candidate who has no defense. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Henry Noel

And the most apt of all.....  (s)Trumpets

Drumpfenvolkenarschenkusser
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online libertybele

I'd be stressed too, if I had gotten duped and had to defend a candidate who has no defense.

I don't think Trump supporters are stressed I think they are more like a bunch of lost sheep.   ****sheep**** ****sheep****

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

38+ pages....it's about time.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

I think the point has been well made about the frivolous and senseless name calling; perhaps people with thin skins shouldn't enter into a political forum especially this election.  :silly:

Who would have ever thought that Cruz's statement about those bolstering Trump will bear that responsibility going forward would cause such fervor.  Good for him.  I haven't looked up the stats on this particular thread, but I would venture to say that perhaps this is one of the longest threads in GBR's history.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:19:14 pm by libertybele »

Offline aligncare

I was just about to post that nearing 1000 comments everything's already been said.

I mentioned that to a #NeverTrump earlier and they shot back, "Oh, now you're saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over!"

You can't make this stuff up.  Well, yeah actually I did.  :silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I was just about to post that nearing 1000 comments everything's already been said.

I mentioned that to a #NeverTrump earlier and they shot back, "Oh, now you're saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over!"

LOL!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Those are words reserved for Trump himself and not his supporters...we could make a whole other list:

Orange Orangutan
Orange Jello Brain
Orange Baboon (not permitted in here by the way)
Buffoon
Bombastic Narcissistic Psychopath
Hay haired mountebank
Don the Con
Herr Drumpf
The Manhattan bully
Trumpitler
Golden Wrecking Ball (courtesy of Palin)
Short-Fingered Vulgarian
Tangerine Tornado
The New Führer
Cheeto-Dusted Bloviator
Trump of Doom
Donald Duck
The Donald
Donny
Don't forget my personal favorite, Darth Combover.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

You ARE the hijacker.  Mission accomplished!  :silly:

Offline RetBobbyMI

I don't think Trump supporters are stressed I think they are more like a bunch of lost sheep.   ****sheep**** ****sheep****

Could be rats  :Mmauslaff: following the Pied Piper
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

HonestJohn

(To keep it going to 1000 posts!)

I like cheese.

Offline mountaineer

(To keep it going to 1000 posts!)

I like cheese.
No, please, let's put this one to rest. Please!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HonestJohn

No, please, let's put this one to rest. Please!

CHEEEEEEESE!!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The fact of the matter is that the kinds of rabid supporters for Trump that are his most vocal and insistent acolytes are NEVER going to bear any responsibility for whatever Trump says or does that garners a negative.

They will do what they do now, blame everyone else for failing to understand what Trump really means.  No matter what failures Trump accrues, just like Obama - his faithful will blame it on everyone else.

It's what New York Liberal Leftists do.

Trump's faithful continue to insist that if Trump loses to Hildabeast, the responsibility will not be due to selecting the absolute worst possible candidate with the highest negatives, but they have pre-hung the responsibility for a Trump loss upon those Conservatives who refuse to vote for him.

Feeble attempt I know…. to wrest the subject from the thread hijackers.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

The fact of the matter is that the kinds of rabid supporters for Trump that are his most vocal and insistent acolytes are NEVER going to bear any responsibility for whatever Trump says or does that garners a negative.

They will do what they do now, blame everyone else for failing to understand what Trump really means.  No matter what failures Trump accrues, just like Obama - his faithful will blame it on everyone else.

It's what New York Liberal Leftists do.

Trump's faithful continue to insist that if Trump loses to Hildabeast, the responsibility will not be due to selecting the absolute worst possible candidate with the highest negatives, but they have pre-hung the responsibility for a Trump loss upon those Conservatives who refuse to vote for him.

Feeble attempt I know…. to wrest the subject from the thread hijackers.

Trump himself is the king of  excuses.  In the beginning he stated that if he wasn't treated fairly, he'd run 3rd party.  That gave him an excuse to bow out and blame anyone for things not going well.  He blamed Cruz's win in IA on him cheating Carson.  He blamed his lack of knowledge on accumulating delegates to Cruz stealing delegates. When he receives some type of scorn for what he says; he takes a step back on an issue.  Trump never is responsible for anything; he always has an excuse or someone to blame.  His supporters are no different.  They accept his outlandish statements regardless of how crass, ridiculous or ignorant they are.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Just out of curiosity, has there been anyone -- either a Trump supporter or a Trump opponent -- who claims that those who bolstered Trump won't bear responsibility going forward?  I mean, a Trump supporter might prefer to think of it as "credit" rather than "responsibility" (because being responsible for something can be either good or bad depending on how it turns out), but the concept is the same.

So has anyone actually objected to the premise of the thread title?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:04:44 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

Just out of curiosity, has there been anyone -- either a Trump supporter or a Trump opponent -- who claims that those who bolstered Trump won't bear responsibility going forward?  I mean, a Trump supporter might prefer to think of it as "credit" rather than "responsibility" (because being responsible for something can be either good or bad depending on how it turns out), but the concept is the same.

