Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 121577 times)

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Getting back to the topic at hand, this is true of anyone you vote for. You vote for them you own the results. In 2008 many republicrats voted for the O simply because he was black. People like Colin Powell, who at one time was a respected republican. They own it, just like those who support Trump will own it good or bad.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online libertybele

We have several Jewish members here who are insulted every time the Hitler comparisons are made.....I wish members would please keep that in mind....they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT see any similarity.

Since I brought up HIT*LER, I will speak for myself.  As a Christian, I find the attack on Christianity troubling.  I absolutely have nothing against the Jewish people, or the religion and I am not quite understanding why bringing up HIT*LER is seen as an insult.  I have merely pointed out the similarities that I frighteningly see between Trump and Adolph; those similarities and others have also been pointed out by several historians, scholars and psychologists.  Psychologists are much in agreement that both Trump and Adolph have a mental disorder called narcissism and have very similar personalities. I have posted that information a couple of times and have provided many credible links.

HIT*LER IMHO was an anti-christ, did despicable and deplorable things to not just the Jewish people, but to other ethnic groups and individuals as well.  The way that Trump says despicable and deplorable things to women, and other ethnic groups and people in general to me raises a huge red flag. Secondly, Trump has said absolutely nothing of substance about any issue, has back pedaled on most issues and even had his supporters raise their hand in acknowledgement to him.  I'm sorry, I just don't see the difference.  Granted, Trump has not inflicted the atrocities as HIT*LER did upon our country ... but keep in mind we haven't given one of the most wealthiest men in the world that powerful seat in Washington yet.

By no means were any insults intended; rather the only intent was to show history is frighteningly starting to repeat itself.  I cannot and will not vote for someone who I feel will continue this country on a path of destruction. I'm hoping people will start to open their eyes.

To find the name HIT*LER offensive because of the atrocities he inflicted upon Germany, Poland, Russia, Austria, Croatia, Hungry, etc.  is extremely understandable.  I am the second generation here on my Mother's side (100% Slovak) and 3rd generation here on my Father's side (100% Croatian).  My family/ancestors were affected as well.  I think people really need to take a hard look at the similarities.  To find the name HIT*LER offensive because it reminds one of the terrible historical past, is not being realistic and quite frankly, naive.

I bring up this comparison certainly NOT to offend anyone; only to at least make some think twice about who Trump really is.

HIT*LER is part of history...to bury him and to forget him is counterproductive; to remember him, what he did and what he stood for, hopefully will remind all of us NOT to allow the past repeat itself.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

But believing in global warming makes you establishment?   That is a non-sequitur.   No it doesn't. 

Aligning yourself with Marxists to promote one of their Sacraments doesn't exactly inspire Conservative confidence.

It just means you are uninformed and that you are simply going along with the popular crowd.   

I hate crowds and mobs, most often they are emotional blobs of euphoria or anger that I tend to stay clear of or oppose.  Perhaps I am uninformed, but I posted an actual visual example of what I was informed about.

Gingrich fought for us sufficiently that he ought to be given the benefit of the doubt,  and even some leeway to make mistakes.

I did that for awhile with a lot of folks I voted for over the years that started out Conservative - but ended up raving Lefties and staunch Protectors of the Oligarchy. 

There is this magical thing that happens to just about everyone that breathes the air at Mordor on the Potomac for any extended period of time.  So I reserve my skepticism at all times.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:08:13 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

Cool.    Nice story, he's got he's talking points memorized. 

But you might want to remember that 53% of voters in Texas chose someone other than Ted Cruz in the GOP primary.

Just sayin'.

It is not just one one person that has said this, you have nothing to show what I am saying is inaccurate at all, and you might be reminded that Trump hasn't received even up to 80% in the last 2 contest, where he ran unopposed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:19:36 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online libertybele

Getting back to the topic at hand, this is true of anyone you vote for. You vote for them you own the results. In 2008 many republicrats voted for the O simply because he was black. People like Colin Powell, who at one time was a respected republican. They own it, just like those who support Trump will own it good or bad.

Exactly.  Which brings me to another point.  Too often we have voted for someone because of their political affiliation rather than vote for someone who we can align ourselves with and by that I mean, their values, their character, their beliefs, their integrtiy and judgement.  Our politicians aren't God and aren't above accountability and responsibility.  Our politicians work for US.  We do NOT work for them. 

If we take Trump for example, he says one thing and then says just the opposite or softens on a position.  This has happened in a course of 6 months not over long periods of time; so strike one - he lacks integrity.  Trump says he could smack someone or he could shoot someone and he'd still have supporters; so strike two - he lacks values.  Trump has verbally attacked and insulted Cruz, Fiorina, Kelley, Whoopi, Rosie, the disabled, etc., etc.; so strike three - he lacks character. He's out in my books.

In addition to all of those flaws, he doesn't even know how our government functions or is knowledgeable about the Constitution.

So, I'm supposed to vote for Trump because why?  IF I had one solid good reason to vote for Trump, I'd be in. He is a bombastic, narcissistic demagogue whose personality and actions have frighteningly similarities to Adolph Hit*ler.

#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:24:41 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Yes, and Ted bears some of the responsibility. Right wing ideologues aren't popular with the voting public.
So are you saying right wing ideologues are not allowed to run for President and if they do they are responsible for getting us another left of center candidate? What I've gleaned from this election is that not only is a right wing ideologues not popular with the voting public, but also doesn't seem to be popular with alleged right wingers. 
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

A-Lert

I'd say the people blindly supporting a fake conservative bear far more responsibility then someone who tried to fight but lost.

