Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122342 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The most cognizant comment in 50+ pages of echoed-chamber, deluded, self-perpetuating, drivel from self-righteous #NeverTrumpers.

You realize you're describing yourself with the above quoted post right?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I understand where your coming from Sanguine, but Trump is also marching to Clinton's drum.

Following Bill's instructions to the letter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You realize you're describing yourself with the above quoted post right?

He's on contract. Whines are to be posted every 20 pages.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I understand where your coming from Sanguine, but Trump is also marching to Clinton's drum.

I hear you, Libertybele, but that doesn't change what I said. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Yeah, we disagree a bit on that, Bigun.  I think that Hillary will be worse than Trump.  She's organized and has the press, academia and the "globalists" behind her.  Trump isn't and doesn't to the extent that she does.

The more freaky ideas Trump has will either be struck down by the courts, or never get through Congress.  Hillary's ideas are much more likely to be enacted into law, regulation, court decree, or mandate of some form.

Online libertybele

The more freaky ideas Trump has will either be struck down by the courts, or never get through Congress.  Hillary's ideas are much more likely to be enacted into law, regulation, court decree, or mandate of some form.

I wouldn't count on his ideas never getting through Congress.  The reality is we have a GOP majority right now in BOTH houses and they have done very little if anything to curtail our current president. I am hopeful that we will retain at least the majority in the House, but I am less optimistic about retaining our slim majority in the Senate. He is a liberal; I don't see a liberal Senate or House holding him back at all.  Secondly, there is the power of the pen and IMHO Trump would rule primarily by executive fiat.  As I have stated several times, it is absolutely lunacy to give one of the richest men in the world one of the most powerful positions in the world.  He is a narcissistic demagogue; to give him that kind of power is dangerous.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wouldn't count on his ideas never getting through Congress.  The reality is we have a GOP majority right now in BOTH houses and they have done very little if anything to curtail our current president. I am hopeful that we will retain at least the majority in the House, but I am less optimistic about retaining our slim majority in the Senate. He is a liberal; I don't see a liberal Senate or House holding him back at all.  Secondly, there is the power of the pen and IMHO Trump would rule primarily by executive fiat.  As I have stated several times, it is absolutely lunacy to give one of the richest men in the world one of the most powerful positions in the world.  He is a narcissistic demagogue; to give him that kind of power is dangerous.

I really doubt that he is one of the richest men in the world.   And, his own lack of discipline and absence of filters will continue to limit his effectiveness.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I really doubt that he is one of the richest men in the world.   And, his own lack of discipline and absence of filters will continue to limit his effectiveness.
Forbes puts his net worth in the top 500, although there is disagreement about where, exactly, he falls in that group. No argument here about his lack of discipline and the absence of filters limiting effectiveness, but he has also shown a willingness to act rashly and make excuses blaming innocents for his rash actions. He does not accept blame, he doesn't apologize when wrong, but twists the situation to make it the victim's fault or plays the victim card himself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Agreed. Trump is a disturbing person and lacks any sense of decorum. In addition, he can't even form complete sentences and continually repeats himself when trying to make a point. It also seems he cannot speak on any issue in depth because he just flat out lacks the knowledge. 

He is definitely unfit to be our Commander in Chief; yet there are still those avid Trump supporters who refuse to see him for what he is; a bombastic, narcissistic, psychopath.
@libertybele You are incorrect, trump is a Sociopath, not a psychopath. The terms are often used interchangeably, but they are not synonyms.
Psychopaths, in general, have a hard time forming real emotional attachments with others. Instead, they form artificial, shallow relationships designed to be manipulated in a way that most benefits the psychopath. People are seen as pawns to be used to forward the psychopath’s goals. Psychopaths rarely feel guilt regarding any of their behaviors, no matter how much they hurt others.

But psychopaths can often be seen by others as being charming and trustworthy, holding steady, normal jobs. Some even have families and seemingly-loving relationships with a partner. While they tend to be well-educated, they may also have learned a great deal on their own.

Sociopaths, in general, tend to be more impulsive and erratic in their behavior than their psychopath counterparts. While also having difficulties in forming attachments to others, some sociopaths may be able to form an attachment to a like-minded group or person. Unlike psychopaths, most sociopaths don’t hold down long-term jobs or present much of a normal family life to the outside world.

When a sociopath engages in criminal behavior, they may do so in an impulsive and largely unplanned manner, with little regard for the risks or consequences of their actions. They may become agitated and angered easily, sometimes resulting in violent outbursts. These kinds of behaviors increase a sociopath’s chances of being apprehended.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

geronl

Lex Luthor and Gorden Gekko had a love child,

his name is Donald Trump.

