Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122212 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Donald Trump HAS the 1237 delegate votes for the 1st Convention vote...in hand or virtually guaranteed.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's because

1) We've gone through all the VALID reasons...ad nauseum... why we've chosen Donald Trump, going on 9 months now.

2) Donald Trump HAS the 1237 delegate votes for the 1st Convention vote...in hand or virtually guaranteed.

So why is it that you Trump bots are SO VERY worried about those of us who won't support him?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Donald Trump CANNOT win this election without all of us #NeverTrump.  It's a fact.  There is speculation right now that Hillary will pick Warren as her VP who is one of the most liberal left progressives who appeals to women, the far left, the Sanders crowd and the LGBT crowd. He's going to lose by a landslide.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Including Cruz himself?

“I’m pleased to welcome Donald Trump into the race for the 2016 Republican nomination for President of the United States. His experience as a successful businessman and job creator will prove crucial to ensuring the eventual GOP nominee is not only well-equipped to defeat Hillary Clinton in November, but also to make America great again.”

“When it comes to Donald Trump, I like Donald Trump. I think he’s terrific. I think he’s brash. I think he speaks the truth,” Cruz said during an interview on “Fox and Friends” promoting his new book. “And I think NBC is engaging in political correctness that is silly and that is wrong.”

"He’s bold and brash, and he’s willing to speak the truth. And he’s taking on the Washington cartel," Cruz said.
[...]
"I appreciate Donald focusing on illegal immigration," Cruz said. "I've been proud to defend him for focusing on illegal immigration."

“Quite a few members of this field have attacked Donald Trump. A lot of folks in the media have asked me ‘Ted Cruz, will you do the same?’ I have been glad to praise Donald Trump for speaking out boldly and brashly and for focusing on illegal immigration.”

Ted Cruz ✔ ‎@tedcruz
The Establishment's only hope: Trump & me in a cage match.

Sorry to disappoint -- @realDonaldTrump is terrific. #DealWithIt
12:03 PM - 11 Dec 2015
  6,755 6,755 Retweets   9,024 9,024 likes

Look, I like Cruz but he bears blame too. Nearly the whole conservative establishment bears some blame, from Limbaugh to Erich Erickson (who was pro-Trump way back when) to Ted Cruz. Even I supported the guy at one point.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So why is it that you Trump bots are SO VERY worried about those of us who won't support him?

Not worried, ya ole fart!   Just disappointed, that's all.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Henry Noel

Ridiculous allegations,  accusations and incessant whining warrant little more than an emoticon.

Have you ever watched a debate where a token conservative contends against three or four liberals? The response to everything the conservative says is laughter, and knowing looks between the liberals that say, "isn't he precious!" But they never really have anything to say. That's because the ideas of the conservatives are so preposterous that they hardly merit a response.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:09:35 pm by Henry Noel »
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

A-Lert

Have you ever watched a debate where a token conservative contends against three or four liberals? The response to everything the conservative says is laughter, and knowing looks between the liberals that say, "isn't he precious!" But they never really have anything to say. That's because the ideas of the conservatives are so preposterous that they hardly merit a response.

No. Why would I waste time watching  3 or 4 liberals?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not worried, ya ole fart!   Just disappointed, that's all.   :laugh:

YOU'RE disappointed??? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

Same reason we try to help the disabled in the family. Its the Christian/right thing to do.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RetBobbyMI

I think you'd be better off trying to defend what Trump actually means rather than his "truthful hyperbole".

Suppose someone is coming here from India on a student visa.  How do we know whether they are Hindu or Muslim so that we know whether or not they are banned?
Or even better example, someone coming from England, France, Belgium or any other European country to visit Disney World, that might be Muslim with sinister motives. THEY don't need a Visa.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump CANNOT win this election without all of us #NeverTrump.  It's a fact.  There is speculation right now that Hillary will pick Warren as her VP who is one of the most liberal left progressives who appeals to women, the far left, the Sanders crowd and the LGBT crowd. He's going to lose by a landslide.

So you are working for Hillary.   Good to know. 

Online DCPatriot

It's fascinating, R-i-V....isn't it?      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

It's fascinating, R-i-V....isn't it?      :laugh:

At least they're dropping the façade.  I'll give them credit for that. 

Offline sinkspur

Working against Trump.  That this cretin is who you Trumpkins saddled us with is YOUR fault.  10 million votes for Donald in the primaries, 15 million against.

You want a reality TV clown for president, you vote for him. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

Working against Trump.  That this cretin is who you Trumpkins saddled us with is YOUR fault.  10 million votes for Donald in the primaries, 15 million against.

You want a reality TV clown for president, you vote for him.

Worked for this guy.......    :whistle:

Offline Norm Lenhart

That's because

1) We've gone through all the VALID reasons...ad nauseum... why we've chosen Donald Trump, going on 9 months now.

2) Donald Trump HAS the 1237 delegate votes for the 1st Convention vote...in hand or virtually guaranteed.

Well they are valid for you. And that's fine. But Don isn't a conservative. So he's not a valid choice for conservatives.

Trump can have 'all the things'. Doesn't matter a whit. He doesn't have my vote. Or my integrity. I'll spend them on a conservative.

Online DCPatriot

Well they are valid for you. And that's fine. But Don isn't a conservative. So he's not a valid choice for conservatives.

Trump can have 'all the things'. Doesn't matter a whit. He doesn't have my vote. Or my integrity. I'll spend them on a conservative.

But Hillary is suddenly "Conservative"?

This is Trump vs. Hillary.

You can tie yourselves in knots trying to convince yourselves that Trump would be worse than Hillary Clinton.

Frankly, I don't give a damn.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But Hillary is suddenly "Conservative"?

This is Trump vs. Hillary.

You can tie yourselves in knots trying to convince yourselves that Trump would be worse than Hillary Clinton.

Frankly, I don't give a damn.

Well, that's not hard to do at all.  No knots required.

We simply look at his past fruits, his past support of everything antithetical to Conservatism, listen to his ever-changing promises and speeches and read the insane pronouncements of Trump Believers that trump must be made dictator to save the nation.

Frankly, the only reason we give a damn about whom the Trump mob is making their king, is because we are reading all the gleeful pronouncements of punishment and death for treason the Trump Believers are calling for on various fora upon those of us who will not vote for your political messiah.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

I would say Trump has proven that he understand the anger regarding those issues.  That's a far cry from proving that he understands the issues themselves, and I think that's the gamble.

Please, continue to split hairs ... but move out of the fast lane, we've an election to win.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:56:54 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Please, continue to split hairs ... but move out the fast lane, we've an election to win.

Not judging by your actions. Or your candidates. But after he tells a growing number of groups he doesn't need them, I suppose he has enough hotels to house his faithful in.

Now if we can get you all to simply stay in his compounds, the rest of us can try sorting out the collective mess you pragmatists made of my country.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?

Worked for this guy.......    :whistle:

You can't equate Donald Trump to Ronald Reagan.  Reagan was principled and showed his convictions and love of America, not love of himself from early on in his life.  Reagan was self-deprecating in his humor and made EVERYONE feel like they mattered and they were a part of his vision for a greater America.  Reagan had political experience before he ran for President.  He always stated his positions clearly and even when he changed his mind he explained that change clearly. 
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

A-Lert

You can't equate Donald Trump to Ronald Reagan.  Reagan was principled and showed his convictions and love of America, not love of himself from early on in his life.  Reagan was self-deprecating in his humor and made EVERYONE feel like they mattered and they were a part of his vision for a greater America.  Reagan had political experience before he ran for President.  He always stated his positions clearly and even when he changed his mind he explained that change clearly.

Reagan voted for FDR four times.  Is comparing Trump to Reagan any worse than the neverTrumps comparing Trump to Hit-ler and Mussolini?

Offline OldSaltUSN

Including Cruz himself?

Look, I like Cruz but he bears blame too. Nearly the whole conservative establishment bears some blame, from Limbaugh to Erich Erickson (who was pro-Trump way back when) to Ted Cruz. Even I supported the guy at one point.
@AbaraXas @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Forgive me, but I can't quite figure out who posted what in that last post.  But let me try to wrap a bow around it and address it below.

“I’m pleased to welcome Donald Trump into the race for the 2016 Republican nomination for President of the United States. His experience as a successful businessman and job creator will prove crucial to ensuring the eventual GOP nominee is not only well-equipped to defeat Hillary Clinton in November, but also to make America great again.”

“When it comes to Donald Trump, I like Donald Trump. I think he’s terrific. I think he’s brash. I think he speaks the truth,” Cruz said during an interview on “Fox and Friends” promoting his new book. “And I think NBC is engaging in political correctness that is silly and that is wrong.”

"He’s bold and brash, and he’s willing to speak the truth. And he’s taking on the Washington cartel," Cruz said.
    [...]
    "I appreciate Donald focusing on illegal immigration," Cruz said. "I've been proud to defend him for focusing on illegal immigration."

“Quite a few members of this field have attacked Donald Trump. A lot of folks in the media have asked me ‘Ted Cruz, will you do the same?’ I have been glad to praise Donald Trump for speaking out boldly and brashly and for focusing on illegal immigration.”

Ted Cruz ✔ ‎@tedcruz
    The Establishment's only hope: Trump & me in a cage match.

Sorry to disappoint -- @realDonaldTrump is terrific. #DealWithIt
    12:03 PM - 11 Dec 2015
      6,755 6,755 Retweets   9,024 9,024 likes

The above is a very cute trick, practiced frequently by "relative moral values" progressives.  You take a quote, or a series of quotes out of context, and then claim that they represent either hypocrisy by the author (usually a conservative) or support of a political position or person that is clearly in conflict with the facts.

So, can you think hard, think REALLY hard and figure about what the difference might be about most of these undated Cruz quotes, versus  now, May 15th, 2016?   (I don't want to make this too difficult, but the answer is NOT "Cruz lost".)

Think ... think .... think .....    Got the answer yet?

Well, since this format is not particularly interactive, I'll state the obvious.   In 2015, Trump was one of 16 new announced candidate for the President of the United States.  At that point, every fair candidate was "big tent", i.e. everyone welcomed everyone else into the fray.  Moreover, Trump, like Cruz, was clearly an outsider, an antagonist to the GOP-e status quo, and in that vein, was a confederate of the Cruz camp in the goal of ripping control from the GOP-e Senators and Congressmen/women who did not oppose Obama, and actually acted in concert to support Obama's policy and ideological prerogatives against the intent and desires of conservatives who put them into office.

So, how would you have had Cruz respond, in the early days of the campaign?  Trump's a liar?  Trump's never done anything conservative in his life?  Trump's a charlatan and cameleon? 

Well, first, that would have been unfair, and therefore, immoral.   Second, it would have been unwise, and harmful to the open GOP primary election?

What's different now?  Why do some conservatives consider themselves righteously "#NeverTrump"?  Simply, because Trump has since 2015 validated every negative fear any true conservative has ever had about Trump.  (Now, if you're a pro-choice, pro-tariff, pro-government intervention, anti-Christian, pro-BLM, believe in global warming, or are pro-Trump "suggestion" about immigration and anything else he's said or might say, then I'm sorry, but the "true conservative" adjective does not accurately apply to you.  I'd rather keep the "apples" separated from the "oranges", in logical discussions about Trump.)  Trump not only has been the full-metal-jacket progressive in conservative wool, but he's gratuitously attacked and savaged every conservative of any note or accomplishment in the GOP, simply for being conservative (and "not a Trump supporter").

Aside from the personal insults to Cruz, his kids, his wife, his father, his non-existent Mistresses, his gardener, his childhood first love, his church, and anything else Trump may have thought up in Trump's fertile but weak, little mind, but has yet to tweet, Cruz has come to the conclusion that Trump is running 180 degrees in the opposite direction from conservatism, and thinks he'll be disastrous for the country, the conservative movement, and the GOP party - in that order.

So, when someone posts all those so-called Cruz positions, by attributing quotes from Cruz circa 2015, as the OP above did, he or she is being blatantly dishonest about Cruz.

Hell, why can't the Trump supporters just be honest!  Damn, why the hell can't you be honest?  We might even make some progress at party unity, towards defeating Hillary in November.

However, Trump himself has not done that, and clearly, never will.   He'll keep on with insults, lies, or misrepresentations, while crying about being insulted, or "attacked" every time someone calls him on his words, deeds, and previous history.   And, the Trump supporters will be with in lockstep, justifying, obfuscating, and lying with Trump every step of the way.   It leads to the very logical conclusion that Trump really doesn't care about winning, that he might just be hunky-dory with whoever the Democrats shoo past him into office.  If he WANTED the office, he'd be mending bridges - big time.  He wouldn't be taking a campaign break.  Nothing that Trump has done has changed my mind that he's Perot for 2016, a life long FOB&H (Friend of Bill and Hillary), Billionaire, pseudo reformer, and GOP spoiler, in the race entirely to turn over the White House to a President named Clinton.

That's why I call Trump supporters immoral, even some of my previous dearest "friends" such as Sarah Palin.   That's why I use the term "Immoral" for the Trump supporter's behavior, and "amoral" Trump supporters in general.   Trump isn't the worst politician ever, not worse than most Democrats, not worse than many GOP and so called conservatives.   However, as leader of the GOP, he'll be the ruin of the party, he'll set back the conservative movement years or even decades, and he probably will lose the election putting <enter designated leftwing Democrat candidate here> in office to change the country from a Constitutional republic to something very left wing.

That's on that rat-bastard-liar Trump, and everyone his supporters, be they simply confused, ignorant, misguided, or fully amoral - it doesn't really matter, at this point.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:09:48 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline RetBobbyMI

...comparing Trump to Hit-ler and Mussolini?
Now there is a thought.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trump doesn't care who wins, as long as he can buy his way in.  And if Hillary would win, it would be easier for him to keep on ripping off others and buy influence with the Clintons.