Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122098 times)

Offline bilo

Wasn't this the conservative plan for victory after eight years of Obama?  I hope, in all seriousness, that you look long and hard at how foolish a strategy this is.   

I also hope you embrace with both hands this opportunity to stop another Clinton presidency and the guarantee of Democrat presidents for the next generation.

It was the hope this time around, but a guy pretending to be a conservative was able to win enough votes that the real conservative lost. Now we're stuck with 2 NY liberals. I will vote for conservatives on the ballot and I will send contributions to them. I won't vote for either of the NY liberals and I will advise any friends who will listen to do the same.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sinkspur

Eight years? Remember "Read my lips, no new taxes"?

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

That went out the window last week.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bilo

Besides cheap crap from China, what is it that we the US gain? How many people are employed here in goods and services supplied to our largest  "trading partners like China"?

I believe Canada & Mexico are our largest trading partners. As far as China goes it's a huge market for our agricultural products and would be for natural gas and oil if we opened up our production of our natural resources.

China is an unfair trading partner and if we opened our trade with other Asian countries in the region we would be in a better position to close down some trading with them if they didn't change their trading practices.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

A-Lert

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

That went out the window last week.

Donald Trump is NOT the POTUS yet, is he? Do you disagree with  cessation of Muslims entering the country until our representatives can figure out what is going on? Does the US government have the power to curtail or restrict entry to the USA?

Offline OldSaltUSN

I've explained trade deficits to you before, but you seem impermeable.  I'll try one more time.

A trade deficit exists when one country buys more from another country than the second country buys.  In this case, the US buys more from China than they buy from us.  Why?  We are rich and they are poor.  We can buy more from then than they can buy from us.  So we will always have a trade deficit with China and Mexico and most other countries in the world.  They give us stuff we want, we give them paper.

This keeps the cost of living low for our middle class and lower middle class.  We cannot make shirts and TV sets and computers as cheaply as China can. Or Vietnam or any Asian country.  And the stuff they do buy are our planes and construction equipment.

The jobs in Asia are not coming back to the United States!  You have to get that through your thick skull.  We have to continue to develop our high tech manufacturing (the robots that will replace the $15/hr retail workers) and our knowledge industries.

Mostly agree.  However, there are situations where some countries, and particularly China, have protectionist policies that prohibit "Buy American".   We have to admit that, and we have to agree with Trump supporters, that must be stopped.

However, that is not the norm, nor is protectionism from other countries America's largest problem.   Shutting down foreign trade, as Trump has pledged to do, will harm the first world country which can AFFORD the trade more than the third (maybe 2.5) world country that can't afford American goods anyhow.

There's simply no finesse with Trump.  There's whichever lie you care to believe, with Trump.  My guess is that whatever Trump does, his family will make $LOADS.  Just like his "self-funding" B.S., he'll get all that money from the primary back and more.  Trump will have his own "pay to play" ongoing.  If you look honestly as his history, punishing enemies and making money off the weak, the "losers" of the world, is Trump's M.O..  He'll do the same in the White House, except, he won't make it there other than as Hillary's guest.

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump is NOT the POTUS yet, is he? Do you disagree with  cessation of Muslims entering the country until our representatives can figure out what is going on? Does the US government have the power to curtail or restrict entry to the USA?

No I don't.  How could you tell they're Muslims?  They're going to tell you?  What a dope.

Offline sinkspur

Mostly agree.  However, there are situations where some countries, and particularly China, have protectionist policies that prohibit "Buy American".   We have to admit that, and we have to agree with Trump supporters, that must be stopped.

However, that is not the norm, nor is protectionism from other countries America's largest problem.   Shutting down foreign trade, as Trump has pledged to do, will harm the first world country which can AFFORD the trade more than the third (maybe 2.5) world country that can't afford American goods anyhow.

There's simply no finesse with Trump.  There's whichever lie you care to believe, with Trump.  My guess is that whatever Trump does, his family will make $LOADS.  Just like his "self-funding" B.S., he'll get all that money from the primary back and more.  Trump will have his own "pay to play" ongoing.  If you look honestly as his history, punishing enemies and making money off the weak, the "losers" of the world, is Trump's M.O..  He'll do the same in the White House, except, he won't make it there other than as Hillary's guest.

Trump makes all his suits in Mexico and his ties in China.  So, while he's bellyaching about unfair trade, he's benefiting from it.

A-Lert

I believe Canada & Mexico are our largest trading partners. As far as China goes it's a huge market for our agricultural products and would be for natural gas and oil if we opened up our production of our natural resources.

China is an unfair trading partner and if we opened our trade with other Asian countries in the region we would be in a better position to close down some trading with them if they didn't change their trading practices.

Well we know Hillary isn't going to open up natural resource extraction. The demonrats believe coal and gas are causing global warming.

I'm for fair trade, not free trade. Our government imposes regulations and restrictions on our businesses and manufacturers which limits their ability to compete fairly aginst imports.

A-Lert

No I don't.  How could you tell they're Muslims?  They're going to tell you?  What a dope.

You lose once again.

Offline sinkspur

You lose once again.

You can't answer the question. I sure wish you could rejoin the land of the living.  If you'd get over that dumbshititis disease you've got, you could.

Offline RetBobbyMI

You can't answer the question. I sure wish you could rejoin the land of the living.  If you'd get over that dumbshititis disease you've got, you could.
That's about typical of alert, always answers with a question.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

A-Lert

That's about typical of alert, always answers with a question.

See reply #163. Please refrain from making false allegations.

Offline kjam22

No one else is either. I don;t know what the Trump Reports numbers are over last year but FOX is now in 2nd place to CNN of all place for 2 months straight since they went in the tank for Donny.

Yep.... I'm done with FOX.  CNN is okay..... you know what you're getting there and it is really more balanced than FOX.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Bill Cipher

I wouldn't spend too much grief on A-Lert.  He worships Donald Trump and simply can't stand even a breath of anything that smacks of less than full worshipfulness of Trump.  It's a little disturbing to see one human being worshiping another, but I guess it takes all kinds.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I wouldn't spend too much grief on A-Lert.  He worships Donald Trump and simply can't stand even a breath of anything that smacks of less than full worshipfulness of Trump.  It's a little disturbing to see one human being worshiping another, but I guess it takes all kinds.
Now that is the best response I've seen yet. He probably had a picture of the Orange One plastered all over his home.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Agree!  The media was in the tank for Trump so their favorite DemRat party would have an easier target to beat. Now with 3 liberals running, a real conservative could step up a take it.

Exactly what is going to happen.  Has to be real Conservative.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

Worships?  You are disturbed!  :laughingdog:

A-Lert

Now that is the best response I've seen yet. He probably had a picture of the Orange One plastered all over his home.

You can take the Freeper out of Free Republic but you can't take the stupidity of Free Republic out of a Freeper! Clique, clique, clique..... 88finger point :laughingdog:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It was the hope this time around, but a guy pretending to be a conservative was able to win enough votes that the real conservative lost. Now we're stuck with 2 NY liberals. I will vote for conservatives on the ballot and I will send contributions to them. I won't vote for either of the NY liberals and I will advise any friends who will listen to do the same.

Trump and New York Communist values

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2016/04/16/trump-endorsed-communist-de-blasio/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RetBobbyMI

You can take the Freeper out of Free Republic but you can't take the stupidity of Free Republic out of a Freeper! Clique, clique, clique..... 88finger point :laughingdog:
Ha ha... Must be nice to be so full of yourself.

Offline Henry Noel

The jobs in Asia are not coming back to the United States!

Oh, they might ... if we turn ourselves into a Third World nation with taxes, regulation and tariffs.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

He certainly is keen on those emoticons, isn't he? His primary response to a point made by anybody he disagrees with is to roll on the floor laughing. Cute, but hardly a valid form of argumentation, unless you're a liberal.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

A-Lert

He certainly is keen on those emoticons, isn't he? His primary response to a point made by anybody he disagrees with is to roll on the floor laughing. Cute, but hardly a valid form of argumentation, unless you're a liberal.

Ridiculous allegations,  accusations and incessant whining warrant little more than an emoticon.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Ridiculous allegations,  accusations and incessant whining warrant little more than an emoticon.
Now THAT should raise the BS flag! :bsflag:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

That's because

1) We've gone through all the VALID reasons...ad nauseum... why we've chosen Donald Trump, going on 9 months now.

2) Donald Trump HAS the 1237 delegate votes for the 1st Convention vote...in hand or virtually guaranteed. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald