Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122351 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Yes!  Isn't it nice that we can finally reason together - even if we know it is not going to change our minds?

You make an argument that explains in perfect detail why the world and a secular society would view Trump's wealth, business acumen and industry achievements as worthy proof he is the best choice to Administer the country.

For a biblical Christian Conservative, those attributes are of the world and the stature of measurement is of the world.   They do not speak to the moral character of the candidate.  Nancy Pelosi is wealthy beyond words.  She has a business empire she and her husband run.  Her character is one that is completely unfit to hold any public office, and on that score you and I would agree.  Christian Conservatives are applying the biblical principles and attributes God's Word says are necessary for someone seeking office.    And we have assessed and judged Trump's own fruits and words in this campaign - as someone unfit for the office he seeks.

Ego is a dangerous thing for someone to flaunt while seeking the highest power in the land my friend.

I understand the attraction for so many - as we have not had someone telling the Establishment, the Left and the Marxist Democrat Party to "shove it" for decades.  Many want payback, revenge or someone who looks like they will fight for what has been diminished and stolen from us by those entrusted to obey their oaths to the Constitution.

A measurable record of someone who is a law unto himself, and is unable to maintain his marriage vows while bragging about his infidelity and indiscretions is not someone Biblical Christian Conservatives will trust to keep the vows he swears and affirms to uphold and defend the Constitution.

And much of his behavior and statements have added to the affirmation that we cannot support such a man for the position he seeks, ESPECIALLY when the Executive has been fundamentally transformed into a quasi-dictatorship by the current occupant with the full approval and enabling of the party Trump is running under.

We agree on most of what you wrote. I would add tho that IF Trump's Goal is a Turn-Around he should know he will have to promote Freedom of religion and Christian principles. Several times its come up he studies history. He knows American history more then many. Ironically there is a probability he will have to work toward your goal of what you want to achieve his likely goal.

Its clear from our history America is based on Christian principles and that those Principles were the basis of America's culture and success. As a motivator, cost reducer and population behavior control nothing works better and cheaper then the Christian religious teachings. It reduces crime, increases production reduces the need for govt authority, welfare, etc. He may not be a devote Christian to understand why promoting a return to a moral nation based on Christian principles would greatly help him achieve his likely goal of a Turn-Around. He would not be the first leader in history to save money and resources by promoting it.

Some Links to help see what I mean:
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06.html
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2.html
http://www.enzaferreri.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/how-christian-charity-developed-western.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2536433/Religious-people-fewer-sick-days-anxious-spirituality-offers-buffer-against-strains-modern-life.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2539100/How-religion-cuts-crime-Attending-church-makes-likely-shoplift-drugs-download-music-illegally.html
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/June/American-Revivals-Key-to-Shaping-US-History

God has  habit of choosing the Most unlikely to do his work. We know that with Hillary we will be in wars here and abroad. We also know how much religious freedom matters to her - she supports it for Muslims.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline roamer_1

One of the things tho that is giving #neverTrump strength to continue is because the Cruz supporters they are courting to stay home in November are holding out hope that a Christian Constitutional Conservative (Cruz's crafted image) can still win somehow.

Let me be clear, and I think I speak for my fellows:
No one is expecting a hail mary pass, though it would be nice.
I know the deal is done.

There isn't a single chance I will vote for Trump.
I vote for Conservatives, and only to advance the Conservative cause.

Trump is not a conservative, even in the least sense of the word.
His record betrays his platform, and his promises mean nothing due to his lack of character.
Thus there is no means of convincing me otherwise.

I will vote. Probably Constitution Party, and I will be active till the very end.
I will actively support TEA Party candidates down ticket, and I will absolutely, actively oppose Trump.

As long as that hope is out there between 15 percent and 7 percent  of the Conservative base can be manipulated into actively opposing Trump in November.

Not being manipulated at all. And there will be many more than 15% in opposition.

This is very bad for America as it will only result in the Democrat winning.

A liberal is winning either way.
I fight liberalism.
the next fail-safe is the congress and where your mere Republican vote coincides with my TEA Party vote is the only coalition that might yet be possible.

Offline roamer_1

And following the law means nothing.

It is not against the law to be charitable.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Let me be clear, and I think I speak for my fellows:
No one is expecting a hail mary pass, though it would be nice.
I know the deal is done.