Online libertybele

@libertybele You are incorrect, trump is a Sociopath, not a psychopath. The terms are often used interchangeably, but they are not synonyms.
Psychopaths, in general, have a hard time forming real emotional attachments with others. Instead, they form artificial, shallow relationships designed to be manipulated in a way that most benefits the psychopath. People are seen as pawns to be used to forward the psychopath’s goals. Psychopaths rarely feel guilt regarding any of their behaviors, no matter how much they hurt others.

But psychopaths can often be seen by others as being charming and trustworthy, holding steady, normal jobs. Some even have families and seemingly-loving relationships with a partner. While they tend to be well-educated, they may also have learned a great deal on their own.

Sociopaths, in general, tend to be more impulsive and erratic in their behavior than their psychopath counterparts. While also having difficulties in forming attachments to others, some sociopaths may be able to form an attachment to a like-minded group or person. Unlike psychopaths, most sociopaths don’t hold down long-term jobs or present much of a normal family life to the outside world.

When a sociopath engages in criminal behavior, they may do so in an impulsive and largely unplanned manner, with little regard for the risks or consequences of their actions. They may become agitated and angered easily, sometimes resulting in violent outbursts. These kinds of behaviors increase a sociopath’s chances of being apprehended.

I am not a psychiatrist nor do I pretend to be, I was merely reiterating how the psychiatrists and mental health professionals have classified Trump -- not my words but theirs.  I have posted numerous links to articles mental health professionals have written -- one in particular did a study of 600 hours of Trump footage and is a credible, mental health professional and clearly called Trump a psychopath. 

Regardless, numerous reports (links provided previously several times in several different threads) indicate that Trump is a narcissist and in a dangerous way.

As Cruz stated; those who bolstered Trump WILL bear that responsibility going forward.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

??? His net worth has been determined to be at around $4.5 BILLION.  I would consider that to be very wealthy ... putting him in a class of billionaires, I consider him one of the richest men in the world. 

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/savings/donald-trump-net-worth.aspx

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celebrity-business/men/donald-trump-net-worth/

http://fortune.com/2016/05/23/doland-trump-net-worth/

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/05/111892/what-is-donald-trumps-net-worth

Offline Norm Lenhart

I cannot think of a more accurate set of words to describe the demonstrated and documented life of Donald Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I cannot think of a more accurate set of words to describe the demonstrated and documented life of Donald Trump.

He's not a psychopath.  Probably ADHD with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.   

Offline Smokin Joe

??? His net worth has been determined to be at around $4.5 BILLION.  I would consider that to be very wealthy ... putting him in a class of billionaires, I consider him one of the richest men in the world. 

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/savings/donald-trump-net-worth.aspx

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celebrity-business/men/donald-trump-net-worth/

http://fortune.com/2016/05/23/doland-trump-net-worth/

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/05/111892/what-is-donald-trumps-net-worth
He is in the top 500. That's up there, but when you consider that much of his wealth is tied up in leveraged properties as equity, the liquid or relatively liquid portion of those assets is a small fraction of that total. Consider, too, that the value of those assets changes from day to day, and that affects any attempt to quantify them. I know a few fairly wealthy people, some by hard work, some by luck of the draw (oil underneath land they inherited). Not all of either category are people I would consider "smart" so much as being in the right place at the right time with no calculation or premeditation. Willingness to engage in the sort of risks that pay off is sometimes accompanies by a lack of understanding of those risks, a trait that leads to what is later mistakenly attributed to boldness or market savvy.
In Trump's case, he had a few things going for him the average 'bootstraps' guy doesn't. He had family financial backing (a million dollar 'loan'). He had the experience of his father to draw on. He had connections, through his family, with people who were knowledgeable and influential. That's hardly the same experience as just getting off the boat and building a business empire from scratch.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