Not that I know of.  I have no doubt that IF Trump is elected POTUS and does manage to build that wall, deport illegals and stop immigration into this country, we will never hear the end of the "I told you sos".   I too considered that the meaning could be interpreted in a positive way rather than a negative; but clearly in the context it was used; it was meant as responsibility.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

What is amusing to me is that although the responsibility will surely belong to those who support Trump, Just my saying so leaves me open to being accused of siding with rioters in the streets, Hillary, Karl Marx, Congressional Democrats, Occupy Wall Street, and helping John Wilkes Booth make it to the theater to engage Mr. Lincoln. Deflection of responsibility comes after disaster in that camp, if past performance is any indicator of future returns.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

What is amusing to me is that although the responsibility will surely belong to those who support Trump, Just my saying so leaves me open to being accused of siding with rioters in the streets, Hillary, Karl Marx, Congressional Democrats, Occupy Wall Street, and helping John Wilkes Booth make it to the theater to engage Mr. Lincoln. Deflection of responsibility comes after disaster in that camp, if past performance is any indicator of future returns.

Deflection of responsibility seems to be a deep rooted inherent flaw of a liberal.

Offline aligncare

Rabid Trump supporter = voter – millions of them. In all probability, enough to swing the election in November.

So, tell me then, how should one describe supporters of the campaign of a certain politician named, Mr. #NeverTrump, who, seems to me suspended his campaign several weeks ago. Canadian born, wasn't he?

Can his supporters be described as rational? rabid? bitter? What descriptive fits them? But before deciding how best to slander them, might I suggest you take into account the ungracious manner in which the loser of Indiana, Mr. #NeverTrump, withdrew from the race without so much as mentioning the name of, or giving a customary shoutout to, the winner of the state, Mr. Trump? I think that speaks volumes, indicating a certain sore loser quality retained in the demeanor of Mr. #NeverTrump's followers. Don't y'all agree?

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes, and there have been various threads here and across the net filled with exactly that including how people that vote FOR a candidate are not responsible for what he does at all. The Romney faithful still push that one regularly and it cannot apply to one person and not another. In fact I believe you and I have discussed it. Then there's the whole of FR's denial of responsibility.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Rabid Trump supporter = voter – millions of them. In all probability, enough to swing the election in November.

So, tell me then, how should one describe supporters of the campaign of a certain politician named, Mr. #NeverTrump, who, seems to me suspended his campaign several weeks ago. Canadian born, wasn't he?

Can his supporters be described as rational? rabid? bitter? What descriptive fits them? But before deciding how best to slander them, might I suggest you take into account the ungracious manner in which the loser of Indiana, Mr. #NeverTrump, withdrew from the race without so much as mentioning the name of, or giving a customary shoutout to, the winner of the state, Mr. Trump? I think that speaks volumes, indicating a certain sore loser quality retained in the demeanor of Mr. #NeverTrump's followers. Don't y'all agree?

No. Because by your Wonderland inspired logic, George Washington was a bitter/sore loser over that little issue with taxation and King George. So he took his ball and went home rather than accept the just and right rule of England.

Offline sinkspur

Trump accused his father, the day before Indiana, of being involved in a plot to kill John F. Kennedy with Lee Harvey Oswald. 

Would you be gracious to a sonofabitch who accused your father of murder? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You don't believe that at all.  If you did, you would not bother harassing, cajoling, poking, intimidating and insulting Conservatives who have no intention of voting for Trump in November.

After all, your prince and most of your vocal cabal insisted you and your nominee did not need principled Conservatives to win. 

You have myriad Safe Spaces that your bunch have taken over all over the Social media and forumsphere and made echo chambers for yourselves.  That you continue to hunt and engage those of us you know are not going to cave in and vote for your guy - is either out of fear he is going to lose without the base you and your prince rejected, or you are a bully that gets off on the same intimidating crap that your king presumptive has made himself famous for.

So, tell me then, how should one describe supporters of the campaign of a certain politician named, Mr. #NeverTrump, who, seems to me suspended his campaign several weeks ago.

Staunch, Principled Christian Reaganite Conservatives. That's how the bulk of us describe ourselves.

We know you disagree.  Your kind have repeatedly described us as you intend to paint us.

might I suggest you take into account the ungracious manner in which the loser of Indiana, Mr. #NeverTrump, withdrew from the race without so much as mentioning the name of, or giving a customary shoutout to, the winner of the state? I think that speaks volumes, indicating a certain sore loser quality retained in the demeanor of Mr. #NeverTrump's followers.

The Projection and Pettiness with you people is amazing.   Sore loser?  Trump went bat-guano crazy after Cruz won Wisconsin.  Called him "lyin' Ted, a Trojan Horse puppet of party bosses and stealing the election in Wisconsin" and charged Cruz with being a criminal.   In fact, the only shout-outs Cruz got from Trump when Cruz won his states were insults, nefarious charges and all the other assorted vindictiveness your boy is now famous for. That has already spoken volumes to us and is one of many, many reasons we are never, ever, ever voting for him in November.

And your panties are in a bunch because Cruz did not give him a 'customary shout-out indicating a sore loser quality'??????

Methinks you project too much.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:38:58 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775