There isn't a single chance I will vote for Trump.
I vote for Conservatives, and only to advance the Conservative cause.

Trump is not a conservative, even in the least sense of the word.
His record betrays his platform, and his promises mean nothing due to his lack of character.
Thus there is no means of convincing me otherwise.

I will vote. Probably Constitution Party, and I will be active till the very end.
I will actively support TEA Party candidates down ticket, and I will absolutely, actively oppose Trump.

Not being manipulated at all. And there will be many more than 15% in opposition.

A liberal is winning either way.
I fight liberalism.
the next fail-safe is the congress and where your mere Republican vote coincides with my TEA Party vote is the only coalition that might yet be possible.
Your arguments are valid. I'm in the #ProbablyNeverTrump category. I will give him a few months to absolutely prove otherwise, but I think he is a liberal.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline roamer_1

I disagree Trump will be the same or worse than Hillary.
Here is my reasoning:

@INVAR
Platitudes and turd-polish (or spray-on tan, take your pick).

He hasn't a Conservative bone in his body.
He is of poor character, and so, cannot be trusted.

End_of_story.

Offline olde north church

Well a decent man was lied and smeared by Trump and his sycophants, during the campaign. The lies and slander of Cruz by Trump followers has continued.

Not doing much to persuade me to vote for Trump.

What decent man did Trump and his followers smear?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Hes wealthy, very wealthy, It can be argued how much but he has no need of money or power.
Neither does Soros.  Soros is worth $25 Billion so he must be twice as altruistic as Trump.

Offline roamer_1

Your arguments are valid. I'm in the #ProbablyNeverTrump category. I will give him a few months to absolutely prove otherwise, but I think he is a liberal.

Thank you for your kind reply. Whichever way you decide, I thank you for your use of reason in formulating your vote.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
What decent man did Trump and his followers smear?
Nobody you would know.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
He may not be a devote Christian to understand why promoting a return to a moral nation based on Christian principles would greatly help him achieve his likely goal of a Turn-Around. He would not be the first leader in history to save money and resources by promoting it.

That would be a welcome effort, but we have not heard that coming from him.  Trump's own lack of moral character and the various video examples of his vulgarity means that if Trump actually went so far as to encourage the American People to embrace and return to the morality and teachings of their churches and synagogues - he runs the risk of being laughed off the stage and ridiculed as a hypocrite while leaving many biblical Christians to wonder if he is serious or pandering for votes.

And rightfully so.

God has  habit of choosing the Most unlikely to do his work. We know that with Hillary we will be in wars here and abroad. We also know how much religious freedom matters to her - she supports it for Muslims.

To the exclusion of Christians, yes we know. 

That said, God tends to use unlikely poor and humble servants to do His work.  He tends to use rich, arrogant and unrepentant men as examples of what befalls such men due their arrogance and the catastrophes that are visited upon the nations that make such men their rulers.

Ancient Israel is a fitting example, and God allowed them to be utterly destroyed, taken as slaves and rendered lost and obsolete.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

Neither does Soros.  Soros is worth $25 Billion so he must be twice as altruistic as Trump.
Fair example bur it helps prove my point. Trump's reputation is that of a builder. Soros is that of a Destroyer. Its the motivation of why he is putting himself thru this and why hes risking his life.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

That would be a welcome effort, but we have not heard that coming from him.  Trump's own lack of moral character and the various video examples of his vulgarity means that if Trump actually went so far as to encourage the American People to embrace and return to the morality and teachings of their churches and synagogues - he runs the risk of being laughed off the stage and ridiculed as a hypocrite while leaving many biblical Christians to wonder if he is serious or pandering for votes.

And rightfully so.

To the exclusion of Christians, yes we know. 

That said, God tends to use unlikely poor and humble servants to do His work.  He tends to use rich, arrogant and unrepentant men as examples of what befalls such men due their arrogance and the catastrophes that are visited upon the nations that make such men their rulers.

Ancient Israel is a fitting example, and God allowed them to be utterly destroyed, taken as slaves and rendered lost and obsolete.
What we have heard from him and seen some action that way is three areas he has made promises on that if done would work towards your goals regardless of Trump himself.
He has promised to protect Religious Freedom. "‘I will protect Christians,’ Donald Trump tells Liberty University students"
http://religionnews.com/2016/01/18/donald-trump-liberty-university-evangelicals/
He has Promised to bring Education control local.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-vows-to-slash-funding-for-education-epa-1452551107
He has promised to appoint conservative judges.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/donald-trump-releases-list-judges-consider-supreme-court/

IF he does all three we will be on the most likely path to achieve your goals.
Nonetheless we know that there is no chance of any of them with Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

. Several times its come up he studies history. He knows American history more then many.

I'd love for somebody to ask Trump publicy what years Lincoln served as president.. There is ZERO evidence that Trump has studied any history or civics at all.  In fact, Trump thinks judges sign bills:

Donald Trump spoke of his sister, a liberal activist judge who he says would make a “phenomenal" Supreme Court justice, and defended her against criticism she has received "for signing a certain bill"—his words—from the bench. He then said his sister wasn't the only judge who had "signed that bill"; more than one judge had "signed that bill."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-on-the-separation-of-powers-judges-sign-bills/article/2001315

And, he thinks the Supreme Court should go after Hillary's emails:

Clinton invoked Trump’s proposal to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. and asked Wisconsin voters what kind of justice a President Trump would nominate.
“Well, I’d probably appoint people that would look very seriously at her email disaster because it’s a criminal activity, and I would appoint people that would look very seriously at that to start off with,” Trump said in a phone interview with ABC's “Good Morning America.” “What she’s getting away with is absolutely murder. You talk about a case — now that’s a real case.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-supreme-court-clinton-email-221377#ixzz49WePHm5y

Trump is an embarrassment, and he knows it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

I'd love for somebody to ask Trump publicy what years Lincoln served as president.. There is ZERO evidence that Trump has studied any history or civics at all.  In fact, Trump thinks judges sign bills:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-on-the-separation-of-powers-judges-sign-bills/article/2001315

And, he thinks the Supreme Court should go after Hillary's emails:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-supreme-court-clinton-email-221377#ixzz49WePHm5y

Trump is an embarrassment, and he knows it.
Ineffective spam.

:spam2: :manyspam:

Offline olde north church

Nobody you would know.

Obviously some loser because I only know winners.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline skeeter

Nobody you would know.

Try the ignore button. I intend to.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What we have heard from him and seen some action that way is three areas he has made promises on that if done would work towards your goals regardless of Trump himself.

First of all, Trump himself said everything he says in this campaign is a *suggestion* - so the word *promise* has no meaning for me when Trump says it.

Secondly - I don't wait for someone to get into high office to do those things required to work towards my goals.  Trump is neither my protector or enabler of the rights I have by divine gift.

Third, I don't see Trump having any ability to stop activist courts, municipalities, HOAs or colleges that are at war with Christianity.  Nor do I expect him to reverse the anti-Christian PC movement that has done everything from running Christians out of business, infringing upon their 1st Amendment Right of free exercise, fining them or even tossing them into prison.

If a candidate sees nothing wrong with a grown man using a girls bathroom because he self-identifies as a woman, I don't expect him to have moral clarity enough to know what protections he is supposed to uphold for Christians.

Fourth - given his statements post-SCOTUS list from last week - I do not expect he will follow through with appointing and fighting for actual Scalia-type Originalists for the Court in the Senate.

Nonetheless we know that there is no chance of any of them with Hillary.

Hillary has no power to destroy Conservatism or redefine it because we recognize her as anathema to everything we believe in.

Trump does have that power and has already demonstrated the ability to redefine Conservatism to comport with and align with his Northeastern Liberal philosophies.

I'm done rolling the roulette wheel in vain hopes a man with an actual liberal record will do the right thing.  I've been shown how futile that is by the very charlatans I voted into office in the past.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mechanicos

First of all, Trump himself said everything he says in this campaign is a *suggestion* - so the word *promise* has no meaning for me when Trump says it.

First the Term "suggestion" according to a dictionary is a noun meaning plan or proposal. Its has never meant not serious, not the plan, not the goal. Swap the term Plan for it and you can see its not a walk back. Just not a term lawyers use with focus groups and consultants to make it more "easy" for the people. Its a proper term for a candidate's proposal when  running just not the common form of it.

Secondly - I don't wait for someone to get into high office to do those things required to work towards my goals.  Trump is neither my protector or enabler of the rights I have by divine gift.

Until the civil war starts there is little we can do nationally on our own at this time.

Third, I don't see Trump having any ability to stop activist courts, municipalities, HOAs or colleges that are at war with Christianity.  Nor do I expect him to reverse the anti-Christian PC movement that has done everything from running Christians out of business, infringing upon their 1st Amendment Right of free exercise, fining them or even tossing them into prison.

5 Supreme Court Justices can completely change the direction of the Country.. With Trump he is advised by conservative groups to pick them. That check is not available with Hillary.

If a candidate sees nothing wrong with a grown man using a girls bathroom because he self-identifies as a woman, I don't expect him to have moral clarity enough to know what protections he is supposed to uphold for Christians.

What was he supposed to say as the STILL owner of the Hotel chain operating in gay friendly cities when he was asked. Why yes please sue me for Millions while I am running...

Fourth - given his statements post-SCOTUS list from last week - I do not expect he will follow through with appointing and fighting for actual Scalia-type Originalists for the Court in the Senate.

What he said post list was was not a walk-back it was common sense. The Senate could reject all 11 he listed then he would have to put up others of the same nature. Thats all that was said. Would you rather he lie to you and promise they will get approved by the Senate?

Hillary has no power to destroy Conservatism or redefine it because we recognize her as anathema to everything we believe in.

Hillary if elected will control between 3 and 5 supreme court nominations as well as the war powers. Its been put forth her agenda is to start wars in the Mideast to justify bringing in enough Muslim refugees to destroy America from within.
So yes she will have that power to destroy America.

Trump does have that power and has already demonstrated the ability to redefine Conservatism to comport with and align with his Northeastern Liberal philosophies.

Trump will have BOTH Democrats and Republicans looking for an excuse to impeach him for their own self-interests. He will be on a tighter leash then a democrat would.

I'm done rolling the roulette wheel in vain hopes a man with an actual liberal record will do the right thing.  I've been shown how futile that is by the very charlatans I voted into office in the past.

Maybe you are right, But what if this time you are wrong?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What law did he violate?

@jmyrlefuller , would you ping me if you get an answer to that question? I've yet to see @olde north church answer a straightforward, simple question like that.  Thanks,

Offline sinkspur

If not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary, isn't  not voting for Hillary a vote for Trump?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@jmyrlefuller , would you ping me if you get an answer to that question? I've yet to see @olde north church answer a straightforward, simple question like that.  Thanks,

I'm still waiting for him to answer my request to provide proof of an actual lie by Ted Cruz from a couple weeks back. I'd think if he had any he would have posted it and shut me up.

That none was given makes me think that he simply spreads falsehoods for attention.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:10:18 am by Norm Lenhart »

Fair example bur it helps prove my point. Trump's reputation is that of a builder. Soros is that of a Destroyer. Its the motivation of why he is putting himself thru this and why hes risking his life.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Donald-Trumps-general-reputation-amongst-NYC-real-estate-professionals

What is Donald Trump's general reputation amongst NYC real estate professionals?

Bruce Feldman, Real Estate Consultant in NY.
27.2k Views • Most Viewed Writer in Real Estate with 1200+ answers

Most NYC real estate professionals know that Donald Trump is not really in the real estate business, so he doesn't have a "reputation" as such.

Mr. Trump is a master-marketer of the brand name "Trump," which has been positioned as a consumer brand to symbolize luxury and opulence, whether that brand is on a condominium, a casino, a resort, or on consumer products from neckties to ice cream. He licenses his name to others as his principal occupation.

Serious NYC real estate professionals don't consider Mr. Trump among their peers.

Offline Mechanicos

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Donald-Trumps-general-reputation-amongst-NYC-real-estate-professionals

What is Donald Trump's general reputation amongst NYC real estate professionals?

Bruce Feldman, Real Estate Consultant in NY.
27.2k Views • Most Viewed Writer in Real Estate with 1200+ answers

Most NYC real estate professionals know that Donald Trump is not really in the real estate business, so he doesn't have a "reputation" as such.

Mr. Trump is a master-marketer of the brand name "Trump," which has been positioned as a consumer brand to symbolize luxury and opulence, whether that brand is on a condominium, a casino, a resort, or on consumer products from neckties to ice cream. He licenses his name to others as his principal occupation.

Serious NYC real estate professionals don't consider Mr. Trump among their peers.
Yet your Source ignores all those projects trump has done. Fail #neverTrump is pathetic

Fail #neverTrump is pathetic

YES!!!  My reputation is still intact.  I was afraid when you didn't insult me in your last reply I was losing my touch.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

First the Term "suggestion" according to a dictionary is a noun meaning plan or proposal.

Really? You're gonna go there?

You went there.  Honestly - you make Josh Earnest look like an amateur in the spin department.

Until the civil war starts there is little we can do nationally on our own at this time.

I think locally.  I don't think in terms of the whole country any more, and I'm not waiting for events or decrees from potentates, courts and their oligarchies regarding what remains of my liberties.  They have no say in that matter whatsoever.  All they have are guns and hired pawns to act on their behalf.   We used to call where we now find ourselves as tyranny. Now we pretend we are free.

5 Supreme Court Justices can completely change the direction of the Country.

Where in the Constitution are they given that kind of authority and power?   Why do you subscribe to that kind of abuse of power as having any "legitimacy"?  You're playing the game of tyranny, thinking you can get your guy into office to put the *right* guys on the court to 'completely change the direction of the country'.

That was never the intent or role SCOTUS was to have.  A Conservative would know that and not bend the knee enabling that to continue.

What was he supposed to say as the STILL owner of the Hotel chain operating in gay friendly cities when he was asked. Why yes please sue me for Millions while I am running…

So now he's just a hotel chain mogul worried about a lawsuit that will affect his businesses and not a candidate running for POTUS?  You just proved my whole point.  You've just illustrated that Trump will not stand on principle when threat and risk of lawsuits are involved, even if it is the right thing to do.  He will defer to the easier way out and lecture us that perverts and privacy are mutually exclusive and that the pervert has the right to invade privacy at their own discretion.  Sorry - you do not convince your point.

What he said post list was was not a walk-back it was common sense. The Senate could reject all 11 he listed then he would have to put up others of the same nature. Thats all that was said. Would you rather he lie to you and promise they will get approved by the Senate?

Please, don't insult our intelligence. You're belittling yourself.   Trump said nothing like that at all.  In fact just a few hours after that list was released Trump said that he may instead nominate someone else who is not on that list.  That was not the result of media-pushback or Trump clarifying that he may run into confirmation problems in the Senate.  Trump offered that statement just a few hours after his team released it.

Hillary if elected will control between 3 and 5 supreme court nominations as well as the war powers. Its been put forth her agenda is to start wars in the Mideast to justify bringing in enough Muslim refugees to destroy America from within.
So yes she will have that power to destroy America.

Yawn.  Already been going on for 8 years with the full approval, funding and enabling of the Republican Party. 

Hildabeast doesn't scare me.  I know what she is.

I also know where we have arrived as a country - and why Trump has a fanatical mob following whom love his vulgarity and insulting attacks upon everything any everyone that questions him or poses a political risk to Trump.

Trump scares me more.  I think his rabid supporters have actually warranted my fears even moreso than Trump himself has.

I want no part of it.  I won't support or enable him or his campaign.

Trump will have BOTH Democrats and Republicans looking for an excuse to impeach him for their own self-interests. He will be on a tighter leash then a democrat would.

No.  I don't believe that for a moment.  Once Trump shows them the amazing 'deals' he is going to make with them, Trump will finally be able to be a member of their exclusive oligarchy that they tried so hard to keep him out of because he was not groomed from among them.  That, and Trump did tell us that he will have no problems working with Pelosi, Reid and Schumer but would absolutely be unable to work with someone as nasty as Ted Cruz.  In one fell swoop, Trump showed the Establishment he hated Conservatives as much as they do and considered himself a colleague of those who brought us to this point.

And, I'm doubtful Trump will do anything which would risk his impeachment if Trump today will not risk a lawsuit from a bunch of perverts in Homosexual cities he has businesses in.

Maybe you are right, But what if this time you are wrong?

Principles are never wrong when moored with morality and our foundations.  And since I am not voting for either of them - I'm not contributing to any evils they may perpetrate.

Evil and wicked people will do what they are going to do in a morally degenerate and historically ignorant society. They will go their own way, and seek their desires by whatever means they demand.  A single vote from me is not going to make any difference in a post-Constitutional, post-velvet coup dictatorship empowered by an oligarchy, especially it is not the votes cast that matters.   Since Cook County went national, it is the votes counted from the living, the dead and the imaginary that matters.