First off most Trump supporters aren't blind. We see the imperfect candidate. We also see a congress and POTUS that repeatedly let us down, lied  and broke promises. The SOS over and over again. You accuse Trump of being a fake conservative because  he isn't conservative enough for you. (NeverTrumps seem to believe they are perfect) He supports securing our borders, the 2nd Amendment, strengthening our military and fair trade. I'll take that over the broken promises, pledges and lies that we've been handed  the last few decades. Trump is going to be the GOP candidate and there are a number of people more conservative and intelligent  than you who support Trump's candidacy.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump blew some serious smoke ip by senator's behind and the little egomania fell for it. When this Trump thing goes south, Session's political career is over.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Suppressed

I am simply stating that 53% of the voters in Texas DID NOT WANT TED CRUZ.

This is a misrepresentation of the available data.

While 53% did not express a preference for him over others, it doesn't mean that 53% did not want him.  A large portion of them probably would have found him acceptable, too, over Trump.

As long as we don't have a Ranked Voting System or similar, we'll have the problem of an unliked winner.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

A-Lert

You voted for Dukakis and Carter didn't you.

No  88finger point The total idiocy of the neverTrumps.

Online libertybele

First off most Trump supporters aren't blind. We see the imperfect candidate. We also see a congress and POTUS that repeatedly let us down, lied  and broke promises. The SOS over and over again. You accuse Trump of being a fake conservative because  he isn't conservative enough for you. (NeverTrumps seem to believe they are perfect) He supports securing our borders, the 2nd Amendment, strengthening our military and fair trade. I'll take that over the broken promises, pledges and lies that we've been handed  the last few decades. Trump is going to be the GOP candidate and there are a number of people more conservative and intelligent  than you who support Trump's candidacy.

I read the very first line of your post ..."we also see a Congress and a POTUS that repeatedly let us down, lied and broke promises".  With that statement, and with Trump knowingly flip-flopping on the issues, I am really trying to understand how you see him any differently?  I'm not trying to argue a point, I am legitimately trying to understand your support of Trump.  Everything that he has stated on issues, he has softened or backed off on...how is that not breaking a promise, a pledge or out and out lying?  The words "Believe Me" and Trust Me I'll Do It" resonate very loudly right now. I honestly am not seeing the difference.

Offline kevindavis007

Just saying..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
I read the very first line of your post ..."we also see a Congress and a POTUS that repeatedly let us down, lied and broke promises".  With that statement, and with Trump knowingly flip-flopping on the issues, I am really trying to understand how you see him any differently?  I'm not trying to argue a point, I am legitimately trying to understand your support of Trump.  Everything that he has stated on issues, he has softened or backed off on...how is that not breaking a promise, a pledge or out and out lying?  The words "Believe Me" and Trust Me I'll Do It" resonate very loudly right now. I honestly am not seeing the difference.

Now comes the...
 :#@$%:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline kevindavis007

I'm going to look so forward to pay extra for everything cause of Trump's tariffs.. Not.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:27:21 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

A-Lert

He's not a politician. I've put my faith and trust in politicians for years and have been constantly disappointed. I'm willing to give a businessman a chance. He's far from being perfect, but imperfect and irreverent is what I believe is needed to get this country back on track.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Kool-Aid kills no matter who drinks it at the compound.

Sessions and Huckabee can pound sand.

Trumps own changing words and positions have caused me pause to consider voting for him, but it was the Trump Believers who validated my concerns and fears over what Nationalist Populist Fascism will bring to those who will not salute their lil' Benito.

The promises of execution for treason for daring to state as a Conservative we are not casting a ballot for Trump now abound out there.

As such, the mob can go it's own way.  I'll have nothing to do with them.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

Dayton center McElvene, 20, dies after collapsing

Just saying..

Deal with it.....just saying.

A-Lert

I'm going to look so forward to pay extra for everything cause of Trump's tariffs.. Not.

Is the price of a new 4X4 Ford Lariat or Chevy Silverado the same as it was 4 years ago?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
It indicates that we have become a society of bullies, liars, and cheaters who verbally abuse one another and that is now acceptable. All I can say now, is God, please help us!

One look at YouTube commentary [and even the commentary on this thread link proper], will confirm you've got it right! And Trump struck with a winning [if not honest] act with these (and other) peoples. Now he has to explain to Melania that more folks bought it than even he had expected. Her enthusiasm [for the White House] is not only not evident, but she looks like she could bolt at any minute. Maybe they have worked out a new agreement, or maybe she was just under the weather to begin with. But for me and my better half, "God, please help us," is where we are at as well. :0001:

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Is the price of a new 4X4 Ford Lariat or Chevy Silverado the same as it was 4 years ago?

And what If I'm a Mac user and want a new 2018 Hyundai because their warranties are far better than anything Government Motors offers?

I'll have to pay 4-20 times what I do today if Trump imposes what he says he will.

So much for freedom of choice and liberty.

Tarriffs are just a way for the Federal Beast to force you to buy what they want you to because somewhere they got their pockets greased by a union or a lobby.

A-Lert

Trumps own changing words and positions have caused me pause to consider voting for him, but it was the Trump Believers who validated my concerns and fears over what Nationalist Populist Fascism will bring to those who will not salute their lil' Benito.

The promises of execution for treason for daring to state as a Conservative we are not casting a ballot for Trump now abound out there.

:wtf!: :odrama:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sweetie, sweetie, please .... stand up, stretch, get a nice cool glass of water and walk outside in the sunshine.  You're spending way too much time underground.    **nononono*

Online Right_in_Virginia

:wtf!:

I just hope to high heavens whatever it is,  it isn't contagious.   :0001:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@INVAR   

PM me immediately!!   That's some heady sh*t you got going on there!

Maybe we can work something out?       

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald