Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122374 times)

Offline roamer_1

Yes.   Hand them a pork sandwich and tell them to take a bite.   Easy Peasy.

Beggin your pardon, but there's many a Jew and many a Messianic (including me) that would refuse such a thing too

A-Lert

Beggin your pardon, but there's many a Jew and many a Messianic (including me) that would refuse such a thing too

Serious questions; Would a Jew swear on the Bible? Would a Jew touch a Koran?

Offline roamer_1

Serious questions; Would a Jew swear on the Bible?

@Jewbacca  @Tzfat

I am not a Jew so I cannot speak for them (though I have pinged two here to answer as they will)... But I would not so swear.

Would a Jew touch a Koran?

Again, I am not a Jew, but I have read the Koran and all the Hadiths.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:24:12 am by roamer_1 »

A-Lert

@Jewbacca  @Tzfat

I am not a Jew so I cannot speak for them (though I have pinged two here to answer as they will)... But I would not so swear.

Again, I am not a Jew, but I have read the Koran and all the Hadiths.

Thanks, I'll look to see if those you pinged respond.

Offline Henry Noel

Serious questions; Would a Jew swear on the Bible? Would a Jew touch a Koran?

Jews are not generally superstitious. A Bible and a Koran are both books; there's nothing magical or talismanic about them that would make it taboo for a Jew to touch them, or sell them, or swear by them, or be in the same room with them.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes I voted to keep Obama from getting a second term. I didn't choose Romney. He was all that was standing between Obungler and a second term. Too bad Romney didn't campaign like he wanted to win. The GOP missed a golden opportunity.

You lost. You chose poorly. So ragging on anyone else for 'choosing poorly' when you clearly couldn't pick a winner doesn't carry a lot of weight.

A-Lert

You lost. You chose poorly. So ragging on anyone else for 'choosing poorly' when you clearly couldn't pick a winner doesn't carry a lot of weight.

I didn't pick Romney  any more than you picked Trump.

Offline libertybele

No chance under a Trump administration.

It goes against every fiber of his image and campaign....who he is...who he's become.

Let's see. He has an image of a bombastic liberal narcissist; that's who he is and always has been.  He is a liberal in conservative garb who back pedals on the issues making him an orange buffoon; that's who he's become.  The only image he cares about is his image of wealth and the size of his hands.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GilesB

When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Screw them all and the jackasses that rode in on them.  They were all cowards,liars and unprincipled turncoats while Ted was trying to do the right thing.  They earned my eternal scorn when they turned their backs on Cruz's filibuster.  The only republicans in congress I have any respect for are those who stood with Ted to stop the liberal agenda....who were they, again?  Oh right, exactly nobody!!!  May they ALL rot in political hell!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:15:07 pm by GilesB »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let's see. He has an image of a bombastic liberal narcissist; that's who he is and always has been.  He is a liberal in conservative garb who back pedals on the issues making him an orange buffoon; that's who he's become.  The only image he cares about is his image of wealth and the size of his hands.

No use wasting your cyber ink on someone who still believes in fairy tales at age 70.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

Screw them all and the jackasses that rode in on them.  They were all cowards,liars and unprincipled turncoats while Ted was trying to do the right thing.  They earned my eternal scorn when they turned their backs on Cruz's filibuster.  The only republicans in congress I have any respect for are those who stood with Ted to stop the liberal agenda....who were they, again?  Oh right, exactly nobody!!!  May they ALL rot in political hell!
Exactly!.  That is why I think Cruz, Sasse, Lee and a handful of others should reject their GOP alliance in the Senate and band together as independents or as members of the Constitution Party.  McConnell could then no longer claim to be "Majority Leader" since there would no longer be a GOP majority nor a Dem majority.  What would he do?  Claim to be the plurality leader?  Ha!  This small, but unified, could wield tremendous power as they would HAVE to be reckoned with to get anything done correctly.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

Exactly!.  That is why I think Cruz, Sasse, Lee and a handful of others should reject their GOP alliance in the Senate and band together as independents or as members of the Constitution Party.  McConnell could then no longer claim to be "Majority Leader" since there would no longer be a GOP majority nor a Dem majority.  What would he do?  Claim to be the plurality leader?  Ha!  This small, but unified, could wield tremendous power as they would HAVE to be reckoned with to get anything done correctly.

I understand your thinking on this, but I'm not so sure switching parties come re-election time would be to their benefit or to ours.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I understand your thinking on this, but I'm not so sure switching parties come re-election time would be to their benefit or to ours.
Someone has got to start the ball rolling. The once proud GOP has left the station going the wrong way.  Either they try and catch THAT train, or they hop another going in the right direction.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:10:58 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

http://www.270towin.com/news/2016/05/16/clinton-vs-trump-polling-map-updated_295.html#.Vzsg52OwOlI

Updated Clinton vs. Trump Polling Map
May 16, 2016

The updated poll-based Clinton vs. Trump electoral map with an additional ratings tier (leaning) better reflects the differences in the polls across states as we move closer to the general election. Previously, states where the difference between Clinton and Trump was greater than 5 points were shown as a deep blue or red. This is now limited to those states where the difference is greater than 10 points. States between 5 and 10 points are shown as a lighter blue or red.

As you look at the maps, keep in mind that state-level polling to this point has been infrequent and may prove to be of limited predictive value. However, it gives us a place to start.

The first map is the polling map; limited to states that have been polled in 2016. Most of the dark blue states are the usual suspects. While Michigan and Wisconsin haven't voted Republican in a generation, the Trump campaign will likely try and put these and other rust belt states into play; those may poll closer as the campaign wears on.

NOTE:  This map shows Clinton winning 351 to 24 over Trump

Some of the traditionally Republican states where polling has been done are surprisingly close, with Arizona actually leaning Clinton in the limited polling. It is worth noting, however, that most of the deep red states have not yet been surveyed.

NOTE: In the second map, which applies the winning party from 2012, Clinton STILL wins 324 to 139.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
When they get mine they will all be unloaded I'll assure you!
So you'll be turning in your ammunition shortly before turning in your weapons? :whistle:
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So you'll be turning in your ammunition shortly before turning in your weapons? :whistle:

I think the adage is 'they can have my guns, bullets first until my mags are empty', or something similar.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline oldmomster

:thumbsup:
Hope the Cruz campaign identifies and SHUNS the idiots who killed his chance of winning and keeps them FAR AWAY next time around:

Inflamatory morons who were running PAC's AGAINST Trump - not FOR Cruz.  Idiot Liz Mair who did the ad using Melania Trump photoshoot from 2000 to stir up the Mormons.  Her name should be MUD MUD MUD in ALL political circles.  She sabotaged the morality of the Cruz campaign.
http://www.lizmair.com/biography.php#navbar

Whoever jumped on the CNN story about Ben Carson going home and speculating that he was dropping out.

There's no pulling back crap once media has a nice juicy headline to run with...... 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:46:34 pm by oldmomster »

Offline the_doc

Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by the GOP establishment, the DEMS, Fox News  (in particular Sean Hannity) and the MSM. Ironically, the liberal media treated him at times better than conservative news. I find it quite disheartening and appalling when a member of our party stands up and defends our rights, and freedoms, including religious liberty, of "We the People" under the Constitution and is greatly chastised, ridiculed and attacked for doing so.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  I find it interesting that many members of Congress are now very reluctant to be associated with Trump and some are declining to be his VP.  That speaks volumes.  My question is, where were they when they very well could have easily voiced support for Cruz?  When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Fifteen other candidates competed against Trump.  None of those candidates were as vile and vulgar towards each other as Trump was to them.  Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity.  What does this say about the mindset of his supporters?  To think that this is what newly acquired voters are drawn to is frightening.  It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable.  All I can say now, is God, please help us!

#Never Trump  Don't blame me.  I support Cruz.

Wow.  Good post. 

I have not completely given up hope for America as a free, sovereign nation, but as I read the Bible--as I consider our God and Creator's Being and character (not to mention the details of the Book of Revelations)--I strongly suspect that the Lord has ordained the destruction of an apostate America in order to trigger a major end-time revival.  In this way, the true people of God win no matter what.

In my opinion, the folks who are facing perhaps the direst consequences of the mess that we are in are the evangelicals who will always claim that Trump is a God-fearing man.  Trump, of course, is a Creator-despising fool by every standard of both Testaments--not a man who fears God.  So, even if Trump squeaks out a victory over Hillary, I suspect that America as we know her and love her is doomed.

The vast majority of the #NeverTrump folks whom I know personally fear God a lot more than they fear Hillary.  We will not be a party to a Trump Presidency, no matter what.  Thus, the Trumpsters will never budge us with the looming threat of Hillary's election.  (Trump's ethically challenged [!] supporters will never grasp that.  But again, the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.) 

Offline libertybele

Trump himself is responsible for lying about Cruz and in turn lying to the American public. That in itself makes him despicable.  He clearly lacks integrity. He took advantage of a very angry electorate and told them what they wanted to hear; he never really went into any detail, but as long as he pushed their buttons they bought into what he was selling.  He was able to dominate the media ... FOX news lost a tremendous amount of credibility.  Then we have people like Palin (who had helped Cruz into the Senate) and Falwell.  How Falwell considers Trump an evangelical is beyond me ... I personally feel Trump made a very handsome contribution to his wallet and to the University's.  Let's face it.  Trump had enough money to buy his way to the nomination and to buy the media.  Trump himself also bears the responsibility of what happens to this country going forward; even if he isn't nominated president. 

#NeverTrump

Offline OldSaltUSN

Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by the GOP establishment, the DEMS, Fox News  (in particular Sean Hannity) and the MSM. Ironically, the liberal media treated him at times better than conservative news. I find it quite disheartening and appalling when a member of our party stands up and defends our rights, and freedoms, including religious liberty, of "We the People" under the Constitution and is greatly chastised, ridiculed and attacked for doing so.  Cruz is absolutely 100% correct, everyone who is responsible for the rise of Donald Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  I find it interesting that many members of Congress are now very reluctant to be associated with Trump and some are declining to be his VP.  That speaks volumes.  My question is, where were they when they very well could have easily voiced support for Cruz?  When Cruz came back to the Senate, he was warmly received and applauded; certainly a change of tune.

Fifteen other candidates competed against Trump.  None of those candidates were as vile and vulgar towards each other as Trump was to them.  Yet the masses accepted his vulgarity, anger, lying and verbal abuse towards others.  If we simply take a step back and look at the huge difference in character alone between Cruz and Trump it is equally disheartening that the masses would chose a bully over a gentlemen to lead our country and to set an example for our children. They chose someone who obviously lacks moral character over someone of great integrity.  What does this say about the mindset of his supporters?  To think that this is what newly acquired voters are drawn to is frightening.  It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable.  All I can say now, is God, please help us!

#Never Trump  Don't blame me.  I support Cruz.

Wow.  Good post. 

I have not completely given up hope for America as a free, sovereign nation, but as I read the Bible--as I consider our God and Creator's Being and character (not to mention the details of the Book of Revelations)--I strongly suspect that the Lord has ordained the destruction of an apostate America in order to trigger a major end-time revival.  In this way, the true people of God win no matter what.

In my opinion, the folks who are facing perhaps the direst consequences of the mess that we are in are the evangelicals who will always claim that Trump is a God-fearing man.  Trump, of course, is a Creator-despising fool by every standard of both Testaments--not a man who fears God.  So, even if Trump squeaks out a victory over Hillary, I suspect that America as we know her and love her is doomed.

The vast majority of the #NeverTrump folks whom I know personally fear God a lot more than they fear Hillary.  We will not be a party to a Trump Presidency, no matter what.  Thus, the Trumpsters will never budge us with the looming threat of Hillary's election.  (Trump's ethically challenged [!] supporters will never grasp that.  But again, the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.)

:thumbsup: :sword:

Offline OldSaltUSN

We'll see how you like it when they repeal the 2nd Amendment and start confiscating privately held firearms.    :whistle:
I expect that to happen eventually regardless of who wins this election.   :shrug:

No chance under a Trump administration.

It goes against every fiber of his image and campaign....who he is...who he's become.
@DCPatriot  @Bear_in_RoseBear

That last statement ignores a hell of a lot of Trump's history.  Good luck with that.

:bsflag:

A-Lert

@DCPatriot  @Bear_in_RoseBear

That last statement ignores a hell of a lot of Trump's history.  Good luck with that.

Some people actually learn from history while others try to use it against people. Ronald Reagan, the best POTUS in my lifetime was a democrat who voted for FDR 4 times.

Offline OldSaltUSN

Completely understand.  However, there are a WHOLE lotta people out there looking for a new home for their CONSERVATIVE vote.  Plus, likely, a few independents and Reagan Democrats would jump on board.

Even if they lost, picking up 10%, 15%, or even 25% of the vote starting from ground zero 5 months from the G.E. would put a stake through the heart of the GOP - forever, and scare the heck out of the Dems and GOPTrumps.   

A new "conservative" party will not arrive in a single election, but regardless of which progressive wins in November, what Cruz, Sasse, and other conservatives do between now and November will make all the difference in the world going forward.  For one thing, they'll dispel the myth that a viable third party is not possible in a system of government locked between two parties for 150 years.  To be viable in 2018 and future elections, they'd need to make a dent in 2016.

As disastrous as it will be to have either Trump or Hitlery running the country for the next four years, you do NOT simply throw down your weapons and run for the tall grass when losing a battle.  You execute an orderly retreat, amass forces and logistics, and live to win the battle another day.   

As it stands, conservatives are beaten, finished, and possibly forever.   A whole lot of people will simply drop out of the system, and allow the rogues to run America going forward, waiting in many cases, for the next civil war to purge America.   Better to fight politically tomorrow, under a new banner, losing the battle today, than to fight literally tomorrow.  That may be the choice.

I'd LOVE to see a new third, conservative party before Novermber, even if every vote had to be a write-in vote.

Offline OldSaltUSN

I think the adage is 'they can have my guns, bullets first until my mags are empty', or something similar.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm using up 1000's of rounds now, so I'll need less later.  I may not be the "young gun" that I was back in my active duty days, but I'll be close.

Maybe a little less mobile ...   :thud:

Offline ConstitutionRose

Wow.  Good post. 

I think we'we've always felt pretty secure (in lifetime) about our religious liberties.  But more and more we see them eroded in the interests of the inconsequential.  I have also been thinking that we are moving into the end times scenario (just finished a study on Revelation). 

Even looking at it historically how long can a Republic last when it's citizens abandon all principles?

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.