He is in the top 500. That's up there, but when you consider that much of his wealth is tied up in leveraged properties as equity, the liquid or relatively liquid portion of those assets is a small fraction of that total. Consider, too, that the value of those assets changes from day to day, and that affects any attempt to quantify them. I know a few fairly wealthy people, some by hard work, some by luck of the draw (oil underneath land they inherited). Not all of either category are people I would consider "smart" so much as being in the right place at the right time with no calculation or premeditation. Willingness to engage in the sort of risks that pay off is sometimes accompanies by a lack of understanding of those risks, a trait that leads to what is later mistakenly attributed to boldness or market savvy.
In Trump's case, he had a few things going for him the average 'bootstraps' guy doesn't. He had family financial backing (a million dollar 'loan'). He had the experience of his father to draw on. He had connections, through his family, with people who were knowledgeable and influential. That's hardly the same experience as just getting off the boat and building a business empire from scratch.
The exact amount of his wealth is irrelevant; what matters is his greed has made him wealthier than most. He will stop at nothing to achieve his goals to accumulate wealth be it lie, cheat, swindle, deceive, sue or verbally attack and insult others. His wealth and psychotic personality disorders and lack of knowledge about the Constitution and government functions and policies make him unfit to be Commander in Chief and he would be a danger to our country.

Offline Smokin Joe

The exact amount of his wealth is irrelevant; what matters is his greed has made him wealthier than most. He will stop at nothing to achieve his goals to accumulate wealth be it lie, cheat, swindle, deceive, sue or verbally attack and insult others. His wealth and psychotic personality disorders and lack of knowledge about the Constitution and government functions and policies make him unfit to be Commander in Chief and he would be a danger to our country.
The only relevance I give it is that like most things Trump, it is overstated. Aside from that, I don't care if he's richer than Soros, he's still a raving Liberal.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

The only relevance I give it is that like most things Trump, it is overstated. Aside from that, I don't care if he's richer than Soros, he's still a raving Liberal.

True.  Trump is overstated.  He is a psychopathic, narcissistic, liberal fraud. I'm still hoping that both Trump and Clinton will be denied the majority.  I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but I'm still holding hope.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
True.  Trump is overstated.  He is a psychopathic, narcissistic, liberal fraud. I'm still hoping that both Trump and Clinton will be denied the majority.  I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but I'm still holding hope.
The best chance of happening is if Johnson (and yeah, I know you and a lot of others here don't particularly like the guy) gets over 10%, as he's generally polling right now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

The best chance of happening is if Johnson (and yeah, I know you and a lot of others here don't particularly like the guy) gets over 10%, as he's generally polling right now.

I'll take the 10%.  That's 10% of the vote that neither Trump or Hillary get.  I'm hoping that Castle will take in about 3% and my gut feeling is that Cruz write in's will be much larger than anyone ever expected...the scenario could very well deny both Trump or Hillary the majority needed.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'll take the 10%.  That's 10% of the vote that neither Trump or Hillary get.  I'm hoping that Castle will take in about 3% and my gut feeling is that Cruz write in's will be much larger than anyone ever expected...the scenario could very well deny both Trump or Hillary the majority needed.

Castle will be on the ballot here in Mi. so that's how I'll probably vote.

Online libertybele

Castle will be on the ballot here in Mi. so that's how I'll probably vote.

I'm a fan of the Constitution party and Castle will be on the ballot here in FL as well, but I still plan on writing in Cruz. 

Offline The_Reader_David

No.  Each state (leaving aside Nebraska and Maine where two electors are chosen at large and one each from each of the Congressional districts) is a first past the post winner-take all election to chose electors, all of whom will be loyalists of the candidate who takes the plurality (or majority) of the votes in that state, and in some states all of whom are bound under penalty of criminal sanction to vote in the Electoral College for the candidate who took the plurality (or majority) of popular votes in that state.

While it might be a moral victory to deny both of the corrupt, immoral, wannabe-Caesars the major parties have put up a majority of the popular vote, doing so is unlikely to stop one of them from being chosen in the Electoral College.  The only hope of doing that is a wave of support for minor party candidate (meaning Johnson, no neither Castle, more desirable, though he may be to conservatives, nor Stein have any hope of pulling enough votes to matter) strong enough to carry a few states and with a pattern of drawing support from Trump and Clinton that keep either from getting a majority in the Electoral College.

Leaving aside the possibility of a death on the campaign trail, the only, vanishingly slim, chance of keeping both Trump and Clinton out of the White House is Johnson carrying a state or two, the election thrown to the House of Representatives and a GOP House having decided that Trump is insane electing Johnson, with the Senate giving him a VP from whichever major party controlled the Senate after the election.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Vulcan

...but I still plan on writing in Cruz.

As will I.  I surely won't be voting for either of the New York liberals.

Offline Smokin Joe

I will no more hand a strategy vote to Johnson, whose views I find largely deplorable, just to stop Trump than I will hand a strategy vote to Trump just to stop Hillary.  It's the same argument.  I reject it.
I agree. If necessary, I will write in Cruz or Castle.

C S Lewis