Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122359 times)

geronl

The essence of demagoguery is the idea that the truth of a statement is determined entirely by the size of the following it attracts.

:amen: :amen: :amen:

Offline verga

IF he loses....it means the Republican Party is indeed, in the dustbin of history.  For no other Republican named Cruz, or otherwise would be able to 'combat' the leftward media complex against Hillary Clinton.

Trump is Obiwan Kanobe....he's our ONLY hope.   (To slow the advance toward a dissolution of our Constitutional Republic)
This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever read and at the same time the most untrue. Trump is P.T. Barnum.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever read and at the same time the most untrue. Trump is P.T. Barnum.

While I may not agree with you DC; I definitely don't find your comments stupid - far from it. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Can anyone picture Cruz doing any of these things?

Trump's last 24 hours:
-Attacked dead soldier's family
-Trashed 4-star general
-Lied about NFL & Koch Bros.
-Accused fire marshal of bias

Cruz has intelligence.  Trump is just a plain, bombastic, narcissistic, clueless low life.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Trump's last 24 hours:
-Trashed 4-star general

He's back to work in the Senate; too bad we don't have more Senators doing what we elected them to do.

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_releases

Meanwhile ... Trump continues to make a complete AZZ out of himself.

Offline GrouchoTex

Trump's last 24 hours:
-Trashed 4-star general

No, I could not imagine Cruz making these gaffes.

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

IF he loses....it means the Republican Party is indeed, in the dustbin of history.  For no other Republican named Cruz, or otherwise would be able to 'combat' the leftward media complex against Hillary Clinton.

Trump is Obiwan Kanobe....he's our ONLY hope.   (To slow the advance toward a dissolution of our Constitutional Republic)

No, he's full of Sith.
http://www.libertarianism.org/columns/our-sith-presidency-rise-darth-trump

[attachment deleted by admin]
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

If you wish to place a real Republic in the hands of a fictional character, you have done well.

Impressive, most impressive...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I find his lack of taste disturbing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

I find his lack of taste disturbing.

Agreed. Trump is a disturbing person and lacks any sense of decorum. In addition, he can't even form complete sentences and continually repeats himself when trying to make a point. It also seems he cannot speak on any issue in depth because he just flat out lacks the knowledge. 

He is definitely unfit to be our Commander in Chief; yet there are still those avid Trump supporters who refuse to see him for what he is; a bombastic, narcissistic, psychopath.

Offline GilesB

Trump's last 24 hours:
-Trashed 4-star general

Posting cheesecake photos of his opponent's wife  (oh, wait!)

Offline GilesB

I disagree with your choice of terms!  I would have said "pathetically UNWILLING to distinguish themselves from the jackasses."

Welcome aboard!

I agree wholeheartedly with your change in wording.

Offline GilesB

You make the best argument (GOP in the dustbin of history) for voting for Hillary I have seen yet.

The Republican Party represents a greater danger to our republic than either Hillary or Trump.  As shown in this thread, the GOP seduces patriots into believing they are the antidote to liberal poison... To his dismay, the patriot finds himself poisoned by the false cure after it's too late.

Destroy the GOP.  make room for a true conservative party to rise.

Offline Smokin Joe

You make the best argument (GOP in the dustbin of history) for voting for Hillary I have seen yet.

The Republican Party represents a greater danger to our republic than either Hillary or Trump.  As shown in this thread, the GOP seduces patriots into believing they are the antidote to liberal poison... To his dismay, the patriot finds himself poisoned by the false cure after it's too late.

Check out the Constitution Party, if you haven't.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,214526.msg0.html#new

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

The Republican Party represents a greater danger to our republic than either Hillary or Trump. 

Liberal Trump has already shown himself to be on the McConnell, Boehner RINO GOPE wing of the Gone Old Party. I can hardly wait for the real conservative party to show up, because someone like Trump wouldn't have a seat at the table.

Offline GilesB

Check out the Constitution Party, if you haven't.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,214526.msg0.html#new

I have - they have the right positions, but they have no chance at the moment.  They will benefit greatly from the lying, oxygen sucking GOP's eventual crash.

Offline Smokin Joe

I have - they have the right positions, but they have no chance at the moment.  They will benefit greatly from the lying, oxygen sucking GOP's eventual crash.
I don't expect any sweeping victories, not this time. But as for building a party, if not now, when? The GOP isn't getting any more conservative, the Dems won't provide any satisfaction, so I'm going to do what I can to get the Constitution Party out there. If not all the States, as many as possible, and to let people know there is an alternative to the Libertarian Party which is a tad libertine for me.
Besides, getting people to realize things are NOT working as intended could help push the pendulum back.

I am a firm believer that the people at the top have to be intelligent, functional 24/7 on a moment's notice, and at least someone who answers the phone has to be sober enough to make coffee.

C S Lewis

Offline GilesB

My main political focus now is destroying the GOP before they and the dims destroy the country - and they are well on the way.  The Constitution Party will have room to grow with the GOP dead - and as long as the GOP lives, the CP will exist only in the shadow and the sidelines.  Remember, the GOP grew out of the fertilizer of the dead Whig Party.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The only fly in that "vote for Hillary" ointment is that the destruction of the GOP will be irrelevant in a post-Hillary US.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The only fly in that "vote for Hillary" ointment is that the destruction of the GOP will be irrelevant in a post-Hillary US.

As it will in a post Trump USA!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Liberal Trump has already shown himself to be on the McConnell, Boehner RINO GOPE wing of the Gone Old Party. I can hardly wait for the real conservative party to show up, because someone like Trump wouldn't have a seat at the table.

Keep in mind that with a Hillary win we will see the Supreme Court heavily tilted toward the left. Amnesty will be granted to millions and  those that are granted amnesty will be voting for the left giving the DEMS a very prominent advantage in future elections (if we make it that far).  So even IF a very strong conservative party emerges from the ashes of the GOP party ... their chances of winning because of the sheer numbers of new DEM voters are slim to none.  After many years and several election cycles we almost took our country back and our party back with Cruz leading the way.  Trump's objective was to keep that from happening.  So in reality, many years of hard work towards conservatism was destroyed.  It's going to take many many years of hard work to get to that point again, if ever. 

Cruz was absolutely 100% correct; those who bolstered Trump ARE responsible for what happens going party.  He stopped a conservative from being nominated, he further splintered the party, he made a mockery out of the debates, he made a mockery out of the primary process and he has made fools out of millions of his supporters.

Also keep in mind that with a Trump victory the outcome will be the same.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:21:21 pm by libertybele »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As it will in a post Trump USA!

Yeah, we disagree a bit on that, Bigun.  I think that Hillary will be worse than Trump.  She's organized and has the press, academia and the "globalists" behind her.  Trump isn't and doesn't to the extent that she does.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Today in the MI primary I will be voting against any fool who thinks its wise to try to run on Trump's coattails.

Basically that means voting against Doug North in the 7th district primary. The guy is a democrat running as a republican and pushing Dennis Kucinich's failed NEED Act and making America great again as central issues of his campaign.

Offline aligncare

Why?  Do you think any congress is going to stop President Clinton?

If anyone seriously wants to stop her, the last chance is on November 8.

The most cognizant comment in 50+ pages of echoed-chamber, deluded, self-perpetuating, drivel from self-righteous #NeverTrumpers.

Offline libertybele

Yeah, we disagree a bit on that, Bigun.  I think that Hillary will be worse than Trump.  She's organized and has the press, academia and the "globalists" behind her.  Trump isn't and doesn't to the extent that she does.

I understand where your coming from Sanguine, but Trump is also marching to Clinton's drum.